Backpack Stacking Idea

TheSzeckler

TheSzeckler

In real life situations you can FOLD a backpack and place it in another backpack, SO why not make an option for ALL backpacks to be FOLDABLE.

Folded backpacks should be able to hold some types of items that are flat and don't take up much 3 dimensional space like all the textiles, Keys, Money, basically  all smaller 1 slot items .... etc.

For example lets take the basic Scav Backpack/Berkut Backpack which are 4x5, once folded the backpack should turn into two sepparate compartments of size 2x2 each, NOW we have the grid system, [see attached picture] the two 2x2 spaces in the backpack should have another color indicating the available space after Folded, placing items in these slots will stay in the backpack once folded, You should only be able to access the items placed on the upper part of the backpack, the bottom part should only be accessible if you unfold the backpack, you should be able to unfold the backpack while removed from the main Backpack that it is inside of like in real life.

EDIT: Once Folded the 4x5 sized backapcks should take up 4x4 space !

Pretty straight forward and simple, i have never seen a backpack inside a backpack that is the same size and has the same available space, stacking backpacks would result in loosing space, ofcourse to make it mo game like you can increase the 2x2 areas to 2x3 or 2x4.... but irl you would loose space.

Just an idea i was thinking about today.

See attached picture:

589442392_BackpackIssue1.png.6640d4d3eb95f796ccb035a5b19ac265.png

Edited by TheSzeckler
Important detail
SirBarnaby

I might be wrong, but you could fold tactical rigs in the very early state of the game. Presumably removed because it was "useless". They might have just been right, i mean, in what situation would you fold a backpack? Keeping it unfolded gives you access to the whole backpack in the current state.

My proposition: in order to store a backpack in your current backpack, it would have to be folded. As for tactical rigs, i dont even know.

TheSzeckler
On 7/20/2020 at 2:42 AM, SirBarnaby said:

My proposition: in order to store a backpack in your current backpack, it would have to be folded. As for tactical rigs, i dont even know.

Exactly what i meant, by folding a backpack in real life you can store them in the main backpack you will carry right ? I also explained how in real life you have access to the top part of the backpack and no access to the bottom part since it's folded.

SirBarnaby
3 hours ago, TheSzeckler said:

Exactly what i meant, by folding a backpack in real life you can store them in the main backpack you will carry right ? I also explained how in real life you have access to the top part of the backpack and no access to the bottom part since it's folded.

Maybe if they only allowed the top row to have loot in it? Or if only the top row was allowed to have loot, but only in 1x1 pockets?

TheSzeckler
8 hours ago, SirBarnaby said:

Maybe if they only allowed the top row to have loot in it? Or if only the top row was allowed to have loot, but only in 1x1 pockets?

Yeah it really depends on the size of the backpack you carry the said folded backpack, how much space does the backpack take up when folded