BlooDxHound

Helmets/faceshields are unrealistic

BlooDxHound

Tarkov devs said they want to make armor as realistic as possible yet ops core face shields which are rated to stop handgun rounds can stop 3 rounds of 7.62x39 STEEL CORE.

• Upvote 1

skyflashde
vor 9 Minuten schrieb BlooDxHound:

Tarkov devs said they want to make armor as realistic as possible yet ops core face shields which are rated to stop handgun rounds can stop 3 rounds of 7.62x39 STEEL CORE.

Yes everyone knows that.

Its because otherwise none of these items would make any sense in game.

Actually, they still dont make any sense, but at least they give an illusion of usefulness.

ferguswag

It is a game first and a realism simulator second. All games need balance, variety in items, etc. Otherwise the game would not be interesting or rewarding to invest time in. The devs rightfully have taken some creative liberties in exaggerating the abilities of certain items, but not to the detriment of the game experience. It is a good thing.

• Upvote 2

S5_Mr_Wiggle
8 hours ago, skyflashde said:

Yes everyone knows that.

Its because otherwise none of these items would make any sense in game.

Actually, they still dont make any sense, but at least they give an illusion of usefulness.

stops you from getting bushed ewocked

tobiassolem

Nikita and the developers are well aware of the fact that bullets cannot be stopped by the majority of the in-game helmets. But they've added tons of helmets still, and for them not to be completely useless in the game, they made them the way they are.

This is not likely to change, but a part of BSG's effort to make the game as "realistic as playable".

• Like 2
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

Zolty47
vor einer Stunde schrieb tobiassolem:

Nikita and the developers are well aware of the fact that bullets cannot be stopped by the majority of the in-game helmets. But they've added tons of helmets still, and for them not to be completely useless in the game, they made them the way they are.

This is not likely to change, but a part of BSG's effort to make the game as "realistic as playable".

"Realistic as playable" sounds fine, but it depends of course on Nikitas view point what is still playable and what is not.

But here counts the saying "Too many cooks in the kitchen will ruin the meal". I guess we should trust Nikitas intuition there, but arguments should still be heard and considered.

I for my part would like an 9x18mm ammo that has a bit more armour piercing, just like the 9x19mm addition for Patch 12.7. I know there is already all ammo versions of 9x18mm in the game. But for .366 they are willing to add an fantasy version, so why not for 9x18mm?

PardTheTroll

If people wouldn't go for the head 99% of the time and it would be not so easy to hit such target, then and only then, I would agree with your rant. 

Raxxman
51 minutes ago, PardTheTroll said:

If people wouldn't go for the head 99% of the time and it would be not so easy to hit such target, then and only then, I would agree with your rant. 

And that's the problem.

Hamm

OP needs to stop making threads.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1

Rekonsile
5 hours ago, Zolty47 said:

"Realistic as playable" sounds fine, but it depends of course on Nikitas view point what is still playable and what is not.

But here counts the saying "Too many cooks in the kitchen will ruin the meal". I guess we should trust Nikitas intuition there, but arguments should still be heard and considered.

I for my part would like an 9x18mm ammo that has a bit more armour piercing, just like the 9x19mm addition for Patch 12.7. I know there is already all ammo versions of 9x18mm in the game. But for .366 they are willing to add an fantasy version, so why not for 9x18mm?

ap.63 takes 2 rounds to to pen if you arent hitting at an angle on level 4helmets and 1 to 2 rounds on most faceshields 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/659481480

z_Omni_z

I don't find face shields particularly useful except to keep scav fodder from 1 shotting you in the eyeballs. Against any player who is actually a threat they're ineffective at best, and a hindrance at worst due to visibility issues. 

• Like 1

beddamischia

What is the point of a real life helmet if it can only stop handgun shots? Apart from law enforcement confronting little criminals.. else shots fired are normally those of assault rifles, why bother wearing an helmet at war then?

TheHappyMile
Posted (edited)
vor 14 Minuten schrieb beddamischia:

What is the point of a real life helmet if it can only stop handgun shots? Apart from law enforcement confronting little criminals.. else shots fired are normally those of assault rifles, why bother wearing an helmet at war then?

shrapnel, ricochet - lot's of things that can easily hurt you. 

it should also help with hitting your head against a wall/ ceiling/ ...

vor 22 Stunden schrieb PardTheTroll:

I mean that's the problem of all of this, right? it's way too easy to hit a headshot out of "nowhere". in other more realistic games, the whole gunplay is different. When playing squad - I'd never try to headshot after sprinting through the forest. When I'm laying down somewhere, having time to aim - yes. Otherwise - bodyshots. 

Edited by TheHappyMile
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1