Dog Tags?

SovietSpaghetti

Hello EFT Devs, I had the great idea with a friend of mine who I play with on EFT the idea of implimenting a DOG Tags / Tags system...

By this I mean, when on a raid and you kill and actual player and not a NPC, you can see dog tags in there inventory with player name, I.e. then you can distinguish.

Then we had the idea of them being listed in inventory if you get them back safe (and then you can keep them as trophies with details of the player you killed)

• Upvote 14

Great idea, I hope something like this is implemented. Maybe even make it so there's different tags for each faction. I'm no too sure how the Russian ID tags look but I know the Canadian ones are far different than the Americans. 

LORE wise I'm not sure how this would fit. Private military contractors normally try to fly under the radar and roll without any sort of ID unless traveling.

Totally Up for that.

I was thinking exactly this when I got a Dog Tag  from a corpse other day.. I thought they would have some kind of info a name or a number...but it was just an useless item. =(  

yeah agree, dogtags would be cool...

i would suggest that the Dogs from Players should be unique and limited, so in case u go with mates and someone dies or you killing  like rambo, you can either decide 2 returning them to owner and collect Karma for the fractions, or sell them at the black market 2 the origonal owner

so when u go without your own dogtag and finish the raids you get only the half exp or so and with yout dogtag like 1,5 some like that..

and something like a keyring would be awesome

Edited by Kickin
  • Upvote 1

imagine we can collect them , and sell them to other players , killing some pro and make it listed on your profile wall , that will be a fun details to the game  +Rep to the idea :) 

• 5 months later...

I like this idea.

I don't think you need to able to take them per se, rather just be able to read them on the body or just be able to identify the body some other way if not dog tags specifically. Would be nice to know to whom the body belongs.

I think they should add like an exclusive area in the stash for this, and make it unlimited, but I don't think there should be any perks for having one. I also don't think you should be able to buy or sell them, as that's disrespectful to the person you killed, in a sense that would be like selling their very soul. I think it should just be collection and nothing more.

But +1 this notion!