Jump to content
spyafer

Mosin is broken

Recommended Posts

spyafer

I've been using it a lot this patch and it's completely terrible now. Here's one example that just happened. I was playing as a scav and ran up on another player scav that was prone and shot him. he survived and had time to get up and take his pistol out. I shot him again. he survives again. he shoots me and I die. How could anyone survive a mosin shot less than 1 yard away, let alone two? Literally shot every bullet I had time to shoot, hit every single one and still died. 

Bolt action rifles were my favorite in this game and now this one is completely unusable. I've tried using it multiple times in multiple raids with good ammo. It's the same result every time. I feel like I'm shooting them with a tickle gun because it doesn't do anything.  "realistic as playable" or "realistic" do not apply to this weapon at all.  I even left one raid after hitting someone 4 times and still not killing them. 

For player scavs, you might as well just send them in with no gun and a handful of bullets they can throw at their enemy because it's the same exact thing. You can't realistically expect them to kill anyone with this gun if I can't even kill another player scav wearing tier 2 armor. If anyone is going to say "just shoot them in the head" then what is the point of using this gun at all? it's an extremely long time in between shots compared to other guns, so if the goal is to only go for headshots, why bother with such a slow gun? why not just bring a pistol at that point?

I would really like to see this fixed. If someone takes 4 hits from a mosin, no matter the ammo, shouldn't they die? considering how long it takes to hit someone with 4 shots from a mosin, I'd definitely expect them to die, why don't they? 

If there's something I'm missing please let me know, I'd love to hear it. but for now, I can't use this gun anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S5_Mr_Wiggle

its still great however it only really shines now at extreme ranges or guerrilla ambush type of fights.

 

it still ignores majority of armor just does alot less flesh damage if tarkov was more realistic there would only be a handfull of guns people would use and melee would rule the door way fights.

 

shotgun blasts to the legs would also be a even greater pain in the dck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skimer
18 minutes ago, S5_Mr_Wiggle said:

its still great however it only really shines now at extreme ranges or guerrilla ambush type of fights.

 

it still ignores majority of armor just does alot less flesh damage if tarkov was more realistic there would only be a handfull of guns people would use and melee would rule the door way fights.

 

shotgun blasts to the legs would also be a even greater pain in the dck.

On the contrary if left was more realistic, most guns would be viable as armor doesn't cover the whole body and limb shoots incapacitate many times, if anything many guns where more viable before when the limb damage multiplayer was 2 instead of 0.7-0.1, meaning that before 4 well placed shoots with a handgun could kill someone, but now people ignore 14 hits in the legs since it is no longer deadly.

 

And that is, without armor zones, aim punch, or seriously and realistic mid fire fight debufs like stagers for getting hit on the arm sustaining the gun, because in real life even if you are an heavily armored soldier, if someone gets multiple hits at close distance with 9mm weapon, you ain't firing back, even if you manage to aim your gun, you aren't going to hit anything, and don't even get me started with shotguns, they are still been used in war, by the most advanced and experienced armies, and that is because it is very effective, even against heavily armored opponents, you see, it is hard to shoot back when a direct center hit, may mutilate your arms to the point of loss of basic functionality, and instead of just hearing it from me, just look it up, shotguns do massive damage even against armor at close range, so nope, if anything this game has become too arcade in the ballistics department, just to enforce the AP rounds, full auto no recoil Meta, and it ain't a secret why.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awake

Mosin with LPZ ammo one shots people in the chest.

People: Mosin is broken! Why buy any other weapon???

Thorax HP increased by 5. Mosin with LPZ no longer one shots people in the chest.

People: Mosin is broken! Why even use that poo???

Funny.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaFotoAsesina

I feel you man.

I shot a scav to the chest 4 times at close range. Scav survived. I didnt.

Don't know if its a register issue but It didnt happen just for the mosin, I encounter two kinds of scavs lately. The ones made from butter and the terminators that eat grenades and poo lava without getting any reflux later on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidj123456

They should price weapons and ammo based on how good they are at killing people. A cheap af point and click... 1 tap anyone with level 4 and below (majority of new and intermediate players) was kind of broken...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xilia

Mosin, especially the infantry non-scoped model, should be back half price. Since you don't win close range DPS or long range DPS of automatic weapons since you have to fire atleast twice. Vepr Hunter is usually 1/3 the price and can win engagements easier at all ranges, m80 ammo is also better bang for your buck the LPS.

It can onetap heashot, but then again all weapons are deadly if you land pure headshots...

Its okay if mosin doesn't one tap a chest. But make it a cheap high skill weapon for people with no access to the flea market. No use punishing new/low level people not having access to the flea market for 25k costing vepr hunters.

And for the love of god, don't just go nerf the next used gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GhostZ69
2 hours ago, Awake said:

Mosin with LPZ ammo one shots people in the chest.

People: Mosin is broken! Why buy any other weapon???

Thorax HP increased by 5. Mosin with LPZ no longer one shots people in the chest.

People: Mosin is broken! Why even use that poo???

Funny.

Let me fix that for you:

Mosin with LPZ ammo one shots people in the chest.

Streamer:  Mosin is broken! I can't get my highlight reels because the gigantic highly powerful round is KILLING ME.

Thorax HP magically increased by 5. Mosin with LPZ no longer one shots people in the chest.

People: Mosin is broken! How can I put this gigantic round right through the heart of an unarmored person and they continue sprinting at me bunny hopping and then one tap me in the head with their Makarov like they did not just get hit in the chest with this gigantic round???  That is hardcore and realistic???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Orcrist641
7 hours ago, skimer said:

On the contrary if left was more realistic, most guns would be viable as armor doesn't cover the whole body and limb shoots incapacitate many times, if anything many guns where more viable before when the limb damage multiplayer was 2 instead of 0.7-0.1, meaning that before 4 well placed shoots with a handgun could kill someone, but now people ignore 14 hits in the legs since it is no longer deadly.

 

And that is, without armor zones, aim punch, or seriously and realistic mid fire fight debufs like stagers for getting hit on the arm sustaining the gun, because in real life even if you are an heavily armored soldier, if someone gets multiple hits at close distance with 9mm weapon, you ain't firing back, even if you manage to aim your gun, you aren't going to hit anything, and don't even get me started with shotguns, they are still been used in war, by the most advanced and experienced armies, and that is because it is very effective, even against heavily armored opponents, you see, it is hard to shoot back when a direct center hit, may mutilate your arms to the point of loss of basic functionality, and instead of just hearing it from me, just look it up, shotguns do massive damage even against armor at close range, so nope, if anything this game has become too arcade in the ballistics department, just to enforce the AP rounds, full auto no recoil Meta, and it ain't a secret why.

I'll add that shotguns are also primary weapon for intruder defense on US Navy submarines (primarily when in port, of course) because they won't puncture the hull or missile tubes, and because they can be shot around corners:

Yes, that's something you can actually do with shotguns when there are metal walls and floors... you can bank shots.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Orcrist641
1 hour ago, davidj123456 said:

They should price weapons and ammo based on how good they are at killing people. A cheap af point and click... 1 tap anyone with level 4 and below (majority of new and intermediate players) was kind of broken...

That's the least realistic suggestion of all. Since when do prices work like that?

It seems like the one piece of realism the better players do *not* want is the fact that any peasant with a bolt action rifle or improvised explosives can take down the most advanced and geared soldiers in the world. *That* dynamic is absolutely authentic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidj123456
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Orcrist641 said:

That's the least realistic suggestion of all. Since when do prices work like that?

It seems like the one piece of realism the better players do *not* want is the fact that any peasant with a bolt action rifle or improvised explosives can take down the most advanced and geared soldiers in the world. *That* dynamic is absolutely authentic.

Why does everything need to be realistic? This is a game. If you want that kind of realism go play Arma.

Edited by davidj123456

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Orcrist641
3 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

Why does everything need to be realistic? This is a game. If you want that kind of realism go play Arma.

Not everything. I'm not one of those fetishists. But I thought with your whole 'git gud' persona, that would be your vibe.

That said, having realistic imbalances is one of the things I like about this game. I like having high level players who can shred me at any instant, and I love that I can sometimes get the drop on one of them and make out like a bandit. I like the "messiness" of a game that isn't balanced to the point where there are no actual choices to make on weaponry because choosing the "right" weapons is just a matter of looking up the meta.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jdpeckham
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Awake said:

Mosin with LPZ ammo one shots people in the chest.

People: Mosin is broken! Why buy any other weapon???

Thorax HP increased by 5. Mosin with LPZ no longer one shots people in the chest.

People: Mosin is broken! Why even use that poo???

Funny.

they are different people. and thus how online games (or humans) work. Grass is always greener.

41 minutes ago, Orcrist641 said:

Not everything. I'm not one of those fetishists. But I thought with your whole 'git gud' persona, that would be your vibe.

That said, having realistic imbalances is one of the things I like about this game. I like having high level players who can shred me at any instant, and I love that I can sometimes get the drop on one of them and make out like a bandit. I like the "messiness" of a game that isn't balanced to the point where there are no actual choices to make on weaponry because choosing the "right" weapons is just a matter of looking up the meta.

amen to this. a perfectly balanced game is a boring game. go look at every 'rock paper scissor' type of meta in rpg games. They are snoozers. Here there is risk that a lowbie near-naked dude with a  mosin/svd might wreck you so even if you have full T5/6 you tread a bit lightly. 

BUT, can we stop saying 'realistic' and switch to plausible? because none of this is realistic. heals/meds, running on pain killers with two broken legs, etc

Edited by jdpeckham
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spyafer

I want to point out that in my original post I am not asking for 'realistic'. I used both terms because that is what both sides are constantly arguing about. My point is that this gun right now is neither 'realistic' OR 'realistic as playable'. Of course it can still kill people in the head with a 1 shot. That wasn't my point. It's that why would you bother with how slow it shoots if you're going for headshots? You can bring anything else and get the same result with 10 times more chances to get the shot in than you would have with the Mosin. 

If I take a shot with the Mosin, if it is not a headshot they will know my position and I still have to load the next round before I can even take another shot. If they're hit by 4 of my shots and still live, they've had more than enough time to shoot 30 bullets from any automatic gun, reload it, and shoot 30 more in the time I took those 4 shots. If I'm still alive, I better hit them in my last shot, because if I don't that means reloading for the next 10 seconds while they're free to do whatever they want, right in front of my face.

I want to see this gun able to effectively kill people just as the other guns. Right now it's lacking and needs work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2