vilespartan

Serious about cheaters

vilespartan

So I heard a rumor about the fact that your staff spends most of its time dealing with hackers and cheaters.  I run labs here and there and almost never bring anything of great personal value in with me because the hackers in the game still run RAMPANT.  Just tonight I spent a good 5 minutes putting my kit together to go into labs with my friend and not even 3 minutes into the raid I am killed by a guy who immediately head shot me around the corner with a bolt action rifle,  then he does the same thing to my friend.  The guy has no clue we are there because we haven't made hardly any noise.  and he pushed into us.  The best part is the player's name is DMMEFORRUNS.  Now I have been playing this game since almost the beginning and  continue to play it and deal with all the poor decision making, improvements, ups and downs of the game.  The solutions that are chosen to be implemented for various problems genuinely shock me at times but I am not going to get into that here.  But one thing that I absolutely do not understand and am genuinely interested in finding out is why the team has not implemented a "report player" button?  Everyone who plays this game long enough absolutely knows that hackers are an issue in it.  YOUR GAME HAS A REPUTATION FOR HACKERS RUINING IT!!!   One of the game's maps which is a lot of fun to play and a lot of hard work on Battle State's behalf has been undermined because of the overwhelming number of hackers.  If this is such an issue that it renders one of your maps completely subject to if a hacker is on the map or not, then why not get serious about catching these hackers?  You have a vast resource at your hands in the players that can point you to the hackers.  We are the ones that find them everyday and have to die to them.  Why not give us a button that allows us to report the players to you so you can look into the player?  So many games already have this but yet you are yet again behind the curve?   This is a standard feature with other games?  You as a developer should be able to handle that right?  Is there something I am missing here?

Cereaz

The issue here is the LACK / non-existent of immediate bans and lack of feedback if action is done to players who we have reported. 

If a dude is able stream on youtube live show off the hacking programme he is marketing for more then 48 without getting banned. it is a signal to the hacker community that the devs are not doing poo to stop them / can't stop them / don't even care to proactively hand out immediate bans. 

This happened to Pubg, Apex, BF 5 and COD (at least apex realised this much faster then Pubg). 

if this continues, Tarkov will fade away even before it is released.

Harvg123

You should watch the Veritas interview with a banned cheater, pretty informative i enjoyed it 👍

Cereaz

and it that interviewed proved my point exactly.

He was able to play 50 raids (killing players left and right) and 2 days. It took them THAT LONG to ban a player.

And whats more he was doing it blauntly and making it super obvious..

Spartan_Kingz

So often on these forums posters get flack from people stating they dont know what hackers are and that they have barely if ever seen hackers. Hackers are really killing this game. We invest so much time earning money, building top tier guns and kitting out only to lose them to hackers especially on labs.

I have over 2000 hours on this game and 100% tell you that this week alone 50% of my labs runs have had hackers.

I hope that the new report system fixes this as it makes Labs unplayable.

Spartan_Kingz

4 Labs in the last 2 hours and 3 of them hackers. One of the players been hacking all week. This is an absolute joke. How TF can someone hack non-stop without getting banned. They are now Fazing through walls. WTF!!!!

davidj123456

Don't want to see cheaters? Just do not play Labs... That is the only map people even cheat on. On other maps my friends and I come across a cheater in less than 5% of our raids.

This game has an RMT problem... not a cheater problem... as such you'll commonly find any cheaters that do exist farming money on Labs. Most of them do not even want to pvp or fight players...

I have 800 raids this wipe and have only seen fewer than 30 cheaters, most of which were on Labs. I've played on US, EU, and Russian servers... it really is not that bad. Just because someone is better than you does not mean they cheat...

Everyone just complains about everyone cheating now because it has become the norm. So many people complain about everything else as well. Nobody wants to improve at the game, do questing, get better, learn to pvp, etc. They just want to complain and ask for Devs to make the game easier than it is. 12.6 saw the most QoL changes almost ever. It is already too easy now.

On Labs, yes it is a problem, but it is because of RMT, but everywhere else next to nobody has cheats. It is an issue on Labs because of RMT. Just do not play Labs... problem solved.

spyafer
On 7/24/2020 at 7:52 AM, Cereaz said:

He was able to play 50 raids (killing players left and right) and 2 days. It took them THAT LONG to ban a player.

come on, 2 days is not that bad. what would you like them to do, stop making the game and just ban cheaters all day? they're a small company give them a break. if they spend the majority of their time trying to find hackers then just give them the time to do it. be patient. this isn't a huge multi billion dollar company. also you have to remember this is BETA, the game isn't released yet. if there are so many hackers then obviously it isn't that easy to fix which is why they're spending so much time working on it. 

I suggest not playing labs if it really bothers you that much. and if that isn't good enough for you, maybe stop playing until the game is released, because this is just part of beta testing. so they can fix the issues before the game is released.

terrors6781
Posted (edited)

lol you think a button will make a differrence!!  they will add a button and the fact is they dont have the man power or time to follow up the thousands of reports per day

they dont have killcam so replays arent there to prove the persons cheating they dont have time or man power to spectate alleged cheaters

they cant even do stat based bans so what does that tell you!!!!

even if bsg sell currency themselves hackers will still hack and sell it cheaper than bsg like on fifa 😣

Edited by terrors6781
info