DroogKris

WTF?!

DroogKris

I can’t win a god damned gun fight in this game. What the hell is going on?  I’ve NEVER been bad at an FPS. What the duck am I doing wrong. 

there is only one way I can get a kill and that is by being a rat scum baby. I’m getting ducking sick and tired of it. 

if the answer is “you need better gear” then you need better lobbies.  I shouldn’t be in a game with someone i cannot win against under any circumstances.  

this poo is enraging. 

And why the duck can’t I ducking swear in an 18+ game forum. duck duck duck. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

oldschool15

You know if bsg is reading this their saying mission accomplished:)

• Like 2
  • Hot 1
  • Cold 1

ShiroAni

This game isn't meant to be a run and gun. Slow and methodical will usually win a gun fight. Try a different tactic if you're having difficulty. Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome will usually turn sour for you.

• Hot 1

Harvg123
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, DroogKris said:

if the answer is “you need better gear” then you need better lobbies

Then you Sir need a different game.

Edited by Harvg123

Zyfer
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ShiroAni said:

This game isn't meant to be a run and gun. Slow and methodical will usually win a gun fight.

This is untrue.

Edited by Zyfer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

ShiroAni
1 minute ago, Zyfer said:

This is untrue.

okay, so why do you think my statement is untrue?

FamouZPT
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, DroogKris said:

I can’t win a god damned gun fight in this game. What the hell is going on?  I’ve NEVER been bad at an FPS. What the duck am I doing wrong. 

there is only one way I can get a kill and that is by being a rat scum baby. I’m getting ducking sick and tired of it. 

if the answer is “you need better gear” then you need better lobbies.  I shouldn’t be in a game with someone i cannot win against under any circumstances.  

this poo is enraging. 

And why the duck can’t I ducking swear in an 18+ game forum. duck duck duck. 

I feel you man, here happens the same...i cant kill in this game...seems impossible to kill for me...ridiculous...

And matchamaking should be balanced per levels...low levels against high levels with high gear...just ridiculous and impossible play this way..

Edited by FamouZPT
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Zyfer
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ShiroAni said:

okay, so why do you think my statement is untrue?

okay, so because it is shown time and time again on fx twitch that it isnt so.

Edited by Zyfer
  • Sad 1

ShiroAni

471846193547444226.png.f763b472bccda36a04395b98afcaf931.png

Is that seriously your reason? 

LenzOA

"i just run around and try to 1v5 squads. but why do i lose? i m not changing my playstyle, i m not into that ratlife."

lol

• Hot 1

DroogKris
28 minutes ago, Harvg123 said:

Then you Sir need a different game.

Okay, then I need a realistic game where I’m not a PMC with the gun skills of a 12 year old girl.  In REALITY every single one of these “PMCs” would already have their skills maxed.  In reality there would be no issue with having to choose between the bullshit that is available to newbs in this game. If they are going to stray from that reality to make a game out of this concept then don’t duck it up by making it neither realistic nor fair.  They created a game where you CANNOT win aside from pure dumb luck until you are geared and leveled.  So new players have to farm luck, and luck alone. All for a false reality that only exists in a game. realistic is “very little skill gap” between characters. Because that’s what a war between armies of mercenaries would look like. And unless every PMC left behind in Tarkov hit their head and forgot how to be a warrior, you would be dealing with professional warfighters with professional warfighter skills, already in their most honed states possible. 

But I get it, there needs to be a “game” where you develop your character, that’s fun.  And I get it there needs to be occasions where you run into higher level, better geared players, that’s how you grow, and that’s fun. But there has to be limitations. It you are going to falsely limit my starting skills for game’s sake, then you should falsely limit the people I need to interact with, for game’s sake.  

This is a beautiful game. The concept is one I think we have all been begging for for a long time.  I think it’s being ruined by making it arbitrarily and unrealistically difficult for new players.  All the unlocking of the venders, all the gaining access to better gear, I understand. And I think those mechanics are plenty to draw distinction between low and high level players. And I think it’s way too grindy to get to a level where you can really play the game.  Maybe a low level player like me, getting killed by a player in his 50’s should get experience for being schooled by an experienced player.  It still makes the game unfun for having to deal with that as a new player, but at least having to deal with it progresses you towards not having to deal with it.  And frankly you as a player learn more from those experiences than you do from ambushing some fellow newb, or manipulating AI scavs.  

idk...I’m not a whiner by nature. I would normally be the first person to say “Shut the duck up” to someone bitching and moaning about this.  But I feel like there is a real imbalance that could be easily corrected, and seems to be intentionally in place, and I don’t think it adds to either the fun or realism that has to be delicately balanced in this game.  

DroogKris
53 minutes ago, Zyfer said:

This is untrue.

I agree that the game is intended to be played as you say, and I think for the casual modest player it is. But to these kids that can play 12 hours a day because they have no responsibilities, they figure out how to manipulate the mechanics.   I’m mostly killed by people that are W-A-S-D keys only. Bull rushing full senders that don’t bother themselves with the infinite postures, peaking and intricate movement mechanics. 

so, I’m not sure the game is actually as you describe. It is against scavs. But not players. Not in my limited experience. 

DroogKris
1 hour ago, oldschool15 said:

You know if bsg is reading this their saying mission accomplished:)

And if that’s their goal than kudos to them. Don’t buy stock in a company like that though.  Trolling the people that pay you is generally not a good business practice. But then again all you have to do is compare the Russian economy and place in the world, to the American economy and place in the world, to realize that trolling and bad business decisions is what Russian’s do best. 

So, you win this time comrades. You got me for the $50 + the x2 ($50) for the 2 copies I gifted, and the $95 for upgrading mine to EOD.   Hope it was worth it. 

Zyfer
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DroogKris said:

So, you win this time comrades. You got me for the $50 + the x2 ($50) for the 2 copies I gifted, and the $95 for upgrading mine to EOD.   Hope it was worth it. 

Oh trust me, they are going to regret this one way or the other.

I share your sentiment though, hope it was worth it...

59 minutes ago, ShiroAni said:

471846193547444226.png.f763b472bccda36a04395b98afcaf931.png

Is that seriously your reason? 

It's a better reason than your tip of becoming streamer food or just the normal run and gunner food.

In a realistic setting your tip would work, in tarkov it just wont pay off enough to be a viable way to play.

Edited by Zyfer
  • Sad 2

DroogKris
59 minutes ago, FamouZPT said:

I feel you man, here happens the same...i cant kill in this game...seems impossible to kill for me...ridiculous...

And matchamaking should be balanced per levels...low levels against high levels with high gear...just ridiculous and impossible play this way..

I think the solution is to matchmake so there is a max 10,15, 20 level gap, or whatever they decide is fair, should they choose this fix.  They could even have that gap be different per map. For instance, they could say “Customs” is a 10 lvl gap, and “Labs” has no gap.  Or whatever. 

the other solution, and the one that seems more true to what they want the game to feel like, is award experience for dying to a player that is outside of that level gap. So rather than exclude players from coming across each other, based on level, you just award a newb for getting killed by a player that is over that threshold and then curve it based on how much over that threshold.  Because in reality, getting completely owned by someone way better than you is often the best way to learn. And leveling up is mean to simulate learning. Sadly, gunfights are one of those rare occasions where you often to not get the chance to Learn from getting owned.   But that variance from reality seems less unrealistic than being a professional soldier for hire that has so much to learn. 

either way...something has to give. Or there will be no one playing when it goes live, and the concept will be falsely judged as a failure. 

• Like 1

DroogKris
56 minutes ago, LenzOA said:

"i just run around and try to 1v5 squads. but why do i lose? i m not changing my playstyle, i m not into that ratlife."

lol

I don’t think a game that doesn’t even have it’s own game coms in place should be requiring teaming up in order to grind out of newbiedom.  And “it’s in Beta” doesn’t fly when they are taking my full payment.  I get that there is Discord and others.  But where does that end?  Exactly what 3rd party software to add exactly what game mechanics that aren’t in the game, are moral and fair?   

“there’s no coms in game, so it’s fair to add your own”...?  

okay, well, there’s nothing in the game to help me see through walls, so is it fair for me to add my own?   No, of course not. NO 3rd party software should be required to play, nor allowed. 

LenzOA
2 minutes ago, DroogKris said:

I don’t think a game that doesn’t even have it’s own game coms in place should be requiring teaming up in order to grind out of newbiedom.  And “it’s in Beta” doesn’t fly when they are taking my full payment.  I get that there is Discord and others.  But where does that end?  Exactly what 3rd party software to add exactly what game mechanics that aren’t in the game, are moral and fair?   

“there’s no coms in game, so it’s fair to add your own”...?  

okay, well, there’s nothing in the game to help me see through walls, so is it fair for me to add my own?   No, of course not. NO 3rd party software should be required to play, nor allowed. 

my joke was about him having problems in pvp but also not understanding that the "rat style of playing tarkov" is the most effective way as a solo player to have success. sometimes even the only way to have some kind of success. its not about voicechat.

• Like 1

DroogKris
3 minutes ago, LenzOA said:

my joke was about him having problems in pvp but also not understanding that the "rat style of playing tarkov" is the most effective way as a solo player to have success. sometimes even the only way to have some kind of success. its not about voicechat.

Fair enough.  But I’m not getting anywhere being a rat either. Some geared up jack ass just turns and one taps me in the head while I’m reloading after emptying and entire mag into his head. 

LenzOA
6 minutes ago, DroogKris said:

Fair enough.  But I’m not getting anywhere being a rat either. Some geared up jack ass just turns and one taps me in the head while I’m reloading after emptying and entire mag into his head. 

go for cheap guns with good ammo. also 4x scopes work good. you can wipe a squad with not much skill but knowledge of the map and position. also suppressors are your friend.

DroogKris

Now I wait 5 god damned minutes to spawn into factory for a scav run only to be killed the very instant I spawn. I died before the graphic unfolded that shows my exits. 

this game is ducking straight up trash. Best concept ever. ducking trash execution. Nice work. 

release this fame as a single player game, offline mode, where you can’t control the PVE settings and you keep your gear, retool the venders so you can progress through the game that way.  Take the scum bag 12 year old human behavior out of it.  

at least then it will be fun and worth the money. This is just a disgusting Russian scam. 

• Sad 1

Wonster
1 hour ago, DroogKris said:

I’ve NEVER been bad at an FPS.

Yeah this is not the same as other FPS. Tarkov is not for emotive peoples if you don't learn from your deaths and rage every time then its not a game for you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DroogKris
2 minutes ago, LenzOA said:

go for cheap guns with good ammo. also 4x scopes work good. you can wipe a squad with not much skill but knowledge of the map and position. also suppressors are your friend.

I have lvl one venders available to me. There are no 4x scopes. There are no suppressors. I have 97 hours in and I’m level 7 and I’m lucky if I get to kill a scav before someone that can clearly see through walls kills me.  Or someone with head to toe armor like a ducking juggernaut decides it’s his playground.  I seriously lucky if I get 100 xp from a run through. 

LenzOA
Just now, DroogKris said:

I have lvl one venders available to me. There are no 4x scopes. There are no suppressors. I have 97 hours in and I’m level 7 and I’m lucky if I get to kill a scav before someone that can clearly see through walls kills me.  Or someone with head to toe armor like a ducking juggernaut decides it’s his playground.  I seriously lucky if I get 100 xp from a run through. 

push quests to lvl 10. then you are all set gear wise.  but yes, its hard for solo people on low lvl

DroogKris
1 minute ago, Wonster said:

Yeah this is not the same as other FPS. Tarkov is not for emotive peoples if you don't learn from your deaths and rage every time then its not a game for you.

No, it’s not the same. You are supposed to sneak and creep, crawl and peak.  I get it. But 99/100 times I’m killed by someone that moves like this is Warzone.  And I would love to learn from my deaths. Like for instance, I would love to learn how everyone seems to be able to see through walls.  I would live to learn how people can move like it’s CoD. Or...here’s a concept. I would love for what I learn as a human being playing the game To translate to progress in the game. In reality, you can’t win a gun fight with a geared player with lvl 1 vender gear. You can’t. So perhaps they should award experience to players when they are killed by players that are astronomically higher level than them.

DroogKris
5 minutes ago, LenzOA said:

push quests to lvl 10. then you are all set gear wise.  but yes, its hard for solo people on low lvl

I feel like even the second quests from Prapor and Therapist are beyond a less than 10 solo player. I’ve gotten the key to the truck, and even gotten the Pocket watch, but haven’t ever even come close to getting out with it. 

I can’t imagine being able to get close to dorms to “find the hidden water”.  Of course I can do it on offline mode no problem. But there isn’t a 5 man team of lvl 50’s that wants my TT Pistol and Bank Robber chest rig when I play offline. 

this would be the game of the century of it wasn’t online. 

• Like 1