JuliusCaesar

Pre-game betting

JuliusCaesar

Here is what I think. Alot of us can't get into matches, and that is a little upsetting, so sitting at our computers, what will we do with our time? I say we introduce a spectator mode where before the game starts you can bet roubles on which team will win.  This will ease those who can't get into filled lobbies, while circulating money more in the game, helping out the economy. 
If 4/8 spectators bet that USEC will win, and USEC wins, obviously the pot is distributed evenly, and vice versa.
You can leave it like that or you can go further and bet on things like: Who will have the highest K:D, who will survive and be extracted, etc. This would mean obviously that spectators cannot communicate through chat or voice to the players, only in their seperate channel.
Just an idea, gambling is fun in all games but it should always relate to the main game its self.

also, just if you wanted another idea, to distrubute lobbies more evenly, instead of using the system of playing one game and then the server kicking you for the next batch of players, you could have 8-10- however many players in game, and an equal amount of spectators, so that when the game ends and all the bets are won and lost, the players become spectators and bet on the same things. I am no game developer so I don't know how hard queue systems are to make, but it would be an enjoyable and balanced system that stimulates the players and the economy.

baby pepe keyboard.png

• Upvote 2

JuliusCaesar

Comment while you can this topic is getting pretty hot

alex8xela

Yes!!! I absolutely love this idea. However if the spectators and players switch position after each match, there could be a few problems;

1) People get bored of waiting as games tend to last around 40 mins until only one player / group left.

2) People could use this to give their friends an advantage. (e.g. they try to join a match queue where they are spectating their friends and they warn them about what is ahead)

3) This could add extra stress to the servers, but i'm sure they will have that covered after alpha or whenever they might add this.

4) It does seem like it might take away from the realism, and a-lot of people seem to want to have this game kept pure to realism.

• Upvote 1

LyoZi

But for an Arena-type raid it would be a solid idea.

• Upvote 1

HolyOrangeJuice

Maybe on arena b.s. Betting like this has no business in any other aspect of Tarkov.

• Upvote 2

Graaicko

Could do a arena type of gamemode similar to Stalker: soc. have spectators watch from a protected balcony inside the arena.