SG95

POLL: hackers

What should BSG do about hackers  

50 members have voted

1. 1. They should

• do whatever they are doing now
    • Do everything possible: Give us Kernel zero access anticheat, hardware bans, IP range bans
    • give us a better anticheat but not kernel zero with hardware bans

SG95

let BSG know what you think

davidj123456

I do not know much about IT. Why isn't option 2 the best option? If it is why have they not done it yet?

Harvg123
19 hours ago, SG95 said:

They obviously are doing as much as possible... beyond shutting down flea market temporarily which would cause literal derangement of 70% of players. 

How do you win a war against someone who isn't afraid to die?

behi09ma
12 minutes ago, Harvg123 said:

They obviously are doing as much as possible...  

How do you win a war against someone who isn't afraid to die?

this here ^

19 hours ago, SG95 said:

as far as i know the bans are hardware bans. cause in veritas recent video, the cheater that got banned mentioned that the ban was hardware ban but you know for every poo out there, there is a solution. they just spend more money to get over it

• Like 1

buckmg1

As far as I'm aware the only thing bad about kernel access anti-cheat is that the anti-cheat provider would have access to your files and be able to record everything your computer does. And shouldn't anti-cheat do that to some extent?

lls

I thought this was an old thread, and excuse me if i missed something..but battleye already does this as far as i know.

Or do you mean having this spyware on at all times even when out of game? That sounds like a little much for a game.

How about private hosted servers that you need to rent out from a third party company that BSG works with. As an admin of these servers all you can do is kick and ban players, no spawning items or any other admin controls. You have no access to server files it's all remotely hosted by another company. Your only power here will be to stop the obvious cheater. Sure there will be some admin abuse but it would only affect that specific server and the worse you can get is a local ban. You could always join another server or BSG hosted server until you find the right one.

This is the only thing that makes some other games bearable as it's so easy to cheat these days. And so hard to tell em apart when they try to hide. You got kids running hacks at 5 years old on roblox i see it all the time when i play with my daughter. If the corruption starts that young...

• Sad 1

-Tkullberg-
1 hour ago, lls said:

I thought this was an old thread, and excuse me if i missed something..but battleye already does this as far as i know.

Or do you mean having this spyware on at all times even when out of game? That sounds like a little much for a game.

How about private hosted servers that you need to rent out from a third party company that BSG works with. As an admin of these servers all you can do is kick and ban players, no spawning items or any other admin controls. You have no access to server files it's all remotely hosted by another company. Your only power here will be to stop the obvious cheater. Sure there will be some admin abuse but it would only affect that specific server and the worse you can get is a local ban. You could always join another server or BSG hosted server until you find the right one.

This is the only thing that makes some other games bearable as it's so easy to cheat these days. And so hard to tell em apart when they try to hide. You got kids running hacks at 5 years old on roblox i see it all the time when i play with my daughter. If the corruption starts that young...

As an admin of these servers all you can do is kick and ban players/And how do you know if they are cheating? And then they will force kick all the players and with that is abuse to the core.

zieft
7 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

I do not know much about IT. Why isn't option 2 the best option? If it is why have they not done it yet?

If there is strict hardware ban, once a cheater got banned, he wont buy another copy of the game, which means no benefit for BSG.

But I heard that EFT do have a relative not so strict hardware ban, but not sure.

lls
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, -Tkullberg- said:

As an admin of these servers all you can do is kick and ban players/And how do you know if they are cheating? And then they will force kick all the players and with that is abuse to the core.

The admin would need the unholy spectator tool. Demonized in this game for some reason.

Abuse to who? You can be kicked and banned from that one server. A server no one worth anything would ever play on. You will never play against them as all the losers end up in one server. The fair and just servers will be the most popular. This system exists in many games and is successful for anti cheat purposes. There is nothing new about it. Some of them can abuse but it's localized to that one server and you can still use the official or public servers.

The real issue is that this game has a flea market and player economy. And that can be abused. Time and time again we see this flea market is nothing but trouble and attracts the worst.

No system you guys can come up with cannot be undone. Your wasting your time with this method.

Edited by lls
  • Sad 1

-Tkullberg-
1 hour ago, lls said:

The admin would need the unholy spectator tool. Demonized in this game for some reason.

Abuse to who? You can be kicked and banned from that one server. A server no one worth anything would ever play on. You will never play against them as all the losers end up in one server. The fair and just servers will be the most popular. This system exists in many games and is successful for anti cheat purposes. There is nothing new about it. Some of them can abuse but it's localized to that one server and you can still use the official or public servers.

The real issue is that this game has a flea market and player economy. And that can be abused. Time and time again we see this flea market is nothing but trouble and attracts the worst.

No system you guys can come up with cannot be undone. Your wasting your time with this method.

Well say that you are a idiot that rent a server with admin controll, say that you wanna loot in peace.. well im gonna use kick all so i have my server for myself? Do you get what i trying to go with?

You say "you can still use the official or public servers." When they have all the gud stuff and they want pvp.. well.. let me giggle a bit.. where do you think they will come to? Yes, the high populated servers. Rent server is a big no in my eft world.

Can you come up with some better system then? Without destroying the flea?

lls
1 hour ago, -Tkullberg- said:

Well say that you are a idiot that rent a server with admin controll, say that you wanna loot in peace.. well im gonna use kick all so i have my server for myself? Do you get what i trying to go with?

You say "you can still use the official or public servers." When they have all the gud stuff and they want pvp.. well.. let me giggle a bit.. where do you think they will come to? Yes, the high populated servers. Rent server is a big no in my eft world.

We didn't always have the flea. It worked then.

You can have the server only allow to be started when it's full. Obviously i don't have all the answers in a 2 second thought in my head. But depending on anti cheats to solve the issue will never work. It hasn't worked in any game...ever..in over 2 decades that I'm gaming.. Just sayin.

Again i don't have all the answers and you make valid points. But working on new systems is better than this tired old useless anti cheat system.

Bankoletti
Posted (edited)

Forgive my ignorance, what does flea marked have to do with it?

Edited by Bankoletti

lls
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, -Tkullberg- said:

Here is a little more refined version..and it took 5 minutes:

admin has his own server

He can watch replays only when match is over. He can only kick/ban from that server when the match is over. If player is in game the kick/ban will come when it's over.

Lobby is centralized on BSG end and it tosses random people into the "private" player server. The player can select official, both or only private.

The admin will have no power other than to limit the cheater ever coming back on the same account. And he can do it immediately after checking the replay when match is done.

For any player, the benefit of selecting private is having an active admin on one of these servers and having a statistically better chance at getting a clean match. If you get banned for nothing, you would never know as you cannot select which private server to play on.

This took 5 minutes to think of. There has to be better method than anti cheat BS.

And yes he can kick all EFT players and the lobby can just not load without people. He could also kick hundreds of thousands of skilled players as they get assigned to his game..if you call that realistic.

Edited by lls

lls

The whole point of the player server idea is to crack down on hack users quickly. Like having a security guard on station at all times..you can still do the crime but someone will see it. Not everyone will rent a server, but just as there are people that will spend 20$ on hacks..there are many that will spend the same amount to police it.

You can set it to 25 bans on private servers in a short period = a ban on the private network for x amount of time. If you really are getting harassed by 25 admins then you can still play on BSG servers. If you are cheating then all you have access to is BSG servers until they get nabbed by the anticheat. It would be foolish to not select private servers if you're legit. For any cheater, they would be playing in fear as the ban counts creep up without them even knowing. 25 matches in a row, 25 possibilities of messing up.

DissAbledGamer

I would like to point out, the fact that many people are voting on this thread proves there are a lot more people who are active on the forum that are both aware and agree with the cheating issue in tarkov, as opposed to the minute number of forum members who are very active in the suppression and downplaying of the cheating issues in Tarkov. Hopefully they can see this and accept the fact that just because there aren't as many posts or people who speak up, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 

• Like 1

SG95

In my opinion, kernel zero access anticheat is a must have for tarkov, the amount of money that cheaters make through RMT is anought to buy multiple copies of the game, if we had kernel zero access anticheat the cheating problem would almost vanish

VS-UK_Gom3R
On 8/6/2020 at 12:56 AM, SG95 said:

In my opinion, kernel zero access anticheat is a must have for tarkov, the amount of money that cheaters make through RMT is anought to buy multiple copies of the game, if we had kernel zero access anticheat the cheating problem would almost vanish

It does not matter. The only people anticheat is a hassle for is people not using cheats. You can just google cheats for tarkov and people are discussing how to beat encryption in open forums dude. Nothing can be done as I use to say. If a clever person build something there is probably 1000 people more clever than that guy ready to exploit it. I think encrypting of everything is the way to go if possible. But how is that gonna work? And on top of that encryption is only golden if you have loyal employees and you manage to safeguard the encryption key. It is all about the green paper (dollars). So if you think cheating is bad in this game now? Wait for full release when you get bigger playerbase.