A SAD Tarkov montage

Jihad_Joe

GhostZ69

Yes, that truly does show the sad state of the game.  Especially right here.  That just shows exactly how far from a "realistic hardcore" shooter we are.  Two broken legs and they just continue to run and sprint and dodge back and forth with the ADADAD spam like nothing ever happened.

But I guess he licked a little Vaseline right before that, so that makes it ok.  ROFL

14 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Yes, that truly does show the sad state of the game.  Especially right here.  That just shows exactly how far from a "realistic hardcore" shooter we are.  Two broken legs and they just continue to run and sprint and dodge back and forth with the ADADAD spam like nothing ever happened.

But I guess he licked a little Vaseline right before that, so that makes it ok.  ROFL

You lick the Vaseline? damn that must be why I keep dying to small falls like that 

GhostZ69
20 minutes ago, Doodles135 said:

You lick the Vaseline? damn that must be why I keep dying to small falls like that 

Slurp slurp.  Get hit by a train and both legs chopped off?  It's fine.  CMS it and slap a slice of cheese on it and finish that bunny hopping marathon.

Jihad_Joe
2 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

Tbh I shouldn't even break my legs from a small jump like that. Besides irl operators have done some insane things to to survive jumping of a 1st floor balcony isn't even that insane.

14 minutes ago, Jihad_Joe said:

Tbh I shouldn't even break my legs from a small jump like that.

3-5 meters straight to asphalt in full combat gear + pack bag and loot? Sure your bones might not break but the amount of pressure your joints are in you ain't walking it off, let alone running. I've always presumed "broken" status on limbs simulates not only broken bones but sprained joints also.

17 minutes ago, Jihad_Joe said:

Besides irl operators have done some insane things to to survive jumping of a 1st floor balcony isn't even that insane.

Situationally, no they don't.Operators in full combat gear don't do that kind of things unless they absolutely must and then its not to get a tactical position on hostiles but rather taking a high chance of serious injury to escape. The chance of serious injury is too high to try to achieve tactical advantage like that. Stop using movies as a reference point.

Jihad_Joe
5 minutes ago, Yeavo said:

Situationally, no they don't.Operators in full combat gear don't do that kind of things unless they absolutely must and then its not to get a tactical position on hostiles but rather taking a high chance of serious injury to escape. The chance of serious injury is too high to try to achieve tactical advantage like that. Stop using movies as a reference point.

I'm not even using movies as a reference point here. Sure most of it is to get to safety but that doesn't change the fact jumping off a balcony in light gear and continueing is done by operators and drugged up insurgents. Besides this is a game if you can do something to gain a advantage that is unconventional irl it will be used.

2 minutes ago, Jihad_Joe said:

Sure most of it is to get to safety but that doesn't change the fact jumping off a balcony in light gear and continueing is done by operators and drugged up insurgents.

And usually that doesn't end well. Of course there are exceptions but real life is too complicated to be accurately simulated in a video game environment.

3 minutes ago, Jihad_Joe said:

Besides this is a game if you can do something to gain a advantage that is unconventional irl it will be used.

And if this game had unconventional jetpacks everyone would be using those to their advantage. Wouldn't call it realistic though.

I still rather enjoyed the video so thanks for that.

Jihad_Joe
Just now, Yeavo said:

And usually that doesn't end well. Of course there are exceptions but real life is too complicated to be accurately simulated in a video game environment.

Well it could have been worse if he wasn't reloading.

Glad you liked it :)

GhostZ69
48 minutes ago, Jihad_Joe said:

Tbh I shouldn't even break my legs from a small jump like that. Besides irl operators have done some insane things to to survive jumping of a 1st floor balcony isn't even that insane.

That is NOT the point.  You DID break both your legs.  You should NOT have been able to continue on.  That is the point.  That is the unrealistic junk that needs to be gotten rid of.

Jihad_Joe
1 minute ago, GhostZ69 said:

That is NOT the point.  You DID break both your legs.  You should NOT have been able to continue on.  That is the point.  That is the unrealistic junk that needs to be gotten rid of.

If you want to be realistic I shouldn't even break my legs from such a small jump.

GhostZ69
4 minutes ago, Jihad_Joe said:

If you want to be realistic I shouldn't even break my legs from such a small jump.

If you want to be realistic you CAN break your leg just walking down the street.  I have actually physically watched my sister break her leg walking on a sidewalk.  

Is it likely?  Nope.  Again, that is NOT the issue.  The issue is you DID.  How can you not understand that?

1 minute ago, Jihad_Joe said:

Realistically your angles possibly knees and even wrists (human tend to tumble and try to use their hands to stop their fall when falling from relatively short heights) would be busted. You would have dropped your weapon so that could be possibly busted debending whether its in a sling and what kind of sling it is and how tight is it.

I know it is a game but what I am saying is its immersion breaking for me. When I was sold a "uncompromisingly realistic hardcore shooter". This wasn't what I was expecting. Quite frankly I was expecting a old school Red Storm era Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon with survival elements.

Jihad_Joe
1 minute ago, GhostZ69 said:

If you want to be realistic you CAN break your leg just walking down the street.  I have actually physically watched my sister break her leg walking on a sidewalk.  

Is it likely?  Nope.  Again, that is NOT the issue.  The issue is you DID.  How can you not understand that?

And I walked around with a broken femur for one and a half week, so what is your point? The entire point is that 9/10 times you would be able to make this jump without any complications which makes it plausible to do.

GhostZ69
2 minutes ago, Jihad_Joe said:

And I walked around with a broken femur for one and a half week, so what is your point? The entire point is that 9/10 times you would be able to make this jump without any complications which makes it plausible to do.

No, it's not the point.  You cannot see the point.  I am done.  Have a great day.

10 minutes ago, Jihad_Joe said:

The entire point is that 9/10 times you would be able to make this jump without any complications which makes it plausible to do.

You're not really counting in the added weight of your gear. Individual item doesn't weight much but it really adds up. Plus it really restricts you finer movements. When I was younger I did parkour but when I was serving I would've never considered doing those stunts with my combat gear on. Jumping off a balcony like that could be done by a hatchling/pistolero but throw in a rifle, few fully loaded magazines, a combat vest, a plate carrier, two main plates (and possible side and shoulder plates), a helmet and a packbag and we're talking about extra few dozen kilograms. That weight is going to break things when falling and coming to a sudden stop.

Edited by Yeavo
Jihad_Joe
1 minute ago, Yeavo said:

Jumping off a balcony like that could be done by a hatchling/pistolero but throw in a rifle, few fully loaded magazines, a combat vest, a plate carrier, two main plates (and possible side and shoulder plates), a helmet and a packbag and we're talking about extra few dozen kilograms. That weight is going to break things when falling and coming to a sudden stop.

We would need a good inertia system and some new animations to make it work like that tbh. This would also make pistols a bit more usefull for once.

Just now, Jihad_Joe said:

We would need a good inertia system and some new animations to make it work like that tbh. This would also make pistols a bit more usefull for once.

Yeah a decent inertia system would really solve a lot of problems we have in this game in the immersion department. ADADAD -spam f.ex. I also like the idea that going in light would really become a tactical choice rather than this "shunned poor-mans/cowards approach" its currently perceived as by fully geared thicc boys.

Jihad_Joe
4 minutes ago, Yeavo said:

Yeah a decent inertia system would really solve a lot of problems we have in this game in the immersion department. ADADAD -spam f.ex. I also like the idea that going in light would really become a tactical choice rather than this "shunned poor-mans/cowards approach" its currently perceived as by fully geared thicc boys.

It would also partially fix the jiggle peaking with 200 ping issue partially. Not sure why they increased the ADAD speed a while ago tho.

4 minutes ago, Muckilein said:

@Jihad_Joe

wow great work...killing player with meta weapons and mega zoom....wow thats realy sad.

Using a ADAR with a cheap scope is meta confirmed. (ps most of these weapons aren't even meta)

9 minutes ago, Jihad_Joe said:

Not sure why they increased the ADAD speed a while ago tho.

Probably because the COD -crowd kept complaining about "sluggish" movement on reddit. It's reddit though, no matter what BSG does redditors will poo on them regardless.

Edited by Yeavo
Jihad_Joe
14 minutes ago, Yeavo said:

Probably because the COD -crowd kept complaining about "sluggish" movement on reddit. It's reddit though, no matter what BSG does redditors will poo on them regardless.

Well due to this this game plays even more like cod if you are good at the game. It just turns into ffa with a looting minigame.