DaVeZeD

killed by a uknown thing on customs.

DaVeZeD

so i was running an exploring the new customs expansion. and from out of nowhere somebody one shoot me when i was in a bush. then i checked who killed me and it was KIA and no player or scav name. i checked what ammo i got hit by and it said (sniper shot). is it something new? just asking and i dont know if i am in the right section.

calj1971

same happened to me last night on new customs section ..i was shot and killed ...no report button.. tbh i thought i just got sniped ..but was strange no report button and just said KIA ...not happened b4 or since ..but saying that i aint been customs since

DaVeZeD
1 hour ago, calj1971 said:

same happened to me last night on new customs section ..i was shot and killed ...no report button.. tbh i thought i just got sniped ..but was strange no report button and just said KIA ...not happened b4 or since ..but saying that i aint been customs since

i think its a bug or a new system, like if you go outside the map area you will get shot by a sniper.

TheWhistler
Posted (edited)

You are correct DaVeZeD, it acts like the snipers on Reserve. If you travel too far out of the map in certain areas that it "allows" you to, you will get killed by a sniper (there are signs when you get too close to one of these areas).

Edited by TheWhistler

Orcrist641

And to add, my understanding is that this also happens in the SE corner of Shoreline

DaVeZeD
21 hours ago, TheWhistler said:

You are correct DaVeZeD, it acts like the snipers on Reserve. If you travel too far out of the map in certain areas that it "allows" you to, you will get killed by a sniper (there are signs when you get too close to one of these areas).

but devs dident tell us. havent heard about that thing before.

TheWhistler
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DaVeZeD said:

but devs dident tell us. havent heard about that thing before.

It would be a lot of work for the devs to tell us absolutely everything, they like letting us discover things on our own. Plus, it was already on another map. As long as you are cautious you will see the signs that warn you that you are entering a snipers territory (or leaving the map). As long as you don't keep going that way, you will not be killed by one of them (apart from the actual scav snipers).

Edited by TheWhistler

TUALMASOK

It's snipers on the railway leading out of the new expansion. My first game in I found that out the hard way, but I thought it was hilarious. The place people get killed on Shoreline is the landmine area.

FortunateSon_Oo

Thats so incredibly stupid. They have invisible walls everywhere, even in the new expansion, and what do they do instead of adding an invisible wall or telling us? you DIE when you step out of bounds. No warning message like in battlefield, no nothing. I made a huge play and killed a heavily geared player who killed my friend in a gunfight, was running with his gear down the railroad tracks of new customs, and I was wondering if the MASSIVE hole in the wall that they added was possibly a shortcut to old construction or something like that, as thats kind of what it looked like. Nope, invisible wall there and two shot death by a god sniper. I dont have the money or the morale to do this poo..

• Sad 1

Longshort

Just died to this poo for fucksake atleast reserve has a huge ass barbed wire and mine signs 

Atleast put a sign or something don't make a huge area just to get trolled like wtf 

Harvg123
On 7/30/2020 at 6:48 PM, Orcrist641 said:

And to add, my understanding is that this also happens in the SE corner of Shoreline

I cant recall ever seeing this I just run into invisible walls, you mean by CCP temp exfil yeah?

J.P

Yeah this just happened to me, was like, ooo never been this way before, lets see whats down here, then got two tapped xD 

Would of maybe been able to see these signs and what have you if It wasn't night time but oh well...

Anyone know if you get your insured gear at least?

ParkChaops
On 9/22/2020 at 3:26 AM, J.P said:

Yeah this just happened to me, was like, ooo never been this way before, lets see whats down here, then got two tapped xD 

Would of maybe been able to see these signs and what have you if It wasn't night time but oh well...

Anyone know if you get your insured gear at least?

Yes you do get your items back. I Killa Armor and everything. Got it all back.

• Thanks 1