F0STY

Is the game even enjoyable with all these hackers I'm hearing about?

F0STY

I was about to get Tarkov the other day but I've been hearing about hackers infesting the game. Should I wait until they sort this out?

RemedySeven

The number of hackers is exaggerated. So many people would like to assume they died to a hacker instead of admitting they got out played. And when they spread claims of hackers it also puts others into that same mindset.. who also then cry hacker everytime they die.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 2

behi09ma
2 minutes ago, F0STY said:

I was about to get Tarkov the other day but I've been hearing about hackers infesting the game. Should I wait until they sort this out?

do not get in a game if you have got a mentality that in some aspect the game will fail you. in your case, you will suffer in every raid cause you think the game has so many cheaters, and every death for you will mean a cheater killed you (now most of the people think this way and this is their excuse for their death). i don't know how much you know this game but you will die so much from nowhere in open areas (cause you will not see the enemy or hear their shots if they have distance and using suppresed guns mot of the time) even after you get better in this game you will die to these situations, but it will happen less if you learn from your mistakes and do not make excuse for your death. yeah there are cheaters in this game like the other online games out there, but if you ask me, people exaggerate it most of the times because of their lack of knowledge and the mentality that there are so many cheaters out there and everyone use cheats! maybe if there was a kill cam, people would not think this way, but since there is not yet, it is hard to tell how you die, except you see the shooter.

i'm telling this cause there were some raids that people called me cheater, cause they couldn't see me while i was shooting them from more than 250m away from them. i like reserve map for sniping people.

this is my experience on EU servers, i can not tell the same about other servers cause have not played on those, and i'm in the same situation like you about other servers. people on the forums say that there is so many cheaters on australia and asia servers, but can not say anything about that. thanks to ping limit, not many asian players can play on other servers, so don't worry about them.

this wipe i have seen 3 cheaters (that i can say: yeah he is cheate.) in 400 raids

Slander
1 hour ago, F0STY said:

In the 80 raids I have played, I have encountered 4 ppl I'm fairly sure was cheaters. So there are cheaters, but havent been so common for me as they sound while browsing the forums. Maybe I'm lucky with my raids? 

But for the times I have encountered a cheater it does ruin the game for the rest of the day. I usually just go to another game after encountering a guy that just rushes your position and throws a perfect nade at your feet even that I haven't made a sound in 5 min. 
Or after encountering a guy that tries to shoot me trough rocks with a sniper from far far away. Always knowing my postion.

Maki_Nishikino

Stay off of Labs and you should be fine for the most part. It seems pretty few and far between on other maps.

BlooDxHound
2 hours ago, F0STY said:

On EU servers there are a lot of cheaters if you take in good gear, a lot of people use radar since its hard to detect and will run to your location or wait till you leave a building then shoot you in the back. The number of cheaters is not exaggerated. A lot of people who say there isn't cheaters are either extremely lucky or just cannot tell a legit death from a death by cheats. 

• Like 4

oldschool15
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RemedySeven said:

The number of hackers is exaggerated. So many people would like to assume they died to a hacker instead of admitting they got out played. And when they spread claims of hackers it also puts others into that same mindset.. who also then cry hacker everytime they die.

^

this game has been out for a while, there are alot of great players. your goin to get S*** on for a while no matter your fps skill

Edited by oldschool15

HijackDallas

I got killed 2 times by cheaters and 1 time by a Interchange rooftop glitcher, back in 0.8.

So, I don´t think, i´ve ever meet someone after this. But i´ve never said, ther no cheater.

well, once. A speeder on Costums but he runs away.

tobiassolem

If you ask some people, there are hackers in 80% of the raids.

If you ask others, there are almost no hackers (except on The Lab).

People's impressions and perception varies. The region you play in makes some difference.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Tekniq_1
Posted (edited)

I would say there is Maybe 1 hacker every 20 raids...  At least on EU Servers.

And by no means should stop you from playing. Its really Not that Bad. You will die from other sources much more often. 

Why All the discussions then?  Maybe because we like to think about Problem solving. 

Edited by Tekniq_1

refizuhl

@F0STY the amount of cheaters ( real ones and assumed ones ) depends on your server and the map you play. Labs and Reserve have best loot / many spawns for good loot and therefore more cheaters ( compared to other maps ). More loot -> more ingame-money -> more real money ( due to RTM ). 
But the opinion or experience of one or two people shouldn't affect your choice regarding tarkov. Some have luck and rarely encounter a cheater, others claim to meet cheaters in every raid. 
My own experience: I avoid Labs ( i like the map, but there isn't anything i can't get from other maps aswell ) and rarely play on reserve and I saw 10-20 cheating ( or at least rather suspicious playing ) players in 450 raids this wipe. 

matosch83

Last potcast from BSG they said they banned 80000 accounts in the last month alone. So yeah this game has an cheater problem, dont forget they banned only those they could find. There are a lot of privat cheats that are not easily to detect and a lot of cheaters that only use cheats sometimes or try to play as if they dont use them.

But still the game is fun and there are days where you have a really nice fights or many kills because either they had a ban wave or you got lucky.

• Like 1

DukeLander
6 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

If you ask some people, there are hackers in 80% of the raids.

If you ask others, there are almost no hackers (except on The Lab).

People's impressions and perception varies. The region you play in makes some difference.

But nummbers do not lie... ( Check latest Pestily dev's)

• Like 1

chrisragnar
Posted (edited)

I'm enjoying it. If the money is trivial for you then just try it, won't matter much if you only play a few hours.

If the money is not trivial, maby wait and see what the finished product looks like. The game you like today may be very different in a year.

Edited by chrisragnar

SonicK

vor 9 Stunden schrieb F0STY:

so i would tell you buy it. you can buy the cheapest version and upgrade later.
I've been playing this since march 2016 and the experiences I made with hackers can be estimated at a number of maybe 15-25 cases and I've already done thousands of raids.

that is my personal experience.
most hackers are on the map labs.
I rarely play this map

BanditMaka

Took a new player labs last night, 1 minute 5 seconds in a naked guy with an m4, screeches around the corner and domes us all.
We'd already told him, look this might happen, it's hit and miss on labs. If it does, don't get salty, let it go.
So when it happened we just burst out laughing. Recorded it an moved on.

Because honestly, even on labs. Which these days is where the vast majority of cheaters are (they got money to make RMTing to do) you are still only bumping in to hackers 1/4 games, 3/4 games labs is a super fun map.

When it comes to the other maps, you will find you bump into way less cheaters than the forums would have you believe. And you'll have a lot more fun, since most people enjoying the game don't feel passionate enough to jump on here and let you know, where as every salty boi, does.

GymTime

I've never ran into any cheaters in my experience except for on Reserve.

I don't play Labs but most of them seem isolated to that map.

z_Omni_z
2 hours ago, GymTime said:

I've never ran into any cheaters in my experience except for on Reserve.

I don't play Labs but most of them seem isolated to that map.

This is 100% accurate. It's rare to run into someone cheating on maps other than Labs. They tend to gravitate towards this map because players come in fully geared and the amount of time it takes to get to them and shoot them in the melon is minimal. 

It's unfortunate because it really is a fun map, but it's pretty near useless at this point due to being overrun with hackers or ping abusers. I would guess that as the value of the RMT the hackers engage in goes down with time into the wipe, Labs will become viable again for legitimate players. 

• Sad 1

F0STY

Well maybe I will get it. I look forward to some fun.

bojje88

It gets old, game is very enjoyable just after a patch or when big banwaves hit. But give it a week and you will start seeing alot of hackers. 

I honestly used to think there were not many cheaters around when i was playing solo. Since obviously you most of the time dont see where the person is that kills you. 
But in a squad when you are 4 guys spread out and can use tactics to flank a cheater you realize how many people actually cheat. 

Ive had 5 raids tonight on interchange with my squad and we got wiped twice by a cheater. 

First time we were running outside towards exit and passed the military tents where scav spawn. We were all sprayed down by a guy with AS VAL from the Ultra building windows. It was like 3 seconds and all of us were dead, head eyes , same guy. 

Just 5 minutes ago, what actually made me come to the forums. We spawn at powerstation and are spread out when suddenly one of our teammate outside gets headshoted. The 3 of us alive inside stay inside covering every corner and listening for sounds. 

Suddenly i get shot through the wall. My faceshield stops 2 bullets and my other two teammates are already dead headshoted through the wall. Shortly after i die also. 

Its like, sure i can start a support ticket and report the guy, but i really cant bother. There is no easy way to report cheaters in a game that has had massive problems through out the years. 

F0STY

Hmmm, maybe I won't 

3 hours ago, bojje88 said:

It gets old, game is very enjoyable just after a patch or when big banwaves hit. But give it a week and you will start seeing alot of hackers. 

Hmm, maybe I won't get it then. Which region do you play in?

Dubz

4 very sus deaths in a row tonight. modern warfares battle royale actually seems like it might be more legit than this game right now. mods are going to downplay it to stay on bsg's good side. game has alot of problems even without the cheats. I'd wait to buy it at this point, see if they actually deliver as far as the product goes. as for the cheats the game got really popular and the cheats are actually pretty rampant regardless of what some say. Just watch grimmz or any other streamer play, im sure theyll come back to it again when the customs expansion drops.

tobiassolem
19 hours ago, DukeLander said:

But nummbers do not lie... ( Check latest Pestily dev's)

Really? Ever heard of the expression "lies, damned lies, and statistics"?

Just a couple of factors:

Out of 60 000 banned accounts over 2 months:

• How many of these are used by the same player?
  • How many of these are RMT-companies accounts (also used by the same "business")?
  • How many of these accounts will be re-bought by the same person using stolen credit cards?
  • How many raids occur world-wide over a period of 2 months? (Taking into account that there are about 200-250 000 concurrent players at peak hours, and perhaps half of that otherwise?)

And again, these people have been banned. Some of them, never to return again.

Stouffy

well 60 k banned account it is signficant, how many are still playing and using unknow cheats..

A delayed killcam would be a big help, with desync issues what seem to be a radar-preshot is just a desync but if you see the guy aiming straight at your position through the wall you should be able to report him (with a real report system).

I think there is more cheater than dev would like to admit but less than what "famous" people claim, this game is in a wierd place, not being able to see how you were killed doesn't help.

i'de still recommend this game but if you are a solo player (as i am) beware this game is not friendly :)

DissAbledGamer
On 7/17/2020 at 9:38 PM, RemedySeven said:

You seem to favor responding to threads regarding hackers and downplaying the severity of it. You have the same response in literally every other cheating thread you've responded to. Agenda much? A new account with limited posts who likes to downplay cheating issues sounds fishy af to me =). 

4 minutes ago, Stouffy said:

well 60 k banned account it is signficant, how many are still playing and using unknow cheats..

Was thinkin the same exact thing... those are the ones CAUGHT. I'm sure there is a larger majority that was missed. I mean cheating is at the point that CS pro's are using it and some were known to have spent tens of thousands to have a private coder make one for them. Seeing as how BattleEye is a banwave system, that tells me they only catch the ones that are easily understood and has no chance against a cheat that was coded by someone that is better than the white hatter that made the anti cheat. 

• Upvote 1