otavioc

Ping limit

otavioc

As a returning player I can no longer play the game because of the new "ping limits". After doing some research I though the limit was 250ms but even with 180ms I'm getting disconnected constantly from the server. Is this ever getting addressed? 

htanmsa
4 hours ago, otavioc said:

As a returning player I can no longer play the game because of the new "ping limits". After doing some research I though the limit was 250ms but even with 180ms I'm getting disconnected constantly from the server. Is this ever getting addressed? 

i think its  still at 165. not sure with the latest update

xiangbb

It is 165 right now. It really stop me playing this game with my friends. -_-

davidj123456

I do not see why anyone needs more than 150...
When I was in Central US I was able to play on EU servers just fine, and the other way around...

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

otavioc

Maybe it's enough for you, but there are hundreds if not thousands of players being affected by this, so 150 is clearly not enough.

DukeLander

But if you play with such a high ping, you have big advantage against other PMC's, especially if they are stationary and you are moving.

Why you have so high ping?

ferguswag
Posted (edited)

There are lots of servers to choose from. Look through the list of them in the launcher and select the ones that aren't going to lag you out at 165.

Edited by ferguswag

madisu
On 7/30/2020 at 10:30 AM, DukeLander said:

But if you play with such a high ping, you have big advantage against other PMC's, especially if they are stationary and you are moving.

Why you have so high ping?

Actually, this has been debunked.

I would like to be able to play with my friends in other countries. I'm barely able to stay connected. Most times I have to reconnect because I'm hovering 165. It's frustrating, and it keeps me from enjoying the game with my friends.

Madiakz
39 minutes ago, madisu said:

Actually, this has been debunked.

A high ping can affect a player I'm terms of synchronisation with the server, giving someone an advantage.

• Confused 1

DukeLander

I see. Even crappiest games are good with friends :)

Try Speedify, maybe it can help with connection stabilization.

Pylock
On 7/28/2020 at 4:39 AM, davidj123456 said:

I do not see why anyone needs more than 150...
When I was in Central US I was able to play on EU servers just fine, and the other way around...

This is a very good day for me  I am in Alaska I have 1 Gig down with 250 MB upload any other games I play wow 20-30 ping connecting east cost with 70 to east coast, same for pubg, in tarkov it is rare I ever see ping below 90.  Weekends I can only connect to Seattle/cally server, even central is borked.

This becomes even more of a problem when I group with people in central or east-coast.  As me and east coast buddy both have to connect to Cally to play i get 90 ping he gets like 110.

Before you go off on a better internet rant I will point out that every other service I connect to is sub 80 ping.  I also have a ton friends still active duty that play and they all agree playing with anyone in a different time zone does not work well unless you are ether east coast or central.  My buddy in Spain could connect to any servers in centeral EU and thats literally less then 2000 KM geographically.  Seeign as Earth is roughly 40,000 KM around I find it sad Tarkov cant sync 2 players less 2k apart when eveyr other game i play i can connect 20,000+ away still be under 200 ping. Ping.PNG.86af3724af37908c9ef287b95028c3e7.PNG