Patch 0.12.7 Preliminary Patch Notes

stardrix
Posted (edited)

plz add a new Smoke
M18-Smoke

Edited by stardrix
  • Like 2

ZionRoL

The scavs are starting to act like humans..? I foresee the end of the world coming hahahah

• Hot 1

sgtbare

-Rework of the “Strength” skill 

-Increase all weight limits

-Increase the speed of the sprint

-Increase the jump height

-Increase the strength of the grenade throw

-Increase the strength of a melee attack

-(Elite) The weight does not take into account the weapons on the sling and on the back

-(Elite) Melee attack can be stronger than usual

-Rework of the "Endurance" skill

-Increased feet stamina

-Reduced stamina consumption for jumping

-Increased holding breath time when ads

-Increased the speed of breath recovery

-(Elite) Maximum increase in breathing recovery rate

-(Elite) Breathing is no longer dependent on energy

-(Elite) Increased stamina reserve

-Various fixes in old skills

-Added 5 HP to the health of “Chest” zone (from 80 to 85) 

What is this? making game more casual for crybabies? especially this change "-Increase the speed of the sprint"

I strongly believe this game does not need a f*cking sprint speed increase, otherwise I'd be still playing shitty arcade paced survarium which from patch to patch kept increasing sprint speed until they lost their playerbase.

We don't need more goddamn streamers destroying game immersion by brainless run'n'gunning...

Please answer, is there any real reason to increase sprint speed??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pripyat_Strelok
36 minutes ago, sgtbare said:

-(Elite) The weight does not take into account the weapons on the sling and on the back

-Increased feet stamina

What is this? making game more casual for crybabies? especially this change "-Increase the speed of the sprint"

I strongly believe this game does not need a f*cking sprint speed increase, otherwise I'd be still playing shitty arcade paced survarium which from patch to patch kept increasing sprint speed until they lost their playerbase.

We don't need more goddamn streamers destroying game immersion by brainless run'n'gunning...

I agree with you 100%...looks like the game is becoming more a Russian-skinned Call Of Duty...5hp more to the thorax is a big NO, also making movements even faster than before is honestly game breaking. Movements are already too fast, I suggest to slow them down instead if making em faster. I'm fearing this game will become even more fast paced and unrealistic with each patch that goes. Please, don't take that direction, make tarkov the "hardcore realistic shooter" that it deserves, this game has a lot of potential and I'm sorry to say, but you're wasting it...If devs fear to lose their player base, well I think that if you turn the game to something more hardcore instead of arcade, you will gain a lot of players who bought the game for what it is: a realistic shooter, so no fear for that, game right now is barely playable, its crossing the line of arcade fps...This is not good...

For ppl who thinks movements are fine:

https://amp.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/bx6tdx/eft_movement_rates/

• Like 1

Dynamite1337GER

When will the patch come out / going live?

MICHAELSAMUELLE
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, sindree said:

This is a simulation of real life, and real life combat, there are always going to be people that are more skilled then you, in more ways than just shooting a gun.

That is pure BS...These streamers have been playing for YEARS, know every player, scav and loot spawn locations and therefore will get to the loot far faster than any new player... This is NO realism whatsoever... You have Pestily get to level 40 in THREE DAYS after the wipe... This is not about skill, but EXPERIENCE PLAYING THE GAME FOR YEARS! Honestly, people still using that intellectually dishonest argument today is either a streamer looking after his own privileged arse or just someone who does not know HOW LONG this game has been in beta... AND if you really think this game is a simulation of real life, go jump off a two storey building and see if you survive, or try to shoot an assault rifle in auto and see if you can control it, or see if you get a disabled arm and leg and see if you can still lift a weapon, much less use it, or see if you can walk at all... Also, take a painkiller without being wounded and see if you do not get drowsy instead of invencible... Honestly, this is what someone who does not know how the real world works nor has ever seen a REAL gun being fired, would say...  Hysterical... HAHAHAHA

Edited by MICHAELSAMUELLE
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

skimer
22 hours ago, Probing said:

The PPSH have a bug that doesn´t show the screen for "Bullet in Chamber" in "Info" menú of the Weapon.

The PPSH is an open bolt gun, which means it doesn't hold a bullet in the chamber, the first round in the mag is the one that will be fired.

• Like 1

DeadEyeKiwi
7 hours ago, xLobsterPiratex said:

If you watch Pestily’s podcast on this I think he explains the Mosin will still one tap unless wearing certain level armours which makes sense IRL, also they said the grenade launcher would have limited range, rounds would be EXTREMELY expensive and so would the gun. Also very rare to FIR. but I can understand your concern for maps like factory. Also I would like to know what the A D A D spam is that you’re referring to? And I don’t see a problem with the bunny hopping. I’ve only ever been able to do one bunny hop in a row, but I feel it’s a viable strat for getting across big long open areas that you’d usually get one tapped in imo. Also with the new .366 amo that useless sniper and AK variant will become a much better option late game now. 

Realistically 7.62x54r or 7.62x51 penetrating armor and zipping through your chest, will kill 99.9% of people, unless you're apart of that 0.1% miracle.

Realistically, if body armor stops a round, backface deformation happens, so does behind-armor blunt force trauma, which bruises, stress fractures and in some cases organ rupturing can happen etc depending on how close the shot was from, and the caliber and ammo type.

Helmets in EFT are like wearing a full level Iii+ encasement around your head, and face shields are like using multiple-impact ballistic glass used for vehicles, over your face. In reality, any rifle round will go through majority of helmets & face shields.

This is why I don't like IRL as an argument too much,  easy to be selective. This is a game so decisions are made for fun factor and to give items usability, but sometimes those decisions made are bad and effect game balance. End of the day, the 5hp increase just makes life harder for new guys and low levels with no trader levels and no flea market access. Their only chance to kill higher level players, with full sweat kit, is by using things like the Mosin, or the Hunter, or they have to pray level 55 sweaty boy doesn't have a face shield and is using level 3 armor. As much as I get mad at mosins, this change is bad. Just reduces weapons and ammo viability more too.

A D A D Spam aka Side strafing in EFT is very unnatural and quite fast, lacks momentum. Firefights are two guys holding down LMB while moving left and right quickly, it looks and feels stupid. A bit too gamey. 

Bunny hopping; If you can time your jumps correctly, you can do a more powerful jump that launches you forward, if you're good and know the movement mechanics, and have good timing, you can do multiple of these jumps, back to back. I use it to cross large open spaces, across doorways or to avoid being shot. I use it, it's super cheesy, but has no place in EFT.

• Like 1

GymTime
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, DeadEyeKiwi said:

Realistically 7.62x54r or 7.62x51 penetrating armor and zipping through your chest, will kill 99.9% of people, unless you're apart of that 0.1% miracle.

Realistically, if body armor stops a round, backface deformation happens, so does behind-armor blunt force trauma, which bruises, stress fractures and in some cases organ rupturing can happen etc depending on how close the shot was from, and the caliber and ammo type.

Helmets in EFT are like wearing a full level Iii+ encasement around your head, and face shields are like using multiple-impact ballistic glass used for vehicles, over your face. In reality, any rifle round will go through majority of helmets & face shields.

This is why I don't like IRL as an argument too much,  easy to be selective. This is a game so decisions are made for fun factor and to give items usability, but sometimes those decisions made are bad and effect game balance. End of the day, the 5hp increase just makes life harder for new guys and low levels with no trader levels and no flea market access. Their only chance to kill higher level players, with full sweat kit, is by using things like the Mosin, or the Hunter, or they have to pray level 55 sweaty boy doesn't have a face shield and is using level 3 armor. As much as I get mad at mosins, this change is bad. Just reduces weapons and ammo viability more too.

A D A D Spam aka Side strafing in EFT is very unnatural and quite fast, lacks momentum. Firefights are two guys holding down LMB while moving left and right quickly, it looks and feels stupid. A bit too gamey. 

Bunny hopping; If you can time your jumps correctly, you can do a more powerful jump that launches you forward, if you're good and know the movement mechanics, and have good timing, you can do multiple of these jumps, back to back. I use it to cross large open spaces, across doorways or to avoid being shot. I use it, it's super cheesy, but has no place in EFT.

Agreed. I don't know why seemingly all of these recent changes benefit high level players and make it harder for newer/lower level/casual players. As far as I'm aware, most of the input they listen to comes from the streamers, and a lot of streamers complain when they get "one or two shotted" by a low geared/cheap gear player so I assume these changes are to benefit them.

Most of the ammo is pretty useless already. Now its going to add even more ammo types to the "useless" list and is going to make other players more bullet spongey.

I was hoping they were going to do something about the ADADAD spam as I agree, it feels very gamey and arcadey in an otherwise very immersive game. Most gunfights devolve into both players rapidly strafing left and right with zero momentum or intertia while spraying at each other. With lack of momentum, they instantly change directions and it looks very unnatural and fake. Combined with that already bad desync and hit detection, this causes other issues with that and many times comes down to luck and who the server favors who wins those fights.

Although the devs seemed to have changed their mantra from "as realistic as possible" to "as realistic as playable" when talking about fixing the ADADAD spam, and sounds like they are going to leave it as is.

Edited by GymTime
  • Like 1

Aneoas

nothing new i see..

• Cold 1
  • Sad 2

Dr_Twist
Posted (edited)

I don't advocate for 100% total realism, honestly.

I believe the game can feel pretty realistic given there are consequences for certain actions. In other words, being selective in how they simulate real life in a video game is personally how I think they should do it. 

I think the game can reach a point where the experience is fairly believable. But right now, it's not even close. Too Arcady imo.

- Spawns are still broken. You can die 30 seconds into a 45+ minute raid.

- ADAD Spam (Need to polish movement)

- Money Farming (Money is still too easy to make)

The cherry on top for me though is the fact that they, keep reducing the impact made when getting shot which is what's really pissing me off. In a game attempting to simulate real life combat, getting shot is the WORST possible situation that can happen to any soldier.

Enemy blacks out a limb or lands multiple shots on you and you are forced to play differently. Forced to adapt to the new situation being that your PMC is wounded. In terms of that specific aspect of the game, it controlled YOU, not the other way around.

But BSG continues to make that concept less of a problem or less inconvenient than it should be for players by making what is supposed to be a major obstacle, nothing more than a minor inconvenience. 

In other words, getting shot is a serious thing; it's supposed to be BAD but because of the new Surgery "Skill", players treat any mistakes leading to them getting shot as nothing more than a quick laughable experience before healing to full and running off as if nothing happened.

Edited by Dr_Twist
  • Like 2

GymTime
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dr_Twist said:

I don't advocate for 100% total realism, honestly.

I believe the game can feel pretty realistic given there are consequences for certain actions. In other words, being selective in how they simulate real life in a video game is personally how I think they should do it. 

I think the game can reach a point where the experience believable. But right now, it's not even close. Too Arcady imo.

The fact that they keep reducing the impact made when getting shot is what's really pissing me off. In a game attempting to simulate real life combat, getting shot is the WORST possible situation that can happen to any soldier.

Enemy blacks out a limb or land multiple shots on you and you are forced to play differently. Forced to adapt to the new situation being that your PMC is wounded. But BSG continues to make that concept non-existant by making what is supposed to be a major obstacle for players, nothing more than a minor inconvenience

In other words, getting shot is supposed to be BAD but because of the new Surgery "Skill", players treat any mistakes leading to them getting shot as nothing more than a quick laughable experience before healing to full and running off as if nothing happened.

I agree, I don't want 100% realism, but I also feel currently the game is leaning far toward "too arcade" than realism. Especially with the recent and upcoming changes.

-Faster healing

-Skills to allow for faster movement, higher jumping

-More player health (heavily geared players will become even more of a walking tank) while the vast majority of ammo types remain useless

-Stims that will last 30 minutes and reduce 20% of damage taken 

Seems like they changed their tune and direction on the game to appease streamers and their audience, as the original vision of the game was more of a hardcore/tactical and more realistic shooter (again, I don't mean it has to be 100% realistic) but none of these changes are aiding in the realism side, just further pushing away from it. 

I was hoping they would at least address the intertia-less ADADAD spam that everyone seems to use in gunfights now, but they also said it looks like they won't be changing that either.

Edited by GymTime

DanExert

Pog

• Sad 2

siinister1

Only one question....WHEN??

• Upvote 1

GymTime
On 7/15/2020 at 5:42 PM, SirPyjak said:

so ive never made a post on the forums about this game sense i got it, this will be my first one were i really feel i need to voice my concerns about this game. after reading through the comments and the change notes i feel like this patch will hurt the game immensely. the gap between players is very wide in tarkovs current state and those more casual players are struggling with getting anywere. these changes i feel will only make that gape wider and more difficult to those that cant play constantly. the game is becoming less and less realistic with the more changes they do, from the nerfs to the mosin and its ammo and now even more reliance on skills that most people dont have time to in there lives to do. if more changes like this are to happen then i fear that the casual community that plays this game will diminish into basically nothing and very soon the middle ground players will leave it as well.

Seems like the entire direction of the game changed when the Twitch drops happened and the streamers took over

Notice that pretty much all of these changes favor what the streamers want and the original direction and vision of the game seems to have changed

• Upvote 1

Aneoas

I would say, the original direction is gone. Since the beginning of this year the game has changed a lot. Its nice to see they managed to make it work,  but on the other hand, i really dont care anymore. Its working, but its not what it should be. 

Maybe, battlestate will make us care again someday in the future, but i doubt it. 

Instead of completing the missing features from the original concept, we are getting "stuff" nobody asked for nor wanted.

There are few hardcore shooters with nice, welcoming, niche community. 

But there is ton of fast paced arcady shooters with long TTK, bsg should reconsider what they want to do really. 

for me, tarkov is not a game, its a forum, for like two years......

• Like 2

PyroYoda
14 hours ago, sgtbare said:

-Increased feet stamina

Yea, I agree.

I got confused because you can already level up your stamina more then enough in the current state of the game.

Zolty47
Am 15.7.2020 um 20:06 schrieb MrKeram:

where is Kriss Vector?

with 12.8.

I guess with the addition of the new .45 ACP rounds they want to make sure that the UMP45 and Kriss Vector45 will have their impact on the meta. 

They add also the military AP version of the 9x19mm ammo. 

45 ACP and 9mm guns get buffed significantly with these ammo additions and then when the ammo is wide spread among the players the UMP and Vector get released.

I guess that was the  idea behind all of that bringing the good ammo first and later on the iconic guns that use this ammo.

iwanty4o98
Am 15.7.2020 um 19:16 schrieb ShiroTenshi:

Changed:

• Updated SV-98 animation, hold, new animations when entering and exiting a sprint, new hold in the menu and on the loading screen

Does that mean they also finally fixed the god awful trigger delay on the SV-98?

Joseph7Felix

Definitely excited for this update but a little disappointed on the fixes. There are a ton of bugs in this game that occur to me all the time that haven't been changed at all so far. Some of these bugs are: (me having to reset game because traders are bugged and wont accept items being sold, having to reset game because I haven't received flea market cash after item is sold, traders showing a different price than you receive if you remove attachments from gun and select trader too quickly, Grenades killing you through walls, maybe some changes to spawn points so someone doesn't spawn 30 seconds away from me and instantly rushes me, bug where raiders on labs are stuck but when shot once they start moving again, bug where if you and a friend loot an item at the same time that item doesn't get stuck in the 'moving' animation in your inventory in whatever it is placed in for the entire raid, desync (i think) bug where someone shoots you but on your screen you are in a different location and you start to randomly take damage, a bug when you click "unload" on a mag and go out of your inventory at the same time it doesn't get stuck (not able to shoot or reload/unload mag while it is stuck), a bug where if you reload, (usually only occurs with M4 for me) it gets stuck mid animation for about 3-5 seconds. (this bug is quite rare but has caused me to die in important situations multiple times.) A bug where sometimes if you are repacking a mag, and unpack a bullet out of the mag if doesn't let you repack or unpack any more unless you load the mag and unload the mag.) These are all just some important bugs (Not even close to all of the bugs I have experienced but it's still in beta so not too concerned about the rest) which I have been waiting for a change on and I definitely think some of these are of high concern and some are very common and can lead to death during important raids and can be stressful. Still pretty hyped for this patch though. :)

halberger

Customs expansion is welcome, but it should have been done ages ago. Bugfixes are always a nice thing. As for the AI, it sounds very good, but I'd be more excited if you could fix in a similar manner all the well known issues of the current online meta. The rest is garbage - especially the "rework" of skills and the new insta-healing boss. Increase in chest HP only adds insult to injury. I feel like the next update will include health bars displayed over people's heads.

I think by now it's pretty much clear what direction the EFT development is going to take and I'm very much unhappy about it. That's not what was shown on early trailers, not what was advertised and not what I've invested my time and money into.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kyawn
On 7/16/2020 at 4:30 PM, MICHAELSAMUELLE said:

That is pure BS...These streamers have been playing for YEARS, know every player, scav and loot spawn locations and therefore will get to the loot far faster than any new player... This is NO realism whatsoever... You have Pestily get to level 40 in THREE DAYS after the wipe... This is not about skill, but EXPERIENCE PLAYING THE GAME FOR YEARS! Honestly, people still using that intellectually dishonest argument today is either a streamer looking after his own privileged arse or just someone who does not know HOW LONG this game has been in beta... AND if you really think this game is a simulation of real life, go jump off a two storey building and see if you survive, or try to shoot an assault rifle in auto and see if you can control it, or see if you get a disabled arm and leg and see if you can still lift a weapon, much less use it, or see if you can walk at all... Also, take a painkiller without being wounded and see if you do not get drowsy instead of invencible... Honestly, this is what someone who does not know how the real world works nor has ever seen a REAL gun being fired, would say...  Hysterical... HAHAHAHA

Hopefully things like the dynamic loot system when it's introduced will help alleviate some of the issues, if the loot isn't always guaranteed to be in the same place then it's not possible to truly "farm and control" it. It's one thing among many, but I believe it will have a significant impact on how players navigate the map and how they choose to interact with other players.

GoonSnake
On 7/17/2020 at 12:38 AM, sgtbare said:

-Increased feet stamina

I agree. 'ck streamers 

TheWay

Today, at 12.40 Moscow time, we plan to conduct a technical update to improve the game stability.

The game will be stopped.

Technical work on the update will take about 2 hours.

After the work is completed, everyone will need to update the client via the launcher.

TheWay

The technical update has begun.