Sign in to follow this  
DroogKris

I'm starting to think it's the servers.

DroogKris

The PVP is so bad in this game that it's been a mystery to me why I'm having so much trouble.  I have never been even average at any FPS, never mind bellow average, never mind trash.  I don't even know if I'm trash. because I've never been in a gun fight.  I just start getting shot, don't ever see anyone, eventually either get the F out of there or die.  200 hours in and I've killed 2 players.  and they were both just standing there in factory.    The game is so good offline.  I just don't get it.  It runs smooth, I don't have crazy latency issues, I can actually see the enemy and kill them.  Like a real professional video game production.   But when online it's a totally different feel. Not the world, that feels the same.  The performance feels the same. The scavs feel the same.  But there are these invisible players that can see me no matter what and where, and i cannot see them no matter what and where.   I don't understand it.  

Well, I felt this way after 10 hours, 50 hours, 100 hours, and still.  I've never felt anything that seems remotely like a server problem.  never been disconnected. never seen anyone lagging.  So it appears like a perfectly working server and this is just the first game ever that I'm complete trash at.  But as I read these forums, and I hear about the types of things people are experiencing, I'm starting to think that the absolutely atrocious game play experience I've had is just server issues. 

At first I thought maybe I had a stroke.   But I went back and checked with other games, and that's not it. 

Maybe there is a button I need to push that makes players visible that I just missed in the button layout.   

I don't know what it is.  But this is the very best and the very worst game I've ever experienced.  If the weapon mod system and gear wasn't the very best thing I've ever seen in all of gaming I would have given up long ago.  Because the actual game play (when online) is the very worst thing I've ever seen in all of gaming. People keep saying "100 hours is nothing", "150 hours is nothing"...I agree, I love the idea of it taking a long time to learn a game.  I just want to know at how many hours the bad guys turn on so I can start learning how the gun fighting works in Tarkov.  

GhostZ69
13 minutes ago, DroogKris said:

I don't know what it is.  But this is the very best and the very worst game I've ever experienced. 

Pretty much man.  It will be one of your biggest love/hate relationships in a LONG time.  At least it is for me.

RobertRogers
23 minutes ago, DroogKris said:

The PVP is so bad in this game that it's been a mystery to me why I'm having so much trouble.  I have never been even average at any FPS, never mind bellow average, never mind trash.  I don't even know if I'm trash. because I've never been in a gun fight.  I just start getting shot, don't ever see anyone, eventually either get the F out of there or die.  200 hours in and I've killed 2 players.  and they were both just standing there in factory.    The game is so good offline.  I just don't get it.  It runs smooth, I don't have crazy latency issues, I can actually see the enemy and kill them.  Like a real professional video game production.   But when online it's a totally different feel. Not the world, that feels the same.  The performance feels the same. The scavs feel the same.  But there are these invisible players that can see me no matter what and where, and i cannot see them no matter what and where.   I don't understand it.  

Well, I felt this way after 10 hours, 50 hours, 100 hours, and still.  I've never felt anything that seems remotely like a server problem.  never been disconnected. never seen anyone lagging.  So it appears like a perfectly working server and this is just the first game ever that I'm complete trash at.  But as I read these forums, and I hear about the types of things people are experiencing, I'm starting to think that the absolutely atrocious game play experience I've had is just server issues. 

At first I thought maybe I had a stroke.   But I went back and checked with other games, and that's not it. 

Maybe there is a button I need to push that makes players visible that I just missed in the button layout.   

I don't know what it is.  But this is the very best and the very worst game I've ever experienced.  If the weapon mod system and gear wasn't the very best thing I've ever seen in all of gaming I would have given up long ago.  Because the actual game play (when online) is the very worst thing I've ever seen in all of gaming. People keep saying "100 hours is nothing", "150 hours is nothing"...I agree, I love the idea of it taking a long time to learn a game.  I just want to know at how many hours the bad guys turn on so I can start learning how the gun fighting works in Tarkov.  

The back-end of Tarkov goes in waves of good or bad.   There is packet based radar that is working once again.  There are other ways people cheat as well.  Any online shooter game is going to have people that cheat.  What you have to do is find a group of servers that don't have a lot of sketchy players.  How? just pick three in your launcher and go from there.  Adding and removing servers as needed.

lls
Posted (edited)

Thing is your 100 hours is maybe 3 hours in a normal infinite spawn shooter.

You get one shot at your opponents, learn a tiny bit if anything and then on to the next gladiator pit. No spectator mode to continue learning. Nothing. Just black screen and regret.

Gear disparity can be enormous and so can experience since there is no class separation based on skill. There is always a bigger fish than you somewhere and sometimes (very often if new) you will get the encounter. You'll learn. And probably never see him ever again. Making your knowledge situational for other sharks like them. Which you eventually will capitalize on and pass on the lessons to others in match.

You also have gear fear which you experience in no other game. Losing limbs, slow downs, impeded graphics to shell shock you. Bleeding out with tons of loot on you. So much that can go wrong all playing out in your head in a paranoid frenzy as you limp to extraction outta meds at the pace of a sloth.

You have squads of scav and PMC that you can encounter as well.. further swaying the balance if you play solo. One on that team can run thermal and then they have aimbot too. You can go on and on with the unfair..it's just how it is. "Life aint fair"

So the above is pretty much why you're experiencing this. It's intended:)

+the cheaters. That's a whole other discussion.

Edited by lls