ShiroTenshi

Patch 0.12.7 Preliminary Patch Notes

RegentStrife00
3 minutes ago, Barangolo said:

I thought we were beta-testers with opinions for feedback, not nodders ;)

Let's agree to disagree on the skill system and whether it's proper design, but accepting something "because that's just the way it is" is excluding yourself from discussing any points. I prefer to contribute my personal opinion and arguments that support it.

Your personal opinion directly started off as an attack and wants to turn the game into something else all together, which I am against. Call it "nodding" or what have you, but I gave my personal opinions and you met it with toxicity, which solved nothing. Agree to disagree.

Jigovsky

Love it. Great work BSG!

crimsonspartan

Oh boy, another pump shotgun, just what we need!

RegentStrife00
Just now, crimsonspartan said:

Oh boy, another pump shotgun, just what we need!

Shotties are low key boss lol

LoneWolf_ROU

probably going to be out in december....and with hotfixes it will be stable in march 2021

feelmyowned

Desync fix, please? Getting killed almost every raid after getting covered.

UnrealPie

Well, my 2:45 survival rating is about to tank even more. lol 

Ichigo
vor einer Stunde schrieb Annunaki:

Please Please please make the ping limit higher so we can play with our friends BSG. 200 ping limit would be ideal. I am not the only one complaining about this. Others are having the same issue. We all love Tarkov, it brought us together. But we miss playing together since the ping limit got decreased. So please I beg of you BSG, make the ping limit higher. Great game btw, love every second of it.

and make for other people  with good ping the game wors.. best idea

Klosteinmann
Posted (edited)
vor 2 Stunden schrieb RegentStrife00:

As mentioned in @threlve's statement, Elite Skills absolutely DO NOT make you "unkillable". A headshot is still a headshot, no matter what.

But the way a headshot is done is changed.

You have less recoil, you have less trouble moving or being covert inside the game that's unfair and one argument I keep bringing up this argument on my own in discussions and stream and I really find slim to no reason in the scenario EFT tries to be a realistic game and I bought into that aspect a of course game can't be a 100% realistic that's why were playing them but...on fact I was shown and promised this before buying the game.

In which realistic scenario is a solider so dumb that he hasn't had seen a shooting range before or had simple endurance tests and has a baseline which is comparable to other soliders their baseline is fairly high here they can't really be much slower then others. You cant skill your hearing skill. If you think you can train something hearing I think you are imagining things or confuse it with simple surround awareness.

So on this point I see little reason to why they should bring back skills in a bigger way instead of balancing out the old ones in a smaller package with fewer effects added to the characters. That'd be a wise decision for the future as ultimately these effects are and will ultimately be a big game changer in any fight. As it's the amount of buffs you can receive from all the skills what matters not just that you have one but most of the time you stack a lot of effects.

Question: How often do you just stay back in a firefight to heal because you know that the next shot will maybe do so much damage that it will instantly kill you because of the debuffs added by getting shot. A lot of the time soldiers will experience an adrenaline rush and a lot of health related disaffects or damage is ignored by the human body not trying to say if you get shot in the stomach that you'll keep shooting normally forever like as if we were in a Rambo movie.

But you wouldn't necessarily start throwing your gun off target in this case for a couple of seconds until your body inevitable collapses and adjusts accordingly to the blood loss and internal organ damage.

It becomes less of an issue to start running into situation where people will abuse simply those effects in order to take out other players in a way like that cool story bruh you did something nerdy. But let's face it what does this have to do with a fair and realistic game absolutely nothing.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb RegentStrife00:

also, this current system is incredibly realistic. you start as a person with the same amount of 'experience' on the 'battlefield' as other players. as you progress through the game you get better at some skills, while at the same time, if you don't use a certain skill, it regresses. 

I disagree.

To say a baseline is realistic would only be realistic if we're comparing it objectively to real-life combat trained soliders nothing less. Everything else is guess work. They have to append their parameters and variables towards the real-life and not adjust it to fictional 0 values because that's easier to implement.

What really be realistic was if we started off with random values some are stronger on the baseline for specific personel  at specific parameters and weaker at others like Endurance for Soliders. That's how real life works ;)

To make it clear I don't want them to entirely take out the system (rather rework the entire system until it's actually fair and balanced for newer & semi-experinced players) of the game they decided it was gonna be a RPG game with skill elements. But maybe turn down the skill elements like 3 steps before you step into a doompit of balancing issues because these effects act recursive once you nerf the gun that was to bad another gun will become better with a certain skill set.

If you want to add longevity to a game there is other ways then adding in a skill and level system. Though I can tell why a lot of people find this aspect very appealing.

But I was never a fan of leveling in games in general. Their trying to add a virtual depth to a game and distract from the importance of the gameplay itself. Let's just take annoying pop-ups like level up notifications. I don't care but you know what can't disable it, so I  just have to disable it.

Edited by Klosteinmann

Annunaki
1 minute ago, Ichigo said:

and make for other people  with good ping the game wors.. best idea

how would it make the game worse? nothing good has changed since they limited the ping to 165. everything is the same as it was.

SirPyjak

so ive never made a post on the forums about this game sense i got it, this will be my first one were i really feel i need to voice my concerns about this game. after reading through the comments and the change notes i feel like this patch will hurt the game immensely. the gap between players is very wide in tarkovs current state and those more casual players are struggling with getting anywere. these changes i feel will only make that gape wider and more difficult to those that cant play constantly. the game is becoming less and less realistic with the more changes they do, from the nerfs to the mosin and its ammo and now even more reliance on skills that most people dont have time to in there lives to do. if more changes like this are to happen then i fear that the casual community that plays this game will diminish into basically nothing and very soon the middle ground players will leave it as well.

Daxane

did you fix the ping limit so we can play with friends over seas?

• Like 2

Redangelguts

80 to 85 on thorax?!

pls no call of duty mode! :(

Annunaki
12 minutes ago, Daxane said:

did you fix the ping limit so we can play with friends over seas?

yes please!!!!

• Upvote 2

Aglend

lets go streamer roadmap patch notes are here

• Sad 1

johnRfire
Posted (edited)

estoy super hypeado por esto, pero aun me quedo con la duda, que pasa con nuesta ump? o el revólver? y mas aun que pasa con el vector que mucho esperamos ?? 'xD aun sigo creyendo que los rifles de cañon largo deberian tener algo mas de daño y penetracion por generar mas poder al convertir mejor el gas

Edited by johnRfire

Ichigo

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Annunaki:

how would it make the game worse? nothing good has changed since they limited the ping to 165. everything is the same as it was.

of course! ...

johnRfire

igual podrian colocar una skill que permitan al jugador a sobrevivir de un disparo mortal al cuerpo, quiero decir, si puede aguantar tantos disparos porque no acostumbrarse ? ademas los pmc hasta son capaces de aguantar 15 disparos a un pie y no morir podria acostumbrarse y no caer desmayado :v

DoocMoStar

can you add Paint .. for customization ?

spray paint?

fofouu
Posted (edited)

I usually don't post anything on the forums but I will do it this time.

I just did read all the patchnotes and the comment, AI improvements looks promising, I guess now there will be a chance that a simple normal scav can be wearing good gear he picked up from a dead body.

On the skill side, I think this surgery and aim drills looks good, though I hope aim drills aim speed is not too much, we already have the ergo stat for that.

The gap may be wider but I don't see it as a problem, if someone is better at the game they won't have that many problems killing a kitted but worse player. Yeah, if you put 2 guys with the same gear and skill, but one of them played the game for 2k hours and has elite skills, why wouldnt he have some sort of advantage over the guy who only plays the weekends? Yeah skills can make a difference but it's not like it make them immortal beings, some people still kill full geared guys with just a pistol am I right? Just pick the good fights, if you're afraid you will lose the fight you might just run with your earned gear instead of dying then crying cause he had a tier 6 armor and a little bit less recoil.

On top of everything, I hope the grenade launcher is not so op, like, please, tell me that there won't be any grenade that explode on hit.

I'm pretty hyped overall about this patch, customs expansion looks amazing and now I will be able to go back to snoreline for some new quests/boss, though my pc struggles with that map xD

Edited by fofouu

Jezzzah

Thanks BSG! Looks great, your map designers are amongst the best in business I think and customs expansion  show this beautifully!

Developz
1 hour ago, SirPyjak said:

so ive never made a post on the forums about this game sense i got it, this will be my first one were i really feel i need to voice my concerns about this game. after reading through the comments and the change notes i feel like this patch will hurt the game immensely. the gap between players is very wide in tarkovs current state and those more casual players are struggling with getting anywere. these changes i feel will only make that gape wider and more difficult to those that cant play constantly. the game is becoming less and less realistic with the more changes they do, from the nerfs to the mosin and its ammo and now even more reliance on skills that most people dont have time to in there lives to do. if more changes like this are to happen then i fear that the casual community that plays this game will diminish into basically nothing and very soon the middle ground players will leave it as well.

its actually a nerf to skills. 

SirPyjak
2 minutes ago, Developz said:

its actually a nerf to skills. 

then thats a step in the right direction. as it sits though theres still a massive gap between players and no equalizer besides just being a no life at the game or rmt for gear and money. 

Developz
33 minutes ago, SirPyjak said:

then thats a step in the right direction. as it sits though theres still a massive gap between players and no equalizer besides just being a no life at the game or rmt for gear and money. 

i mean a person who has more time is supposed to be faster and be ale to carry more than a new players its just how to game was designed. also rmt is basically dead. they did a good job making it not worth it. in every game out there someone who no lifes a game is gona be better than someone who plays 1 hour a day

NorseSkald
8 hours ago, oldforester said:

So ... Even more bunnyhopping?

with the nade launcher, this will feel just like cod 2.0, guess all we need now is the battle pass we all know is coming