Permaban for getting account hacked?

llamav4

Hi guys. Huge tarkov fan here. I stream it full time. several thousand hours in game

i know hackers are an issue- and I know bsg is doing what they can to fight against them - and I’m glad for that. 

it’s come to my attention that one of my viewers that I play with on the regular was permabanned and the explanation given to him was - his account was hacked - then used for hacking.... I get closing down his account. Until the account is no longer comprised... but permaban the account? I understand the need to close the account immediately and the account was closed out immediately after detecting hacks- that’s great detection and prevention. But now this friend of mine can no longer access the account he put 1000 hours into and it’s lost forever... seems unfair. Can’t y’all just lock the account until the owner changes the password or something?

id love to see his account restored. What can be done?

he was told account security was his responsibility. Sure easy to say until it happens to you. Hasn’t BSG lifted bans on some larger streamers who got hacked? Why the double standard? What can we do here?

• Sad 2

Who is to prove he did not just cheat himself... get banned... and then say someone else did it...

For all I care it could be his pet hermit crab cheating...

I think they should definitely install something that would ip log when someone entered the game and they can simply add it in the user agreements to help combat hacking in this game.  With ip logging they could simply see where the account was signed in from and know immediately. "But this game is in the Beta."

Unfortunately, the EULA/TOS does not make distinction between the person who cheats and the owner of the account. As long as that account was used for cheating, and detected, it will be banned.

At theend of the day, account security is the responsibility of the user as there are already several ways to secure it provided by BSG.

What your friend can do is appeal to BE & BSG through the official channels and see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Apacolypso said:

I think they should definitely install something that would ip log when someone entered the game and they can simply add it in the user agreements to help combat hacking in this game.  With ip logging they could simply see where the account was signed in from and know immediately. "But this game is in the Beta."

People could use a VPN or a Proxy and just claim they were hacked. HWID bans would be a good solution to cheating, though. Idk if they already issue them out.

4 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

People could use a VPN or a Proxy and just claim they were hacked. HWID bans would be a good solution to cheating, though. Idk if they already issue them out.

I agree although hardware id spoofing is not much harder

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i used to play on an account called kellenthemellon. It was banned wrongly because it was hacked, i lost the password and havent been able to use the account. someone was playing on it and i havent been able to play the game at all my account was stolen and i keep contacting support but i keep getting automated emails and dead end answers i really need help. they said to contact battleeye but all i get is robotic responses and i am starting to really be mad that i have not recieved any sort of support response for 6 months. i really need help. thanks

• 1 year later...

I'm exactly with the same problem, I've been playing this game for 2 years rigorously, and I've been hacked last month.

My tarkov account was one of the things that were hacked, changed the password and about 2 to 3 hours after that I received an email saying that I was permanently banned from the game.

I still have access to my mail that is still associated with the game just want to change the password and I can not because I am banned. My account had 2 authentication factors and they still did it.

I just wanted to know if there's any way I could get my account back.

And before some of you came to talk I had no malware or anything on my computer had a good  password and had the authentication factor. 

20 minutes ago, HomboCombo15 said:

I'm exactly with the same problem, I've been playing this game for 2 years rigorously, and I've been hacked last month.

My tarkov account was one of the things that were hacked, changed the password and about 2 to 3 hours after that I received an email saying that I was permanently banned from the game.

I still have access to my mail that is still associated with the game just want to change the password and I can not because I am banned. My account had 2 authentication factors and they still did it.

I just wanted to know if there's any way I could get my account back.

And before some of you came to talk I had no malware or anything on my computer had a good  password and had the authentication factor. 

Please read the post by @ShiroTenshi - you will find your answer to your question there.

50 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

Please read the post by @ShiroTenshi - you will find your answer to your question there.

What are and where are the official channels? I know only the game not the forums :,C

1 hour ago, HomboCombo15 said:

What are and where are the official channels? I know only the game not the forums :,C

For any and all ban appeals please contact Battleye directly:

https://www.battleye.com/support/

If, and when you get a reply from BE stating that you have been unbanned, then you will be able to get in contact with BSG support through here:

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/support/contact

Without a reply from BE mentioned above, you will not get unbanned.

Kind Regards

On 7/31/2020 at 8:49 AM, ShiroTenshi said:

At theend of the day, account security is the responsibility of the user as there are already several ways to secure it provided by BSG.

I completely agree, so after reading your post and realising that a potential permaban is the risk for someone breaking my password I tried to activate some form of MFA - but I don't see one.

It seems to me that the only form of security the end user has available to them to manage is their username & password.

3 hours ago, Aazatgrabya said:

I completely agree, so after reading your post and realising that a potential permaban is the risk for someone breaking my password I tried to activate some form of MFA - but I don't see one.

It seems to me that the only form of security the end user has available to them to manage is their username & password.

there is 2factor in the security settings of the account

9 minutes ago, captainrussia21 said:

there is 2factor in the security settings of the account

lol, I looked for them and couldn't see them for some reason.  I see them now. 😳

• Upvote 1

On 3/10/2022 at 6:40 PM, ShiroTenshi said:

For any and all ban appeals please contact Battleye directly:

https://www.battleye.com/support/

If, and when you get a reply from BE stating that you have been unbanned, then you will be able to get in contact with BSG support through here:

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/support/contact

Without a reply from BE mentioned above, you will not get unbanned.

Kind Regards

As you said, without a reply from BE I will not get Unbanned. I tried to contact BE, and I´m still waiting  several weeks for a response. I think its the end for me, it has been a pleasure playing this game and enjoyed getting stressed out because a 5 man squad was after me or because I´m just a noob. I just fell/felt helpless in all this process, at least I got contact from you :,D.

Best Wishes.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I had my account stolen! I had to create a new account to create this answer and access the forum. 1 I had my account stolen, 2 I got banned because the thief cheated with my account, 3 it is impossible to get an answer from the staff. I paid for my game, 70 euros! Today it is taken away from me when I am not responsible. If one day you have your car stolen, and the thief runs over and kills people, is it yours, the owner of the car, to go to jail? I do not think so! Moreover, I would add that if we compare battlestate to a random application like steam... Well, we realize that the tools to protect your account are much more numerous and efficient. I would add that the steam staff, to name a few, are more attentive to their customers. I posted 3 reminders to recover my account and still no response. 70 euros for a game and also a service! Where is the service? I want my account back and I want Battlestate to help me make it safer! All this is not normal! Can a competent person answer my request! Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Rivat said:

Hello everyone, I had my account stolen! I had to create a new account to create this answer and access the forum. 1 I had my account stolen, 2 I got banned because the thief cheated with my account, 3 it is impossible to get an answer from the staff. I paid for my game, 70 euros! Today it is taken away from me when I am not responsible. If one day you have your car stolen, and the thief runs over and kills people, is it yours, the owner of the car, to go to jail? I do not think so! Moreover, I would add that if we compare battlestate to a random application like steam... Well, we realize that the tools to protect your account are much more numerous and efficient. I would add that the steam staff, to name a few, are more attentive to their customers. I posted 3 reminders to recover my account and still no response. 70 euros for a game and also a service! Where is the service? I want my account back and I want Battlestate to help me make it safer! All this is not normal! Can a competent person answer my request! Thanks in advance.

A car is not a game account.

There are many tools available to you to secure your account, such as using a strong password in combination with two-factor authentication, as well as securing your e-mail. All of this is your responsibility.

Otherwise it would be a very easy loophole for cheaters to start claiming that "it wasn't me, someone hacked my account" every time they got banned.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

So that's how customers are treated. You insulted them as cheaters, liars... You discharge yourself of all responsibility when your security systems are destroyed by potential hackers. A car is not a game account? what difference does it make? My account is stolen and behind I am banned by a psychorigid system. Buy a game the eyes of the head for the only one that I need the staff to insult me like that! it is truly scandalous. You don't even want to go deeper, give me a chance. What a mentality! It's totally unfair. Are you the competent person? Nice advertisement for your game. What do you want me to say, keep losing customers, you seem good at it.

• Sad 3

I add that you lose me as a client, but the pirate who hacked my account, you will keep him! He must have fun sabotaging your infallible game.

17 minutes ago, Rivat said:

So that's how customers are treated. You insulted them as cheaters, liars... You discharge yourself of all responsibility when your security systems are destroyed by potential hackers. A car is not a game account? what difference does it make? My account is stolen and behind I am banned by a psychorigid system. Buy a game the eyes of the head for the only one that I need the staff to insult me like that! it is truly scandalous. You don't even want to go deeper, give me a chance. What a mentality! It's totally unfair. Are you the competent person? Nice advertisement for your game. What do you want me to say, keep losing customers, you seem good at it.

We do not have any proof your account was indeed hacked.

18 minutes ago, Rivat said:

I add that you lose me as a client, but the pirate who hacked my account, you will keep him! He must have fun sabotaging your infallible game.

They don't give a damn they already got your money, the same thing happened to me because their data gets breached by russian hackers. Chrome said two of my passwords were compromised only my gmail and EFT password was compromised. If you were unfortunate enough like me to have the same password for your email as well they will hijack that too and start stealing everything they can. I kept getting Russian emails and I had to kicked the russian ip address off my email before securinv it. I had to go through hell recovering my steam, epic games account etc. I have recovered everything, the only account I can't recover is EFT and I guess they manage to somehow ban it in 10 mins it was stolen because I tried resetting my password and it said my account was permanently blocked. My guess is the location difference got me banned and BSG doesn't know why I am banned. Also battleye is a joke. You will not get a response... EVER. 

Edited by Incited2

Lol what even is this discussion? Should have secured your account.

How are the devs to know whether Clara hacked your account or if you did it yourself?

NO-PIN-OR-PASSWORD-meme.jpg-.jpg

• Cold 1

Hi,
This discussion is a demonstration of what can happen to all BSG customers. You have your account stolen, and yes.. It happens! And behind you take a permaban because the account thief cheated with your account.
Unable to prove your innocence, you spent 70 euros in the wind. Developers say in their defense "you have double authentication, you can't have your account stolen!" and Hop the turn is played. They won't bother trying to find out if you're telling the truth, they don't care, the money they already have... How do you expect me to take it?
I observe that I am not given any chance to prove that I am telling the truth and in any case... They cannot know it, since everything leads to believe that they do not have the tools to understand such information. I am thrown sentences like "Nothing proves that you are telling the truth..." But how is it constructive to say that? I see that I am talking to a wall so I will stop there... I regret to see that the security of our accounts is so limited, that BSG accounts are so exposed to hacking. I also regret to see that there are no appropriate solutions to my problem... This problem could be yours tomorrow, don't doubt it, being hacked does not only happen to others!
In any case, I will not fail to make my experience on the networks, I think that my story may interest more than one, no offense.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 4:42 PM, Apacolypso said:

Wait what? I use VPN for everyday use on everything thats not gaming... and you come here making it something suspicious... I would never play with VPN because of ping but don't start with making something suspicious because of IP. That is such a bad development on "security" ideas. It does only help all the data aggregation which kills privacy. 

Edited by sightseeer