Jump to content
jansenzen

Time to quit

Recommended Posts

jansenzen
Posted (edited)

I had tarkov since start of the year, I am sure devs have fixed stuff since the game is out for "testing" BUT in this time the only thing I have seen being fixed is the stuttering albeit its now sometimes stuttering/freezing UI.

All is see is devs pushing new content as the top priority which I cannot understand, dont get me wrong new content is great but that should come when the game is VERY stable, which it surely isnt right now, there is so much bullshit/bugs in this game right now I wont even list it but everyone knows them, are they just not fixable because of engine limits so they push new content to keep players interested?

Also this new 12.7 update ruined my performance, yes I dont have the latest hardware but it was fine around 100fps on customs before, you have to understand that the majority of players dont probably have the latest streamer rigs at their hands.

Please dont come at me with the you just suck etc, its not even the money/gear, I have enough of both and its easy to get it, its more about spending time making kits/progress versus how cheap the deaths feel, just today playing for 3 hours, had a player scav zoom thru a hallway making zero steps and making just one step when he was at the staircase blasting me in the face, then had a player shoot at me with no gunshots/muzzleflash, this is just todays fun.

Also the EU servers are so bad that I have to play on US servers with 140 ping, ridiculous.


I will revisit the game in some later time, but for now im good, I may be just one and not relevant, but one by one the game will fall and have the most hardcore beta fanboys, most casual people wont even take time to write on forums but just leave.

Edited by jansenzen
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blunt3dge

Hey man, dont quit just do what I've been doing, offline raids. Yea you won't progress the game and what not, but it's actually fun. As there currently isn't any other game out there that has tarkovs shooting mechanics, its a way to enjoy the game until they fix some of the issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jc984

If the bugs are frustrating you go ahead and take a break and check back after a few updates. It is what I usually do, the game is in development and that can at times get frustrating.

6 minutes ago, Blunt3dge said:

Hey man, dont quit just do what I've been doing, offline raids. Yea you won't progress the game and what not, but it's actually fun. As there currently isn't any other game out there that has tarkovs shooting mechanics, its a way to enjoy the game until they fix some of the issues.

This is what I usually do! it would be funner with friends though to mess around with in offline while we are waiting in-between updates, bug fixes, and game balancing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Van_Hellspit

Sorry you didn't like the game, but us who have been here for a long time, know how far the game has come, Perhaps come back in 6 months or so, and the game will be even better again. 

TBH i have had no issues with servers this game, only time it was a bit choppy was during the testing at the loot drop event, other than that its been buttery smooth, so it may be something your end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaFotoAsesina
26 minutes ago, Van_Hellspit said:

Sorry you didn't like the game, but us who have been here for a long time, know how far the game has come, Perhaps come back in 6 months or so, and the game will be even better again. 

TBH i have had no issues with servers this game, only time it was a bit choppy was during the testing at the loot drop event, other than that its been buttery smooth, so it may be something your end. 

Every time Ive played since the last patch with a buddy of mine, he is always lagging, chopping, teleporting....

I have the feeling that some of my bullets do not register, although im bad enough to not be able to know for sure when I've actually hit something or not.
 

Its true that I have very different expeiences from different raids and my skill is the same in all of them, meaning that I am either good or bad. I can't be an absoulte noob in one raid and a ducking pro on the next.

Some raids I have the feeling that my shots with one weapon are going where I intend them to go, and next raid, same weapon, same map, same playstyle and similar encounters (I try to replicate the things that work fo me) and then I seem to miss almost all shots, scavs take forever to die, or they just dont and I get killed.

Game's on early access, its fine, not complaining about it being pefect but I wish I could be able to tell when its the actual game thats being shitty o when its me.

Its hard to learn when you cant tell the difference from a personal mistake from a server cockup

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jansenzen
3 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

Fortnite is where you belong!

Cute comment, some fanboys really need to be able to distinguish between criticism and hate/shitting etc
I like the game and I do have fun, but at the same time hate it because of the bugs, and because I just cant wrap my head around why would you add more content before fixing critical stuff..

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
behi09ma
6 hours ago, jansenzen said:

Cute comment, some fanboys really need to be able to distinguish between criticism and hate/shitting etc
I like the game and I do have fun, but at the same time hate it because of the bugs, and because I just cant wrap my head around why would you add more content before fixing critical stuff..

well you are seeing only one side of the coin. in our recent wipe, people were crying cause there were no new content (and it was in the way of fixing the audio and some other bugs and stability), i think you have not seen those posts. this patch was about new content and also fixing some bugs. it's not that easy to satisfy all your customers at once.

i can remember a few months ago, when streets of tarkov announce by nikita, he said he wants to have a big map with 40 pmc players on it, and then he said, i know now my colleagues will say that i'm stupid cause it's impossible to do that. last podcast he mentioned that, now with all the server stabilities and progresses that they have made in these few months, now they can make it happen.<------ this thing here shows that how they are working to make the game with fewer bugs and more stable alongside the new content.

yeah maybe it's good for you to take a break and come after a few patch. have fun out there

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DukeLander

Factory with 5 players doesn't work right, not some huge map with 40...

OP, do like we do when our team is ready to play:

We are too happy and in good mood, let's play eft.

After few hours our mood is on bottom, let's play warzone.

And all over again... :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaFotoAsesina
5 hours ago, DukeLander said:

Factory with 5 players doesn't work right, not some huge map with 40...

OP, do like we do when our team is ready to play:

We are too happy and in good mood, let's play eft.

After few hours our mood is on bottom, let's play warzone.

And all over again... :)

The Tarkov Warzone loop

I die at tarkov..... lets play COD.... I shred at cod lets play tarkov... rinse and repeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
behi09ma
38 minutes ago, LaFotoAsesina said:

The Tarkov Warzone loop

I die at tarkov..... lets play COD.... I shred at cod lets play tarkov... rinse and repeat

wow, i can't play other shooters except tarkov. especially warzone make me dizzy, its just running and shooting, and i heard the cheating has became a normal thing there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DukeLander

Here is not?

Two totally different games and it's refreshing to change after few hours of play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaFotoAsesina
3 hours ago, behi09ma said:

wow, i can't play other shooters except tarkov. especially warzone make me dizzy, its just running and shooting, and i heard the cheating has became a normal thing there!

Yeah, tbh I went to MWMP quite fast. In Warzone I'd just go for contacts etc till I could get a nice position and shoot at the runners.

But yeah, lots of teens there so lots of cheats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DroogKris
4 hours ago, behi09ma said:

wow, i can't play other shooters except tarkov. especially warzone make me dizzy, its just running and shooting, and i heard the cheating has became a normal thing there!

I feel like I came across a cheater way more often in Tarkov. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Tkullberg-

I feel that most of you guys that complain must think Escape from Tarkov is a fast paced game?

Correct me if im wrong but I have been active in this game for a good while now and Im a very passive and defensive player. 

 

And what i mean is that, i see more and more people that run, jumps and playing the game like cod or bf.. Sorry to say but with that gamestyle you will miss your shot. Sure, i can agree with the lag sometimes or with the "teleporting" server issues.

But come on.. its a beta and it has it flaws like other games.

 

Take a resting time, login, change servers and check in later.

 

Cya in the field!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NmHansen
10 hours ago, -Tkullberg- said:

I feel that most of you guys that complain must think Escape from Tarkov is a fast paced game?

Correct me if im wrong but I have been active in this game for a good while now and Im a very passive and defensive player.

It really dosent matter how you play the game, you can pretend any game is tactical by walking slow and huming 007goldeneye theme music as you move around.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DukeLander

Hehe, good one :)

Tarkov IS fast paced game if you want to grab main loot on any map. If you don't sprint to tekno store on interchange, somebody else will and potential GPUs/tetris are gone.

Same on reserve, same on labs, same on customs (dorms), same on shoreline (resort).

Of course, you don't have to but in that case you have only trash loot where you are lucky if you find something more than tape or bolts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HooYuDadi
9 hours ago, DukeLander said:

Hehe, good one :)

Tarkov IS fast paced game if you want to grab main loot on any map. If you don't sprint to tekno store on interchange, somebody else will and potential GPUs/tetris are gone.

Same on reserve, same on labs, same on customs (dorms), same on shoreline (resort).

Of course, you don't have to but in that case you have only trash loot where you are lucky if you find something more than tape or bolts.

Not true at all.  It's possible to let all the bunny hoppers and sprinters in and out and still make killer profit.  These people never take time to check computers for GPU's which I find often.  Then there are batteries, vases, clocks, etc...  Or my favorite.  Wait at the end of a hallway as I hear a team bunny hopping and running thru resort.  Line up and and lay em down!!!  Then I'm rich and they can take their ledx's to one of the dealers for practically nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HooYuDadi
10 hours ago, DukeLander said:

Hehe, good one :)

Tarkov IS fast paced game if you want to grab main loot on any map. If you don't sprint to tekno store on interchange, somebody else will and potential GPUs/tetris are gone.

Same on reserve, same on labs, same on customs (dorms), same on shoreline (resort).

Of course, you don't have to but in that case you have only trash loot where you are lucky if you find something more than tape or bolts.

Just did a scav run on shoreline and in the sanitar office of resort I found a ledx.  Someone opened the room and somehow missed the ledx that is hard to see in the shower.  THis is why I check all rooms even when opened as I have found lots of loot left behind.  Heck, I even hit room 310 in resort as a scav and found the room was opened and not even looted.  I found a lion and roler untouched.  I always screenshot these as it truly amazes me that this happens.

2020-08-04[12-26] (0).png

2020-07-15[23-49]_-302.2, 3.5, -78.5_0.2, 0.2, 0.0, 1.0 (0).png

2020-07-15[23-50]_-302.8, 3.0, -76.6_0.0, 1.0, -0.2, 0.2 (1).png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Na0cho

If you need a break take one. 
 

but they have been doing a lot of performance fixes AND adding tons of content. 
 

That said every time they add content it could mess with performance.  New stuff pops up. They fix it next patch and add more stuff which breaks more stuff. 
 

it’s beta. That’s what betas are for.  

Look at all amazons resources and they couldn’t even field a beta and had to push it way back and if the alpha was any indication, game is trash.  And that’s amazon. 

 

you expect bsg to make miracle patches all the time with no hiccups? 
 

if you are not having fun, take a break. Come back refreshed.  Don’t bag on the devs, they are doing a good job. 
 

if you can do better I’d love to play your game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jansenzen
On 8/3/2020 at 9:36 PM, -Tkullberg- said:

But come on.. its a beta and it has it flaws like other games.

18 hours ago, Na0cho said:

t’s beta. That’s what betas are for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jansenzen
Posted (edited)

Guys you do realize that this is a beta that people paid for with their earned money, if I was about to make a game that was being developed for several years I would make the "TESTING" free until release, this arent devs, just random people trying to make a game, and milk as much money as possible.

BTW i just died to a invisible PMC, no sound, nothing, just damage and death, this poo dates back to 2018, are you kidding me? But hey lets make new content for our dear streamers that bring new people so we can milk more money, pathetic approach.

Edited by jansenzen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Na0cho
4 hours ago, jansenzen said:

Guys you do realize that this is a beta that people paid for with their earned money, if I was about to make a game that was being developed for several years I would make the "TESTING" free until release, this arent devs, just random people trying to make a game, and milk as much money as possible.

BTW i just died to a invisible PMC, no sound, nothing, just damage and death, this poo dates back to 2018, are you kidding me? But hey lets make new content for our dear streamers that bring new people so we can milk more money, pathetic approach.

there is a lot of paid betas out there man.  I know of some that even charge a subscription fee.  and yes they should keep adding content and worry about performance second because usually when new content is added it borks performance anyway.  so they would just have to start all over again with the performance.

 

however bsg DOES work on performance.  A fairly good amount.

 

How do you know it was an invisible PMC?  If you got sniped by someone with a silencer, you would hear nothing and just take damage and die.  You should examine all scenarios before you decide whether or not you think it was someone cheating.  post the video and we will all look at it and give our opinions.  It never hurts to have a second set of eyes to see things objectively.  Or a third, or fourth etc..

In my humble opinion, I have more than gotten enough satisfaction out of this game for the price I have paid and I have eod edition.  Bugs and bad performance aside this game is better than most AAA titles out there.  The day I started playing this game literally killed all other games I was playing.

Its cheaper than going out to eat with the family.  the basic edition is cheaper than going to see a movie with a date.  Neither of those are even close to the hours I have spent on this game in one saturday.   Heck I have even paid for games that aren't even playable yet, or barely playable.  I won't even get into what I have spent on Star Citizen, and cannot even fly half the ships I own.  I guess my point is paid early access is the new normal.  In fact all games state when you first buy them that it is early access and to not expect things to go smoothly.

You always have the option to come back later when performance is better if you find it bothers you too much now.

I am sorry that you are feeling frustrated, I have been down that road myself many times.  A small break sometimes does wonders.

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rvn01
Posted (edited)

It seems like BSG are really lacking any competent network / gfx / ui programmers, since the performance is really poor,.

Eventually they have to address these issues, unless they want to build a reputation similar to dayz

(Beta excuse got old with minecraft and it is something bsg are leveraging too hard.)

Edited by rvn01
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2