Jump to content
davidj123456

Please stop complaining about gear and ammunition! Comprehensive Guide!

Recommended Posts

davidj123456

NOTE: I am personally in favor of making the game harder across the board. I think Level 5-6 Armor should be harder to find, but so should good ammunition. Same goes for how effective armor is. I think there should be mechanics in place for new players to be able to kill veterans, as this will keep veterans on their feet. I was not a fan of the 1-shot point-and-click Mosin which could 1-tap level 4 and below, but I am a fan of there being ammo types, such as SNB, which are readily available on Flea Market to Level 10 players, which can already 1-shot any helmet in the game and which can penetrate any armor in the game. This is my mindset; game should be as unforgiving and hardcore as possible for all players.

HOWEVER; what we currently have is what we currently have. I love seeing discussion about what the future of the game should be, but I hate people constantly complaining about what we have now and generally being destructive, saying how it is impossible for everyone to fight higher-geared players. I just want to address this.

First of all I want to highlight some common misconceptions:
1. Low level (I mean actual literal in-game Level) players are unable to kill High level players. = Just because someone is a high level does not mean they will always have good gear
2. Low level players only have access to bad ammunition and gear. = Many options available which are listed below
3. Level 5-6 Armor is invincible to an extent. = Positioning, movement, and putting fights in your favor make you invincible. Not your gear!

Honestly at Level 22 and above you start having access to so many good rounds I won't even bother going above Level 22 in this thread. Level 22 already unlocks FMJ SX for the MP7A1. That gun and ammo can shred an Altyn or a Defender-2 within a second. At Level 10 you can already just go and buy decently priced Level 5 Armor from Flea Market if you really want to so that just is not worth mentioning either!

The information I am using below is after the first 3 weeks of a wipe. During those first 3 weeks the Flea Market is basically impossible to use and the game rewards those who are able to spend more time playing it (as well as skill, to be honest). This happens in a lot of games that wipe, such as Rust. 

Please note that Level 4 and below armor is only really meant for protection from Scavs. Do not expect it to protect you or your enemy against actual rounds that PMC's can buy which I listed below. Also remember that every round in the game has a chance to penetrate every armor in the game. A round with 40 penetration will penetrate a Level 4 armor, but a round with 37 penetration has a fairly decent chance to penetrate level 4 also!
In this game sound is king! You will win most fights where you fire first and when you get the sneak on someone! When you start landing accurate shots onto an enemy they start to panic. The accurate shots will not only make them panic but will disorient them, make pain effects set in, probably black out some of their limbs which have their own instant negative effects, and so on. Most players won't just be able to turn around and 1-tap you unless you either got unlucky or just were not hitting your enemy. You can very easily land 15 rounds of 5.45 BT into an enemy without them even turning around (with AK74M it takes under 2 seconds). Start engaging the enemy on your terms and not on theirs!


AMMUNITION
During Level 0-9 players can buy 7.62x39mm PS ammunition from Prapor Level 1. You can also buy decent modifications for the AKM. You can load this ammunition into the AKM and the SKS both of which you can buy at this level. If you find any other gun that can use it, then do so! Here is a Trader Level 1 build for the AKM: https://prnt.sc/ttbf7z

At Level 10 you now unlock the Flea Market as well as 7.62x51mm M80 from Peacekeeper Level 2. I do not support buying Attachments from Flea Market, but ammunition is fair game. The ammunition you can buy from Flea Market which is not overpriced and is actually good is
5.45 BT (350 Per Bullet)
7N37, SNB, and 7N1 for the Mosin
9x39 SP-5 for VSS/AS-Val

There are not many good attachments available until Level 15 but at Level 10-14 you can use a stock AS-Val, VSS, Vepr Hunter, M1A, SA-58, or Mosin and still do very well with it. As a matter of fact M80 will completely shred through Level 5 gear.

At Level 15 you unlock Level 2 Traders (Level 20 for Mechanic Level 2). At this stage you can now buy proper attachments for ADAR, M4, AK74M, AKM, and the SKS. At this stage I would still also recommend the Stock M1A as you can easily put a sight onto it and it is easy to control. Some good builds for these weapons are: 
https://prnt.sc/ttbga7
https://prnt.sc/ttbg6j
https://prnt.sc/ttbg3m
https://prnt.sc/ttbg1o
https://prnt.sc/ttbfxh
https://prnt.sc/ttbfui

Also note that some of these builds do require Mechanic Level 2, but those parts are fairly cheap on Flea Market. Once you get Mechanic Level 2 you can craft in the hideout; M856A1 for about 300 per bullet and also AK74M's for about 10K.

All of these ammo types can very easily kill anything that has Level 4 and below armor. These people will just not be much of a threat, and since most people in this game use Level 4 armor, you should be completely okay!
In terms of people using Level 5-6 Armor, rounds such as M80 will completely shred them. It will only take a few bullets to zero whatever armor they have and the rest will kill them, not to mention the fact that M80 can penetrate most face-shields in the game. On a gun such as the M1A you will be able to completely decimate them.
M856A1 and BT will also be able to contest Level 5 Armor very well. It will take about 15 of each bullet to zero a Level 5 Armor but this is definitely doable if you get the drop on someone. The M4 build I showed you earlier has a fair amount of recoil but the weapon has a very high rate of fire so if you are within 30m you should have no problem killing an enemy. The AK74M build has much less recoil and is easier to control but has a slower rate of fire so for this weapon you might not want to get too close to the enemy and preferable stay 20-60m. 

In this game everything depends on the ammunition you use. I really hate it when people tell me "Go back to Level 10 and try using 5.45 T Ammo". Just do not do this. Avoid crap ammo like the plague. You have better options! Do not forget that 90% of the Face-Shields people use are Level 3. ALL of the ammunition I listed above will 1-tap any of these people in the face and penetrate this face-shield. Doesn't matter if they are wearing an AirFrame, TC800, TW ExFil, or whatever. Most of the bullets above even have a high chance to 1-tap the helmet itself. 

ARMOR
Before Level 10 you have access to almost nothing. Your best bet is to keep on using your Scav until you stock up on some Level 3 and Level 4 Armor. After that you can buy the SSH helmet from Ragman level 1 and just pair it with whatever armor you have available. Once you unlock Flea Market you can continue buying the SSH Helmet from Ragman but you can now also buy the cheap Level 4 Armored Rig as well as ComTac headphones.
Once you unlock Flea Market you can even just go and buy an Altyn & Defender-2 for standard prices. At Level 10 you can literally have meta gear for the prices everyone pays for them. Nothing is stopping you from buying it!
People complain that the last gearset I mentioned does not protect you (Level 4 Rig with Level 3 SSH Helmet). It is not meant to. Level 4 and below is only meant for protection against Scavs. Level 5 armor is the only thing that will save you. Even if you are wearing a Slick Plate, unless you have an Altyn on you are not tanky. If you have an ExFil someone with my Trader Level 2 AK74M using BT can just accurately spray you in the face or even 1-tap you in the head. 



TL;DR: You have access to both decent and good ammo at early levels. You even have access to decent armor and gear. Even at Level 0 you have access to ammo and weapons which can easily wipe out 90% of players, since most players use Level 4 armor. You do not HAVE to use crap ammo, you have many choices. Level 6 armor is incredibly rare to see; I only run into people wearing it from time to time. Level 5 is more common but as I explained most rounds listed above can easily contest it. It also does not take long to get Level 15 or Level 20. If you just got the game it is a week at most. There are plenty of places where you can learn how to play the game including EFT Forums, EFT Discord, Offline Mode, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube, etc! Use that information!

TL;DR 2: Armor won't save you in this game. Movement, positioning, and sound will save you. Putting or setting up the fight to go in your favor will save you to. Play smart and you will do fine against complacent people with meta gear who think you aren't a threat!

  • Like 4
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 7
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
traumacode

I agree with most of this - I would just add that as you learn the game's maps, Reserve is a great map to get access to some of the better ammo (and gear) early on, even from level 1 if it's not your first wipe.  SNB, 7N1, BP for 7.62x39, and BS ammo is  literally all over the map, most of it out in the open or in the 4 buildings by the helicopter on the west side of the map.  If you are a decent shooter, you can even take out some raiders with some of the ammo David mentioned and grab great gear early on including the raider's high tier ammo/mags.

 

I agree this game should be more difficult to access high level armor.  I agree it won't save you from a better player (nor should it ever).  I have actually gotten away from wearing armor and helmets late patch because it makes you more mobile, especially in tight quarters combat.  The downside (as you mentioned) is Scavs can still nail you in 1 shot but as you learn their habits, you can avoid gettin shot by them or coordinate with your squad to distract them (especially raid bosses).

 

I would even go as far to say that buying higher tier ammo should also further be limited (they came a long way with taking out BS from Prapor and limiting numbered rounds for other things like 7N1.  My favorite part of a new wipe is the first few weeks when the ammo is scarce and everyone is on equal playing grounds -  we all run around with low tier gear, grabbing any gun and ammo that we can to survive.  That all changes a few weeks in once traders level up and we can access better gear/attachments.

 

Good post, I doubt most would agree the game needs to be harder than it is, but that feeling comes with many hours of play time (maybe we are just getting bored at this point as I am sitting at about 7-800 hours myself in the last few years).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidj123456
34 minutes ago, traumacode said:

I agree with most of this - I would just add that as you learn the game's maps, Reserve is a great map to get access to some of the better ammo (and gear) early on, even from level 1 if it's not your first wipe.  SNB, 7N1, BP for 7.62x39, and BS ammo is  literally all over the map, most of it out in the open or in the 4 buildings by the helicopter on the west side of the map.  If you are a decent shooter, you can even take out some raiders with some of the ammo David mentioned and grab great gear early on including the raider's high tier ammo/mags.

 

I agree this game should be more difficult to access high level armor.  I agree it won't save you from a better player (nor should it ever).  I have actually gotten away from wearing armor and helmets late patch because it makes you more mobile, especially in tight quarters combat.  The downside (as you mentioned) is Scavs can still nail you in 1 shot but as you learn their habits, you can avoid gettin shot by them or coordinate with your squad to distract them (especially raid bosses).

 

I would even go as far to say that buying higher tier ammo should also further be limited (they came a long way with taking out BS from Prapor and limiting numbered rounds for other things like 7N1.  My favorite part of a new wipe is the first few weeks when the ammo is scarce and everyone is on equal playing grounds -  we all run around with low tier gear, grabbing any gun and ammo that we can to survive.  That all changes a few weeks in once traders level up and we can access better gear/attachments.

 

Good post, I doubt most would agree the game needs to be harder than it is, but that feeling comes with many hours of play time (maybe we are just getting bored at this point as I am sitting at about 7-800 hours myself in the last few years).

Most veterans get level 5 gear second day of a wipe. Most active players get maxed traders within a week. Nikita even said this wipe too many players got top tier weapons and ammo just too quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oatmealjones

This is a really good post with a lot of helpful information. I think the biggest “issue” with the game is just a new player has no idea what is going on. There are so many systems in place that it can really be overwhelming when nothing is even remotely touched on in game. 
this is my first wipe and for the first 10 ish levels I was convinced that this game was garbage, long story short I was garbage but it wasn’t entirely my fault. Between the different rounds, armor classes/coverage, gun mods, health system, and extract spots its a lot to figure out all at once. With the lack of in game information on what all these systems mean or even how they work I feel there should be a bit more information available in game. I’m not asking to have my hand held through a tutorial or for the first few levels, I think though a huge help to new players would be someway for them find penetration values in game.

I’m not asking for anything in game to be made easier, I just think even with realism in mind this info could be in the game, I mean if I can look at a round and know it’s type I should also be able to know it’s effectiveness. Nothing like using absolute dogshit ammo for the first few levels and not being able to figure out why I’m pumping people with rounds and they just keep going.

5 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

Most veterans get level 5 gear second day of a wipe. Most active players get maxed traders within a week. Nikita even said this wipe too many players got top tier weapons and ammo just too quickly. 

From what I can see about the game is once you know the quests, unless they change wipe to wipe, you can start collecting things from day one. I know I sold a lot of things that I wound up needing for quests and it would have saved me a lot of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidj123456
3 minutes ago, oatmealjones said:

This is a really good post with a lot of helpful information. I think the biggest “issue” with the game is just a new player has no idea what is going on. There are so many systems in place that it can really be overwhelming when nothing is even remotely touched on in game. 
this is my first wipe and for the first 10 ish levels I was convinced that this game was garbage, long story short I was garbage but it wasn’t entirely my fault. Between the different rounds, armor classes/coverage, gun mods, health system, and extract spots its a lot to figure out all at once. With the lack of in game information on what all these systems mean or even how they work I feel there should be a bit more information available in game. I’m not asking to have my hand held through a tutorial or for the first few levels, I think though a huge help to new players would be someway for them find penetration values in game.

I’m not asking for anything in game to be made easier, I just think even with realism in mind this info could be in the game, I mean if I can look at a round and know it’s type I should also be able to know it’s effectiveness. Nothing like using absolute dogshit ammo for the first few levels and not being able to figure out why I’m pumping people with rounds and they just keep going.

From what I can see about the game is once you know the quests, unless they change wipe to wipe, you can start collecting things from day one. I know I sold a lot of things that I wound up needing for quests and it would have saved me a lot of time.

Exactly... this is why I say anyone can get level 40 within 10-14 days. I got it day 5 of wipe, most of my friends got it day 4-6, and most streamers get it day 1-3...
Anyone with half a brain and a decent amount of time can do it in a week...

About the information. Remember how much info there is on: EFT Forums, EFT Discord, Offline Mode, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube, etc! Use that information!
Every game is hard if you just got it. Look at games like CSGO, Rust, DayZ, etc which give absolutely no guidance to beginners. People figure it out quickly because of how much information is available online!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
traumacode
4 minutes ago, oatmealjones said:

This is a really good post with a lot of helpful information. I think the biggest “issue” with the game is just a new player has no idea what is going on. There are so many systems in place that it can really be overwhelming when nothing is even remotely touched on in game. 
this is my first wipe and for the first 10 ish levels I was convinced that this game was garbage, long story short I was garbage but it wasn’t entirely my fault. Between the different rounds, armor classes/coverage, gun mods, health system, and extract spots its a lot to figure out all at once. With the lack of in game information on what all these systems mean or even how they work I feel there should be a bit more information available in game. I’m not asking to have my hand held through a tutorial or for the first few levels, I think though a huge help to new players would be someway for them find penetration values in game.

I’m not asking for anything in game to be made easier, I just think even with realism in mind this info could be in the game, I mean if I can look at a round and know it’s type I should also be able to know it’s effectiveness. Nothing like using absolute dogshit ammo for the first few levels and not being able to figure out why I’m pumping people with rounds and they just keep going.

From what I can see about the game is once you know the quests, unless they change wipe to wipe, you can start collecting things from day one. I know I sold a lot of things that I wound up needing for quests and it would have saved me a lot of time.

This is a very mature attitude and I am glad you didn't give up on the game - there's a lot to enjoy once you get past the learning curve.  Also, don't be afraid to reach out and get resources or run with experienced players (I know I love to run with lower level players to help teach them the way people taught me).  There's ammo charts with penetration values, many videos that show loot locations and key locations as well as which doors they unlock, etc.  It's really helpful to watch simply to help orient you to the maps and spawn points.  This is how I started out as well and it saved many hours of trial and error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skyflashde
vor 4 Minuten schrieb davidj123456:

About the information. Remember how much info there is on: EFT Forums, EFT Discord, Offline Mode, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube, etc! Use that information!

Thats not how you create a game. The game has to stand by itself.

If people need to go online not to get wasted, then the game has utterly failed in presenting a good game experience.

The only excuse that the devs have for the shambles of a new player experience is that they arent done with the game. But that really is a bad excuse after so many years.

This new gaming style of watching streamers instead of just playing the game, going on a Wiki that gives all the games secrets for free  before they even touch the game or needing a full squad to hold their hands when playing is friggin appaling.

When I was young WE JUST PLAYED THE ducking GAME.

We really need to go back to that.

We also need to get rid of streamers that do nothing useful in their stream. Just playing the game is not content. Nothing being said about info/help videos that show how to do something complicated. But this "hey watch me play some game like everyone else" is a trend that needs to be stopped right now.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oatmealjones
11 minutes ago, traumacode said:

This is a very mature attitude and I am glad you didn't give up on the game - there's a lot to enjoy once you get past the learning curve.  Also, don't be afraid to reach out and get resources or run with experienced players (I know I love to run with lower level players to help teach them the way people taught me).  There's ammo charts with penetration values, many videos that show loot locations and key locations as well as which doors they unlock, etc.  It's really helpful to watch simply to help orient you to the maps and spawn points.  This is how I started out as well and it saved many hours of trial and error.

The only thing I thought was weird after finding the information I needed for the game was 1, my guy can perform field surgery on his leg by himself but doesn’t know how effective certain rounds are? And 2 pre flea market is definitely a pretty big disadvantage for new players who need every advantage they can get early on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidj123456
48 minutes ago, oatmealjones said:

The only thing I thought was weird after finding the information I needed for the game was 1, my guy can perform field surgery on his leg by himself but doesn’t know how effective certain rounds are? And 2 pre flea market is definitely a pretty big disadvantage for new players who need every advantage they can get early on.

Imo there should be a campaign where everything happens and it teaches you everything throughout. EFT is meant to be a hardcore game so they should not just spoon-feed you information. 
For example if there is a mission on customs there will be combat in the highest populated areas. Maybe one of the characters who is leading you finds a 5.45 AK loaded with BT and says "Damn, military grade ammunition. Come unload your dogsh*t PRS and load this instead".
This way they aren't telling you what is and isn't good. They are giving you a basic introduction and making you think for yourself to an extent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oatmealjones
1 minute ago, davidj123456 said:

Imo there should be a campaign where everything happens and it teaches you everything throughout. EFT is meant to be a hardcore game so they should not just spoon-feed you information. 
For example if there is a mission on customs there will be combat in the highest populated areas. Maybe one of the characters who is leading you finds a 5.45 AK loaded with BT and says "Damn, military grade ammunition. Come unload your dogsh*t PRS and load this instead".
This way they aren't telling you what is and isn't good. They are giving you a basic introduction and making you think for yourself to an extent.

Something like this would be nice, I don’t need the exact values in game just some indication that the difference between rounds can be pretty important. Using an outside source for information is perfectly fine especially in a game like eft where there’s just so much stuff. I mean there’s what 1000 attachments? 150 different rounds? No idea if those numbers are correct or not but there’s a ton of stuff in this game and there’s nothing wrong with looking up what you need elsewhere. 
 

This is all just the opinion of a new player who struggled like hell to figure everything out and is still learning new things every raid. I’ve lost countless pieces of gear and guns, a lot of times without ever firing a shot. I’ve encountered 1 maybe 2 cheaters so far (damn you Battle_eyelol) and have had a blast learning the game. The newest thing I learned is that Killa does not give 2 shits if you’re a scav and will promptly shoot you in the face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
z_Omni_z

Solid concepts. I can't say I agree with it all but you put some work in here. #respect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Na0cho
8 hours ago, oatmealjones said:

The only thing I thought was weird after finding the information I needed for the game was 1, my guy can perform field surgery on his leg by himself but doesn’t know how effective certain rounds are? And 2 pre flea market is definitely a pretty big disadvantage for new players who need every advantage they can get early on.

I do not buy anything off the flea market so I disagree about the advantage everyone says it gives. 
 

I do just fine using the traders. 
 

and the op literally explains why you don’t need it.

I personally think the game would do a lot better without it. Or change it to barter only. 
 

would certainly take care of rmt issues. 
 

I never understood the sell everything on the flea mentality. I have friends who play this game just to see that ruble number go up. 
 

It baffles me, but I guess everyone has their own versions of fun. 
 

I think they need to make the game tougher and good gear scarcer as well. 
 

You should always be hurting in one department or another and use the flea to supplement what you need vs what some other player needs. 
 

Also I cannot wait for dynamic loot. It will be a massive game changer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bot_3

Going on about the ammo stats, it would be neat if you had to "examine" it like you do with items, only you have to kill a pmc/scav with that ammo and search the body for the flesh/pen values to show up in game.

The ammo is confusing, but its probably the most important part of the game. There are tons of different calibers, and tons of different types of ammo for each caliber, and most of them are garbage past the first week of a wipe, it would be nice to have stats somewhere in game vs having to alt+tab out just to figure out what ammo to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starioshka

And someone still has the audacity to dislike this? Shows you that these people don't want to think. But just to turn eft into "realikshtic" one hit kill to the pinky toe Call of Duty Hardcore tdm match.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skimer
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

3. Level 5-6 Armor is invincible to an extent. = Positioning, movement, and putting fights in your favor make you invincible. Not your gear!

Just look at a streamer, they get ambushed and hit 10 times from different angles including headshots, and they just ignore it and proceed to ignore it and full auto spray anything to dead at any distance, positioning and tactical skill are mostly obsolete in the current meta, or better be said, they are by far inferior to armor lvl and ammo used.

14 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

2. Low level players only have access to bad ammunition and gear. = Many options available which are listed below

Ps ammo is either by bug or ninja nerfed in bouncing chance recently, now days is bouncing quite a lot making it very unreliable.

14 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

NOTE: I am personally in favor of making the game harder across the board. I think Level 5-6 Armor should be harder to find, but so should good ammunition. Same goes for how effective armor is. I think there should be mechanics in place for new players to be able to kill veterans, as this will keep veterans on their feet. I was not a fan of the 1-shot point-and-click Mosin which could 1-tap level 4 and below, but I am a fan of there being ammo types, such as SNB, which are readily available on Flea Market to Level 10 players, which can already 1-shot any helmet in the game and which can penetrate any armor in the game. This is my mindset; game should be as unforgiving and hardcore as possible for all players.

Yet, that mind set is the opposite of hardcore, after all while spamming lvl 5 armor the game becomes very easy, paired with a good helmet people outright ignore like 90% of the threats out there, and it is justified with the worst excuse ever: that they didn't pay enough in ammo, it is absurd, as in real life even practice .22 caliber rounds can take out a heavily armored soldier, via a single hit in the right spot, been it the neck or a primary artery in one leg, and in the past eft updates armored people could die from limb damage if the got careless enough in like 4-5 well placed hits, but now days people can take 14+ rounds in the legs and ignore it. If anything fire fights in the game have become far less hardcore and realistic with the every new update, in the past people took. Cover and when they did very aggressive pushes they did so either with grenades, or by peaking carefully corners, with some abusing the peakers advantage to get a few hits before their adversaries, and it wasn't perfect but at least there was some use of cover and a certain fear of getting the limbs shredded by failing to position correctly or clearing rooms correctly. Now days any non penetration base damage is to totally worthless, and the most unrealistic and ridiculous exploits are meta, people in extremely heavy armor go around bunny hopping in ever single corner, because while in the past the unarmored legs where a weak point, now days the damage reduction is so dam high, and the debufs so easy to ignore and fix that people use them as shields, full auto sniping by far out performs semi auto and bolt action rifles, while in real life full auto is so inaccurate it is almost only used for suppression, and so on.

For some like me that was there all those years back and saw an actually unforgiving left for everyone, where if you got the skill and positioning you could take down a fort armored guy with properly aimed shots with a mag with an did, and saw how interesting things back then, the current state of the damage system and ballistics games comes in between sad and insulting.I will guess that many survival rates would be far Lower if we had that system that we used to have, where 7.62x39 ps actually could OHK to the chest, and ballistic values where more based on reality than WoW style values that are everything this game was not supposed to be 

 

Just as a note: there will never be a way availability will fix the broken ballistics system, at best it would only reduce the scale of it proportionally, but it will keep been an issue that will kill the game sooner or later and we will keep getting the need for a wipe just to have that first week were tarkov shines before getting burried in the BS of the absurd meta.

Edited by skimer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skimer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Starioshka said:

And someone still has the audacity to dislike this? Shows you that these people don't want to think. But just to turn eft into "realikshtic" one hit kill to the pinky toe Call of Duty Hardcore tdm match.

Because one can fight with bullet lodge in the heart, and a half cut leg with 12 impacts on it, yes, very hardcore, now why don't you just bunny hop away from here?

Edited by skimer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DukeLander

There is a little but very important problem in first OP post.

Yes, he is right about everything except one thing: timeline.

You can apply NOW this concept but in first month or two with limited ammo and insane prices on flea market you had no much choices.

If you haven't much time to play games like our OP,  you have big disadvantage.

Plus this new FiR system makes everything more difficult for casuals and new players plus increased number of cheaters thanks to new FiR...

At the end we gonna have only streamers, hc players and cheaters playing this game and that is bad for game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidj123456
2 hours ago, DukeLander said:

There is a little but very important problem in first OP post.

Yes, he is right about everything except one thing: timeline.

You can apply NOW this concept but in first month or two with limited ammo and insane prices on flea market you had no much choices.

If you haven't much time to play games like our OP,  you have big disadvantage.

Plus this new FiR system makes everything more difficult for casuals and new players plus increased number of cheaters thanks to new FiR...

At the end we gonna have only streamers, hc players and cheaters playing this game and that is bad for game.

The prices of ammo like BT become stable after 3 weeks... not 2 months... did you even read my post? Go re-read the first few paragraphs...
The first 3 weeks of wipe require entirely different tactics and skills...

 

 

5 hours ago, skimer said:

Just look at a streamer, they get ambushed and hit 10 times from different angles including headshots, and they just ignore it and proceed to ignore it and full auto spray anything to dead at any distance, positioning and tactical skill are mostly obsolete in the current meta, or better be said, they are by far inferior to armor lvl and ammo used.

Ps ammo is either by bug or ninja nerfed in bouncing chance recently, now days is bouncing quite a lot making it very unreliable.

Yet, that mind set is the opposite of hardcore, after all while spamming lvl 5 armor the game becomes very easy, paired with a good helmet people outright ignore like 90% of the threats out there, and it is justified with the worst excuse ever: that they didn't pay enough in ammo, it is absurd, as in real life even practice .22 caliber rounds can take out a heavily armored soldier, via a single hit in the right spot, been it the neck or a primary artery in one leg, and in the past eft updates armored people could die from limb damage if the got careless enough in like 4-5 well placed hits, but now days people can take 14+ rounds in the legs and ignore it. If anything fire fights in the game have become far less hardcore and realistic with the every new update, in the past people took. Cover and when they did very aggressive pushes they did so either with grenades, or by peaking carefully corners, with some abusing the peakers advantage to get a few hits before their adversaries, and it wasn't perfect but at least there was some use of cover and a certain fear of getting the limbs shredded by failing to position correctly or clearing rooms correctly. Now days any non penetration base damage is to totally worthless, and the most unrealistic and ridiculous exploits are meta, people in extremely heavy armor go around bunny hopping in ever single corner, because while in the past the unarmored legs where a weak point, now days the damage reduction is so dam high, and the debufs so easy to ignore and fix that people use them as shields, full auto sniping by far out performs semi auto and bolt action rifles, while in real life full auto is so inaccurate it is almost only used for suppression, and so on.

For some like me that was there all those years back and saw an actually unforgiving left for everyone, where if you got the skill and positioning you could take down a fort armored guy with properly aimed shots with a mag with an did, and saw how interesting things back then, the current state of the damage system and ballistics games comes in between sad and insulting.I will guess that many survival rates would be far Lower if we had that system that we used to have, where 7.62x39 ps actually could OHK to the chest, and ballistic values where more based on reality than WoW style values that are everything this game was not supposed to be 

 

Just as a note: there will never be a way availability will fix the broken ballistics system, at best it would only reduce the scale of it proportionally, but it will keep been an issue that will kill the game sooner or later and we will keep getting the need for a wipe just to have that first week were tarkov shines before getting burried in the BS of the absurd meta.

This logic is so flawed. Comparing your skill to that of a streamer is like comparing yourself to pro CSGO players when you play CSGO. You are not a streamer and neither are 99% of your enemies. Stop comparing everyone to streamers ffs... be aware of what they do as top players but thats it...

PS ammo has 32 Pen and most helmets people use are Level 4. 

People do not spam meta gear. You do not see it too often. And did you even read my post? Its the positioning, movement, and putting fights in your favor which is important. I only ever run level 3-4 armor but since I am level 53 I can afford to use nothing but Meta ammo. Idgaf if the enemy is wearing an Altyn or a Slick... my M62, SPP, or BS will screw him up regardless.
Even if you are Level 18 and unlock Peacekeeper Level 3 you can already buy FMJ SX for the MP7. This ammo will shred an Altyn within half a second.... Idk why everyone says level 5 armor is so OP...
As I said even M856A1 and 5.45 BT can fairly easily kill someone with Level 5 armor.

Your point about helmets is even more flawed... did you even read any of my post? 90% of face-shields are level 3. Even 7.62x39mm can penetrate that. Most helmets people wear are Level 4. 5.45 BT and 5.56 M856A1 both have a fairly high chance to penetrate that.
Sure if someone has an Altyn it is hard... but they can't hear anything so ambushing them is not too hard either...

Also are you talking about the past where people could stack a Zhuk-6A and a TacTec on top of each other.... yeah that must have been easy to kill...

Game is what it is now. Please do not cry about it. Just learn to play it in its current state or leave until it becomes what you want it to become... if ever...

This thread is not for people to cry and complain about the current system. It is to teach them how to play in the current system!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skimer
20 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

This logic is so flawed. Comparing your skill to that of a streamer is like comparing yourself to pro CSGO players when you play CSGO. You are not a streamer and neither are 99% of your enemies. Stop comparing everyone to streamers ffs... be aware of what they do as top players but thats it...

Pffff, I have been there using lvl 5 and 6 armor skill has nothing to do with it, in fact it is absurd when you get hit from 5 different angles in a perfectly executed ambush and get them all killed because the other side didn't had ultra magic pen ammo.

 

25 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

PS ammo has 32 Pen and most helmets people use are Level 4. 

And it bounces a lot from lvl 3 helmets, I rather use 5.45 PP ammo for headshots, it is more reliable for 2 less pen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidj123456
6 minutes ago, skimer said:

Pffff, I have been there using lvl 5 and 6 armor skill has nothing to do with it, in fact it is absurd when you get hit from 5 different angles in a perfectly executed ambush and get them all killed because the other side didn't had ultra magic pen ammo.

 

And it bounces a lot from lvl 3 helmets, I rather use 5.45 PP ammo for headshots, it is more reliable for 2 less pen.

 

That isn't possible... that is not how penetration works in this game...

If there are 5 people firing at you using 5.45 BT ammo you will be dead in half a second even with Defender-2.... unless they miss all of your shots...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skimer
27 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

People do not spam meta gear. You do not see it too often. And did you even read my post? Its the positioning, movement, and putting fights in your favor which is important. I only ever run level 3-4 armor but since I am level 53 I can afford to use nothing but Meta ammo. Idgaf if the enemy is wearing an Altyn or a Slick... my M62, SPP, or BS will screw him up regardless

Well I don't know in which server you play, but I found at least one lvl 5 armored player in every raid, lvl 6 is more rare tho, specially in factory if you stay hidden long enough and then clear the scavs to check the largest fire fight location, you can usually find that one Uber ammo and armor spammers killed another one and clear the rest of the players which fought in there, besides gen 4 armored is quite distinguishable if you look at the factory extract.

 

Just now, davidj123456 said:

That isn't possible... that is not how penetration works in this game...

If there are 5 people firing at you using 5.45 BT ammo you will be dead in half a second even with Defender-2.... unless they miss all of your shots...

But if they are a squad of scav players with shotguns, ps ammo  in a couple of Ak-74 and one with a ar-15 and m855 ammo, they couldn't do poo, it takes mag after mag to go through that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skimer
52 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

Even if you are Level 18 and unlock Peacekeeper Level 3 you can already buy FMJ SX for the MP7. This ammo will shred an Altyn within half a second.... Idk why everyone says level 5 armor is so OP...

Because availability bus not the issue here, but how much protection you get from armor, for example it is ok it saves you from non penetrating hits damage, but the fact you don't take aim punch and the weight penalties are almost null aren't , and ridiculous amount of damage the current health system allows you to take, been able to take literally 14 hits to the limbs without dying, in or been incapacitateted is outright broken, and needs to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skimer
1 hour ago, davidj123456 said:

Your point about helmets is even more flawed... did you even read any of my post? 90% of face-shields are level 3. Even 7.62x39mm can penetrate that. Most helmets people wear are Level 4. 5.45 BT and 5.56 M856A1 both have a fairly high chance to penetrate that.
Sure if someone has an Altyn it is hard... but they can't hear anything so ambushing them is not too hard either...

As said above available isn't the issue, but if anything it is fun how no helmets currently in game would stop steel core ammo coming from a rifle at less than 150m, while up to certain extent is ok helmets are bit stronger than they would in real life, the current protection they offer is way above anything that could be considered a reasonable compromise, blunt damage taken to the head should be way higher, to the point it wouldn't save anyone from like 3 follows headshots from a rifle or high kinetic energy rounds, while not surpassing the 5 headshots from lower calibers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skimer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, davidj123456 said:

Game is what it is now. Please do not cry about it

The thing is that it isn't the game that was sold to us back then, "uncompromising realism" was to the goal set, and many aspects of the game reflected that, but now larger and larger changes are made to make sure people tank more and more hits, and to make armor prevalent, and Uber fictional ammo a necessity, and expensive full auto weapons the meta, non of which makes sense in that sort of game, and definitely are arcade as duck, so if I dislike that a lot, is because I backed the original concept of the game plus not what ever the current deformed monstrosity of health and ballistic system we had delivered.

 

It is like if you went to a restaurant and order a hamburger, just to get served a cold half rotten chicken leg, and the guy in the other table told you to swallow it, because it is what it is now.

Edited by skimer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skimer
1 hour ago, davidj123456 said:

This thread is not for people to cry and complain about the current system. It is to teach them how to play in the current system!

The title suggest the opposite, by literally telling people to "stop crying about gear and ammo", you are just inviting everyone to debate you and your logic, because is implicitly telling them that what think is wrong, which ends up in them debating you in why it is you are the one that is wrong on the topic.

The fact that you are throwing personal opinion in the first paragraph, is just inviting everyone to debate you even further.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2