Bjason1

Scav Aimbots

Bjason1

Some of the new scavs are literally just aimbots.  I like being more strategic, but occasionally you encounter one that you can't peak, or run from, or move from cover to cover, or even crawl away from.  They are literally aimbots and the moment they see a piece of your body in their vision they shoot it instantly.

That's not really fun.  It's like a luck of the draw thing and when it happens you're just dead.  

Other than that I love 12.7, but they need to turn down the aimbot on the scavs because it's kind of unrealistic.

• Upvote 1

short_FUZE

Loving the new scav AI - Well done BSG!

Finally scavs are not easy to kill and serve as a real challenge.

Also you should try using the search function to see if someone has already started a thread about the same topic.

• Upvote 2

Provning4

How are they a challenge? They still do nothing or onetap you with buckshot from 50m. Just like before...

Not much of a challenge is it ?

They only made it harder for player scavs to tell if other scavs are AI or players.

DukeLander

You are running in mid gear, you hear scav yelling far away, you turn to look where is he, he is running towards you and you see just few pixels and bam, one shot in head...

I am more afraid of scavs now :)

DissAbledGamer
1 hour ago, DukeLander said:

You are running in mid gear, you hear scav yelling far away, you turn to look where is he, he is running towards you and you see just few pixels and bam, one shot in head...

I am more afraid of scavs now :)

They have nvidia filter too, don't forget that, as they can see you in the pitch black of twilight at 3 am when everything is blacked out. They will see one pixel of you behind a bush and either 1 tap you or blackout your limbs. They are scarier than some cheaters now, and they actually act like some cheaters that pretend to not know where you are and snap on you the moment a part of you is exposed from behind cover from 50m away lol. 

Reymt
Posted (edited)

The scavs were made more powerful, not smarter or more realistic. I got killed one time, and shot multiple times by bots I couldnt even ducking see because they were behind a TON of foliage. Also with one I did see, I got one hit killed a second later, because thats fun too.

First time I literally heard em yelling in front of me, cant see them because of vegetation, and then gut shot multiple times till I die, without ever seeing them.

Atm Im trying to get back into Tarkov after a while, and they are just a giant pain in the ass. Just more bullshit to deal with. Like how is bullshit like this still happening in Tarkov? Or are they now really just developing for the hardcore crowd and nobody else?

Edited by Reymt

davidj123456

Stop peeking them from the same location.

LaFotoAsesina
On 7/31/2020 at 2:50 AM, Reymt said:

The scavs were made more powerful, not smarter or more realistic. I got killed one time, and shot multiple times by bots I couldnt even ducking see because they were behind a TON of foliage. Also with one I did see, I got one hit killed a second later, because thats fun too.

First time I literally heard em yelling in front of me, cant see them because of vegetation, and then gut shot multiple times till I die, without ever seeing them.

Atm Im trying to get back into Tarkov after a while, and they are just a giant pain in the ass. Just more bullshit to deal with. Like how is bullshit like this still happening in Tarkov? Or are they now really just developing for the hardcore crowd and nobody else?

They seem broken to me.

looking at a scav easy 200m away whilst prone behind some folieage at dawn, all blacked out.... 

Scav just tuns and starts shooting, landed 2 out of 3 hits from his mp133

I like that now they are harder to differenciate between scav players and scavs as their behaviour has changed as well, not sure if I would call them smarter, but less bot like.

They should tone the terminator hitscan down though, specially if you are objetively not being an absolute elephant in a china shop and are forced to run for cover like a headless chicken so you can be killed by another scav 100m away who just head you run.

Van_Hellspit

I get what you mean m8, i got killed by a shotgun scav who was on top of the watch tower on the way to road to customs, it was pitch black and he shon his mighty scav tourch at me and boom, head shot. I do think they require a little tweeking, however, they are no where near as bad as the termination scavs of 2018.

Scav should get harder and should be feared just as much as other player. 

LaFotoAsesina
12 minutes ago, Van_Hellspit said:

I get what you mean m8, i got killed by a shotgun scav who was on top of the watch tower on the way to road to customs, it was pitch black and he shon his mighty scav tourch at me and boom, head shot. I do think they require a little tweeking, however, they are no where near as bad as the termination scavs of 2018.

Scav should get harder and should be feared just as much as other player. 

First thing I'd do (obviously not a dev so I'm talking out of my ass) Is try make it consistent. Want scavs to be a challenge, not something to disregard as just a sitting duck? Cool... but make them always be like that, not sometimes be a pinata waiting to be smashed for nice loot and other times a ducking T10000. Or a reasonable range for unpredictability but not THAT much.

Secondly, for us newbies, have some sort of servers or lobbys that are level locked like in R6Siege, to try even out the playfield a bit.

Im sure the pro Chads love to kill newbies but I am also sure that gets boring if nobody poses a challenge.

And to us newbies, always being onetapped from "nowhere" doesnt make us learn anything really.

Making it in such a way that you can play with people on your sort of bracket, or at least keep the pros out of you raids if you want to will make the game more enjoyable and wed be able to actually learn something from it and play it the way its intented to be played.

Otherwise we will all leave eventually when the skill difference is so big between us noobs and the pros that the game will just lose its appeal.

davidj123456
15 hours ago, LaFotoAsesina said:

First thing I'd do (obviously not a dev so I'm talking out of my ass) Is try make it consistent. Want scavs to be a challenge, not something to disregard as just a sitting duck? Cool... but make them always be like that, not sometimes be a pinata waiting to be smashed for nice loot and other times a ducking T10000. Or a reasonable range for unpredictability but not THAT much.

Secondly, for us newbies, have some sort of servers or lobbys that are level locked like in R6Siege, to try even out the playfield a bit.

Im sure the pro Chads love to kill newbies but I am also sure that gets boring if nobody poses a challenge.

And to us newbies, always being onetapped from "nowhere" doesnt make us learn anything really.

Making it in such a way that you can play with people on your sort of bracket, or at least keep the pros out of you raids if you want to will make the game more enjoyable and wed be able to actually learn something from it and play it the way its intented to be played.

Otherwise we will all leave eventually when the skill difference is so big between us noobs and the pros that the game will just lose its appeal.

All the "pro chads" seem to have learned it... why can't you...?

• Sad 2

LaFotoAsesina
Posted (edited)

Who said I can't?

Seriously I do pity you.

The insecurity issues you try to mask with you avatar....

That insufferable need of yours to belittle absolutely everyone you have an online interaction with.

We get it, you play the game and you think you are the best at it (spare me the humble brag you want to answer this with, been around the block enough to know your type)

I do hope this is just your online persona and you behave differently IRL or you will end all alone if you arent so already.

Now, if you honestly do want to help people improve in the game as you so pompously claim in your pretentious shiny signature, have a go at actually trying to give some constructive feedback to people instead of some prefabricated shallow condescendent puffy chest bro crap.

Not a single post of yous I've seen that hasnt actually made me (and by the looks of it, others) feel actual physical reject.

Now if you don't give a duck about that and you are actually proud of it since, somehow, in that warped mind of yours, sigles you out as better than others, carry on with exactly what you are doing.

The rest of us will watch in wonder how millions of years of evolution ended up with you at the othe side of a keyboard.

Have a nice day, really, you seem like you need one.

Edited by LaFotoAsesina
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 2

Harvg123
15 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

All the "pro chads" seem to have learned it... why can't you...?

You all need to learn that young @davidj123456 here doesn't die... ever. 

1500 hours in the game and he has kappa already, and started Tarkov 3 weeks before 12.6 wipe, no point in giving newbies advice in the manner which you do, the only thing we learn is that we are not worthy to be on the forum in your presence 🙌  

davidj123456
39 minutes ago, Harvg123 said:

You all need to learn that young @davidj123456 here doesn't die... ever. 

1500 hours in the game and he has kappa already, and started Tarkov 3 weeks before 12.6 wipe, no point in giving newbies advice in the manner which you do, the only thing we learn is that we are not worthy to be on the forum in your presence 🙌  

The only thing you should learn is that the time you spend complaining can be used getting better at the game.

I do not see people on Arma, DayZ, Rust, SCUM, etc crying that the game is too hard as much as I do in this game. Just learn or leave.
Sure there is plenty that should be fixed and there are some things that are currently too easy and other things that are too hard... but complaining 24/7 about everything isn't the solution...

PeppaPigKilla
1 hour ago, davidj123456 said:

The only thing you should learn is that the time you spend complaining can be used getting better at the game.

I do not see people on Arma, DayZ, Rust, SCUM, etc crying that the game is too hard as much as I do in this game. Just learn or leave.
Sure there is plenty that should be fixed and there are some things that are currently too easy and other things that are too hard... but complaining 24/7 about everything isn't the solution...

Thats possibly because those games are not hard like Tarkov.

Your first post on here i found to be rather simple yet useful, 

But everything after hasnt been as such. 

The game has been more punishing since the latest patch, damn even factory has now become my easier to play map than the rest. Hope you all like myself find some tactic that makes the game less painful than it already was and share it. 

calj1971
3 hours ago, LaFotoAsesina said:

Who said I can't?

Seriously I do pity you.

The insecurity issues you try to mask with you avatar....

That insufferable need of yours to belittle absolutely everyone you have an online interaction with.

We get it, you play the game and you think you are the best at it (spare me the humble brag you want to answer this with, been around the block enough to know your type)

I do hope this is just your online persona and you behave differently IRL or you will end all alone if you arent so already.

Now, if you honestly do want to help people improve in the game as you so pompously claim in your pretentious shiny signature, have a go at actually trying to give some constructive feedback to people instead of some prefabricated shallow condescendent puffy chest bro crap.

Not a single post of yous I've seen that hasnt actually made me (and by the looks of it, others) feel actual physical reject.

Now if you don't give a duck about that and you are actually proud of it since, somehow, in that warped mind of yours, sigles you out as better than others, carry on with exactly what you are doing.

The rest of us will watch in wonder how millions of years of evolution ended up with you at the othe side of a keyboard.

Have a nice day, really, you seem like you need one.

well said.. were not all pro,s just like playing for fun

HollowMob
Posted (edited)

The new scav changes are great. But I am also not happy with their aimbot capabilities right now and ofc there are going to be those people who always say "get good" "no you just suck at the game if youre dying to scavs lol ecks dee kappa" and regardless of what they say, I have video proof of scavs getting one taps on me the second I hit Q or E to lean around a corner. Its like they have aggro on me before they can even see me but they just cant shoot at me yet.

Edited by HollowMob

Harvg123
19 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

I never complain and you know it, I only offer advise to players and give you poo thats all I do on here... at times when I cannot be playing the game so its not harbouring my learning experience in any way 👍😉

sKSp33d

and flashbangs dont generally work i tossed 4 flashes infront of the scav AI on woods and they continue to lazer beam my teammates, ( i kinda baited my new friend he was fine with it as he had a pistol) but they seem to move from explosives

inabearsuit
Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2020 at 9:00 AM, davidj123456 said:

Doesn't help much. Scavs can still aimbot if you move around obstacles to reposition and peak. Just happened to me on Customs... knocked two out, and the third that came up was none to happy. He shot, I moved back into cover (in front of the bridge shop), re-positioned on the bridge, peaked from a whole new angle and was instantly head,eyes. Oh well, it's only a game, didn't make me mad - just kind of chuckled.

Edited by inabearsuit

I-No
On 8/3/2020 at 6:23 AM, davidj123456 said:

I do not see people on Arma, DayZ, Rust, SCUM, etc crying that the game is too hard as much as I do in this game. Just learn or leave...

Learn or Leave is not a sustainable business model in any genre of game... ever.

the AI is kinda sus, AI scavs perfectly pre-firing lean peeks while also strafing upstairs in the rain is about as stupid as it gets.

is it worth crying about, mostly no unless you lose a great kit over it. in a game based on being uber realistic though, it seems highly improbable that a starving scav with a sawn off bolt action shotgun should be able to one tap a fully decked out private military contractor from 100m off... in the rain... while backpeddling up stairs... unprovoked.

unless I am to believe that every civi in russia is literally John Wick and Robocop combined.

the game is in beta. the point of threads like this is to highlight and understroke areas of the game that may need tinkering with and the OP is valid.

no need to measure peens

• Like 1

Na0cho
18 minutes ago, inabearsuit said:

Doesn't help much. Scavs can still aimbot if you move around obstacles to reposition and peak. Just happened to me on Customs... knocked two out, and the third that came up was none to happy. He shot, I moved back into cover (in front of the bridge shop), re-positioned on the bridge, peaked from a whole new angle and was instantly head,eyes. Oh well, it's only a game, didn't make me mad - just kind of chuckled.

out of curiosity and Im not saying it did not happen the way you said, did you check to see if sniper scav was up because he would have had a perfect angle on you from where you described your location.  When I was new that sniper scav on the building by elbow was the bane of my existence until I figured out he was there.

davidj123456
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, inabearsuit said:

Tbh that just sounds like bad luck...
Its entirely possible that a PMC could've gotten such a lucky shot too. I doubt that happens often.

Edited by davidj123456

inabearsuit
Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Na0cho said:

out of curiosity and Im not saying it did not happen the way you said, did you check to see if sniper scav was up because he would have had a perfect angle on you from where you described your location.  When I was new that sniper scav on the building by elbow was the bane of my existence until I figured out he was there.

Yeah, the sniper was the first one I shot. Then another came out from that blockade opening on the street. The third followed from behind that guy as I was moving to loot the second guy, which is when I moved back towards the shop.

11 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

Tbh that just sounds like bad luck...
Its entirely possible that a PMC could've gotten such a lucky shot too. I doubt that happens often.

I'm all for chalking it up to bad luck, but I just mean to say that its possible that these bots sometimes get quick, crazy shots. Hey, I like a challenge, it's no big deal.

Edited by inabearsuit

Na0cho
10 minutes ago, inabearsuit said:

Yeah, the sniper was the first one I shot. Then another came out from that blockade opening on the street. The third followed from behind that guy as I was moving to loot the second guy, which is when I moved back towards the shop.

I'm all for chalking it up to bad luck, but I just mean to say that its possible that these bots sometimes get quick, crazy shots. Hey, I like a challenge, it's no big deal.

Ahh. Another thing you should look out for is one scav likes to lurk in the bushes to the right just at the end of the bridge there’s a little spot you can walk through that concrete wall and sometimes he either on the other side or in the bushes. And when he’s in those bushes you can’t see him but he has lock on aim on you lol. 

he’s gotten me a few times there :)  

another little tip is most scavs can’t hit you when you are squirreling. Like you could spaz out 20 feet in front of them and they will miss 50 shots. But stand still for half a second and get dead quick. 

has to do with the ai not leading shots properly I think they shoot where you ARE not where you are going to be unless you are straight lining it. 

don’t be discouraged, even the best at this game have been one shot by scavs a few times. 

when I started it felt like I couldn’t do anything right.   All those deaths are lessons though for those who pay attention. 

stuck with the game, it’s amazing.