Sign in to follow this  
Bjason1

Your rig and settings?

Bjason1
Posted (edited)

I recently upgraded from a 1080 to a 2080ti and didn't see much improvement in performance.  I was wondering if everyone shared their rigs and settings we could figure out how to tune our setups to better perform.

I'm running:

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz OC

32 gigs DDR 3200

Samsung Evo SSD

EVGA RTX 2080ti 

144hz IPS Monitor @ 1440p

I have texture quality high, shadows high, LOD 2 (lowest), over vis 2000, shadows 40, TAA high, everything off except aniso which I have set to on.  Sharpness 1.1.  None of the bottom boxes checked.

My performance is good in some places but like at resort in shoreline my fps drops 70 - 90.  On reserve or in the interchange malls its similar.  What gives?  Does anyone else experience low frame rates there?  Or any advice on how to tweak my settings?

Edited by Bjason1

NmHansen

There is no fix. its all in hands of the devs.

SGT_PsyOp

Ok, 

I have

I7 8700K OC to 5.0 Ghz

Zotac Gaming 2080Ti

32 Gigz Trident Z @3200

Evo 970 Pro Plus 1 TB

144 HZ @1440P on GSYNC Monitor

I run everything maxed out and I get anywhere from 85-107 FPS depending on map and Situation/Rain etc....

But for some reason EFT doesn't like my G-sync monitor and I get screen tearing ( This is the only game that does it ) The tearing gets so bad that I disabled GSYNC for EFT and I run the in game V-sync which locks my game at 60FPS

In all honesty I prefer playing at a locked 60 FPS than having it jump all of the place with screen tearing. Every other game I play I run 144 FPS with no issues only this game has problems. The biggest improvement for me with EFT was OC on my CPU. At stock speeds it ran like trash. Once I bought Corsair H115i Platinum AIO and OC to 5.0 on all cores. The game ran much better.

I have tried everything on the settings- Honestly you're just going to have to play around but I've found letting G-force Experience "Optimize" your settings seems to work the best.

Good Luck, if you find the magic to make the game run 100+ FPS smoothly let me know.

DukeLander
4 hours ago, Bjason1 said:

I recently upgraded from a 1080 to a 2080ti and didn't see much improvement in performance.  I was wondering if everyone shared their rigs and settings we could figure out how to tune our setups to better perform.

I'm running:

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz OC

32 gigs DDR 3200

Samsung Evo SSD

EVGA RTX 2080ti 

144hz IPS Monitor @ 1440p

I have texture quality high, shadows high, LOD 2 (lowest), over vis 2000, shadows 40, TAA high, everything off except aniso which I have set to on.  Sharpness 1.1.  None of the bottom boxes checked.

My performance is good in some places but like at resort in shoreline my fps drops 70 - 90.  On reserve or in the interchange malls its similar.  What gives?  Does anyone else experience low frame rates there?  Or any advice on how to tweak my settings?

Question:

How much ram does take EFT?

Harvg123

EFT is a CPU heavy game not GPU heavy. Seen alot of comments that having your graphics settings up higher is better than lower so it passes that workload to the GPU to free up some of the CPU, dont know how effective or even true this actually is though.

I have 2080ti and Ryzen 7 3700x and 32gb ram, usually get between 70-100fps most maps. Shoreline has been worst recently dropping down to 50-60, factory and interchange have been the best for me recently consistently 90fps+

Van_Hellspit
Posted (edited)

i7 6800k Hex core

1080 ti

16gb 2600mhz ram

Resort and shoreline especially around the main loot area has always seen lower fps for me. However, due to the scale of these places I dont mind that much. Framed never drop below 60pfs, except when I have a lag spike, which is getting more and more un-common for me. I think its just the huge amount of things that spawn in them areas. Between the scavs, loot and PMC as well as everyone's connection to the server I think it inevitable that lower fps in more demanding area will always be a thing. Anything over 50 is more than playable.

Edited by Van_Hellspit
spelling

MixitBaby

Some old i5 @ 3.300, 12 GB of any ram, SSD and a good ol' GTX 750ti (which is the same card we are after in game, btw).
Texture quality med, shadows med, TAA and AF on, some sharpening and running at 1400x810 resolution (which is 75% of native), I can even have PhysX with some adjustments and still run around 40-60 fps.