DroogKris

WTF?!

skyflashde
Posted (edited)
vor 1 Stunde schrieb Rekonsile:

there will never be high level or low level maps this isnt the game for that lol

Dude, thats in the original concept.

The maps will be played in a certain order and you progress through the maps, and thus through the traders, that are on those maps.

So depending on which traders you commonly need at your level, you will be on specific maps a lot and on other maps less.

For example, high level players that want high level loot will probably want to play a lot on labs... and labs is accessed through certain maps and/or parts of maps. So guess where you will meet high level players?

So if BSG plays it smart, there will be a natural separation of high level and low level players, and from what I see in their concepts, thats what their plan is.

Edited by skyflashde

skyflashde
vor 1 Stunde schrieb Rekonsile:

in tarkov killing other players is how you survive? surviving is the goal of the game lol....

also you progress in the game after every kill and or shot that is fired and hits... you progress off every item you grab off a dead body or find in raid... 

Killing someone usually does exactly nothing. You dont need to kill anyone to survive, and engaging people is bad for your survival rate.

Completing quests obviously does give you a lot of progress, so if you got kill quests, yes, killing is good for you.

Otherwise you are much better off running the usual loot routes and trying to navigate around all enemy threats.

Every shot fired just costs you money. Healing costs you money. Grenades cost you money. And you very rarely make up for that money with the loot you get.

Lets take me for example... I am your nightmare.

I usually enter the raids with about 20K total equipment worth. And I am REALLY good at not dying. By the time you see me, I probably already have 200K in my secure stash. And killing me is not easy, cause I can run fast and I know the map pretty well.

Today for example, someone found me in the reserve bunker and tried to kill me.

It took him 4 grenades, 3 flashbangs and 2 magazines full of 995, which I guess is pretty expensive stuff.

I fired 4 magazines full of crap ammo that I found in that raid from some trash AK I also found in that raid. And a flashbang I found.

The good news (for him) is that he killed me in the end.

However, the loot he got from me was maybe 50K in total, and I lost exactly NOTHING, because all the gear I came into the raid with I replaced on the way.

I bet the cost for killing me was around 200K in ammo. And I probably killed his armor and he had to heal, which may be another 50-100K.

So what is the point?

SURVIVING is the goal... not senselessly attacking other players.

I didnt attack him. In fact, I gave him the chance to retreat and made a lot of noise so that he knows I am there. I just wanted to open the exit, loot some and be on my way. It was totally clear what my plan is and where I am going.

Well.. didnt work. He attacked, lost tons of money, didnt gain anything.

It saved me 10 mins walking to the exit, so I got one more raid in that day, so I probably made even more money this way.

Just. Stupid.

• Upvote 2

Rekonsile
5 hours ago, skyflashde said:

Dude, thats in the original concept.

The maps will be played in a certain order and you progress through the maps, and thus through the traders, that are on those maps.

So depending on which traders you commonly need at your level, you will be on specific maps a lot and on other maps less.

For example, high level players that want high level loot will probably want to play a lot on labs... and labs is accessed through certain maps and/or parts of maps. So guess where you will meet high level players?

So if BSG plays it smart, there will be a natural separation of high level and low level players, and from what I see in their concepts, thats what their plan is.

there will never be a seperation of levels for players... wtf are you even talking about?

4 hours ago, skyflashde said:

Killing someone usually does exactly nothing. You dont need to kill anyone to survive, and engaging people is bad for your survival rate.

Completing quests obviously does give you a lot of progress, so if you got kill quests, yes, killing is good for you.

Otherwise you are much better off running the usual loot routes and trying to navigate around all enemy threats.

Every shot fired just costs you money. Healing costs you money. Grenades cost you money. And you very rarely make up for that money with the loot you get.

Lets take me for example... I am your nightmare.

I usually enter the raids with about 20K total equipment worth. And I am REALLY good at not dying. By the time you see me, I probably already have 200K in my secure stash. And killing me is not easy, cause I can run fast and I know the map pretty well.

Today for example, someone found me in the reserve bunker and tried to kill me.

It took him 4 grenades, 3 flashbangs and 2 magazines full of 995, which I guess is pretty expensive stuff.

I fired 4 magazines full of crap ammo that I found in that raid from some trash AK I also found in that raid. And a flashbang I found.

The good news (for him) is that he killed me in the end.

However, the loot he got from me was maybe 50K in total, and I lost exactly NOTHING, because all the gear I came into the raid with I replaced on the way.

I bet the cost for killing me was around 200K in ammo. And I probably killed his armor and he had to heal, which may be another 50-100K.

So what is the point?

SURVIVING is the goal... not senselessly attacking other players.

I didnt attack him. In fact, I gave him the chance to retreat and made a lot of noise so that he knows I am there. I just wanted to open the exit, loot some and be on my way. It was totally clear what my plan is and where I am going.

Well.. didnt work. He attacked, lost tons of money, didnt gain anything.

It saved me 10 mins walking to the exit, so I got one more raid in that day, so I probably made even more money this way.

Just. Stupid.

you dont make poo for money in this game coming in with nothing... trust me brother you are doing it wrong lmao

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

skyflashde
vor 10 Minuten schrieb Rekonsile:

there will never be a seperation of levels for players... wtf are you even talking about?

you dont make poo for money in this game coming in with nothing... trust me brother you are doing it wrong lmao

There will be separation of players by map progress. Gee dont tell me you didnt realize that?

LOL.. you saw the screenshot... I am making millions, doesnt matter if i use hatchet or pistol. I could bring an AK, but what for? I usually find a weapon in the raid, I dont need to bring one.

ReserveLoot.thumb.png.64c2952c5f49261c5e5d145f226b9017.png

z_Omni_z

All I can say is don't get discouraged by the difficulty! Everyone has been where you're at. Everyone learns at different rates. Myself for example, I'm old, so it took me a good 1,000 hours in this game to be decent lol. :)

It sounds like you need to decide whether the amount of effort and time required to excel at the game are going to be something you're willing to invest. Take an objective look at your play style and what you're willing (or unwilling) to change and cut your losses if you're not willing to commit to learning one of the most difficult games available. 

Most of all, stay positive and try not to get frustrated with yourself. It's a game after all, and while being good at it is part of the fun, getting there can be the biggest reward.

• Like 2

Rekonsile
5 hours ago, skyflashde said:

There will be separation of players by map progress. Gee dont tell me you didnt realize that?

LOL.. you saw the screenshot... I am making millions, doesnt matter if i use hatchet or pistol. I could bring an AK, but what for? I usually find a weapon in the raid, I dont need to bring one.

ReserveLoot.thumb.png.64c2952c5f49261c5e5d145f226b9017.png

lmao... 1 raid in how many deaths? would love to see your survial rate with only hatchet running.... Here is a real screen shot for you... fully kitted every raid and i make 500k minimum a raid and upwards to 2 mill plus... you run and cower while i can fight my way to loot?

all mighty rat what is your survival rate? 

2020-07-18[22-09] (0).png

2020-07-18[22-09] (1).png

skyflashde
Posted (edited)
vor 9 Stunden schrieb Rekonsile:

all mighty rat what is your survival rate?

On which map and in what kind of raid?

Its vastly different.

In fun raids with a squad about 30%.

In fun raids solo maybe 50%.

In loot raids on Reserve above 70%.

In loot raids on Shoreline resort maybe 10-20%.

In loot raids on Custom dorms maybe 10-20%.

In factory about 20% as well.

But why do you care? Survival rate is completely meaningless if you have all the fat loot in your secure.

Also may I add... income per raid is not an interesting metric. In the time you make 1 raid I make 5. So I earn a lot more money per hour than you do.

And you are playing Tarkov in easy mode... fully geared, skills up and high level. Not really impressive.

Edited by skyflashde
  • Sad 1

Rekonsile
2 hours ago, skyflashde said:

On which map and in what kind of raid?

Its vastly different.

In fun raids with a squad about 30%.

In fun raids solo maybe 50%.

In loot raids on Reserve above 70%.

In loot raids on Shoreline resort maybe 10-20%.

In loot raids on Custom dorms maybe 10-20%.

In factory about 20% as well.

But why do you care? Survival rate is completely meaningless if you have all the fat loot in your secure.

Also may I add... income per raid is not an interesting metric. In the time you make 1 raid I make 5. So I earn a lot more money per hour than you do.

And you are playing Tarkov in easy mode... fully geared, skills up and high level. Not really impressive.

survival rate is exactly what it is,  you cant pretend your survival rate is anything other than what is says... you can make upwards to 2 mill on every map geared....

running 5 raids and dying in all of them doesnt mean you make more money.... it means you make a lot less.... For a person who claims they want realism you cry an awful lot about geared players having an easy mode, yet you are not playing to survive because you arent  wearing any gear... survival rating means nothing to you because you saw some streamer showing you how to hachet run and think thats how money is made in the game kudos on still not understanding how to play 6 months later.... 

skyflashde
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Rekonsile:

survival rate is exactly what it is,  you cant pretend your survival rate is anything other than what is says... you can make upwards to 2 mill on every map geared....

running 5 raids and dying in all of them doesnt mean you make more money.... it means you make a lot less.... For a person who claims they want realism you cry an awful lot about geared players having an easy mode, yet you are not playing to survive because you arent  wearing any gear... survival rating means nothing to you because you saw some streamer showing you how to hachet run and think thats how money is made in the game kudos on still not understanding how to play 6 months later.... 

Yes, you can make 2 million+ on any map. But you dont. And it doesnt matter if you are geared or not.

Running 5 raids and dying in them makes me between 500K-1.5 million rubels.

If I dont die in a raid, the only difference is the value of my backpack and rig content, and thats usually 50K-100K worth. So it doesnt really matter money wise, the content of the stuff I lose on death is mostly worthless, unless I have a top run like in that screenshot.

In any case, it doesnt make ANY sense to bring equipment with the worth of 200K+ into the raid to have a higher chance of survival with a net gain of 100K max.

I could prove mathematically to you that it doesnt make ANY sense to bring gear into a loot reserve run if you are looking for money.

I am not wearing any armor because

a) game theory tells me it doesnt economically make sense

b) I want a hardcore survival game, which it is not if I run around like a tank.

I also for the same reason as b) dont bring a CMS nor survival kit, ever. Because thats not the game I want to play.

So even if I do my fun squad runs, where I am "fully" geared, you will never see me wearing any armor and I will never have any unrealistic items with me (that includes thermals).

Rekonsile
4 hours ago, skyflashde said:

Yes, you can make 2 million+ on any map. But you dont. And it doesnt matter if you are geared or not.

Running 5 raids and dying in them makes me between 500K-1.5 million rubels.

If I dont die in a raid, the only difference is the value of my backpack and rig content, and thats usually 50K-100K worth. So it doesnt really matter money wise, the content of the stuff I lose on death is mostly worthless, unless I have a top run like in that screenshot.

In any case, it doesnt make ANY sense to bring equipment with the worth of 200K+ into the raid to have a higher chance of survival with a net gain of 100K max.

I could prove mathematically to you that it doesnt make ANY sense to bring gear into a loot reserve run if you are looking for money.

I am not wearing any armor because

a) game theory tells me it doesnt economically make sense

b) I want a hardcore survival game, which it is not if I run around like a tank.

I also for the same reason as b) dont bring a CMS nor survival kit, ever. Because thats not the game I want to play.

So even if I do my fun squad runs, where I am "fully" geared, you will never see me wearing any armor and I will never have any unrealistic items with me (that includes thermals).

ive made over 10 mill today running fully kitted what have you made? first time i died in 11 raids also getting loads of gear back from insurance... so im netting close to 14 mill today... what about yourself?

skyflashde
vor 4 Minuten schrieb Rekonsile:

ive made over 10 mill today running fully kitted what have you made? first time i died in 11 raids also getting loads of gear back from insurance... so im netting close to 14 mill today... what about yourself?

I did 1 raid today, played a Scav in Factory.

Died to a team of full geared dudes in the bathroom.

Rekonsile

I did 1 raid today, played a Scav in Factory.

Died to a team of full geared dudes in the bathroom.

sounds so fun.. but in all seriousness you would have made what 55 million today hatchet running ? 

Harvg123
9 hours ago, Rekonsile said:

Dude so what you made 10 mil today.. to do what with it?!  Youre level 55 you shouldnt be doing money runs 🤔

BrettB

You will bro. You will get there, they do warn new users about the learning curve, and that does not mean learning to use LALT and another button at the same time.

Its brutal and insanely fun. Remember is it just a game. You will get better at it. The game will get better. Its pretend money. You will get better.

• Like 1

DroogKris
On 7/18/2020 at 10:02 AM, spanna said:

As an ex marine and cop. I would have expected the OP to have won many firefights hiding behind cover, peeking and stalking your prey would have been easy?! .. hey ho

I was commenting on the feel of the gun play.  Of course tactics is another story.  I was talking about how i get rushed from other players because the mechanics of sneaking and peaking.  There still seems to be a dynamic of rushing in a video game countering the clunky feel of sneak and peak with K&M controls.  And in that context of gun fighting in a video game, this one feels very awkward.  

Since making this post I'm convinced that what I'm feeling is the "ergonomics" of low level weapons.  I have since looted a high lvl chad's gear (didn't get the kill myself) and his weapons felt much nicer in an offline raid.   I think the difference between poorly ergonomic weapon and a well ergonomic weapon is exaggerated in this game and it's that which I am feeling.  IDK...maybe I'm wrong. 

But yeah.  you are right, The way I am playing is not the way I would really move in combat.  And that's due to the fact that peaking around a corner in reality is much less complicated than peaking around a corner in this game.  Perhaps that will change as I develop the muscle memory for it.  But right now, while I'm trying to position myself to get a nice peak on someone, they just push around the corner, like every other FPS...pushers win...except I don't seem able to play this game that way.  

IDK, man.  It feels like a dream.  The solutions to my problems seem so clear, but when it comes time to do it I can't move the way i want to. 

DroogKris
On 7/18/2020 at 4:57 PM, z_Omni_z said:

All I can say is don't get discouraged by the difficulty! Everyone has been where you're at. Everyone learns at different rates. Myself for example, I'm old, so it took me a good 1,000 hours in this game to be decent lol. :)

It sounds like you need to decide whether the amount of effort and time required to excel at the game are going to be something you're willing to invest. Take an objective look at your play style and what you're willing (or unwilling) to change and cut your losses if you're not willing to commit to learning one of the most difficult games available. 

Most of all, stay positive and try not to get frustrated with yourself. It's a game after all, and while being good at it is part of the fun, getting there can be the biggest reward.

Thanks man.  I think you are right.  I'm also old.  And like most old people I have a limited amount of time to play, so when I do and it doesn't go well it's like I wasted my little free time.  But That's not the way I should be looking at it.  Anything worth spending your free time on would take learning.  Computers and video games tend to want to bend that learning curve to get the user to the fun as fast as possible.  The side effect of that is you get the user past the fun as fast as possible too.  If someone wanted to play learn to play the guitar, even playing diligently for a few hours a day would take years to really be at all proficient, and you would never stop noticing your own improvement.  In the video game world, that effort is generally subverted as much as possible.  This game has the unique feel of a game that is not interested in users that want to play it, experience it, and move on the next playable experience.  Reminds me of Everquest when it first came out.   In the few days since I had this impulsive outburst, I've learned and figured out so much.  And I already have a far more positive outlook.   

• Like 1

AlphaPhiAlpha
Posted (edited)

I seriously don’t want to start a bitchfight, but for me this game has been designed to survive raids. That’s your ultimate goal, maybe while questing (depending on preference). It doesn’t matter if you survive by being going all Chad mode or by being a rat. What I don’t get is people going in every right not bothering to die cause all they want it grab lot and stuff it up their butthole and then die. I don’t know, but for me that’s just not the concept of the game. Your supposed to survive. I wouldn’t mind this game to change secure containers to only hold stuff you brought into the raid (i.e mags, cases, ammo, heal, etc.). Cause then people would finally try to survive as well. For me FiR changes were a big step in the right direction. 

Calculating the items worth in your secure against the loadout you bring just shouldn’t be working in this game. If you die in a raid, you shouldnt be able to take out anything cause your dead. This way people would be forced to survive, the main aspect of this game.

Edited by AlphaPhiAlpha
  • Hot 1

Rekonsile
7 hours ago, Harvg123 said:

Dude so what you made 10 mil today.. to do what with it?!  Youre level 55 you shouldnt be doing money runs 🤔

every run in tarkov is a money run...

Na0cho

Funny thing about this game, I am 41 years old and worked construction most of my life. My hands are potato level at best. I cannot think of another fps besides gimmicky poo like overwatch where I can compete at high levels with these kids. 

I’m forever stuck in gold/plat. 

In this game I clap cheeks harder than a pissed off mommy. 

and that whole, “ I am new I can’t compete with these guys who are maxed” is literal bullshit. 

buy an Sks and some ps rounds or a mosin with lps gzh and aim for faces. Ez clap. 

There’s this misconception of people dying to players and they think in their head, “ that dude had level 16 armor with an impenetrable face shield that would stop tank shells!”

Almost as comical as the, “ I got shot from nowhere” comments.  Oh you got shot from somewhere, you just weren’t knowledgeable about the map enough to check obvious spots.

I rarely run into people max geared and when I do I get hella excited for all that fat loot I’m gonna get. 

this game takes effort, practice, and the will to admit you aren’t as hot poo as you think you are.

I still get better every time I play, or rather learn more and make better decisions.

when you die ask yourself what YOU could have done different.  Don’t blame the other guy or his gear.

• Like 3
  • Hot 2

z_Omni_z
4 hours ago, DroogKris said:

Thanks man.  I think you are right.  I'm also old.  And like most old people I have a limited amount of time to play, so when I do and it doesn't go well it's like I wasted my little free time.  But That's not the way I should be looking at it.  Anything worth spending your free time on would take learning.  Computers and video games tend to want to bend that learning curve to get the user to the fun as fast as possible.  The side effect of that is you get the user past the fun as fast as possible too.  If someone wanted to play learn to play the guitar, even playing diligently for a few hours a day would take years to really be at all proficient, and you would never stop noticing your own improvement.  In the video game world, that effort is generally subverted as much as possible.  This game has the unique feel of a game that is not interested in users that want to play it, experience it, and move on the next playable experience.  Reminds me of Everquest when it first came out.   In the few days since I had this impulsive outburst, I've learned and figured out so much.  And I already have a far more positive outlook.   

Ahhhh those were the days weren't they?! Was such a fun game pre-PoW lol
Hit me up on twitch or send me a DM maybe I can help you get some missions done sometime.

skyflashde
vor 18 Stunden schrieb Rekonsile:

sounds so fun.. but in all seriousness you would have made what 55 million today hatchet running ? 

If I would care to play 8 hours loot runs a day like some low lifes out there, then I would make between 8-12 million a day on average just doing hatchling runs.

But net gain.

Not like your 10 million that you think you are gaining because of your lack of math skills. You dont even understand what average means and how to subtract the costs of the ammo you are shooting.

Now the big question is...

WHY would anyone play Tarkov 8 hours a day and WHY on earth should anyone care to farm 10 million rubels a day instead of just... you know... having fun in the game with friends?

I am doing a few loot runs and then fun raids... but not every day. The few loot runs make me so much money that I can buy whatever I want for the fun raids. Thats the whole point of doing them.

But in fact, this wipe is more or less through for me.

This game only is really fun between level 15-30. Before 15 it plain sucks ass, and after 30 its boring like duck. I am level 32 now and my hideout is complete, the quests suck ass anyway... so thats it for me pretty much.

I am waiting for the next wipe.

So.. not sure what you do there, I can only guess you dont have anything to eat if you dont play Tarkov so you are forced to play every day.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

DukeLander
Posted (edited)

Sky, thank you... Thank you and thank you again.

Finally normal man here...

Maybe there is some hope for this forum...

Edited by DukeLander

Rekonsile

If I would care to play 8 hours loot runs a day like some low lifes out there, then I would make between 8-12 million a day on average just doing hatchling runs.

But net gain.

Not like your 10 million that you think you are gaining because of your lack of math skills. You dont even understand what average means and how to subtract the costs of the ammo you are shooting.

Now the big question is...

WHY would anyone play Tarkov 8 hours a day and WHY on earth should anyone care to farm 10 million rubels a day instead of just... you know... having fun in the game with friends?

I am doing a few loot runs and then fun raids... but not every day. The few loot runs make me so much money that I can buy whatever I want for the fun raids. Thats the whole point of doing them.

But in fact, this wipe is more or less through for me.

This game only is really fun between level 15-30. Before 15 it plain sucks ass, and after 30 its boring like duck. I am level 32 now and my hideout is complete, the quests suck ass anyway... so thats it for me pretty much.

I am waiting for the next wipe.

So.. not sure what you do there, I can only guess you dont have anything to eat if you dont play Tarkov so you are forced to play every day.

why would anyone care to play as a hatchling in a game where you want to pvp and gain loot not cower and fear in a corner everytime you hear something... 

Im definitely not force to play tarkov lol... i live a very good life and dont have to worry about bills hence the reason i can/want to play Tarkov

you only say the game is fun between 15-30 because you have never made it to the endgame... you are to worried about pretending to make loot as a hatchling to actually enjoy the game... 

6 hours ago, Na0cho said:

Funny thing about this game, I am 41 years old and worked construction most of my life. My hands are potato level at best. I cannot think of another fps besides gimmicky poo like overwatch where I can compete at high levels with these kids. 

I’m forever stuck in gold/plat. 

In this game I clap cheeks harder than a pissed off mommy. 

and that whole, “ I am new I can’t compete with these guys who are maxed” is literal bullshit. 

buy an Sks and some ps rounds or a mosin with lps gzh and aim for faces. Ez clap. 

There’s this misconception of people dying to players and they think in their head, “ that dude had level 16 armor with an impenetrable face shield that would stop tank shells!”

Almost as comical as the, “ I got shot from nowhere” comments.  Oh you got shot from somewhere, you just weren’t knowledgeable about the map enough to check obvious spots.

I rarely run into people max geared and when I do I get hella excited for all that fat loot I’m gonna get. 

this game takes effort, practice, and the will to admit you aren’t as hot poo as you think you are.

I still get better every time I play, or rather learn more and make better decisions.

when you die ask yourself what YOU could have done different.  Don’t blame the other guy or his gear.

Exactly brother! 

• Upvote 1

BESK
On 7/16/2020 at 2:31 PM, ShiroAni said:

This game isn't meant to be a run and gun. Slow and methodical will usually win a gun fight. Try a different tactic if you're having difficulty. Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome will usually turn sour for you.

Tell that to the most popular streamers then. R&G seems to be working for most of them. Combine this with netcode, desync, stutters, players with diversity in latency and bad luck.

skyflashde
vor 10 Stunden schrieb Rekonsile:

why would anyone care to play as a hatchling in a game where you want to pvp and gain loot not cower and fear in a corner everytime you hear something... 

you only say the game is fun between 15-30 because you have never made it to the endgame... you are to worried about pretending to make loot as a hatchling to actually enjoy the game...

I dont play this game for PvP. I dont even like the PvP in this game. I play for entirely different reasons.

This game has no endgame. After your hideout is complete and you have a comfortable stash of like 10 million rubels the game is beaten and there is no point in playing anymore. There is only mindless grinding of useless quests left, which I wont do cause I actually got a life and better games to play.

The reason I dont get much higher than level 30 is because further levelling in the game isnt any fun after that. Whats even the point?

No clue what your last sentence means "worried about pretending"? Hu?

I play hatchling runs because "zero to hero" is the most fun gameplay that exists after level 30. We also do squad hatchling runs, which are a lot of fun as well. That it makes millions of rubels is just an addon.

I am not really motivated at all to do any "normal" raids unless I am helping friends to level to level 30. And when I do those, I am just running through the map killing stuff. So I am not even seriously looting, really. Just taking stuff I can immediately use.

I dont like easy mode raids like you are doing the whole day.