Peevo

Game Freezing at "Loading Map 100%"

xDish

Just tried to load into customs after patching to see if the map loaded in a reasonable time and didn't get frozen at 100%. It didn't. At this point I can only hope that the move to the newer version of unity in 12.8 fixes the problem :/

Sebulous

Same, new patch didn't do anything. Pretty sick of this, I have no desire to play the game alone because of the issue and my friends either die or clear a whole area before I can join them, because I get in so late.

Edited by Sebulous

Sanctyy

and still dont work :) damn is prodobly end of jurney with this great cuz of that issue 

xBMxBanginBUX

Same issue over here, before it took me 20 seconds to load map and 15 - 25 seconds to load the loot last patch, now the game seizes up and freezes at 100% loading map every ducking time. I'll freeze at 100% loading map for probably 1 min and 30 seconds.. I get into game and i sit at 80 - 100 fps depending on the map. 

Every map has this issue even factory though not as extreme as customs/reserve.

Anyone who says its hardware related is tech illiterate and needs to staple their mouth shut.

BSG did something on their end definitely, I'm done till they fix this. They put out a patch today and it literally did nothing so I guess we'll all have to wait or endure this bullshit.

The disadvantage is to great to even bother playing. Died multiple times on a team because two of us will freeze and load late beside or near enemy players solo is a ducking joke.

Blows my mind how many times I've tweaked the files, settings myself and optimized the game and they change some poo that throws everything the duck out the window and I'm back at square one.

SH4DIX

I have the same problem since 12.7. If i click on Reserve,Customs,Shorline. Then i have "Loading map" it takes 40s to 100% but it takes  nearly 2 min to come to "Loading Loot". Its annoying because my Mate is then already at "Deploying". Then there is always "Awaiting Session Start" .... it makes me angry to see this. Then  i am joining ingame at "47:20" nearly 2-3 min Late spawning. I wrote the Support but they answered stupidly .... I said I have a SSD and 16 GB Ram. then they ignored my Ticket... . Pls I hope they can fix this.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb xBMxBanginBUX:

Same issue over here, before it took me 20 seconds to load map and 15 - 25 seconds to load the loot last patch, now the game seizes up and freezes at 100% loading map every ducking time. I'll freeze at 100% loading map for probably 1 min and 30 seconds.. I get into game and i sit at 80 - 100 fps depending on the map. 

Every map has this issue even factory though not as extreme as customs/reserve.

Anyone who says its hardware related is tech illiterate and needs to staple their mouth shut.

BSG did something on their end definitely, I'm done till they fix this. They put out a patch today and it literally did nothing so I guess we'll all have to wait or endure this bullshit.

The disadvantage is to great to even bother playing. Died multiple times on a team because two of us will freeze and load late beside or near enemy players solo is a ducking joke.

Blows my mind how many times I've tweaked the files, settings myself and optimized the game and they change some poo that throws everything the duck out the window and I'm back at square one.

I feel that Buddy it makes me so angry.

xxXSorekXxx

Same it didnt do anything either I will have to upgrade my pc AGAIN ! Or I guess I will spawn in late from now on xd I hope they fix it soon.  They should concentrate more on fixing then adding new. I hope they fix it asap I would really love to play this game normaly again....

Eventus64

Yeah same here i just bought the game.. first i was dealing with crashes because the game consumes over 10gb wtf? then when it finally did get past that point i get stuck at 100% map loading and it gets stuck for like a minute then it unfreezes and loads. if i do anything during that time that it is frozen it crashes the game. when the game is over i am usually stuck at a black screen for a good minute and a half before my stats start to show up. and they are charging full price for this?

DjDuctTape

I'm in the same boat. I started right before this last wipe, and the only map I can load in before raid is Factory. I'm not running a top tier rig or anything, but people are playing this poo on 4 year old MSI laptops. So I should be able to load in at the same time as them at the very least. Super frustrating, I pretty much have to scav at this point, because at least then I'm prepared to load late. 

Anyone wanna squad up since we're all late to the raid? Tired of my friends dying while I'm loading in. The least we can do is die together.

UncleDewhurst

Yeah same issue here, could run with absolutely no issue beforehand any map running fine. Now i'm getting the same issue as others have described where I get stuck on loading map 100% for several minutes, and loading loot also takes several minutes in itself. Before I get in my loading screen is generally 8+ minutes. Does anyone know if the devs have expressed any awareness on this issue? Furthermore how many people out there are experiencing this issue, I know it's a fair few but is it enough for the devs to take action fairly soon?

nickolouse
39 minutes ago, UncleDewhurst said:

Yeah same issue here, could run with absolutely no issue beforehand any map running fine. Now i'm getting the same issue as others have described where I get stuck on loading map 100% for several minutes, and loading loot also takes several minutes in itself. Before I get in my loading screen is generally 8+ minutes. Does anyone know if the devs have expressed any awareness on this issue? Furthermore how many people out there are experiencing this issue, I know it's a fair few but is it enough for the devs to take action fairly soon?

I filed a bug report for this issue earlier today. I would assume that they are already aware of and working on this issue. As someone who works in software validation I know these sorts of issues can be pretty difficult to find the root cause of hopefully it will be fixed soon. 

xxXSorekXxx

i think they are trying to fix it I dont know what this might be but only thing that comes to mind is really big memory consumption. 

I hope BSG will figure this out

Sebulous
1 hour ago, xxXSorekXxx said:

i think they are trying to fix it I dont know what this might be but only thing that comes to mind is really big memory consumption. 

I hope BSG will figure this out

I wish that was the case, then I could just buy more ram, I have the game on my SSD, 16GB of memory. Was loading Customs with task manager and a memory cleaner open, only 80% of my memory would be used during the time. It's only the game that does it, while it was shitting itself during the 100% I could alt-tab and open a chrome tab with no problem. 1k hours and more than $200 on the game, BSG doesn't even acknowledge the problem, they always try to tell me it's my RAM or SSD, it's not.

UncleDewhurst

If anything at this point i'd be happy just with bsg acknowledging it as an issue, I was planning on getting the prepare for escape edition of the game but now I don't plan on playing at all till it's fixed, and like many others I know it's not my hardware as I ran the game perfectly fine before and have good hardware if not a tad old but still more than enough to run the game always 60fps before. All I want is for bsg to say that they are aware of the issue and working on it, so I can at least have some faith that I can get back to playing some time in the nearish future, rather than being left in the dark thinking it could be tomorrow or next year.

Edited by UncleDewhurst

Octol

I've got the same issue. Loading map 100% and game freezes for few minutes. Before 12.7 everything was good.

For me the game is unplayable for now. I hope the problem will be solved.

Spcland12

I am in the same exact boat ever sense the customs expansion and sanitation man and the garbage pale kids I have not been able to load into a map at a decent time . My friends all load in and are having to wait on me and that's never happens before , I refuse to play on shoreline or any other map I mainly just run scav cause getting in late doesn't matter on reserve .   I also notice sense the latest patch they released  that Sutter's and jerks are really bad now too .  I hope they are trying to fix this because alot of people are effected and a lot are not so it has to be something on their end 

I also made a post on their reddit if anyone cares to comment and upvote maybe we can get enough votes to really get their attention or to at least acknowledge this issue 

nailpick

Same problem here. since 12.7 the game is near unplayable.

game freezes at loading map 100%. game then doesn't respond for 4-10 minutes  - screen frozen. then, if i'm lucky, it will unfreeze and ill get into a game. it's near impossible on customs and reserve. regardless of map, scav or pmc, I also sit at a black screen post raid now for upwards of 5 minutes before I get to the aftermath screen. the other maps aren't as bad but still never have had these kids of issues. hardware is fine. drivers are fine. done a clean install, almost everything I can think of on my end (both in game and in my system) and still no success. I'm convinced it's something on bsg's end.

Gamingdaddy1983

Yeah I have the same problem I report the issue and they told me after a few messages that they investigate the problem that's all I know for now 

CodeGrump

To add further information to this, I notice that when in the slow portion of loading into the map, the client window (borderless) seems to "flicker", as if losing focus: the task bar becomes visible at the foot of the screen, then is hidden again. This happens 3-4 times during the loading process.

Chestnutman

I have been having this same exact issue aswell. I am fairly new to Tarkov so when i get long load times and the late spawns in raid really dampens my experience and the want to keep going. Hopefully there is a fix for this soon, so it feels more fair for us having this issue.

Ry117

I just bought this game yesterday. My computer specs are the recommended ones not the minimum requirements but Everytime I’ve tried to get in a game my load times start going really slow at the generating loot part and when I finally get in it says server connection lost. I just tried again today after the update they just released. I got in a raid finally but it was very stutterey and it loaded me in with 2 minutes left in the raid. Help??

piriarttu

I upgraded and bought an ssd which fixed the loading 100% bug to some extent, it still freezes there for just less time and due to the ssd it now loads the loot and stuff just fast enough to get in with a countdown still. However since this update i'm still getting fps at levels which is borderline unplayable most of the time even on the lowest settings which before I could run high with a smooth 60fps. However the strangest thing is once every like 10 tries I will randomly be able to run a raid smooth 60fps and I don't know what causes this and it tends to happen for the rest of the time I play that session, however as soon as I close the game for whatever reason the next time I open it it tends to be back to running with awful stutters and low fps. Hoping this thread at some point gets the attention of the devs as 12.7 has wrecked the general performance of the game, and I know they said they would work in more content from now on but what good is content if many other people including those who haven't spoken online about having can't even play the content. The frequent weekly updates haven't been making much of a dent in the performance either so i'm not sure how long to wait until an optimisation patch hopefully comes through.

Nexuspeanut

Getting the same issue.

Reccomended Specs, SSD, 16gb RAM.

100% loading map and it takes an utter dump...

Sent off a bug repot and got a ticket response stating: "This is a known issue that is currently being worked on. Thank you for additional information!"

zolf

Found a fix, just uninstall the game, then the launcher. Once you have done that permanently delete every file related to tarkov and BattleState Games. Once that is done reinstall the launcher and the game. I did this and loaded fine, played tons of games and had normal loading speed the whole time.

fryguy5134

On 9/2/2020 at 7:03 AM, zolf said:

Found a fix, just uninstall the game, then the launcher. Once you have done that permanently delete every file related to tarkov and BattleState Games. Once that is done reinstall the launcher and the game. I did this and loaded fine, played tons of games and had normal loading speed the whole time.

I've tried this minus deleting every game related file, what all did you have to manually delete for this to work? Thanks for your response.

zolf
8 hours ago, fryguy5134 said:

I've tried this minus deleting every game related file, what all did you have to manually delete for this to work? Thanks for your response.

I deleted my whole BattleState Games folder. It should have the launcher/game in it before you uninstall those. I don't remember where it is standardly, because I made my own on my ssd.