BlooDxHound

How to make tarkov realistic again

BlooDxHound

Make ALL humans in Tarkov have the same health values

Keep human health the same as it was before

Remove stimulants

Remove surgery kits

Make it so that if you jump whilst sprinting with over 30kg on you, you fall over and break your legs

Limit jump height to around 0.4 meters max if you have nothing on you

Add stepping over/climbing over obstacles

Do not add 'cone of fire' on guns

If you fall from more than 5 meters you will die

If your legs are broken and you take a painkiller you dont sprint but limp significantly faster

Stop listening to streamers that played COD or fortnite before tarkov

Do not listen to the 'casual' audience that makes suggestions which promote COD ideas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 3

PyroYoda
14 minutes ago, BlooDxHound said:

I so want that!

chrisragnar

Mhmm.. no, no thanks.

• Upvote 1

Vizualx47

Such stupid ideas (minus the obstacle one)... 100% realism doesn't always translates well into a game.

Also I can jump with 30kg without breaking my legs thanks bye. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Saint_CRYSTAL

Too much realism will kill any game. Tarkov is already in a very good place with its difficulty and will continue to become harder. Also, I'm not sure why you think some of those suggestions are in anyway realistic.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Xeraphas
10 hours ago, BlooDxHound said:

Make it so that if you jump whilst sprinting with over 30kg on you, you fall over and break your legs

Dude do you have glass toothpicks legs? Most of us were running around and jumping with 30kg of school books on our back in third grade.

It seems like so many people on the forums don't understand how legs work.

• Hot 1

brian_fn
52 minutes ago, ShiroAni said:

Too much realism will kill any game. Tarkov is already in a very good place with its difficulty and will continue to become harder. Also, I'm not sure why you think some of those suggestions are in anyway realistic.

The game in its current state is difficult/hardcore but not for of the game mechanics themself, its because players act like in COD cuz they can(together with the poor performance/netcode). The suggestions from the op are heavy(some are too heavy), but this would slow down the current fast-paced gunplay a little bit and bring some realism back to EFT.

Broke your leg due to a bullet? No problem, painkiller and a splint later you can run again with your 30 kg backpack. 

Got heavily hit? Easy, a little bit of field surgery and 30 sec later you are back in the fight.

Normally the raid should be over in these cases, at least you should not be able to fight anymore. If you are in a team, ok, they might drag you out(like it is shown in BSGs own Raid videos), but these mechanics don´t exist (yet).

Atm, the consequences of being hit in a firefight are way to poor and I think this will stay because otherwise the game will not be as successful as it is now.

• Like 1

somemivix
On 7/15/2020 at 10:30 PM, BlooDxHound said:

Remove stimulants

Remove surgery kits

If your legs are broken and you take a painkiller you dont sprint but limp significantly faster

Do not listen to the 'casual' audience that makes suggestions which promote COD ideas

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH LMFAOO IMAGINE IF THEY JUST TOOK OUT LIKE A HUGE PORTION OF MEDICALS IN TEH GAME TO BE MORE "REALISTIC" KEKW

GymTime
Posted (edited)

Why do so many have such an aversion to the word realism in games?

Nothing wrong with some realism. I don't want everything to be 100% realistic, but right now the combat is FAR from realistic in any regard.

We already have tons of arcade FPS shooters. Why can't we have one with elements of realism that isn't a milsim?

Edited by GymTime
  • Upvote 1

FamouZPT

Scavs are ridiculous...They almost never fail the shots, with 1-2 shots they can kill lol..and 1 shot and my leg is 0% ...pfff ridiculous...nothing realistic from there

Hamm
20 hours ago, brian_fn said:

The game in its current state is difficult/hardcore but not for of the game mechanics themself, its because players act like in COD cuz they can(together with the poor performance/netcode). The suggestions from the op are heavy(some are too heavy), but this would slow down the current fast-paced gunplay a little bit and bring some realism back to EFT.

Broke your leg due to a bullet? No problem, painkiller and a splint later you can run again with your 30 kg backpack. 

Got heavily hit? Easy, a little bit of field surgery and 30 sec later you are back in the fight.

Normally the raid should be over in these cases, at least you should not be able to fight anymore. If you are in a team, ok, they might drag you out(like it is shown in BSGs own Raid videos), but these mechanics don´t exist (yet).

Atm, the consequences of being hit in a firefight are way to poor and I think this will stay because otherwise the game will not be as successful as it is now.

so the people who play for PvP are Cod players? gotta love your kind of peoples logic. heres an idea, remove the ability to sprint, remove the ability to shoot your gun, lets just fight scavs cause thats so fun and makes for great game play. Maybe for you people that say players act like this is cod should go back to minecraft where its safe there

refizuhl
vor 25 Minuten schrieb Hamm:

so the people who play for PvP are Cod players? gotta love your kind of peoples logic. 

Did you misunderstood him intentionally? I guess he meant the way PVP is executed by some players, like sprinting and jumping during a fight, hip-firing with almost zero recoil, adadad-ing ( the problem isn't that you couldn't do it in RL, but you wouldn't have this momentum ). He also was adding, that the netcode / desync etc. aren't helping to deliver a "realistic" feeling.

brian_fn
42 minutes ago, refizuhl said:

Did you misunderstood him intentionally? I guess he meant the way PVP is executed by some players, like sprinting and jumping during a fight, hip-firing with almost zero recoil, adadad-ing ( the problem isn't that you couldn't do it in RL, but you wouldn't have this momentum ). He also was adding, that the netcode / desync etc. aren't helping to deliver a "realistic" feeling.

Exactly! 

1 hour ago, Hamm said:

so the people who play for PvP are Cod players? gotta love your kind of peoples logic. heres an idea, remove the ability to sprint, remove the ability to shoot your gun, lets just fight scavs cause thats so fun and makes for great game play. Maybe for you people that say players act like this is cod should go back to minecraft where its safe there

When you compare CoD as an example for a more likely arcade shooter and ARMA 3 as an approach for a hardcore simulation, where would EFT stand between these two? The game description says: "hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator", so I would rather see it on the ARMA 3 side, but it doesn´t feel like that. 

I love ARMA 3(+Dayz SA) and thought, that EFT might be something similar with Quests and smaller maps, but it seems like it doesn´t. Atm, the PvP part of EFT is just an unrealistic CoD clone.

Salted1337
8 minutes ago, brian_fn said:

ARMA 3 as an approach for a hardcore simulation

Evidently you have only played against AI. I got 2k hours in ArmA 3 only PvP and 3k hours in ArmA 2 mostly PvP. ArmA is not realistic or hardcore at all. It may seem like it but that's not the case when it comes to the PvP scene. Most of the time you're fighting against the clunky movement and being stuck in walls or dying to certain objects. Especially in ArmA 3. Crouch quick peeks, crouch spam, DPI glitching, lag switching, DPI long jumping, zigzaging with no punishment, massive peeker's advantage, shoulder quick peeks, 3rd person abuse, looking through walls with 3rd person, hip firing while in 3rd person and being accurate while strafing, autoclickers for semi autos, no fall damage exploit, phasing through walls and so much more. I wouldn't use ArmA as a benchmark for what is realistic or hardcore unless we're talking about unit ops.

Xeraphas
5 hours ago, FamouZPT said:

Scavs are ridiculous...They almost never fail the shots, with 1-2 shots they can kill lol..and 1 shot and my leg is 0% ...pfff ridiculous...nothing realistic from there

scavs also get stuck on things and stare at you and yell while doing nothing and also will stop in place a lot and be easy to hit so yeah they need accuracy and they are only usually accurate within like 20 meters 

refizuhl
vor 1 Stunde schrieb Xeraphas:

they are only usually accurate within like 20 meters 

Except for the TOZ-Scavs, they are deadly at any time and at any distance. 

Carro_Veloce

Asking for all of this, you might as well ask they remove the ability to walk with broken legs by applying Vicks Vapo rub on your face.

Or remove the energy and hydration mechanic. Or slow down the day night cycle. Or remove the leveling system. All in the name of realism. Change too many things and it won't be Tarkov anymore. 

GymTime
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Carro_Veloce said:

Asking for all of this, you might as well ask they remove the ability to walk with broken legs by applying Vicks Vapo rub on your face.

Or remove the energy and hydration mechanic. Or slow down the day night cycle. Or remove the leveling system. All in the name of realism. Change too many things and it won't be Tarkov anymore. 

That's a strawman's argument. I see it a lot when someone mentions a mechanic that they want to be more realistic and the response is "then lets make death permanent and if you die you have to uninstall the game" for example.

Not everything has to be 100% realistic, but personally I'd like to see some more realism involving the movement mechanics for one

Edited by GymTime

Mrdudez
On 7/15/2020 at 11:30 PM, BlooDxHound said:

Remove stimulants

Remove surgery kits

Let´s make this easier, we spawn already dead

ferguswag

Why should adrenaline be removed, what is unrealistic about adrenaline?

HotA_Chaos

The Sniping whilst moving and in the standing position is unrealistic. I think standing sniping should have a 40% penalty (or some amount), kneeling should have say 15% and prone zero, because as we all know prone is the better of the 3 firing positions.

Let's stop the ADADADA snipers, now that's unrealistic.

ALSO : maybe get rid of containers, the Alpha, Gammas etc. This would force everyone that collects a graphics card or  some juicy loot to play slower and more cautious. Its seems everyone loads up their containers with goodies and then runs and guns to extract.  If everyone just had there rig and backpack that would be interesting.

Anyways where does the secure container go on the body. If lot a dead body and go through his rig, pouches, backpack where has he hidden the container................ up his arse ???

Salted1337
31 minutes ago, HotA_Chaos said:

Its seems everyone loads up their containers with goodies and then runs and guns to extract.

That is because of the FiR changes. If what you suggested gets implemented, people would dip immediately if they got an item worth above 100k and that would just further provide a bigger incentive to sit in a bush or sit in corners or wait until the last minutes of the raid. People wouldn't PvP at all and people would be more scared than they are currently.

DatGreatKhan
Posted (edited)

Tarkov isn't a combat simulation.. and furthermore it's already quite realistic however you can't make a game "as realistic as possible" because every multiplayer in the history of FPS has had to balance out guns (in this case, ammo, armor, etc.) due to the nature of gameplay. If you wanted a realistic game, as realistic as possible, the game would be unfun and there would be a TERRIBLE balance of armor, ammo, and weapons. I'd rather have Tarkov like it is now, but more balanced instead of the game pushing to be as realistic as possible because that doesn't sound fun.

"Casual" audience...? My guy, Tarkov is already a punishing game. It's a VIDEO GAME, for fucks sake. Not a combat simulator for the Navy Seals. You are crying about the "casual" audience, because you probably get demolished in this game the way the PVP is right now. Aside from servers being garbage, bugs, cheaters, and minor issues with combat, I think the game is fine.

Tarkov is an FPS. People like FPS. CS:GO, COD, Rust, Fortnite, whatever you want. Every FPS has an aspect of gun play that is interesting. Tarkov is already unique in its way of combat (although similar to Rainbow Six Siege minus all the futuristic gadgets). From what I know Tarkov is best known for being punishing as an FPS, not being a realistic combat simulator.

As a final note, I feel like your post is really cringe and your suggestions are god awful. You seem like someone trying to gatekeep Escape from Tarkov, by saying poo like "dOnT LiSten To StReAmErS WhO PlAy X anD Y and Z" or "DoNT LiSteN to ThE CasUal AudIenCe". Lmao. 

Edited by DatGreatKhan
  • Like 1

Redangelguts
11 minutes ago, DatGreatKhan said:

because every multiplayer in the history of FPS has had to balance out guns (in this case, ammo, armor, etc.) due to the nature of gameplay

I love hearing this, you're so wrong...

Rising Storm, Red Orchestra, Squad, Project Reality

Highly populated, ACTUAL "hardcore realism" (AS ADVERTISED)

I don't care if a game is realistic or not, but if they SAY it's going to be realistic, they TAKE MY MONEY... they better make it realistic...

TacticalBazza
Posted (edited)

Stop trying to design games based on realism, you suck all the fun out of the game. This game is already poor in the fun:time department already, the movement is clunky, the gunplay is unsatisfying and almost entirely decided by who sees who first, movement is slow, etc. The core concept of the game as an MMOFPS with persistent characters/loot and providing players with varied PvE objectives in PvP areas is good but 'realism' obsessed autists like yourself think it's a good way to design the game when it just makes it unenjoyable.

This game would be 100x as fun if everyone had double the healthbars they currently do so the gunplay (currently the weakest, least enjoyable part of the game) was actually fun to partake in. At the moment because of how frail the player is, the best strategy a lot of the time is to sit in a bush and not even play the damn game, just wait for someone to walk into your field of view then kill them in 1 shot with no recourse. Unsatisfying for the killer, and obviously unsatisfying for the victim. 

Of course that won't happen because all you realism autists would cry about it though. But it would improve the actual gameplay a hundred fold.

Edited by TacticalBazza
  • Like 1