phill__

Unable to reliably play since 12.6 due to "Server Connection Lost"

phill__

Hello,

Every since patch 12.6 or changes to server encryption I am unable to go a full raid without disconnecting multiple times due to "server connection lost". I have never been disconnected with the error "poor connection quality".

I have played EFT off and on since August 2018 and have never experienced connection related problems like this before.  I have not moved and my internet has stayed the same since August 2018. I live on the east coast of Canada and use Bell Fibre internet and an ethernet cable.

I have tested every single recommended fix I could find on the forums / reddit and nothing has been able to resolve this issue but I will list out what I have tried in case someone else is going through this as well, hopefully something here can help you.

- Disable IPV6 internet protocol on your network adaptor
874869210_tarkoverroripv6.png.8aa084afc5d4d786e23e73f7fc9600f3.png

- Manually select the 3 lowest ping severs from the EFT launcher instead of using "automatic server selection"

-Disable windows firewall while playing EFT OR  Add exceptions for the following processes:
  EscapeFromTarkov.exe
  Escape From Tarkov_BE
  Battleye Launcher

-Port Forwarding
 While (attempting to) playing EFT and monitoring network traffic I've seen the following ports in use by EFT so I just took a very broad "shotgun" approach and opened up any ports EFT was using. The ports / port ranges I have opened are:
  17000-17100
  49000-51000
  52000-59000

- Use a VPN
  Using a VPN in theory could bypass routing problems being caused by your isp. I tried NordVPN and experienced no improvements in EFT but hey at least now I can watch EU netflix.

-Reinstall the game / check game integrity from the EFT launcher
 I noticed that after getting kicked from "server connection lost" sometimes in the console I would see a string of messages but I do not know their meaning and I still receive them after reinstalling / verifying the game.
1253130183_tarkoverror.thumb.PNG.63ca0bb9541fb76e9396c71b20e93d4d.PNG

That's all I have right now. Here's a screenshot of me in game and running windows resource monitor moments before getting disconnected.
641843682_tarkoverror2.thumb.png.076a6392946ee4220317c583a5a638fd.png

If anyone has any ideas of more fixes I could try or if you are having this problem too please let me know.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

zhandaxia

Starting at 4 o'clock on July 29th, Beijing time, once I entered the game, the server connection was interrupted. However, warehouses, hideouts, and flea markets can all be used normally. I also used various methods, but still no effect, hundreds of people showed up this situation in China,may be more.

dadadayuer

很多玩家都出现这种情况,为什么尼基塔还没有修复呢

• Sad 1

Sackenhaus

I have the same issue - Though I just started playing, I was able to enter and complete raids without issue. Now, since the patch, I get continually DC'd with the same message as the OP..

dadadayuer

尼基塔看一下服务器,就应该知道至少有好几千的玩家因为频繁掉线的原因无法正常游戏,请尽快修复一下

Sackenhaus

One other thing that I have noticed - when i un-click the use Auto Server Selection - I cannot choose ANY servers. I can click on a servers box but there isn't any check mark in the box. It will only allow me to Check mark  "Use Auto Server Selection"

I have reinstalled already and still cannot do this. No probs prior to the patch.

Cheers

Sack

LenzOA

i got the same problem for a couple of weeks now. but it only happens like every 5-10 raids. sometimes it happens again while i try to load into the raid back in. is there an solution or can someone point at the problem?

USendintheWolf

I'm having the same issue.  several raids per day i get server connection lost and come back dead.  I've done all the same things as the OP and still have this problem regularly.  It's ridiculous in my opinion that this LONG STANDING PROBLEM has not been directly addressed by the devs.   

phill__

an update - 

This is honestly ridiculous.

Still haven't been able to resolve this issue. I have tried many smaller tweaks such as updating my network adapter drivers and then when that did not work I did a full uninstall and reinstall of my network adapter drivers and nothing has fixed this issue. If anything I feel like this issue is getting worse as now I always lose connection within the first 1-2 minutes of the raid, every single raid without fail.

There is quite literally nothing more I can do on my end apart from switching ISP to see if that even helps which is a non option due to the limited choices in my area and quite frankly is absurd that i have seen people suggest doing that. To go through the entire headache of switching to a new provider, having to be home for someone to come install the router/ equipment (because I totally don't have a job that I have to go to every day) all to play a video game is ridiculous when this is clearly an issue on Battle State Games' end and I have yet to see or receive any kind of communication that this issue is even being acknowledged.

Whatever they implemented with this new encryption and server ping limit has essentially cut off a  portion of the playerbase who have internet that isn't  google fibre and 1000% perfect 24/7 rendering the game unplayable and denying them of their purchase.

The next step for me is to look into how I can do a chargeback on my credit card and maybe I'll consider re-purchasing if this mess of a game is ever released. I recommend anyone else experiencing similar issues to do the same because BSG clearly does not care now that they have our money in their pocket.

• Upvote 2

billy_dee
Posted (edited)

I play with two other friends, and every single time one of us disconnects from server issues, we all do. The server ping for all of us spikes to 250-400, back to 60, ad nauseam until it boots us for our connections, usually at the same time.

We have different ISPs, we have different builds, routers, port forwarding. This has to be server sided. We all DC at the exact same time, we can see it happening through discord streaming too.

EDIT: We all game around 7pm CST only on servers that have 80 or less ms ping through the server launcher, not auto select.

Edited by billy_dee

billy_dee

Sorry about the double post but @phill__

StLouis USA server is spiking constantly from 30ms to 500ms in the server launcher. It's only been happening recently, so maybe stop using that one for while :shrug:

zaasxkp

Been having the same issue as OP, since the last major update, to this day. Tried all of OP's fixes and still completely unplayable.