Antmax

Screen fading to black randomly and shoving me out of the game.

Antmax

Bought the game lastnight. Been wandering around in the empty test maps and trying to get my bearings a little in interchange. I've only been into interchange 2-3 times as a Skav. One time I got shot and dies which was fair enough. But the other two times I'm wandering around looking for loot when the game randomly fades to black. Wait a few seconds or 15 and  a fairly chunky bitmap cursor for my mouse turns up. Then the game tells me that I have left the game and everything I collected is lost.

Wondering what is going on. The game is hard enough without being blacked out for no reason 10 - 25 minutes in. Is it a bug? Am I losing connection to the server? I have been playing Warzone and MW Mp with no connection problems. I am ok at that game but dislike the hectic twitch shooter pace and wished the game was more like this so I bought this game. Only problem is I can't get anywhere, so far because the screen fades to black and I involuntarily exit the game. Any help or suggestions would be great, thanks....

Antmax

Had another game just now as a Skav again, same thing happened only this time I took a screenshot of the end screen. Says Raid Ended, Early Termination.
Missing in Action 16 minutes 14 seconds.  974 EXP :(.

So far 4/6 games ended up with the fade to black missing in action and two games ended with being killed by players. So far I have never gotten out of a map, so no new gear at all :(. 

Fadeblackendscreen.jpg

Edited by Antmax

LenzOA

same for me, i shoot at a scav but nothing happened. moved items in the inventory are blinking. nobody in the game is moving. 30 sek later screen turns black and it shows i was killed by a scav.

it shows that i have shot 2 bullets that happened after the game seems like it was disconnected. also i put a sniper scope on the weapon after the nobody moved and that was missing as well.

Edited by LenzOA

LenzOA

happened now in the 2nd game in a row. are server extreme unstable? ping is fine, but players stop running and suddenly rubberbanding and stuff.

Antmax

I thought I'd have another go too. This time I turned on TurboLan hoping it might optimize the traffic on my end at least. Didn't help. This time I'm dropped out at 10 minutes 40 seconds. 

I just got out the front entrance of the Mall after being lost with a bunch of stuff. Crossed to the grassy area and hid in a bush while I tried to figure out where I was. Game dumped me out while I was sitting in the bush.

I assume its the servers. I'm in California, this time I looked at the server list in the launcher and picked the California one. It doesn't seem to have helped. 

I know this game is supposed to be hard, but so far it's not the players or Skavs that have been killing me lol

OUtagain2.jpg

Edited by Antmax

soldierdog

There is a raid timer. Just tap "o" twice. Before that goes to zero you need to extract. Otherwise you're missing in action.

Antmax
2 hours ago, soldierdog said:

There is a raid timer. Just tap "o" twice. Before that goes to zero you need to extract. Otherwise you're missing in action.

I'll check the timer, thank for the tip. But the start of the mission it says 35 minutes for this map and so far its been between crashing out between 10 and 16 minutes.

I did have one last game last night at 1.45 am. basically walked fast with my Skav to the nearest exit and picked up a really expensive hand drill worth 36,000 on the way and got out while being shot at during the extraction timer. But after 8 games I did finally manage to get out. 

So on my first day I got killed twice, crashed out with missing in action 5 times and extracted myself once. 

I had Fps 1 in the console and throughout the last game my ping was between 12 and 22 and what looked like player ping? below it was mostly in the 30''s and 40's. About double the first number.

Edited by Antmax

Antmax

Well, I pressed O and watched the time. As a newbie I guess I didn't notice that you get dropped into the game part way through. I just figured you had the same amount of time as stated for the level. 35 minutes. Been keeping track playing it today and had no problems. Met some guy that wiggled their head left and right and then shot me. Starting to wish I had a bigger stash space than standard. Otherwise I'm finally starting to get into the game :)

Edited by Antmax

soldierdog

As a scav you get dropped in the game with not the full raid time. As a pmc you will have the full 35 min. Nice that it's solved. 😀

Antmax
On 7/31/2020 at 12:14 AM, soldierdog said:

As a scav you get dropped in the game with not the full raid time. As a pmc you will have the full 35 min. Nice that it's solved. 😀

Yeah, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I never noticed the timer before, I'm not even sure it pops up unless you press O at some point in the game. I'd have thought I'd have noticed the red text in the last few minutes otherwise.

One thing this game could do with is a little button compass or something on your gear so you can better get your bearings from what you know of the map. It will probably get easier with time.

sikewrdpryznr
4 hours ago, Antmax said:

Yeah, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I never noticed the timer before, I'm not even sure it pops up unless you press O at some point in the game. I'd have thought I'd have noticed the red text in the last few minutes otherwise.

One thing this game could do with is a little button compass or something on your gear so you can better get your bearings from what you know of the map. It will probably get easier with time.

The timer will show in the top right of the screen as soon as you spawn, and when it gets under 10 minutes it'll be there till you leave or die and it'll be red. 

Also the game is on sale right now, you can upgrade at a discounted price and just pay the difference between the version you have and the version you decide to purchase. 

Edited by sikewrdpryznr

Na0cho
15 hours ago, sikewrdpryznr said:

The timer will show in the top right of the screen as soon as you spawn, and when it gets under 10 minutes it'll be there till you leave or die and it'll be red. 

Also the game is on sale right now, you can upgrade at a discounted price and just pay the difference between the version you have and the version you decide to purchase. 

Tell all your homies to upgrade so I don’t have to hear em complain about not having eod anymore 😛

-slip.