mattix

Balancing out Grenades

mattix

Tarkov has a nade spam problem. It's already pretty bad with thrown hand grenades. But with the upcoming underbarrel grenades. I'm terrified. Instead of outright nerfing grenades how about giving grenades the ability to destroy loot? The closer you are to a grenade blast, and depending which part of your player model is exposed to the blast, the loot in that exposed area will have a higher probability of sustaining damage. Regardless if you survive the blast or not. You or the guy looting you will have to contend with damaged and unusable loot. There could also be a chance for chain detonations with grenades and ammo stored on the body. Thereby adding another layer of depth and danger to the game. Players will have to make the choice between a guaranteed kill or guaranteed loot.

Example: You take a nade to the chest; then your rig is shot and so is everything in it. Or you take a nade to the back. Your backpack protected you, but everything in it is trashed. 

BlooDxHound
12 minutes ago, mattix said:

Tarkov has a nade spam problem. It's already pretty bad with thrown hand grenades. But with the upcoming underbarrel grenades. I'm terrified. Instead of outright nerfing grenades how about giving grenades the ability to destroy loot? The closer you are to a grenade blast, and depending which part of your player model is exposed to the blast, the loot in that exposed area will have a higher probability of sustaining damage. Regardless if you survive the blast or not. You or the guy looting you will have to contend with damaged and unusable loot. There could also be a chance for chain detonations with grenades and ammo stored on the body. Thereby adding another layer of depth and danger to the game. Players will have to make the choice between a guaranteed kill or guaranteed loot.

Example: You take a nade to the chest; then your rig is shot and so is everything in it. Or you take a nade to the back. Your backpack protected you, but everything in it is trashed. 

No idea what the devs are thinking, in alpha one of the trailers had a grenade being used. After it blew up even though the character was at least 7 meters away his ears started ringing because in real life grenades are loud. That was a penalty for grenades because if you threw them in close quarters you would be temporarily stunned as well as the enemy. Also if I recall correctly they took longer to throw, not just 'G' and cod throw without having to put gun away, pull pin, aim and throw etc. If they want to keep tarkov realistic they need to add a grenade system like in DayZ, you hotkey your grenade, you take it in your hand and put your weapon away, you pull the pin with left click, and then with g only then you can throw and release. No more, G G G GG G G G G, throws with 60 grenades per minute.

• Like 2

mattix
2 hours ago, BlooDxHound said:

No idea what the devs are thinking, in alpha one of the trailers had a grenade being used. After it blew up even though the character was at least 7 meters away his ears started ringing because in real life grenades are loud. That was a penalty for grenades because if you threw them in close quarters you would be temporarily stunned as well as the enemy. Also if I recall correctly they took longer to throw, not just 'G' and cod throw without having to put gun away, pull pin, aim and throw etc. If they want to keep tarkov realistic they need to add a grenade system like in DayZ, you hotkey your grenade, you take it in your hand and put your weapon away, you pull the pin with left click, and then with g only then you can throw and release. No more, G G G GG G G G G, throws with 60 grenades per minute.

Agree. Games with quick nade buttons always have problem with nade spam. Doesn't matter if you only get one nade per life. Games that force you to actively select grenades and prime them for the throw have a much lessened problem with nade spam. Having to actively choose to use a grenade leaves you temporarily vulnerable. Making you choose the right time to use a grenade.  Risk and Reward. There is little risk to nade spam in tarkov and lots of reward. I know that asking the devs to disable quick nade span would anger the community, but there's gotta be a better way to address grenade spam in general. Without nerfing nades into oblivion.

Bumbah

Maybe increasing the nade prices by 100-200% would at least help, also introducing shrapnel protection to vests or completely new vests specialized in shrapnel protection into the game, would also potentially help balance the upcoming 40mm launcher 

• Like 1

mattix

Price gouging wont account for nades found in raid. And it will just incentivize people to throw more nades because duck it, might as well instead of letting the guy who kills me get them

Bumbah

Well you could adjust the chance to find grenades in raid until they are rare enough and you could increase the price of the nades on the flee market until people cant economically run large amounts of them, just need to find the right numbers. Then again everyone has their opinion on what amount of nade throwing is spam and what is not (although I agree there is a lot of them flying around currently and they are very cheap). 

J.P

Definitely agree with the idea of nades not being able to be quick thrown, I feel like that would be a good balance on the use of grenades overall.

And when it comes to the effects of nades in close quarters where it can also stun and deafen the user and the receiver to some degree, that would also be a nice addition to the overall use of them, but perhaps that's simply a feature they haven't gotten around to adding into the game just yet.

• Like 1

davidj123456

I think this is a good idea. But I think bullets should do the same effect. In general if you break someone's gear of clothing with any sort of projectile or blunt damage, it should not only break/take damage, but the items within it should fall out or break also. Honestly, this would be great.