Jump to content
Superafer

Only I think the killing effectiveness of the 5.45mm bullet is not true?

Recommended Posts

Superafer
Posted (edited)

I understand that there is a better price for this series of bullets, but I think the gap is very big compared with the same type of competitors. I admit that I am a fan of Russian weapons, but at present, the attack power and performance of the 5.45mm BT are not even as good as those of the submachine gun 7n31, let alone the popular 5.56mm bullet.

I understand that he has higher penetration and longer range than submachine gun bullets, but at present, I don't think that the 5.45mm bullet and weapons match well. I think it is reasonable to improve some attack power.

Sorry, the above is from the translation software, there may be errors.

547437859_QQ20200803205215.jpg.ff8f4009b6f0be9fe967ecd1687c2fe4.jpg

Edited by Superafer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DukeLander

5.45 and 5.56 are devastating on human target WITHOUT armor.

But even improved versions like M855A1 struggling with American lvl 3 armor, I think it is lvl 4 on russian side, not sure.

In short, both types have big trouble to penetrate any plated armor like steel/ceramic/carbon.

There is some video how some guy tried to brake armor plate with 5.56, he managed after 15+ shots in same point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Superafer

 

2 hours ago, DukeLander said:

5.45 and 5.56 are devastating on human target WITHOUT armor.

But even improved versions like M855A1 struggling with American lvl 3 armor, I think it is lvl 4 on russian side, not sure.

In short, both types have big trouble to penetrate any plated armor like steel/ceramic/carbon.

There is some video how some guy tried to brake armor plate with 5.56, he managed after 15+ shots in same point.

The key is the bullet's lethality to human body. I think the current version of 5.45mm is really weak.

Some people say 5.45mm BT penetration ability is higher than m856a1. Now m856a1 is really stronger in the game. I don't know if there is more scientific information, but in any case, the lethality of 5.45 is not enough. For targets that can be killed by 2 bullets of 5.56mm bullet, 3 bullets are needed for 5.45mm bullet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperborean_

Was BT nerfed recently or something? It went from being the meta mid-range 5.45 ammo to something that I've been having trouble even using on scavs. Or have they had a health buff I wasn't aware of?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Superafer
1 hour ago, Hyperborean_ said:

Was BT nerfed recently or something? It went from being the meta mid-range 5.45 ammo to something that I've been having trouble even using on scavs. Or have they had a health buff I wasn't aware of?

When I deal with Scav, I even shoot half a 30 shot clip, if the other side has a level 4 chest armor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DukeLander

NPC scavs are aliens in tarkov. They have other hp system, not like pmc and they are not really comparable with pmc's.

Hatchlings are best to show bullet lethality.

It takes max 2 bullets with any ammo to take them down.

So bullets are lethal on non armored targets.

Problem comes with armor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hermanJnr
18 hours ago, DukeLander said:

In short, both types have big trouble to penetrate any plated armor like steel/ceramic/carbon.

There is some video how some guy tried to brake armor plate with 5.56, he managed after 15+ shots in same point.

I’m not sure about 5.45 penetration, but I think the problem is the game doesn’t really model blunt damage very well atm.

I watched a video last night that showed, as in-game, the PACA does indeed stop hollowpoint slugs.

However despite stopping them, concrete blocks behind the paca get completely destroyed by the force of impact. Your ribcage would be dust even with no penetration.

in the same fashion I wouldn’t be surprised if that many 5.45 shots would disable the armour wearer even without penetration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DukeLander

I have mentioned before in some similar discussion:

My friend, police spec forces got 9mm bullet in ribs on lvl 3 non plate kevlar armor.

He was instantly on the ground with few broken ribs and lost air and 3 weeks in hospital.

He said he never felt such a impact and pain in his life.

And that did only one 9mm bullet from short barrel pistol.

But there were guys who told me it is a lie and anybody can stand 9mm bullet impact without problem...

I cannot imagine what impact makes M80 to men on plated armor.

And still we are dancing left right in game while receiving bunch of bullets on our bodies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Superafer
1 hour ago, DukeLander said:

I have mentioned before in some similar discussion:

My friend, police spec forces got 9mm bullet in ribs on lvl 3 non plate kevlar armor.

He was instantly on the ground with few broken ribs and lost air and 3 weeks in hospital.

He said he never felt such a impact and pain in his life.

And that did only one 9mm bullet from short barrel pistol.

But there were guys who told me it is a lie and anybody can stand 9mm bullet impact without problem...

I cannot imagine what impact makes M80 to men on plated armor.

And still we are dancing left right in game while receiving bunch of bullets on our bodies.

This gamer will not fall down after being shot, and will not have some feedback actions

In reality, people will not be able to stand up if they are affected by large caliber rifles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlooDxHound
7 hours ago, DukeLander said:

NPC scavs are aliens in tarkov. They have other hp system, not like pmc and they are not really comparable with pmc's.

Hatchlings are best to show bullet lethality.

It takes max 2 bullets with any ammo to take them down.

So bullets are lethal on non armored targets.

Problem comes with armor.

''So bullets are lethal on non armored targets.'' I shot sanitar 30 times with 5.45 BT point blank and he survived until the last shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DukeLander

Sanitar is pmc?

Damn man, at least read your quotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Superafer

5.45mm BT I think the more you use it now, the more you hate its efficiency.

And as a tracer, it will expose your position, but its effectiveness is very poor.

Similarly, the lethality of BS and 7n39 in this version of the game is frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlooDxHound
2 hours ago, DukeLander said:

Sanitar is pmc?

Damn man, at least read your quotation.

He is an unarmored target and he is human, thus he should have the same health values as any other human. So your statement ''So bullets are lethal on non armored targets'' is wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DukeLander

Nop, while you twisting/cutting out my statement.

Again, npc's are not same as PMC's.

Hatchlings are best example how lethal are bullets, not npc.

How many bullets Killa boss takes to take him down and how many bullets take you down if you wear Killa armor?

Huge difference.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2