davidj123456

Why do so many people complain about cheaters?

davidj123456

So just because someone kills you means they are cheating? Is everyone better than you always a cheater?

The only map where cheaters actually exist is Labs, during which you will see a cheater every 2 or 3 games. On this map it is actually an issue and needs to be dealt with, but this is a separate matter. Right now I am talking about the ridiculous numbers of false accusations.

On other maps Cheaters pretty much do not exist. I have almost 900 raids this wipe and excluding Labs I've only seen about 5 cheaters. That is 1 cheater every 180 games... which is less than 1%...
I play on both EU & US servers (US West, US Central, US East, EU West, EU East, CIS, and Russian Servers), and all of my friends see a cheater in fewer than 5% of games. People just keep complaining because they know there is an issue on Labs... so of course they just pretend it exists everywhere else so they can just use it as an excuse every time they die... because of course it is always the enemies fault instead of your own...
I am so tired of all of this complaining and I still do not understand why everyone does it. It's just become complacency; when you die you say it is a cheater and move on, and maybe go complain on forums. 

The fact that you got Head, Eye'd is definitely not because of your movement... or your positioning... or where you were on the map at a given time... or even just because of bad luck... no it is because everyone in this game is cheating.

You will see cheaters from time to time, it will be very annoying, and it happens to me as well... I even have videos of the cheaters I have encountered... but there are not as many of them as people say there are (excluding Labs). Just stop complaining and learn how to play the game better.
We have Forums, Twitch, YouTube, Reddit, Discord, Sherpa, and many other ways to gather information on how to become a better player. We have Offline mode in EFT, and the fact that generally playing and learning from mistakes will teach you the game better. Use those resources and improve instead of wasting time on here complaining!
On top of this the devs are actually doing a lot to combat cheating and RMT (the two are linked ngl). Within a few months I doubt we will even have a problem with it on Labs either!

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Upvote 2

calj1971

this is ok...easy to fix..install a death cam..then there can be no real issues..

skyflashde
vor einer Stunde schrieb davidj123456:

The only map where cheaters actually exist is Labs, during which you will see a cheater every 2 or 3 games.

You just are not smart enough to recognize them.

Radar users are basicly everywhere. I just got killed by one.

I was sitting in a far away room around a corner, longer than 5 mins (I was afk with headset on). Player comes running towards the house, runs straight through 2 other rooms, ignoring all open doors, not checking anything, prefires at my door and walks walks around the corner already shooting.

You are just playing the game in some dumb run and gun fashion, obviously you will not recognize cheaters.

Also, Nikita says you are wrong. Every number they put out tells us all you are wrong.

So what is wrong with you?

• Like 1
  • Hot 2
  • Sad 2

davidj123456
38 minutes ago, skyflashde said:

Radar users are basicly everywhere. I just got killed by one.

I was sitting in a far away room around a corner, longer than 5 mins (I was afk with headset on). Player comes running towards the house, runs straight through 2 other rooms, ignoring all open doors, not checking anything, prefires at my door and walks walks around the corner already shooting.

You are just playing the game in some dumb run and gun fashion, obviously you will not recognize cheaters.

Also, Nikita says you are wrong. Every number they put out tells us all you are wrong.

So what is wrong with you?

The numbers they put out are primarily on labs...
You are just not smart enough to realize you are bad at the game and to learn from your mistakes...

Also if you are telling me that the people in my games ARE hacking... its funny how I am still killing them...

Stop crying. On labs it is a problem. Everywhere else it is not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

NmHansen

It dont matter anymore. 

Stalker 2 will come soon. not soon soon but "sonnish" soon

• Upvote 1

davidj123456
17 minutes ago, NmHansen said:

It dont matter anymore. 

Stalker 2 will come soon. not soon soon but "sonnish" soon

Stalker 2 isn't EFT lol

• Like 1

NmHansen
50 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

Stalker 2 isn't EFT lol

Correct! and thank god for that

• Cold 1
  • Upvote 2

JackSpooks

Labs isn't every 2 or 3 raids it's EVERY RAID. I haven't had a single labs raid where some fucker doesn't shoot at me through doors when I'm crouch min speed. Also radar's basically undetectable for the average player, other than just feeling like someone found you way too easily, so it's not really provable either way. I have encountered people on customs, and shoreline moving ridiculously fast side to side with dead accuracy.

davidj123456
12 minutes ago, JackSpooks said:

Labs isn't every 2 or 3 raids it's EVERY RAID. I haven't had a single labs raid where some fucker doesn't shoot at me through doors when I'm crouch min speed. Also radar's basically undetectable for the average player, other than just feeling like someone found you way too easily, so it's not really provable either way. I have encountered people on customs, and shoreline moving ridiculously fast side to side with dead accuracy.

They are good at the game so they cheat.
On labs it definitely is not every raid otherwise nobody would ever play it, period... not even streamers....

• Like 1

DukeLander
1 hour ago, davidj123456 said:

The numbers they put out are primarily on labs...
You are just not smart enough to realize you are bad at the game and to learn from your mistakes...

Also if you are telling me that the people in my games ARE hacking... its funny how I am still killing them...

Stop crying. On labs it is a problem. Everywhere else it is not.

Are you paid by BSG or expected to be with boting on forum?

Or you just want to show everyone how "good" you are, like spaming with yours level 40 in 5 days?

Cheaters are everywhere since new FiR system. Before wipe were mostly in labs.

And it's very easy to recognise them after 500+ hours in game.

When one guy wipes your 3 man squad in one second with headshots on customs... Naaah, it's a skill...

davidj123456
1 minute ago, DukeLander said:

Are you paid by BSG or expected to be with boting on forum?

Or you just want to show everyone how "good" you are, like spaming with yours level 40 in 5 days?

Cheaters are everywhere since new FiR system. Before wipe were mostly in labs.

And it's very easy to recognise them after 500+ hours in game.

When one guy wipes your 3 man squad in one second with headshots on customs... Naaah, it's a skill...

Nikita said it is mostly on Labs. 
I did say you see them from time to time on other maps, just not as often as everyone says.
Just don't cry man... otherwise this is not the game for you...

• Like 1

JackSpooks
24 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

They are good at the game so they cheat.
On labs it definitely is not every raid otherwise nobody would ever play it, period... not even streamers....

Streamers do play it and do encounter cheaters though... And no that's not skill, knowing exactly where I am in a room with buggy audio and spraying through walls and doors at me isn't skill.

Uncley

Before KILLCAM every uncertain deaths are supposed to be done by cheaters.

Due to team players the Killcam could be activated only after the whole raid ends, but it certainly will end this cheater conversation.

Till now  BGS has done nothing about Killcam but only closed all treads supposing them...

davidj123456
11 minutes ago, JackSpooks said:

Streamers do play it and do encounter cheaters though... And no that's not skill, knowing exactly where I am in a room with buggy audio and spraying through walls and doors at me isn't skill.

Streamers do not encounter cheaters every single game lol.
Try standing still, not moving, not adsing, etc... lol

skyflashde
vor 5 Minuten schrieb Uncley:

Before KILLCAM every uncertain deaths are supposed to be done by cheaters.

, but it certainly will end this cheater conversation.

No, what it will do is prove once and for all that in every single raid on every map is at least one cheater (now you only may recognize cheating if it affects you, and people like david up there dont even recognize it if it slaps em in the face).

See, right now its like "yeah, maybe..", "but it could have been legit if..", "no no, its only on labs...".. so there always is some uncertainty.

But with a replay function you will SEE 100% proof of cheating in like every raid you play.

And that is EXACTLY the reason why we dont have a killcam right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Uncley
Posted (edited)

I am afraid that this t(h)read(t) will be very soon closed... Like Wagners in Belarussia.

Edited by Uncley

Wolfsb4ne
1 hour ago, skyflashde said:

No, what it will do is prove once and for all that in every single raid on every map is at least one cheater (now you only may recognize cheating if it affects you, and people like david up there dont even recognize it if it slaps em in the face).

See, right now its like "yeah, maybe..", "but it could have been legit if..", "no no, its only on labs...".. so there always is some uncertainty.

But with a replay function you will SEE 100% proof of cheating in like every raid you play.

Pretty sure that you used the in-game report button 80% to 100% of the times that you are dying in raid...  You are this type of player... period!

pheonixcarnage
Posted (edited)

wow just wow. There are two types of cheaters - RMT'ers and the average player. Before RMT'ers were blantant, because they made way more money then a single banned account. With the current measures they are playing stealthily. The average player was always stealthy. Have you noticed you are not getting into as much gun fights as before? RMT'ers are grabbing the loot and GTFOing out of raid, avoiding players, this lowers the chance their account will be banned.  As for the Average player, they usually only use ESP, so if you get into a gun fight and are better skilled then they are, you may pop them before they can take you out even tho they had were cheating. Infact, there are usernames that have discord id's in them so you can join and they are LIVE STREAMING THEIR CHEATS. So before you get on your high horse and say they are no cheaters, it may be that you are a) a cheater yourself b) gotten very lucky in raids with no cheaters or c) are completely oblivious in whats going on around you. Either way, if its effecting other people, rather then criticize them, try to help. 

Iv died very fishy deaths, but i dont scream cheater right away, this game has a HUGE DYSYNC problem, however there are some very obvious fishy deaths that i consider to be cheaters. The kill cams may not solve issues, as depending if there is a time frame, the replay may show the cheater already in position to take you out. 

Edited by pheonixcarnage

DissAbledGamer
8 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

So just because someone kills you means they are cheating? Is everyone better than you always a cheater?

The only map where cheaters actually exist is Labs, during which you will see a cheater every 2 or 3 games. On this map it is actually an issue and needs to be dealt with, but this is a separate matter. Right now I am talking about the ridiculous numbers of false accusations.

On other maps Cheaters pretty much do not exist. I have almost 900 raids this wipe and excluding Labs I've only seen about 5 cheaters. That is 1 cheater every 180 games... which is less than 1%...
I play on both EU & US servers (US West, US Central, US East, EU West, EU East, CIS, and Russian Servers), and all of my friends see a cheater in fewer than 5% of games. People just keep complaining because they know there is an issue on Labs... so of course they just pretend it exists everywhere else so they can just use it as an excuse every time they die... because of course it is always the enemies fault instead of your own...
I am so tired of all of this complaining and I still do not understand why everyone does it. It's just become complacency; when you die you say it is a cheater and move on, and maybe go complain on forums. 

The fact that you got Head, Eye'd is definitely not because of your movement... or your positioning... or where you were on the map at a given time... or even just because of bad luck... no it is because everyone in this game is cheating.

You will see cheaters from time to time, it will be very annoying, and it happens to me as well... I even have videos of the cheaters I have encountered... but there are not as many of them as people say there are (excluding Labs). Just stop complaining and learn how to play the game better.
We have Forums, Twitch, YouTube, Reddit, Discord, Sherpa, and many other ways to gather information on how to become a better player. We have Offline mode in EFT, and the fact that generally playing and learning from mistakes will teach you the game better. Use those resources and improve instead of wasting time on here complaining!
On top of this the devs are actually doing a lot to combat cheating and RMT (the two are linked ngl). Within a few months I doubt we will even have a problem with it on Labs either!

You sure are on a parade to downplay the cheating. When even the biggest chad streamers are avoiding certain maps because of the cheating issue. Hell, one of THE BIGGEST streamer even renamed his stuff to headeyes, and you someone with "900 raids this wipe" knows everything about this game eh? You are just too ignorant to notice when something is off because you fall under the category of these few things,  you cheat yourself, you are in denial, you are wayyy too dense to accept or realize that an average of 1000 people are banned EVERY DAY, and this is the number of cheaters that are caught. Let me give you an example of smuggling drugs into USA, drug trafficing are estimated to be in hundreds of billions (200 to 300) each year and only about 10 to 20 billion of that is stopped by the authorities from entering. Now similar principles would apply to cheating, there are countless cheaters but only a handful gets caught. now tell me, who would do a better job at stopping these unwanted actions? A department that is solely purposed to stop this or a game company that has to develop this game and also fight cheating at the same time? I would notion that when compared to each other, the fight against drug trafficking is more efficient than catching cheaters. 

You are delusional at best, if you really believe you had one cheater every 180 raids. You sure like to push the narrative that someone isn't skilled enough or falsely accusing someone and refuse to entertain the other side when the official statements from moderators average to 1000 bans MINIMUM PER DAY when averaging out the numbers, it can be closer to 1500 if you count several waves of bans. Your disposition regarding cheating is meaningless because you have Z E R O emperical data to support it, while I can quote the very mods who have given hard numbers that suggest there are thousand(s) of bans per day if it was done on a daily basis. You really should stop smoking crack because like in the 90's videos your brain seems to be like fried eggs. 

• Upvote 1

hermanJnr

David, you clearly have a good knowledge of the game and you sound like a good player. But your recognition of cheaters sounds way off.
ATM my stat line is pretty similar to yours though not quite as good (2nd wipe, 45% SR, K/D 5) and yet you cheekily called me "bad" in another thread just because I recognise when I'm killed by hackers and you apparently don't.

For the record, here is a breakdown of "how I know".

Signs You Died Legitimately In Tarkov

1. "Getting shot out of nowhere" in a large open area.

This happens literally all the time on Shoreline and Woods, for example. Any large map has the potential for some sniper you didn't see hiding somewhere, and getting 1 tapped or sprayed down from a distance is entirely plausible in 90% of games.

-

2. Getting shot in the face/head at close range, or with an aimed shot from afar.

Again, too many people call "hax!" when they get head or face shot. At close quarters it is quite easy to get a headshot with SMGs and other low recoil weapons very quickly, and heavier weapons tend to jump up for the headshot anyway.

At range, players taking aimed shots will frequently land headshots if they're good - no problem here.

-

3. Getting killed by a geared player who rushed you successfully.

Once again, lots of people think someone is cheating just because they got rushed and died quickly. Often it's just because the guy had good gear, they had bad ammo, and he had a very good CQB gun like the MP7, ASH-12 or AS VAL.

-

4. Making loads of noise, giving away position, then getting killed quickly.

If you're stamping on gratings, wood or porcelain, that's how the guy with the "wallhack" knew you were there.

-

5. "Normal" lag and desync.

Sometimes you join a laggy raid and hit reg is wonky or people are warping around the map due to lag. This is just unfortunate, but it's obvious it's "normal" lag since it's constant and doesn't turn on or off at "convenient" times.

----

Now we've got the legit sensible deaths out of the way:

Signs you Died To a Hacker in Tarkov

1. Getting killed by a player who peeked you at the exact correct time despite not having any way of knowing where you were legitimately.

You're watching a door because you hear noise coming towards you, whereas you have made absolutely no noise at all and you're ready to ambush. You ADS and wait. The noise stops suddenly. You wait, and wait and wait. Nothing happens.

You lower your ADS and look away from the door, and the guy immediately peeks through it right as you do this and shoots you in the head. This is because he had a wallhack and could see you aiming at the door. The minute you look away he knows, and he kills you.

-

2. You get killed by a player who is firing at you constantly over a massive range, completely ignoring cover and from no visible position.

This hack is less common but last wipe it was very prevalent. I was playing a game on Shoreline with a buddy and we were by power station. I hear a Vintorez firing at us, and I start running into power station. It hits me in the stomach when I'm in the power plant, so I heal. Then it hits me when I'm in the back shower room, which doesn't even have windows. I then ran with my friend right across the map, literally all the way to Road To Customs, and this Vintorez continued firing the entire time, right through bushes and ditches.

We split up and my friend was about 500 metres away from me hiding in a bush. I was lying in a deep ditch with no one in sight. The Vintorez killed me, and 2 seconds later the same guy killed my friend too even though he was miles away and behind cover. There is no way that was legitimate sniping.

-

3. You get killed by a player who is moving at 1000 mph.

One of the most blatant hacks, Speedhackers are one of the most common cheats out there and if you claim they don't exist you're in denial. Some turn it on when you're shooting at them via some sort of auto-trigger, others have it on all the time.

-

4. You get killed by a player who had extremely useful and unusual "lag" when you were fighting.

You aim at a door, you hear a guy coming, suddenly there is a massive lag spike, and you die immediately. Yet somehow the other guy wasn't affected by this at all.

Or you throw a nade at a player and it seems to fail to go off. Suddenly he's warped right next to you and Head, Eyes.

Or you're shooting at a player and all of a sudden he's spasming around like Neo and you can't do any damage to him. Somehow he isn't suffering the same problem and he shoots you in the head absolutely fine.

In all of these situations the game was smooth as butter and wasn't laggy at all up until engaging this particular player. Lag switch.

-

5. You get killed by a player who knows where you are for no reason, and instantly headshots you even though you had every possible tactical advantage.

You hear a guy making tons and tons of noise, seemingly sprinting around at random. You have been waiting silently on a door for 2 minutes expecting him to come through. You hear him approach the door and you're 100% ready for him. He comes in blind, you're shooting him full auto, and yet as he comes in the door he's already aimed at you and you instantly get shot in the head even though he's being aimpunched.

This isn't a "git gud" situation, this is a situation where the guy clearly knew where you were and aimbotted you before he even walked into the room.

-

6. You get wrecked by someone with absolutely trash gear who seems to be dominating every engagement effortlessly.

I went into Factory with a buddy heavily geared. Normally, we mow down quite a lot of people like this easily, even when they're geared too. We've killed people with C5/6 armour and meta guns and had some heavy fights.

Yet on this raid there were two naked guys with PB pistols and crappy PST GZH ammo somehow utterly handing our asses to us right from the first 30 seconds of the raid. They were moving around very quickly, to the extent we couldn't get a shot on them and seemed to constantly know our position and when our backs were turned. Never missing a shot, we were getting legged every time they fired, even from long distance and weird angles.

In the end we had to extract from the raid ASAP because we were badly hurt by these two guys and they were aggressively pushing us as if they had no fear of losing the fight at all. As we went out, it became obvious they were speedhacking as they were traversing the entirety of the Factory tunnels in a couple of seconds and popping out behind us.

-

7. You die at the very start of the map when you take in good gear, to someone who knows your exact position. You hear him shooting everyone else too. OR you spawn with a Keycard or other valuable item as a Scav, and you are shot almost immediately from nowhere.

There are cheats out there that can apparently read what gear a player has and display it on the screen.

On large maps like Shoreline, you sometimes spawn with good gear, you hear gunshots in the distance that go on for about 30 seconds, and then you will die suddenly even if you've sprinted away from spawn and hid somewhere.

This is because whoever is hacking is zooming around the map, killing all the high geared players. If you go in with bad gear, sometimes they won't bother killing you and you'll have a weird empty raid where all the other PMCs are dead and their gear has been stripped.

--

Anyway I'll stop there. You get the point.

People who encounter hackers are not just "bad" and stupid in some way. It's a real problem.

And fortunately, BSG are working hard on it :)

• Upvote 1

Saws_n_Sins

You say cheaters aren't a problem, yet BSG says they ban 1000+ accounts every single day for cheating. Which is it?

DukeLander
8 hours ago, skyflashde said:

In agony and great depression from eft, my friend said: let's try warzone, at least it's free :)

Not really my type of game but that very few seconds of killcam you can see if someone tracking you through walls, is there aimbot etc...

And you do not really care, because it's free, with ultra fast matching - you have died and 30 sec later you are in next match with other 150 players...

The whole arcade- ish concept is done pretty well but it's stupid to compare bsg with cod company which has huge experience in game making and knows what majority of players wants.

Currently, this cheaters situation fits bsg because they ban bunch of them and they buy again new accounts, which is bsg currently only income, something has to pay huge server bills.

Sothere's not gonna be killcam for long period. Maybe they do not know how to make it (pubg team had same problem).

Concentrating on new features and not repairing old bugs and cheaters tells me enough in which direction goes bsg politics.

And talking about skills in game where you have died at least 30% because of bugs, crappy servers, desync, invisible scavs bla bla is... Yeah...

But that is not the point of OP.

His point is to tell us how good is he, how skilled Dragonborn we have here...

But OP is obviously a kid who doesn't know that anyone who spend so much time in some game like he did, he is gonna be good too.

Take a look on some Pestily very early raid videos, he plays like average player and what we have now.

I have trained a lot of people in my life and you can train anybody for anything (if he wants), it's just matter of time, someone learn faster, someone slower but mostly they gonna be good at the end.

mattix
13 hours ago, skyflashde said:

This. Not every death is from cheaters, but alot are sus as hell. 

Xarc

Why do so many people complain about cheaters?

Because they are not schooled into detection and from the dead POV it is too hard (almost impossible) to distinguish a cheater from a legit player if it's not a blatant cheat.

Because they don't have the tools (yet maybe ... but I doubt it) to recognise a cheater and it is preferable to scream "cheater".

"Help me to help you" thing should be. Translated will be like "give me replay system (to watch every player from his POV) with the same tools cheaters uses (esp, cross hair for example) then I will be schooled into detection and make a better report, and don't leave me into dark".

In case they decide for replay system, it would be cool if they will make a thread (like the former) where people can be schooled in detection as Sherpas are teaching the newcomers.

Again a wet dream. :P

skyflashde
vor 11 Stunden schrieb Wolfsb4ne:

Pretty sure that you used the in-game report button 80% to 100% of the times that you are dying in raid...  You are this type of player... period!

Yes, you are sort of right for my solo raids.

When I play solo, I play as a sniper. That means I go to my position, which is usually very out of way of everything, stay in deep cover and dont move at all for like 40 minutes to take that one shot that kills.

So when I get killed in those raids, its either a coincidence (very easy to know, someone just runs over you), a counter sniper (and I probably will see his muzzle flash as he can only shoot me from the front) or a cheater.

So in those raids, I may have a +50% cheater report rate. I dont die often though and I never report for the way into or from the sniper position, because its just impossible to tell.

In all other raids, when I just play with a squad or go on loot runs or something, I will only report if I have been camping somewhere for a few minutes without moving. So in those raids I normally never will report someone. I also never report people for CQC, weird dying somewhere in the open or just getting killed while traversing the map. Cause thats normal.

But yes, my hardcore camping playstyle makes it very easy to detect cheaters with a high certainty.