Sign in to follow this  
Michel

Realistic mode ( Hardcore) test server

Michel

Since the main game is getting more and more softcore where rpg elements are talking over skill, and military tactics, could We have a hardcore 

server with settings, as no bunny hoping, Realistic bullet damage, helmets that dont help against rifle rounds and so on.  Movement and bullet damage

closer to Insurgency HC gameplay. 

Concrete sugestions

1. Player can not move left and right to avoid bullets with this insane speeds.  Instead needs to be very sure He wants to cross or peak the corner. 

At least needs to stop for half a second while changing direction.

2. Situations where player lives a round in Helmet are reduced to 1 in million lucky chance. ( close to 0% like maybe finding of redkeycard is now ) 

3. Aim is more spread and recoil bigger for most guns causing firefights to still last a little time, but to be able to kill in 1-3 shots depending on caliber/armor.

( If someone is wearing level 3 armor one 7.62 round killing Him in 95% cases while leaving the "miracle" of surviving with bad bleeding and need of cms possible.) 

So yeah, my point is just not to make game this COD unrealistic run and gun shooter were people that play hundreds of hours ( which I do now but wont in future cause of obligations ) have advantage due to ingame character being developed instead of real skill.

4. Please for the love of God stop favouring reactive players. So many times I had  a situations where I am seeing enemy first, landing several shots, He turns and 1 taps me.

I Had many times where I was against 3 man squads and I have landed some shots on all of them prior to them reacting, and I didnt kill single one or just 1 maybe. I go to main menu, and my hit count is like 30 hits.  

5. Servers.... Please just buy better servers/optimise the network. I have still bullets not registering at all ( I got low ping / 10/50 mbit connection that works great on other games. ) 

Or like yesterday 2 hits with m4 856a1 in thorax, and it counted as just 2 health damage for the enemy and that was it. There was no armor damage nor health damage ....

And desync is still huge problem. I have seen footage of my friends that was playing with me. After I have killed an enemy and commented about it on our discord, it was than that He hears me starting to shoot, and after more than 5 seconds of firefight it stops. So thats delay of more than 10 seconds combined. Also for all of my friends, grenade still randomly get delayed for 5 additional seconds and are still not audible on many ocasions. Also sometimes 3 of us are playing together and all wearing sordins,comtacs, only 1 of us can hear shooting of unsuppressed weapon room or two away from us, while 2 of us hear nothing.... 

Ty for listening. Cant wait to try out the new update, just hoping that this watering down bullet damage and increasing of speed will not destroy  game completely. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 4

Harvg123

So 1, 2 and 3 I dont think something like this would be a terrible idea IF it was separate to the normal raids AND not until full release of the game. 

4 - what can i even say? Stop favouring people with faster reaction times i think is what you are saying which is complete nonsense. 95% of anything competitive revolves around reaction times, most sport, most games, most of life for that matter. Unless i misunderstood what you mean, in which case im sorry. 

5 - now i know nothing about servers or coding or game development, in fact im the "typical consumer". Dont you think if it was as simple as "buy more servers" then they would have done? Or maybe they missed the tick box that says "optimise all servers"??

As Nikita recently stated they banned 80k accounts in a month i believe (correct me if im wrong). Now even if they are standard accounts at £30 each that is £2,400,000. They clearly have the money to "buy" more servers, bigger development teams, upgrade development tools that kind of thing, my point is clearly its a bigger job than just get it done. 

Yarbay
Posted (edited)

A lot of casual gamers came after twitch drops and they all want it to be like COD or Battlefield. For them, it's hardcore if you don't have crosshair or need to manage your gear. What is hardcore anyway, can anyone define that? Every game developer understands something different about Hardcore Gaming.

When comparing hardcore in other games, it's either multiple opponents, or they have double or triple health. Is it hardcore when the AI have inhuman perceptions like seeing without night vision in the dark or always know exactly where the players are hiding even if they have not been seen or heard?

Is it Hardcore if the AI spawns randomly in your area where you checked before??

Edited by Yarbay

Michel
1 hour ago, Harvg123 said:

4 - what can i even say? Stop favouring people with faster reaction times i think is what you are saying which is complete nonsense. 95% of anything competitive revolves around reaction times, most sport, most games, most of life for that matter. Unless i misunderstood what you mean, in which case im sorry. 

About this, what I meant was this situation https://ibb.co/HY9ZVM7  .

I have like 500 000 rouble gear. I proceed to clear area and I see enemy running. I start tapping on single. I see that I hit Him. I went into the building following Him. I failed. In the end He killed me.

I was initiator. He was reacting player. I am dead. He has all my gear. Should I have fought smarter, better and so on ? Yes. Did I really deserve to lose all. - No.

He failed to see me. I had upper hand. I hit Him first time. I hit Him second time. I hit Him third time.  I hit Hit fourth time.

I hit Him fifth time. I hit Him sixth time.

Maybe now You understand me lol :) 

My point is, at the end of a day, I feel as loser many times in this game when I actually trived. I seeked opportunity I made huge advantage, then opened fire, and devasted the guy, and I lose everything gg. Same goes when its the other way arround. Its just disgusting to lose when You shoot someone so many times. It loses that realistic feeling of a fight You know.  

I have no problem with reactions when someone misses You and You one tap Him thats ok. But this, 6 times with 5.56 ..... 

ACuddlyBadger

A hardcore test server would be an admission of failure by BSG.

• Upvote 1

Michel
1 hour ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

A hardcore test server would be an admission of failure by BSG.

I am sort of thinking along the line that devs wanted more hardcore game but it was streamers who did this change. For example I was watching one stream the other day ( Landmark ) and I enjoy His stream and really think He is awesome player. But in one raid He failed so much, that the guy was running in His right corner and He did not realise. Next this guy hits Landmark like at least 5 times but probably much more and He gets in cover all f*** up. And heals like nothing ever happened and even has a nerve to call this other guy a "tank" like 10 times. While He was the one being tank. Its streams like these that no matter if You like this people are changing gameplay for the worse.

Imagine damage of say, Red Orchestra 2 in this game. It would be awesome. So it would be nice to have much lower end gear for prolonged period in wipe with bullets far more expansive and rare. To the point, where a full mag of S***ty 855 would be very valuable, but damage with it very hardcore. 

This fully gear guys 1 month after wipe and talking so many bullets to drop dead just... wrong. Dont get me wrong I am now too geared at this moment in wipe. Bitcoin farm level 3 and all. Just thinking that every bullet should count. 

Harvg123
18 hours ago, Michel said:

About this, what I meant was this situation https://ibb.co/HY9ZVM7  .

What ammo were you using? 7.62x39 PS?

Michel
39 minutes ago, Harvg123 said:

What ammo were you using? 7.62x39 PS?

This was I believe all 5.56 856A1.  

Hamm
22 hours ago, Yarbay said:

A lot of casual gamers came after twitch drops and they all want it to be like COD or Battlefield

casual gamers who would rather PvP instead of roleplay  = cod or battlefield players.

gotta love your logic...smh

• Like 1