Sign in to follow this  
Gideon_Kaine

Curiosity

Gideon_Kaine

Is there a hack out there that causes players to lag when they aim at you? This isn't an isolated event - and it keeps happening and it's *insert expletive here* infuriating. After the initial stuttering at game start - everything smooths out. I'm running around doing stuff, spot a guy. Go to ADS and as soon as I get on target - my game skips/freezes/stutters whatever you want to call it and I come back to dropping dead. In some cases I can see them just fine - nothing stutters or lags UNTIL I ADS on them. Not even just ADS - as soon as I swing my aim onto them the game freezes.

chrisragnar

No it's probably your hardware

• Like 1

ferguswag
Posted (edited)

This isn't any sort of hack, tarkov stutters just usually occur at the worst times. You can monitor your CPU temp to see if throttling is occurring, which could be one cause of the stutters. If so, you would just need to clean out the dust/vents. Otherwise, you could always try updating graphics drivers, restarting tarkov after each raid, restarting PC between raids, etc. Quite cumbersome, obviously, but most of the time this reduces stuttering. 

Edited by ferguswag

DukeLander
23 hours ago, Gideon_Kaine said:

Is there a hack out there that causes players to lag when they aim at you? This isn't an isolated event - and it keeps happening and it's *insert expletive here* infuriating. After the initial stuttering at game start - everything smooths out. I'm running around doing stuff, spot a guy. Go to ADS and as soon as I get on target - my game skips/freezes/stutters whatever you want to call it and I come back to dropping dead. In some cases I can see them just fine - nothing stutters or lags UNTIL I ADS on them. Not even just ADS - as soon as I swing my aim onto them the game freezes.

AMD GPU?

z_Omni_z

There used to be a known issue with ADS/Scopes on things other than iron sights. It had something to do with the way Tarkov renders the graphics of a scope. I think it's more pronounced with actual scopes because it uses PIP as opposed to something else. I think they fixed it, or at the very least improved it, but I would do some Googling to see if you can find some potential remedies. 

Gideon_Kaine
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, DukeLander said:

AMD GPU?

Negative. I'm running on an i5-8600k
I know my computer is more than capable of handling this game.

18 hours ago, z_Omni_z said:

There used to be a known issue with ADS/Scopes on things other than iron sights. It had something to do with the way Tarkov renders the graphics of a scope. I think it's more pronounced with actual scopes because it uses PIP as opposed to something else. I think they fixed it, or at the very least improved it, but I would do some Googling to see if you can find some potential remedies. 

It was with a red dot sight, can't remember which one off the top of my head.

It's just really strange that I can be looking at them, even hip firing and it's fine - it's just when I ADS at a player. 

I can ADS in the middle of nowhere and it's fine. Unless I am extremely unlucky and the stutter just happens at that moment.

Edited by Gideon_Kaine
Clarification

Gideon_Kaine
On 7/19/2020 at 9:13 PM, ferguswag said:

This isn't any sort of hack, tarkov stutters just usually occur at the worst times. You can monitor your CPU temp to see if throttling is occurring, which could be one cause of the stutters. If so, you would just need to clean out the dust/vents. Otherwise, you could always try updating graphics drivers, restarting tarkov after each raid, restarting PC between raids, etc. Quite cumbersome, obviously, but most of the time this reduces stuttering. 

I have noticed that the game begins to become more and more unstable the longer I play without breaks - though my PC monitors all of my internal temperatures - and they are pretty steady. I hold at around 56°C playing Tarkov. 

Though it usually manifests itself as taking longer to load into games. Such as my teammate has already deployed and I am stuck on 'Awaiting Session Start' - a restart of the game and client usually fixes that.

DukeLander
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Gideon_Kaine said:

Negative. I'm running on an i5-8600k
I know my computer is more than capable of handling this game.

Gpu my friend, not cpu :)

Check your ram, game is eating ram.

Perhaps you have to make larger vram.

Edited by DukeLander