Pryzies

New Player Perspective

Pryzies

New Player Perspective:

I'm sure the game has been out long enough that folks have had a chance to give beginner feedback but here goes mine. 

Honestly, I'm not new to the genre or FPS. I've been playing these kinds of games for a very long time. Now Tarkov seems to provide a fresh face to the mechanics of 'shooting people for fun' but there are particularly daunting holes in the beginner player experience that most likely have already been exhausted but I guess I'll put my gripes up on the heap along with the rest. 

First off - The game is hard; I get that. Well, hard isn't the word for it. Unrealistically hard? Perhaps that's the best way to put it. The single most important aspect of a game like this, in my opinion, is map awareness and for the life of me I can't understand why learning a map was designed to be the hardest part. The in-game map that you can purchase from a dealer is woefully inadequate and doesn't even resemble a realistic map you would happen to chance upon in a game which purports to be as realistic as possible..  If you take a map into offline mode it gives you next to nothing already but with so little amount of effort you guys could have done a lot better. Which brings me to my suggestion: Allow me to explore the map sure, but if I find a loot cache or a landmark just automatically indicate it on my in game map. This way I can earn what you guys call "exploration" experience more intuitively and make it a lot more beneficial to me as a newer player. 

Even better, preserve those icons, labels, indicators on my map when I find them so that it becomes a useful tool for me to continuously learn and make my way around during online mode. Just this feature alone would probably increase the likelihood that a newer player, such as myself, will stick around long enough to enjoy their experience with the game - god knows dying a billion times to lvl 40+ players at lvl 5 is enjoyable enough(sarcasm).

In short, the game already has an extraordinary learning curve and a feature modification like this shouldn't even be a blip on the radar of the hardcore folks that relish in the challenge that this game provides. Perhaps even it might enhance the challenge they get as newer player will become proficient faster rather than fizzle out and quit shortly after purchase. Again, I get that you set out to provide a game that caters to the hardcore FPS guys out there but in the quest to become that you've alienated the better part of the millions of other casual folks out there. With a few tweaks you could better their experience and deepen your pockets but that's entirely up to you of course. 

Make the maps better please.  

N1shazu
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pryzies said:

Unrealistically hard?

Nice feedback, most of what you wrote it’s common feelings among new players therefore I’ll roll out few things for you.

Yes the game is hard, especially if you play solo, it’s meant to be focused on team play, you can obviously play solo but it’s your choice! Unrealistically hard?No. realistically speaking your chances of surviving by yourself in a war or post war zone are really low. The game offers a lot of escamotage as it is obviously a game...See for example the  fact that you can play as a scav and transfer the loot to your main character without basically any risks.

for the life of me I can't understand why learning a map was designed to be the hardest part.

This is one of the best thing in the game in my opinion that has been unfortunately been bypassed by players posting video tutorials and the official wiki itself. 
The fact that you’re thrown in a map without any knowledge it’s in first place mesmerising and scary at the same time, I still remember the first raids I did, I was literally scared and my heartbeat on fire, this is something I’ve never experienced in a videogame before.

It’s pretty easy tho to get to know the map after 2/3 raids in offline, I don’t think the in game map it’s completely polished yet but even now you can add markers on it.

I really hope anyway that offline mode will be removed from the final product as it kills This initial learning part of the game which is maybe the best part. 

Allow me to explore the map sure, but if I find a loot cache or a landmark just automatically indicate it on my in game map.

This I don’t thing is gonna ever happen, the game has already minimal hud, all we need it’s a compass. I can also say we can already do good without a compass anyway, it’s just a matter of habits when it comes to call outs.

but in the quest to become that you've alienated the better part of the millions of other casual folks out there.

This is unfortunately a never ending topic.

So let’s leave it there. 🙂

But I’ll drop my humble point of view anyway:

I bought cod because I wanted to play something like cod. A Fast, Arcade, Easy  casual brainless FPS, and I like it for what it is.

Before buying Tarkov I did a lot of research, and coming from much more tactical and stimulative FPS I was totally sure I was buying something I would love.

The game isn’t finished yet, a lot of things haven’t been implemented yet and some that are, don’t make any sense, but....I do not think it is a FPS (Even tho it isn’t a pure FPS)for casuals players.

Edited by N1shazu
  • Like 4

Pryzies

Thanks for the reply, you make some good points. I do enjoy the game and coming from a software development background I can attest that the dev's have been working hard on this product. They also seem to care about player perspective and experience which is refreshing in a market that is solely based on profit. Hopefully they do make the maps a bit more intuitive and beneficial to those just starting out just to make that learning curve a bit less intimidating but we'll have to see. 

BTW, I see that you're a 'Sherpa' which I think is somewhat of a guide for the game? I took a link to the site to find one but for some reason the website said I was 'forbidden' and gave, I think, a 403 error. Matter of  fact the website and the game in general gave me weird firewall errors and anti virus warnings. Took me awhile just to install it lol. But again, thanks for the feedback. 

• Upvote 2

Antmax

MAPS

I've been playing about 3 days. Biggest problem I have is the lack of a compass. Just a button compass on my wrist or something gear somewhere so I can get my bearings. A map is useful, but in real life it isn't much help without a compass. Especially if you can't easily make out points of interest. I don't know if the game is easier for people that know Russian. As a newbie I have no clue what various buildings are because they have names in cyrillic writing etc. 

I think a compass would be a great addition and help me a lot.

EXTRACTION POINTS

The other thing is extraction points. Often you can guess where one is by a blocked off obstruction to an obvious exit to the map. But sometimes they are offset to a odd little clearing of space away from the edge which doesn't look like anything. So sometimes I really struggle. We are given their names, but they don't really mean anything a lot of the time.

SCAV MISSIONS:

I have mostly been playing with my Scav, originally in Interchange because the map is pretty easy with exits at the corners on a symetrical map. Then yesterday I started learning customs because of one of the first missions. I spent the first couple of days being annoyed because I thought I was being dumped out of the game. Not realizing that Scavs don't have the full raid time listed in the map information. Someone did respond to my post on the forum and put me straight. 

I think it would be useful if the Scav missing in action screen said something like. You did not meet the extraction time. Or some warning, like maybe your character starts glancing at his watch. I only found out that pressing [O] to see the timer was a thing and important.

Once I started pressing O I started seeing the numbers coming up in red in the last 9 minutes or so. For some reason I never noticed them before that. I just assumed the screen fading to black was the server kicking me out of the game, and the missing in action screen was just the default for being dumped off the server.

---------

I do really like the game. I grew up in England and lived near national trust and ministry of defence land. Had a private paintball club consisting of a few friends. We would go out and play in a similar fashion to this game where sound is a huge deal. The game feels pretty realistic on that front and I really like it. 

One cool game we used to play in our club was where you started all against all. But if you killed someone, they joined your squad and you worked as a team. Anyway, gone off on a tangent lol.

N1shazu

I took a link to the site to find one but for some reason the website said I was 'forbidden' and gave, I think, a 403 error.

I think it's because the forum login and the website login are two different things, go back to the website main page, login on the top right side of the page with your launcher details, in your profile page you can find "beginner assistance request a sherpa". If it is what you're already doing might be another issue with the page itself

davidj123456

The gear thing and being unable to kill players who are level 40+ is actually simply because you are new.

At level 0-20 there are plenty of good ammo types available both from traders and from flea market (7.62x39mm PS, 5.45 BT, 5.56 M856A1, and 7.62x51mm M80). In this game the ammo matters a lot more than the gun you are using.

A lot of people do not realise that most people do not wear Level 6, the most common "Good" armor is Level 5, the best of which is Defender2/Killa. If you fire 20-25 5.45 BT or 25-30 7.62 PS rounds into one of those Armors you will both Zero it and kill the enemy.

Armor does not save you in this game. Having good weapons and playing carefully does.

• Upvote 1

BanditMaka

Game shouldn't be balanced around you when you're new, because then there would be no challenge for you later.

davidj123456
2 minutes ago, BanditMaka said:

Game shouldn't be balanced around you when you're new, because then there would be no challenge for you later.

Exactly. What do you think of my post above yours?

ACuddlyBadger
22 hours ago, Pryzies said:

New Player Perspective:

I'm sure the game has been out long enough that folks have had a chance to give beginner feedback but here goes mine. 

Honestly, I'm not new to the genre or FPS. I've been playing these kinds of games for a very long time. Now Tarkov seems to provide a fresh face to the mechanics of 'shooting people for fun' but there are particularly daunting holes in the beginner player experience that most likely have already been exhausted but I guess I'll put my gripes up on the heap along with the rest. 

First off - The game is hard; I get that. Well, hard isn't the word for it. Unrealistically hard? Perhaps that's the best way to put it. The single most important aspect of a game like this, in my opinion, is map awareness and for the life of me I can't understand why learning a map was designed to be the hardest part. The in-game map that you can purchase from a dealer is woefully inadequate and doesn't even resemble a realistic map you would happen to chance upon in a game which purports to be as realistic as possible..  If you take a map into offline mode it gives you next to nothing already but with so little amount of effort you guys could have done a lot better. Which brings me to my suggestion: Allow me to explore the map sure, but if I find a loot cache or a landmark just automatically indicate it on my in game map. This way I can earn what you guys call "exploration" experience more intuitively and make it a lot more beneficial to me as a newer player. 

I think the maps should not be so learnable. They need to be somewhat randomly generated every now and then, the terrain should have a different shape, maybe some areas should be procedurally generated, stashes should be random. There should be no map that shows you where hidden stashes are, or where what loot is, that is too much information for a "hardcore" game about being in a warzone. 

Even better, preserve those icons, labels, indicators on my map when I find them so that it becomes a useful tool for me to continuously learn and make my way around during online mode. Just this feature alone would probably increase the likelihood that a newer player, such as myself, will stick around long enough to enjoy their experience with the game - god knows dying a billion times to lvl 40+ players at lvl 5 is enjoyable enough(sarcasm).

Chart things yourself like where what goes, when you extract or are in a vulnerable spot that you find yourself passing through often, look at potential spots someone would look at you from a scope from. Camp those spots. 

In short, the game already has an extraordinary learning curve and a feature modification like this shouldn't even be a blip on the radar of the hardcore folks that relish in the challenge that this game provides. Perhaps even it might enhance the challenge they get as newer player will become proficient faster rather than fizzle out and quit shortly after purchase. Again, I get that you set out to provide a game that caters to the hardcore FPS guys out there but in the quest to become that you've alienated the better part of the millions of other casual folks out there. With a few tweaks you could better their experience and deepen your pockets but that's entirely up to you of course. 

Make the maps better please.  

The maps are already extraordinarily well crafted. You are just having the sour experience of not knowing where what is. First and foremost, loot spawns and jump spots are not as important, learn the flow of players on maps, where they spawn, where they would rush, what routes you can use to take to extract. Don't worry about secondary things or playing the game like a completionist. Tarkov is not the type of game you complete by fleshing out map icons. Wrong mentality. Also, take it slow and deliberately. 

Bambooza

As a new player myself I too find this game brutally difficult and in many ways not what I was expecting.  To me the biggest frustration was the long time to get into a raid only for it to be over by a head shot with in 30 seconds, and no idea as to what I did wrong so I could learn from it. 

I did find the offline mode as a welcome learning tool that allowed me a chance to get familiar with several of the maps and scav AI behavior to the point now that its trivial to load into a map kill all of the scav's and extract.  Even loading into a raid as a player sav I am most of the time able to collect more gear (the new AI looting has made scavenging more difficult and so hunting friendly scav is now a must) and then make it to extract often times with player tags not just scav kills. 

But when ever I attempt a raid as my PMC the raid is typically short lived as I find myself back at the loading screen wondering what am I doing differently or if its just lots of cheaters targeting all of the PMC on the map.  I understand that some gear gives a huge advantage like ears in cutting out the ambient noise and as a new player I typically am at a disadvantage.  But how am I suppose to learn and progress when most of my time is spent at loading screens with no clear feedback as to what I did wrong and no exp to level towards 10 so that I can have access to better gear.   Most of my gear I end up selling as I run out of bullets and the level 1 traders do not even have ammo for it. 

I am not sure about the whole map reveal as you play on it nor does making the maps procedural change anything but add on the time to learn each set piece instead of a fixed map.  Perhaps change up spawn locations so that they are not so easy to camp or give the spawn in player a tactical advantage.  The other aspect would be some sort of kill cam to give that feed back as to why you died, and since sound is so very important to this game it needs to include what the other player was hearing as well not just seeing. 

LasseNielsen
On 8/2/2020 at 7:21 PM, davidj123456 said:

The gear thing and being unable to kill players who are level 40+ is actually simply because you are new.

At level 0-20 there are plenty of good ammo types available both from traders and from flea market (7.62x39mm PS, 5.45 BT, 5.56 M856A1, and 7.62x51mm M80). In this game the ammo matters a lot more than the gun you are using.

A lot of people do not realise that most people do not wear Level 6, the most common "Good" armor is Level 5, the best of which is Defender2/Killa. If you fire 20-25 5.45 BT or 25-30 7.62 PS rounds into one of those Armors you will both Zero it and kill the enemy.

Armor does not save you in this game. Having good weapons and playing carefully does.

Who are you playing against that will allow you to mag dump them in the chest?

I agree that PS is a fairly useful bullet, but mainly for headshots, saying that you can kill someone with 25-30 shots with 7,62 PS... Who would ever just stand there and take that many rounds?

And doing full auto with a akm without a sight, you need to hit all your shots... on center of mass, with a pretty shitty gun, with high recoil, on a moving target... Good luck with that.

And saying to newbies that's all they have to do... You're just trolling them, not adding anything to actually help them.

Pestily have a recent raid serie episode, where he is using altyn, slick and a AK with 5,45 BT. He lands so many hits on a duo of sweaty chads, but still gets killed... If he can't do it, how should a newbie get the drop on two veteran sweaty boys, using "beginner gear and ammo"?

BT and PS just aren't good enough to deal with chads. 

Bambooza

As a new player I am honestly ok with the gear imbalance and in fact those Chads are so noisy its easily to track them and leave them alone for the most part.  As for PP and BT ammo?  Where are you getting it as all I can ever find on the traders is PRS.  

davidj123456
27 minutes ago, Bambooza said:

As a new player I am honestly ok with the gear imbalance and in fact those Chads are so noisy its easily to track them and leave them alone for the most part.  As for PP and BT ammo?  Where are you getting it as all I can ever find on the traders is PRS.  

Flea Market sells 5.45 BT for 300 roubles a bullet (max 350) which is the standard price. PP is trash do not use it!

Bambooza
Posted (edited)

You do realize until we get to level 10 we do not have access to the flea market only traders and only trader level 1 gear.  

Edited by Bambooza

davidj123456
9 minutes ago, Bambooza said:

You do realize until we get to level 10 we do not have access to the flea market only traders and only trader level 1 gear.  

7.62x39mm PS from Prapor Level 1...
Level 10 takes a day or two to get maximum.

davidj123456
1 hour ago, LasseNielsen said:

Who are you playing against that will allow you to mag dump them in the chest?

I agree that PS is a fairly useful bullet, but mainly for headshots, saying that you can kill someone with 25-30 shots with 7,62 PS... Who would ever just stand there and take that many rounds?

And doing full auto with a akm without a sight, you need to hit all your shots... on center of mass, with a pretty shitty gun, with high recoil, on a moving target... Good luck with that.

And saying to newbies that's all they have to do... You're just trolling them, not adding anything to actually help them.

Pestily have a recent raid serie episode, where he is using altyn, slick and a AK with 5,45 BT. He lands so many hits on a duo of sweaty chads, but still gets killed... If he can't do it, how should a newbie get the drop on two veteran sweaty boys, using "beginner gear and ammo"?

BT and PS just aren't good enough to deal with chads. 

https://streamable.com/aoff53

In this video please ignore my random movement and inability to loot quickly. My CTRL Key was broken and we had two guys in discord trolling. One of them was giving false callouts and the other was constantly playing grenade pin sounds and other useless stuff. The reason I did not kill the first guy immediately is because he was dressed almost the same as one of the randoms who was playing with us.

About the video. In this video I am wearing Level 4 armor. The only difference between my gear and the gear of a lower level is that mine has more durability and my helmet is a tier higher. However I did not get shot in the head at all and my armor did not get zeroed so the durability did not matter. I could've been wearing the 40 Durability Level 4 Tactical Rig and a 6B47 Ratnik Helmet. Same thing.

My gun was Almost-Meta. It only has 8 recoil less than the build I suggested earlier for the AK74M. https://prnt.sc/ttbg1o. Saying that having 8 lower recoil is what allowed me to kill those two enemies is just idiotic. 

I had BT in my gun and still killed both enemies just fine. They both had Level 5 Armor & Level 5 Helmets. One of them had a Meta HK416 and the other had a good gun loaded with M995 which is Meta Ammo.

People forget a lot in this game is luck. Just because you saw a streamer get unlucky does not mean it will always be this way. Just because you saw a streamer turn around and headshot the entire lobby does not mean it will always be this way.

5.45 BT is available at Level 10 from Flea Market for regular prices. Level 4 Armor like I had is available from Level 1 Ragman which you unlock at Level 0...
The AK-74M build I posted above only has 8 more recoil than mine and all of the parts can be purchased from Traders at Level 15. Level 15 only takes a couple days to get. 

People really need to stop complaining about good gear because even now it is not that hard to overcome them. Especially once you are beyond Level 22 and can just unlock so many good bullets...

davidj123456

Here is another video. I had FMJ SX. An ammo you can unlock at Peacekeeper Level 3 which you unlock at Level 18. I was wearing Level 4 Armor & Level 3 Helmet. The enemy was firing M995 at me so my armor did not even matter.

He had an Altyn & Killa with a Meta HK416 that had M995 loaded. He had the advantage peeking first. You can clearly see him get complacent and even fire with his gun over his head. Most geared players get complacent when they see people who look like they have low gear. 

I am not saying I am good at the game or that it is easy. I am just saying it is not impossible and there are plenty of good ammo types available to low level players!

https://streamable.com/dyk8gu

Bambooza
33 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

7.62x39mm PS from Prapor Level 1...
Level 10 takes a day or two to get maximum.

I do wish it would take a day or two max but when ones PMC runs on avg last less then a minute with zero kills and zero exp its been taking much longer.   As I said earlier I do not know what I am doing wrong when my SCAV raids last much longer with a higher degree of success in extract with gear and PMC kills.  There is a lot to learn besides map locations and I get that and am working towards learning the gear, guns, sounds and how other players are using the maps.  

But to say it should only take 2 days max just goes to show you how out of touch you are with the new player experience.  

davidj123456
19 minutes ago, Bambooza said:

I do wish it would take a day or two max but when ones PMC runs on avg last less then a minute with zero kills and zero exp its been taking much longer.   As I said earlier I do not know what I am doing wrong when my SCAV raids last much longer with a higher degree of success in extract with gear and PMC kills.  There is a lot to learn besides map locations and I get that and am working towards learning the gear, guns, sounds and how other players are using the maps.  

But to say it should only take 2 days max just goes to show you how out of touch you are with the new player experience.  

Play in offline before playing online. Before you play online learn all the spawns on the map so you can try to avoid those players. Go watch some hatchet runs for each map, they tend to show the safest route.

Bambooza
28 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

Play in offline before playing online. Before you play online learn all the spawns on the map so you can try to avoid those players. Go watch some hatchet runs for each map, they tend to show the safest route.

Yep played a lot of the offline on both Customs and Woods until I got a hang of the weapons, SCAV movement/spawns spawn locations and extract locations.  But it only gets you so far and so now I am in the process of learning how to play against other players.   While thankful that the SCAV raids continue to be successful to keep the PMC from running around with only a hatchet.  

I like the fundamentals of this game and the fear of loosing ones gear especially as a new player makes it thrilling (even if the only way i get my gear back is from insurance returns).  I do not wish to take away from the fundamentals of this game as its what attracted me and keeps me coming back.  

It just is such a brutal learning wall that I do wish as others have said there was a way to provide feedback to help the learning process.  Most of the time I have no clue where the other player was or from where they shot me.  And at times I understand the sentiment of lots of wall hacks and cheaters, especially when creeping in the woods and getting head-shot.  Not saying they where as I have no bases to understand what is and is not possible from other players or if I just happened to not be as concealed as I had thought I was.  

But it is frustrating to be able to load up the Woods in offline mode kill all of the AI SCAV with out a scratch, start the same raid online and die to a player you never hear or see in a matter of a minute or two.  

I do agree with Pryzies that a map and compass would help, and wouldn't be a big deal given all of the maps already exist on web sites.  The other addition that would be helpful would simply be some sort of kill cam.  Show me how I messed up as of this moment all that I know is that I was shot and killed but don't know if it was just a random encounter or if I was telegraphing my location or walking into an ambush/camper spot.  

At this moment in time I do not feel the gear imbalance between new players and established players is as big of a factor as it seems most of the decked out players make themselves known with lots of shots fired and grenade explosions.  And I can choose to avoid their location or watch from a concealed location for a possible opening.  Well outside of factory but that is its own special kind of map.  

davidj123456
23 minutes ago, Bambooza said:

Yep played a lot of the offline on both Customs and Woods until I got a hang of the weapons, SCAV movement/spawns spawn locations and extract locations.  But it only gets you so far and so now I am in the process of learning how to play against other players.   While thankful that the SCAV raids continue to be successful to keep the PMC from running around with only a hatchet.  

I like the fundamentals of this game and the fear of loosing ones gear especially as a new player makes it thrilling (even if the only way i get my gear back is from insurance returns).  I do not wish to take away from the fundamentals of this game as its what attracted me and keeps me coming back.  

It just is such a brutal learning wall that I do wish as others have said there was a way to provide feedback to help the learning process.  Most of the time I have no clue where the other player was or from where they shot me.  And at times I understand the sentiment of lots of wall hacks and cheaters, especially when creeping in the woods and getting head-shot.  Not saying they where as I have no bases to understand what is and is not possible from other players or if I just happened to not be as concealed as I had thought I was.  

But it is frustrating to be able to load up the Woods in offline mode kill all of the AI SCAV with out a scratch, start the same raid online and die to a player you never hear or see in a matter of a minute or two.  

I do agree with Pryzies that a map and compass would help, and wouldn't be a big deal given all of the maps already exist on web sites.  The other addition that would be helpful would simply be some sort of kill cam.  Show me how I messed up as of this moment all that I know is that I was shot and killed but don't know if it was just a random encounter or if I was telegraphing my location or walking into an ambush/camper spot.  

At this moment in time I do not feel the gear imbalance between new players and established players is as big of a factor as it seems most of the decked out players make themselves known with lots of shots fired and grenade explosions.  And I can choose to avoid their location or watch from a concealed location for a possible opening.  Well outside of factory but that is its own special kind of map.  

What the things I told you to watch

Also. When you are super super new to the game, or when you are below level 10... it isn't just geared players which are the problem... its literally everyone. When you have PACA and Stock SKS you are still going to suffer to a Level 15 with the setup I suggested.

Uncley

What do we need to learn (and rule out cheaters) is Killcam (due to team play cam activates after the whole raid has ended)

Randomised Spawns and loot places would also make the game more balanced for those who do not know all the details of the map.

LasseNielsen
3 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

5.45 BT is available at Level 10 from Flea Market for regular prices. Level 4 Armor like I had is available from Level 1 Ragman which you unlock at Level 0...
The AK-74M build I posted above only has 8 more recoil than mine and all of the parts can be purchased from Traders at Level 15. Level 15 only takes a couple days to get. 

People really need to stop complaining about good gear because even now it is not that hard to overcome them. Especially once you are beyond Level 22 and can just unlock so many good bullets...

Again 5.45 BT is a decent round against everybody except chads. It is not viable to shot and kill anybody with good armour, the time to kill is to long. Any decent player, will have time to either shoot you or get into cover.

And you can buy everything from level 10 fleamarket, so yes buy and use BT, but don't expect it to do wonders against the sweaty boys.

And please don't use a barter item armour where you need several of two very specific items in order to get it. That makes it not an option for most people, as they barely can make it out alive.
The only armour the have acces to is the paca. Which will only save you against some scavs.

David seriously, you need to step back and see that you are an above average player, you can't tell people that aren't as good as you, to just do what you do. If they could do what you do, then they wouldn't have issues getting by in the game.

And advise that 25-30 rounds of 7,62 PS will take down killa armour... is just bad advise. And if you can't see that, then i don't know what else to say.

We agree on most things i suspect, but the idea that this game is only for hardcore gamers, i can't get behind. This is an awesome game, but it is just way to easy for skilled players, unless they meet other equally skilled players.

davidj123456
1 hour ago, LasseNielsen said:

Again 5.45 BT is a decent round against everybody except chads. It is not viable to shot and kill anybody with good armour, the time to kill is to long. Any decent player, will have time to either shoot you or get into cover.

And you can buy everything from level 10 fleamarket, so yes buy and use BT, but don't expect it to do wonders against the sweaty boys.

And please don't use a barter item armour where you need several of two very specific items in order to get it. That makes it not an option for most people, as they barely can make it out alive.
The only armour the have acces to is the paca. Which will only save you against some scavs.

David seriously, you need to step back and see that you are an above average player, you can't tell people that aren't as good as you, to just do what you do. If they could do what you do, then they wouldn't have issues getting by in the game.

And advise that 25-30 rounds of 7,62 PS will take down killa armour... is just bad advise. And if you can't see that, then i don't know what else to say.

We agree on most things i suspect, but the idea that this game is only for hardcore gamers, i can't get behind. This is an awesome game, but it is just way to easy for skilled players, unless they meet other equally skilled players.

What competitive games aren't like that?

Also watch my video I added earlier. I killed 2 chads using BT just fine. They had Level 5 armor & Altyn.
My point is its possible. Too many people on here say it is impossible.

LasseNielsen
3 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

What competitive games aren't like that?

Also watch my video I added earlier. I killed 2 chads using BT just fine. They had Level 5 armor & Altyn.
My point is its possible. Too many people on here say it is impossible.

But basicly all real competitive games place people after skill? It's just not fun seeing people "play" when you know the outcome before hand.

I watched your video. I know you argument is that BT is good enough. but.

So your video shows you and you team 3rd party a duo that killed sanitar and his minions.

First thing, you clearly know what you are doing. I value your feedback and willingness to help other be better at the game. I'm not taking anything away from your play or telling you how to improve, no need.

Second, you are playing in a team, with other players also using endgame gear. Most players you are advising don't have that option.

Third your gun would cost a newbie with access to fleamarket 450.000 roubles??? how can you say that doesn't help you a lot more then a new player with a aks-74?

The first guy you drop, clearly is really wounded or is armour is zeroed. Otherwise you could not drop a guy, in a gen4 with so few rounds of BT.

The second guy you kill, is surrounded by you and your mates, he had no room to escape, and he ended up in a no win situation in the bathroom.
You killed him, good kill. His armour however only had like 75% of max durability if not already damaged earlier from sanitar and his men. The gen4 also wasn't at full durability.

Your attemp to show that BT can take out level 5-6 armour, just showed that the armour needed to be damaged, before BT is to be effective against it.
It's not impossible, just unlikely, thats the reason why the mp-7 is so good even with a round similar to BT is the ROF (50% higher then ak) and how easy it is to get rounds on target (50 recoil for a 40k gun).

I actually think it would be fun to play with you, you seem like you know what you are doing, and you play the game be course you have fun with it. I would advise people to take you up on your offer and help them.