Pryzies

New Player Perspective

davidj123456
10 hours ago, LasseNielsen said:

But basicly all real competitive games place people after skill? It's just not fun seeing people "play" when you know the outcome before hand.

I watched your video. I know you argument is that BT is good enough. but.

So your video shows you and you team 3rd party a duo that killed sanitar and his minions.

First thing, you clearly know what you are doing. I value your feedback and willingness to help other be better at the game. I'm not taking anything away from your play or telling you how to improve, no need.

Second, you are playing in a team, with other players also using endgame gear. Most players you are advising don't have that option.

Third your gun would cost a newbie with access to fleamarket 450.000 roubles??? how can you say that doesn't help you a lot more then a new player with a aks-74?

The first guy you drop, clearly is really wounded or is armour is zeroed. Otherwise you could not drop a guy, in a gen4 with so few rounds of BT.

The second guy you kill, is surrounded by you and your mates, he had no room to escape, and he ended up in a no win situation in the bathroom.
You killed him, good kill. His armour however only had like 75% of max durability if not already damaged earlier from sanitar and his men. The gen4 also wasn't at full durability.

Your attemp to show that BT can take out level 5-6 armour, just showed that the armour needed to be damaged, before BT is to be effective against it.
It's not impossible, just unlikely, thats the reason why the mp-7 is so good even with a round similar to BT is the ROF (50% higher then ak) and how easy it is to get rounds on target (50 recoil for a 40k gun).

I actually think it would be fun to play with you, you seem like you know what you are doing, and you play the game be course you have fun with it. I would advise people to take you up on your offer and help them. 

1. My team had the gear of newbies. 1 guy literally had a pistol. Another guy had an arm band and was level 11.

2. My gun costs 175'000 Roubles. Meta AK74 only costs that much. No META gun in the game costs 450K. It only had 8 lower recoil than the build I suggested FOR newbies (check it in my post). Saying 8 less recoil is what made me win the fight is wrong.

3. I fired 15 bullets of BT at the first guy. 

4. He still had Level 5 armor. And I was the only one fighting him. My teammates were being scared outside and throwing grenades and whatever which did not hit him. None of them actually shot at the enemy and the enemy did not shoot at them either.

5. The armor was most likely at least a BIT damaged on both enemies from fighting Sanitar. But a META players armor would be damaged if he was fighting other players also, even if he won. So as long as you don't meet them first you should be fine. Even if you do meet them first, if I fired another 10 bullets at that guy I doubt he would have been able to do anything anyway. 

6. I do not understand your first sentence?

But I agree with what you are saying. It is still difficult. Most people who wear the higher tier armor are either really good players, or players who make few mistakes but utilize the armor to patch those mistakes.

Learning in this game can be very painful too. Once you learn the entire map in Offline mode, you then have to learn PMC spawns. PMC spawns is easy but then understanding where which spawn is most likely to go at a given time is another entirely different skill. After that you need to understand choke-points, locations where PMC's tend to fight, so on and so forth. All of this can require tons of hours and cause a player to just lose tons of gear while learning this.

The most important thing for new players is to understand that they voluntarily brought this game and it only gets more fun as you learn more. It is also important to understand that just because you do not like a particular system or mechanic does not mean it should be changed (although this is a separate argument entirely).

Bambooza

I do not believe anyone is suggesting that fundamental game mechanics or system should be changed.  Just sharing the experiences of new players stepping into the game and possible suggestions on new features that might help with the learning curve.   Not that the curve needs to be flatted or dumb down in anyway, but providing feed back loops that help new players learn would be helpful.  

Right now new players are facing opponents who are both better geared and more experienced at the game mechanics and meta of location advantages.  While the past practice has been to create different player pools to limit the farming of lower skilled players by higher skilled/equipped players I am not sure how effective it would be in this game.  But I do know that right now a lot of my deaths I do not know what I did wrong that lead to me being found and shot.  And looking over other posts there seems to be a lot of grumblings about possible epidemic of cheaters or not cheaters just good players, and so I wonder if not just new players but all players could benefit from more feedback on what lead to their deaths.  

Antmax
Posted (edited)

I have 60 hours in my first 12 days of playing and am approaching level 6. Admittedly I have only been using my PC every other raid the last 3 days. But it's really not that easy for a newbie with no experience. I only play Interchange (Scav) Customs (Scav and PMC)

I think my record short death was about 1m20s when I accidentally joined a night game in Customs, After waiting a moment to try and get my bearings, figure out where I was in the map and hoping to hear some shooting to avoid I started moving and ran around the first corner of a wall near Big Red and the Container Yard. I knew where it was because of the long pale wall with the inset closed rusty gate. Ran round the corner and got hosed down, only indicator was when they lit up from the flash of their automatic weapon riddling me with bullets. Was mostly my fault for messing up and starting at night, and then assuming it was safe to run blind around the corner lol.

Biggest issue for me is the flea market, From all the tutorial videos I was expecting it to open at level 5 (My current level) so I could complete some deals and hideout upgrades. I've been collecting so much stuff and only need a choice part here and there to get a 3-4 things built. That's taken up most of my EOD stash. I started playing PMC this weekend mostly because I upgraded to EOD and have the Gamma box so I almost always come out with something.

I typically last longer than 5 minutes. Being stealthy and avoiding confrontation means my average seems to be about 20 minutes. Scav on Interchange has about 80% success rate. Which is how I get the bulk of my resources for upgrades.

I think the flea market being pushed back to level 10 is what really holds me up the most at this point. 

Character.JPG

Edited by Antmax

sirbeavis
On 8/1/2020 at 3:38 PM, N1shazu said:

it’s meant to be focused on team play

Is it?

sirbeavis
On 8/4/2020 at 1:05 PM, davidj123456 said:

Level 10 takes a day or two to get maximum.

24-48 hours? or like 4 hours because I can tell you that I know people who have over 40 hours and are only level 8. I got to level 10 this wipe in 9 hours, but I focused on quests and ran factory to get kills this time. A casual player I'm guessing is around mid 20s this wipe

On 8/4/2020 at 1:23 PM, davidj123456 said:

Peacekeeper Level 3 which you unlock at Level 18

If you can unlock him at level 18... Got to get them USEC kills.

davidj123456
On 8/11/2020 at 1:37 AM, sirbeavis said:

24-48 hours? or like 4 hours because I can tell you that I know people who have over 40 hours and are only level 8. I got to level 10 this wipe in 9 hours, but I focused on quests and ran factory to get kills this time. A casual player I'm guessing is around mid 20s this wipe

If you can unlock him at level 18... Got to get them USEC kills.

Play factory non-stop and get all the kills within a few raids. Not that hard. The latest you will unlock him at is level 20.

Pryzies

image.thumb.png.ced125001c617f1022324e10e752f033.png

263 hrs played. lvl 13.. I'm sure there are others that share in my pain.