etra_kurdaj

Move the sniper towers in reserve to OUTSIDE the fence

etra_kurdaj

The dome is a single central obvious sniper strong point.

Wide open areas are similarly self-evident danger zones. The same goes for long straightaways.

But the sniper towers are numerous, quickly accessible to spawn locations, have clear LOS on spawn locations, and impossible to navigate around. They amount to a lottery:

• did an enemy player CHOOSE to occupy one?
  • which one? you don't know!

Game elements you can't control or work around aren't a lot of fun. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

z_Omni_z

I'm going to disagree that game elements you can't control aren't fun. Chaos is part of the fun in games like this in my opinion! =D

If they end up adding Reserve to the list of Shooter Born in Heaven mission maps then I might agree with you on the towers but I really only get sniped maybe 1/10 times I'm on reserve, probably less because I'm constantly moving. Just don't give them a stationary target and immediately battle lube yourself at spawn :)

ferguswag

How is this argument any different than saying, for instance, that the stores in Ultra Shopping mall should be closed?

Numerous stores, easily accessible, clear LOS on people walking down hallways, etc.

The towers on Reserve are all along the edge of the map, so if you really wanted to avoid them stay near the middle of the map. They only have a limited area that you can see, and you become quite vulnerable once people get to the base of the tower. Tower camping is just a derivation of extract camping, I don't always check for them but you are damn sure I'm aware of the possibility. Choosing to pretend that someone isn't in the tower is a bad idea, you should assume they are in there unless you check visually. 

etra_kurdaj
On 7/18/2020 at 9:34 PM, ferguswag said:

How is this argument any different than saying, for instance, that the stores in Ultra Shopping mall should be closed?

Numerous stores, easily accessible, clear LOS on people walking down hallways, etc.

The towers on Reserve are all along the edge of the map, so if you really wanted to avoid them stay near the middle of the map. They only have a limited area that you can see, and you become quite vulnerable once people get to the base of the tower. Tower camping is just a derivation of extract camping, I don't always check for them but you are damn sure I'm aware of the possibility. Choosing to pretend that someone isn't in the tower is a bad idea, you should assume they are in there unless you check visually. 

I feel like you didn't read my post.

JEROME2419

just close all the maps because players can go there and they really shouldnt be there. they are so toxic ugh

ferguswag
45 minutes ago, etra_kurdaj said:

I feel like you didn't read my post.

I read it, you should just accept that there are more than one spot to get sniped from.

Saint_CRYSTAL

Why would a military base have it towers outside of its fence? So that enemy hostiles can jump in it and snipe everyone inside? How does that make ANY sense?

skyflashde
Am 18.7.2020 um 21:13 schrieb etra_kurdaj:

The dome is a single central obvious sniper strong point.

Wide open areas are similarly self-evident danger zones. The same goes for long straightaways.

But the sniper towers are numerous, quickly accessible to spawn locations, have clear LOS on spawn locations, and impossible to navigate around. They amount to a lottery:

• did an enemy player CHOOSE to occupy one?
  • which one? you don't know!

Game elements you can't control or work around aren't a lot of fun.

What is wrong with you?

Humble_Avenger

Unlike dome the sniper towers tend to skyline the enemy head peeking out. I don't really see the towers as a huge threat if I got a decent optic.

etra_kurdaj
7 hours ago, ferguswag said:

I read it, you should just accept that there are more than one spot to get sniped from.

I think it is unreasonable and unfun to have some spawns be so much worse than others - that whether that player is killed in the first 30 seconds of a fifty minute game is another player's discretionary choice - and there are so many vulnerable directions that there is no defense. 

These spawns are comparable to the Unreal Tournament map Facing Worlds - where players could snipe the enemy's spawn zone from their own spawn zone. Just terrible terrible design.

6 hours ago, ShiroAni said:

Why would a military base have it towers outside of its fence? So that enemy hostiles can jump in it and snipe everyone inside? How does that make ANY sense?

Then have the towers occupy a middle position between an exterior and interior fence. 

BanditMaka

I feel like we have the tunnels now, and that allows you to circumnavigate the over ground better than moving the towers does.
I think on a whole it might be the best designed map in the game, and I don't even snipe.

As for things outside your control, some people will literally sit in a bush the moment the game starts and blast you when you run by, how do you defend against that other than constant thermal scans? I rather someone in a tower any day.

Caster89Actual
On 7/18/2020 at 9:34 PM, ferguswag said:

That’s actually not a bad idea. I might actually play that rats nest of a map if they closed just 50% of the stores or made them a bit brighter on the inside.

DukeLander

It is brighter with PostFX