HHS-1 Sight - change the trigger(action).

OrLoko

I was playing around and notice something little odd, the HHS-1[1] felt wrong and I wasn't sure why at first...it has a fixed sight and a magnifier, the thing is, this particular scope don't work the way it should given by the experience from the others sights in the game. The action to toggle the magnifier in and out should be "Switch Scopes" and NOT "Change Scope Magnification" because you are actually toggling the magnifier on top of the sight, and you are not changing the magnification on the EXPS3 itself(hang in there, going to explain myself), also with this setup(or any other with sights mentioned here) there's no point of using a MPR45[2] adapter, because you already have the option to use 1x viewpoint.

Let's take the other scopes in to account, (HAMR, DR1/4xFDE and ADO P4)[3]  those works the way it should be, you use the action "Switch Scopes" to change your viewpoint from the "Riflescope/Sniperscope" to the iron sight/reflex mounted on top of it, and if you want to zoom in/out(if available) with the main scope you can, using the proper "Change Scope Magnification"

TL;DR: I suggest that the HHS-1 should have the action trigger(hotkey) swapped in the code, instead of using "Change Scope Magnification" to toggle the Magnifier attachment it should be "Switch Scopes", besides the name "Change Scope Magnification" seems right for the action performed, it's not.

Furthermore, if you want to have a magnifier attachment in the future that has multiple settings it would be possible to change those, e.g Let's says that the HHS-1 has the default Holo sight, but the Magnifier Glass has two different settings (3x and 5x), it would be possible to "Switch Scopes" if you want add the Magnifier on top of the holo sight and if you want to modify the magnification on it, it would also be possible now with the correct form of "Change Scope Magnification".

Images for reference:

1. image.png.40e4c39ffac675257e78c0ac837243af.png 
  2. image.png.35539cc4525aaa7d8626c313f29208da.png
  3. image.png.a2285a419cee1f7d20302ae263c17208.png

Billy I know what you are thinking... "Why don't you(OrLoko) invert the hotkeys in the controls?..." BECAUSE it would make the problem the other way around...!*(@&# 5head...

Edited by OrLoko
format, minor text change.

For me personally, they could change it, i just feel like it makes minimal difference. Well, it is kind of a minimal thing.

But i really wanted to comment on the item pictures, you have done an amazing job on these.

14 hours ago, SirBarnaby said:

For me personally, they could change it, i just feel like it makes minimal difference. Well, it is kind of a minimal thing.

But i really wanted to comment on the item pictures, you have done an amazing job on these.

It's indeed a minimal adjustment...
about the images, I think it's essential when talking about specific items in a game with so many, like Tarkov.

Thanks...

Edited by OrLoko