Jantzen333

Quit making it impossible for new players

Jantzen333

It seems like every change makes it harder and harder for newer & more casual players. Since I hate people that just complain without solutions here are some easy solutions to the problems I see in this game.

Updates restart scav timer  - I jump on after a few days hoping to play a round our two and i'm prevented from playing scav for 20 min. If your new you are a lot more reliant on scav runs then seasoned players. Why does a seasoned player have the ability to lower their scav timer but a new player doesn't. If anything it should be the other way around to discourage late games players from doing scav runs.

Solution: Whatever level you are, that's how long between scav runs you have to wait. Then you can reduce it by a % by upgrading your hideout.

Insurance claims - Out of nowhere I can no longer claim my insurance stuff back because it's been too long. I never saw a time limit so I didn't sell a bunch of poo to make space for it.  I'm sure you implemented this to stop players from using insurance as another stash but more casual players that didn't by EOD may not have room in their tiny inventory for the insurance stuff for a few rounds. Especially since we don't have any containers yet. Where is the warning?

Solution: When insurance items come back, pop them up at the bottom of the stash in an overflow type inventory. Don't let the player into another round until they have made enough rough in their stash for everything to fit correctly. This forces them to either discard the items or sell others to make room. No surprises to anyone since they are forced to make a decision rather than just taking their choice away from them.

Market - Get to level 10 your set. Before level 10 pay stupid prices and only have access to basic equipment. Also, we'll shove you in a round with fully kitted players for target practice. Oh also you have little to no chance of killing them because they all have high level armor so your bullets have little to no chance of doing any damage, and their bullets will shred through any armor you have access to buy. Have fun....

Solution - Open the market to everyone. The prices will automatically sort out the higher level players from the lower levels. It also helps lower level player make big moves by buying top tier ammo by using most of the money they have. This allows them to at least have a chance against higher level players. They will still be at a disadvantage in skill and they likely wont be able to buy top tier everything but it allows for that David and Goliath moment when a new player with iron sights takes out that dude that's geared up and being over confident.

This game only seems to care about people that are 100% committed to the game. You must buy the EOD edition, play every day, and be in it for the long haul or your experience is going to suck.  I see you are trying to fix boosting and real money transactions. Great fix those, but why not also look at why so many people had to resort to that in order to have fun? Build a better game that makes real money transactions not worth it for those that are selling.

I keep hearing "this game is supposed to be hardcore" or "this is supposed to be super realistic"  That's fine if that's where the team wants to take this game but it just makes it very difficult for a casual player to pick this up and stay interested. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

afgan_

I agree that learning curve is steep for new players and this game is paradoxal in this way - basically the better the are the easier it makes for you to play.

Regarding the suggestions themselves that is different matter. Scav times does not bother me, so I don't have much opinion on it. In terms of insurance they should simply tie it with game time, meaning if you haven't logged on for 3 weeks because you were on holidays, you won't loose anything, yet it would prevent player using insurance as extra inventory.

I agree with your solution for flea market as there is very distinct advantage of having vs. not having it. I would even say that players who have no access to flea should not play with those who do.. but that is different topic. My understanding that current lvl10 limit to flea market is related with multiple other issues like RMT, as well they want you to level-up traders and do quests instead of just flipping everything on flea market. I guess that is fair enough, but at the same time when they published this change I have straight away said it will punish new or more casual players disproportionally. 

TechoverMana
1 hour ago, Jantzen333 said:

It seems like every change makes it harder and harder for newer & more casual players

What bizarro world did you come from? The game has been on the overall trending towards more and more casual play. Scavs used to be like 1 hour between resets, now down to 15-20 minutes, means you get the potential for a bunch of free stuff 2-3 times an hour.

Flea market didn't exist, and by simply existing it's made the game far easier and has caused a bunch of problems on its own. But many quests, key items, keys themselves, now can just be bought. You no longer have to find every resort key, or factory key or quest key by doing a bunch of shoreline runs or whatever and knowing where the spawns are and actually risking it. Now you can just buy them. That's, far, far easier. And now you don't have to actually level up traders. Once you hit level 10 literally everything in the game is opened up to you, meaning all the traders can do at best is have particular items at lower prices. But at level 10 as long as you have the money (and making money even post FIR changes has been far easier with the flea market) you can go from surviving on scav gear to coming in the next raid with a slick, exfil, meta m4 and a big backpack ready to nail the resort because you have all the keys.

Really, the changes that made things more 'hardcore' was stuff like limiting how many meds you could use at one time and going down to one per limb, and adding animations to meds and reloading magazines so it occupied your hands and stuff. But most of the other changes I'd say have certainly made it easier for newer, casual players, and it seems to be continuing in that direction as well whenever 12.7 comes into being.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

afgan_
9 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

What bizarro world did you come from? The game has been on the overall trending towards more and more casual play.

Some aspects made it easier, some made it harder. The important word here is for new players - game maybe has become easier overall, but for new players it is still far too hard and for old players far too easy. The fundamental issue in the game is that the newer you are the harder it is, then when you progress over time it gets easier and easier to the level it gets boring.

Flea market is just a game feature, it makes it no easier nor harder ... well that is provided everyone has access to it... and you see where it is going... new players down have access to Flea market until lvl 10... this effectively makes the game inherently harder for them when playing against players with lvl 10+ who have access to flea market. And there are a lot more game mechanics like that which makes it easier to play the more you play. 

Finally, I don't even think the game was made more casual recently... it was just made less realistic and hardcore.. and I blame streamers and COD/BF crying kids who just want to run and gun. Does it become more friendly for casual or new players.... Nooo.... it just become more friendly for brainless CHADs who are running and gunning (well I guess weight limit was a good change - but that is the only thing).

opiat3
15 hours ago, Jantzen333 said:

I see you are trying to fix boosting and real money transactions. Great fix those, but why not also look at why so many people had to resort to that in order to have fun?

Because , like yourself...the majority of ppl wants to have it all without having to work for it.

afgan_
31 minutes ago, opiat3 said:

Because , like yourself...the majority of ppl wants to have it all without having to work for it.

Not sure about you... but I have never heard of people paying games as a punishment for themselves. Usually, people play games as a way to spend their free time, get away from reality and to forget their daily struggle IRL. EFT being realistic and hardcore .. that is great, some people like it.. I certainly like it... however realistic and hardcore is not the same as hard and grindy... especially when hard and grindy applies much more for new players than it is for old one.

davidj123456

Learning curve is steep for new players because it is a hard game. Once you get better at the game you will like these features being in place and will probably complain about something else. Everyone seems to love complaining at the Devs these days instead of just learning the game and getting good, or just uninstalling it. If you can't play it either learn how to or leave. Game is already too easy and they made it much easier this wipe. 

If you need help check my info in my signature below and I can not only help you with everything but also show you how all the stuff you listed will actually work towards your advantage later on. 

TechoverMana
11 hours ago, afgan_ said:

Flea market is just a game feature, it makes it no easier nor harder

Oh, baloney. Flea market allows you to pretty much bypass any trader requirements for armor, ammo, and weapons, as well as make it very easy to accumulate lots of wealth, almost all of the FIR changes and nerfs to the flea market are in response to stemming how incredibly easy it made to stay afloat in the game. Nothing about flea market made the game harder, unless you count side effects of an avenue of incentives for cheaters and RMT.

Frankly, I think flea market should be locked behind Intel Center level 3, let that be what allows you to actually access it. Level 10 is far too low, a few early quests and a few decent raids will get you there no problem.

Some aspects made it easier, some made it harder.

Sure, but the easier/casual/gamey changes to harder/realistic changes is like a 3:1 ratio. Med animations and reload timer was good, but it was followed up with stims, weight changes were good, but that's after CMS kits got put in, ect. One step forward two steps back.

I don't even think the game was made more casual recently

Might be dependent on how you define 'recent' but I'd say CMS kits, stims, much of the hideout for passive revenue, a lot of stuff within this last year I'd say has made things easier and more casual, and with the latest patchnotes having 20% damage reduction stims, +5 HP to chest to remove a lot of ammo doing one taps, the trend continues downward.

Personally, I like the hideout and think its a good addition, but at the same time I think it has also, especially among the greater context of the other changes, certainly made it easier in Tarkov. CMS kits and stims I just think are really bad, making things easier, and not being realistic when you can just pop a shot to make yourself into Wolverine for a few minutes, certainly lends itself for more casual experience, since I already don't like that painkillers allow you to sprint on broken/blacked legs like an armed Usain Bolt.

afgan_

@TechoverMana - there are few topics where I agree with you and have mentioned it many times myself. The way painkillers are implemented is dumb and makes no sense. Pop in some painkillers and you can run through bullets until you kill or die.

However, that has nothing to do with flea market topic. Over 1600 hours in game, currently lvl 53, overall value 37mil, 43% SR and I am still struggling to get the ends meet. Did FIR it made game more realistic or harder to play... no not at all. If anything my survive rate and K/D are higher this wipe. But it made much much harder for casual players to enjoy the game and stay afloat, even when you play well and kill thicc boy you cannot earn anything, all the gear he has is worthless to the traders and not necessary viable to use for yourself.

The maxed out hideout gives minimal advantage, it is nice passive and over time generates some money, but not much.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:33 PM, TechoverMana said:

flea market should be locked behind Intel Center level 3

Seriously, even if you best player in EFT it will take at very least up to lvl 25-30 to unlock it, for wast majority of players that is lvl 35-40, because itself it is locked behind most of hideout.. so one pretty much has to max out hideout to have Intel 3. For most people it will take 400hours jut to get to flea market - that is crazy... and what is your justification for that, do you have any argument why it should be like this, does it make more realistic, or your arbitrary definition of "harder" is enough to justify it? 

Indiasin

In what game does your level 1 player character not suck and have bad equipment? I think the game needs a gear score system and a  matchmaking algorithm sorting players by level, skill and gear score. It should still mix low and high levels, groups, solos, duos. Just maybe a little more balanced. 4 level one characters in a group against a geared solo or duo is win-able and to be honest if i didn't have the discord or forums/youtube or streamers to help me noob i may have given up with frustration. You will get better the more you play. learn the maps, learn where the scavs are and never peeking the same angle twice will keep you alive.

Antmax
Posted (edited)

I've been playing about a month now, I leveled up a few things in my hideout and scav times are down to about 15 minutes. I was a bit bummed when I discovered that Flea Market was no longer available at level 5. That really opens things up.

Personally, I think the one thing that I would like to see would be matchmaking for levels 1-9 till you unlock the flea market. Veterans might get to farm initially, but apparently they can get to level ten in 2-3 hours. So they would move on pretty quickly and be fairly uncommon a while after a wipe. That way struggling players get to play against similar players at their own pace without the pressure of being ganked all the time. 

Otherwise, I think the game is pretty decent, It's tough and more realistic than the more mainstream FPS out there and rewards people who persevere. Seems to have found a niche that it stand quite well in.

I do get annoyed when I lose my rewards from doing tasks for dealers because I didn't have room. Did some other stuff and then forgot that they are on a time limit just like insurance. Lost a pretty fancy weapon from Mechanic earlier this week, only noticed the time expired today.

Edited by Antmax

TechoverMana
On 8/28/2020 at 6:55 PM, afgan_ said:

Did FIR it made game more realistic or harder to play

More realistic is debatable, since a lot of it bounces of the secure container which isn't realistic. But as far as harder, absolutely, because it made it harder to make money with hatchet runs or if you didn't know what you were doing as a more casual player. So by any definition, the change did make it harder, which is why so many people complained since it means less easy money.

even when you play well and kill thicc boy you cannot earn anything, all the gear he has is worthless to the traders

Not true, you can earn plenty reselling to the traders and reuse it. If you get take a meta m4 off someone, that means you don't have to buy one for yourself and save some 200k rubles depending on the ammo. You can reuse armor or gear, and take items to use in the hideout. And the gear sold back to the traders can easily make a nice little payday as well. Is it as much as the flea market, no, sure, but it's far from worthless.

The maxed out hideout gives minimal advantage

This is just blatantly untrue. If you're maxed out you practically don't have to worry about money anymore between the bitcoins, moonshine and scav box winners, along with selling high end craftables like magazine cases, ammo, meds, ect. With a maxed out hideout you can easily get like 500k free rubles per day, which can easily go for 2-3 budget runs to bring back even more stuff.

what is your justification for that, do you have any argument why it should be like this, does it make more realistic,

For making the flea market a end game sort of thing, 1) Flea Market at such a low level makes many tasks irrelevant or freebies by just buying the items in question, even with the FIR changes. 2) Puts emphasis back on traders as main economic engine instead of pretty much vestigial. 3) Realism, how would a low level nobody with barely enough bullets for his gun somehow be connected to some super high end Amazon of guns and ammo? It seems like only when you've got all the proper set up (Level 3 intel center) that you'd actually have the capacity to hook into some online black market stuff with their own delivery service, not when you can barely manage having a string of light-bulbs and a furnace.

Antmax

I just got flea market last weekend. It has its good and bad points. The good is that you can easily buy small items to maximize your hideout up to facilities that require L2 Dealers. The negative is that any decent ammo you might thought you could get costs 400%+ more than you can buy it from a trader. It really sucks when something that  costs 68R per bullet with a L2 trader is 400 - 600r each elsewhere. No way a newbie can afford that in any useful way. 

RE Matchmaking. I've said it elsewhere. I think matchmaking that tries to put Level 1-9 players in the same games as much as possible would help newbies get to learn the ropes easier. throw L10 and up together. I don't think you need too much segregation. I've killed a couple of 50+ players before I reached level 10 and didn't even realize till I left the game and looked at my stats because I never looted the bodies. I still can't tell a player from a scav most of the time because I still can't afford optics

• Like 1

MrPeebles
5 hours ago, Antmax said:

I just got flea market last weekend. It has its good and bad points. The good is that you can easily buy small items to maximize your hideout up to facilities that require L2 Dealers. The negative is that any decent ammo you might thought you could get costs 400%+ more than you can buy it from a trader. It really sucks when something that  costs 68R per bullet with a L2 trader is 400 - 600r each elsewhere. No way a newbie can afford that in any useful way. 

RE Matchmaking. I've said it elsewhere. I think matchmaking that tries to put Level 1-9 players in the same games as much as possible would help newbies get to learn the ropes easier. throw L10 and up together. I don't think you need too much segregation. I've killed a couple of 50+ players before I reached level 10 and didn't even realize till I left the game and looked at my stats because I never looted the bodies. I still can't tell a player from a scav most of the time because I still can't afford optics

For that, you need to level up your traders.

As many people have said, you need to learn how to play this game, and that comes at a price.

I was (and still am) a noob, and I've come to learn a lot because I just keep trying instead of crying.

If i loose all my stuff, my Scav runs got me covered, I can now easely make 200k Roubles each run (which for a veteran is not that much) and this really helps. Don't expect to have everything within a month, this requires patience and a lot of work, just like every veteran around had to go through without complaining. Life is not gonna be easy for any of us as well so, get used to it.

I just started focusing on completing quests and leveling up traders, I don't much care about roubles anymore (for now). Every single bartering item I get to bring, I keep it instead of selling it. On the long run they will be VERY, and I mean, V-E-R-Y useful.

After you get to lvl 3 traders you start getting to buy a lot of great gear and ammo.

Keep the weapons you get to bring from a successful scav runs, so you can use it with you PMC, this way making your PMC runs basically "riskless" if that is even a word xD.

PS: I aswered to you, but this post is more directed to the OP :D

Edited by MrPeebles

Complex_Basics

The difficulty and amount of players that are super good at this game is a deterrent to people who want to get better, but get poo on 24/7.

Personally, I think Skill-based matchmaking would help the player-base, but we'll just have to see.

afgan_
On 9/5/2020 at 11:36 PM, TechoverMana said:

More realistic is debatable, since a lot of it bounces of the secure container which isn't realistic.

But as far as harder, absolutely, because it made it harder to make money with hatchet runs or if you didn't know what you were doing as a more casual player. So by any definition, the change did make it harder, which is why so many people complained since it means less easy money.

Not true, you can earn plenty reselling to the traders and reuse it. If you get take a meta m4 off someone, that means you don't have to buy one for yourself and save some 200k rubles depending on the ammo. You can reuse armor or gear, and take items to use in the hideout. And the gear sold back to the traders can easily make a nice little payday as well. Is it as much as the flea market, no, sure, but it's far from worthless.

This is just blatantly untrue. If you're maxed out you practically don't have to worry about money anymore between the bitcoins, moonshine and scav box winners, along with selling high end craftables like magazine cases, ammo, meds, ect. With a maxed out hideout you can easily get like 500k free rubles per day, which can easily go for 2-3 budget runs to bring back even more stuff.

For making the flea market a end game sort of thing, 1) Flea Market at such a low level makes many tasks irrelevant or freebies by just buying the items in question, even with the FIR changes. 2) Puts emphasis back on traders as main economic engine instead of pretty much vestigial. 3) Realism, how would a low level nobody with barely enough bullets for his gun somehow be connected to some super high end Amazon of guns and ammo? It seems like only when you've got all the proper set up (Level 3 intel center) that you'd actually have the capacity to hook into some online black market stuff with their own delivery service, not when you can barely manage having a string of light-bulbs and a furnace.

So instead of answering what I asked you instead got on container? How is container relevant to flea market? Yes everyone knows it is unrealistic, we can discuss it in other tread.

What you said is basically - it makes game economy harder, not the game itself. And clearly it does not make game more realistic WTF is "find in raid" imagine going to local gun trader to sell some weapons you took of dead fighters and he telling you "nope - these haven't grown on trees - you see markings, they once belonged to Igor, I won't buy them from you"... ****ing ridiculous. It is like drug dealer checking if his dugs are fair trade and made without child labour.

Most items are at most 30-50% of the value, that is weapon which costs to build 300k will sell to mechanic for 100k-150kmost of the time. So I am sorry but I call it BS. As for reusing that is besides the point - for example I may loot Zhuk 6a and Altyn. That is 250k + 150k depending on condition, easily. I would never ever for any reasons wear them, Zhuk is trash ceramic armour and atlyn makes you both blind and deaf - it is like putting coffin on your head and running with it, but there are stupid chads who would buy it. As I cannot put it in flea market the best price I can get is like 80k for altyn and 150k for Zhuk. So again - BS, you don't get nowhere near what weapons are worth and finding gear you actually use yourself is lottery, yes sometimes I do find something I am comfortable using myself and it saves me money, but that is like 1 in 10 times at best.

What you saying is counter intuitive, quite opposite - flea market is something you use when you low reputation with traders, so you cannot tap into good quality goods sales and you have to resort on using used trash others sell - that is you start game. Overtime, you build-up your notoriety and relations with local gangs and local gun lords, you get access to better gear, brand new, with increasingly higher amounts and you can get it when you need it. If you become such a good friend to Prapor he may even give you some stuff free for trash like bottle of vodka - that is what would make sense and what would be in line with game's lore. Once you have relations and access to any gear you like, why would you go to stinky underground market to barter?  

TechoverMana
23 hours ago, afgan_ said:

it makes game economy harder, not the game itself.

You don't think those have anything to do with one another? If it's economically harder, the game is harder, in the means of taking people who may have been getting along and saying "Sorry, can't afford gear" and thus the game is now harder now that they're stuck working on a budget instead of maxing out.

And clearly it does not make game more realistic WTF is "find in raid" imagine going to local gun trader to sell some weapons you took of dead fighters and he telling you "nope - these haven't grown on trees - you see markings, they once belonged to Igor, I won't buy them from you"... ****ing ridiculous.

As opposed to you being able to drag stuff out of the game that you died in? Who's talking to the trader, your ghost? If you died, how did you ever bring the gun or whatever to the trader in the first place? You'd just be a corpse. If it was to be realistic, you'd lose everything, including your magic box , and/or just hit the factory reset on the character. FIR is a compromise for the compromise of the secure container and reducing it's abuse via hatchet running to high value loot areas with no loss.

As for reusing that is besides the point - for example I may loot Zhuk 6a and Altyn. That is 250k + 150k depending on condition, easily. I would never ever for any reasons wear them

That's a you problem. Just because you only like certain types of gear or weapons doesn't mean the game should cater to it, and warp its economy or mechanics to better suit your particular play style over everyone else's.

Once you have relations and access to any gear you like, why would you go to stinky underground market to barter?  

Because it's clear the traders don't have everything, especially a lot of the stuff used to make your hideout or to work quests. And why do you think this is some physical location that'd 'stink' as opposed to you doing it by electronic means. You think there's just some market in Tarkov, that place would be looted and robbed by scavs or the forces at odds would occupy it. It'd be like trying to have a market in the middle of the Battle of Stalingrad, or imagine trying to have some trade going on in the middle of Reserve. You'd get picked off 12 different ways before you could even shake hands.

The flea market working as it is now pretty much undermines needing traders at all outside of making it to level 10 or whatever. Once you're past level 10 there's no reason to ever bother with traders again outside of maybe trying for Kappa, but in theory, once you've hit level 10, it's just as good as hitting level 40, even better in some cases since you can get items traders don't sell (ie keys, building materials, ect) and plenty of stuff cheaper than they sell. 

Flea Market should be an end game system for people who've actually gone through most of the quests and gotten deeply involved to unlock a system that can provide a window to make lots of money for items that had little value before to traders, get items traders don't sell, make key hunting integral to the game and game progression, and also stabilize the economy overall with the prices of many items.

redhead9

For this game to get better for the new or casual player they will need to change a lot of things.  Now they don't need to be bad or or unrealistic changes a lot of the changes would actually lean in a more realistic area.  

For starters we need to start rewarding new players with loot that they could use.  In they current state a lot of the prioritized loot on every map is just flee market trades.  stuff that isn't good to traders but on the flee.  If the loot on maps like reserve was more oriented towards getting a player gear sets like if m4 lowers or m1a lowers were in weapon boxes as a some what common drop then you would see new and old players building weapons with found in raid parts.  New players don't need all a lot of fancy computer parts.  New players should be actively encouraged to scrounge their gear and finding your Armour and guns in raid and not on a body should be a viable strat for all players.

also look up the new Armour changes coming and the new hit box system on Armour.  I don't want to explain it all but it will make ever weapon viable as long as you analyze your target and know how to aim at the weak spot/not Armour areas.  This will make the budget load outs that new players have to use reward patience and observation when taking down a geared players because they will be able to target them in the weak areas.  Anyone can shoot at a target, it's how you approach that target that  separates the good players and the lucky players.

Also hatchet running shouldn't be about running in and rushing the valuable spawns.  It should be running and using your personnel route or a random one and finding Armour, a gun, and meds.  If the game would actively encourage you to find your gear by looting it i think we would see a shift that one, makes the game more realistic for the setting its in and it would make looting gear in raid more viable than ever and intern would allow new players more ways to acquire gear especial since a new play isn't in tune with the combat yet.  you can't expect a new player to learn to fight well if they are dying all the time.  to conclude changes such as these allow a player more routes to become more geared before they get the flee and will allow casual players to be on  par with chads and millionaire players through their own differing method of Acquiring gear. 

afgan_

@TechoverMana - you just keep repeating same things over and over, without actually providing any reasoning for it. "it has to be end game thing".. why?

There are gun trade in all conflict zones - Staliningrad is bad example as that was "traditional war", in "asymmetric war" it works different - take a look at Somalia, Libia, ISIS controlled territories - that would be the sort of situation. In such case weapons and various items will have value, which can be bartered. 

Again you have provided no argument for contrary - like how does FIR makes sense, does the gun smuggler have "moral standards" not to take weapons from other PMCs? Makes no sense.

Again when it comes to secure container, that is separate topic (I agree it is not realistic - that isn't much of contentions point), however you conveniently use to based your flowed logic on it - "if secure container is not realistic, then trading doesn't need to be realistic"... to the same extent then we have slippery slope, if one aspect of the game is not realistic then based on your argument we can have anything in the game, realism no longer applies because one specific thing is not realistic. Again makes no sense.

TechoverMana
On 9/10/2020 at 6:20 AM, afgan_ said:

take a look at Somalia, Libia, ISIS controlled territories - that would be the sort of situation. In such case weapons and various items will have value, which can be bartered. 

One, most won't barter because again, they can't take a bag of rice or alkaline or whatever and use it for the things they want. It's the entire reason why money was made. You think when ISIS talks to Tehran or whatever to get guns, you think they're handing them a truck of chickens or a bunch of energy drinks? No, they're taking cash and if not, you can beat it. 

Where do you think this market is in Tarkov? Where is it that you think hundreds of armed mercs in a dog eat dog are going to put their weapons away to do a trade show? You might as well have them getting together to have a Magic The Gathering tournament where anyone can shoot them up, take all their stuff, and laugh all the way to the bank.
The flea market is clearly something being done online, with very discrete delivery services. It probably needs encryption so it's not intercepted, or that reveals the location of your stash/hideout. So you need a computer, unrestricted internet access, and a means of encoding and decoding encryptions to get dark web whatever. Thus why I think it'd be a intel center unlock.

Also, this is shifting of the goalposts once again, because originally the question was if it was making things easier or harder, not if it was realistic, because if it was realistic, there'd be no flea market, so no FIR, along with many other things. Not in making sense, not in 'realism' or not, just 'did it make things easier/casual or hard/hardcore' and unequivocally, the game has been getting more casual and easier, specifically because of things like flea market. FIR was just a backstop to keep from making the game hilariously easy because it pretty much made any illusion of economy or lacking funds impossible. You'd have to have your brain damaged not to be overflowing in cash, which means there's little desperation in the game.

On 9/10/2020 at 6:20 AM, afgan_ said:

you just keep repeating same things over and over, without actually providing any reasoning for it.

Actually, I've provided my reasoning, in detail, and either you're just not reading it or deliberately being obtuse at this point, to continue to provide little to say why having the flea market, at all somehow makes it harder on new players? The flea market makes the game inherently easier to deal with, as anyone who's played the game before the flea market existed, and after the flea market could tell you.

Learnding
On 7/23/2020 at 6:37 AM, opiat3 said:

This is like one of the easiest games to grind on the FPS market by far, people are predictable under stress, be aggressive hope to die a lot. You don't have to work for anything realistically other than Kappa case and that's just a completionist trophy rather than a useful item.

ThreeTreeDog

After playing an hour, all I managed to do is die and loose crap..I want my $ back is what I feel like at this point is what Im thinking. I can barely see at night when raining but yet I get HS from 100 meters..hope you get some use from that pistol I dropped. More time loading than playing..blah

I think Ill boot squad back up and might have some fun with the 2 hours I have left to play tonight.

Edited by ThreeTreeDog

ThreeTreeDog

but wtf it was 47.00, weapon mechanics feel good, but as a new player just the initial cost of time before the fun kicks in. Mini mode? Balanced Lobbies at some point? I understand its beta and there is a limited pool//

afgan_
On 9/19/2020 at 3:44 AM, ThreeTreeDog said:

but wtf it was 47.00, weapon mechanics feel good, but as a new player just the initial cost of time before the fun kicks in. Mini mode? Balanced Lobbies at some point? I understand its beta and there is a limited pool//

Mate - I have spent 1900hours in game and I am still sometimes getting shot from hell knows where... I would say to know 1 single map reasonably well so that you can actually "play-it" you need 100 hours... for 1 map. If I were you I would start in Customs - get customs fully understood and then move to somewhere else.

I have argued for long time that there needs to be some sort of match making, but I was repeatedly told this is not planned and against game goals. Without it this leaves most bizarre learning curve in the game I have ever seen - the newer and less experienced you are the harder it is to play.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:47 AM, TechoverMana said:

One, most won't barter because again, they can't take a bag of rice or alkaline or whatever and use it for the things they want. It's the entire reason why money was made. You think when ISIS talks to Tehran or whatever to get guns, you think they're handing them a truck of chickens or a bunch of energy drinks? No, they're taking cash and if not, you can beat it. 

No - when I say barter I mean it includes the money, perhaps in reality the bartering happens with ammo, explosives, not with rice or alkaline. Although Crude oil is often used as commodity with set value so could be used instead of money.

When it comes to moving goal post I don't know where it started, but the point was that introducing something for the sake of making game harder is stupid. If something is more realistic and harder then it is fine, it is for sake of making game more realistic. What is the worst - making something harder and at the same time making game LESS realistic. Prime example is FIR... which just cannot be explained why it exists... let's say because of reasons.