DatGreatKhan

The AI in this game is still f*cking terrible.

DatGreatKhan

The new patch did not fix, nor improve the enemy AI aside from making it more god awful. The AI is like a coinflip for you each raid - they either sit there being useless so they are easy kills, or are aimbotting you (gunning you down in a few seconds, even with good armor). It's not fun/challenging fighting something that is so broken and volatile.

Without fixing the already annoying problems with AI in this game, EFT decides to add in the new patch the feature for scavs to rush you like a horde of zombies now, all clumped up and overlapping each other making it impossible for you to survive. Scavs still snipe you from miles away (raider or not) without engagement, and with guns that aren't good that range. Scavs still shoot you through bushes even if you never engaged them first. Scavs still decide to f*cking snipe you an in-discriminant distance away with a SHOTGUN, and instantly black/red your limbs - or instant headshot you with one of the buckshot. (This has happened to me NUMEROUS times, even when I was full gear, level 4-5+ armor and I'm 40-50 meters+ away from them)

I am not someone who cares for a game to be hyper-realistic - this game has a good edge on that but it seems to me the AI for this game is trash and illogical. I like a challenge, but not a coinflip for whether or not I'll get Nikita'd by a half-assed AI. What is the logic behind a scav deciding to shoot you 50 meters away with a shotgun (and hitting 90% of the fragments with it), or shooting you through a bush? Or how about scavs (raiders included) laser-beaming your feet/legs underneath a car and you can't do anything about it? You work on a "hording" ability for the scavs when you don't even fix the issues that have persisted beforehand.

Every raid it's a literal coinflip on whether or not the scavs will act on "dumb mode" where they are clueless and easy kills - and if that isn't the case then they f*ck you in one-three shots with trash ammo from a shotgun or sub-par rifle. I've played this game long enough to see this pattern in nearly every raid. Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I believe it is "punishing", but the AI needs to be worked on because it's clearly not improved in the sense of being challenging. You either get a free kill, or get killed within 1-2 seconds by one depending on your chances. The AI right now is buggy, volatile and just annoying. Please fix.

• Like 1

Thormato
9 minutes ago, DatGreatKhan said:

What is the logic behind a scav deciding to shoot you 50 meters away with a shotgun (and hitting 90% of the fragments with it), or shooting you through a bush? Or how about scavs (raiders included) laser-beaming your feet/legs underneath a car and you can't do anything about it

I can do that, why shouldnt scavs be able to do the same things a player can?

• Sad 4
  • Upvote 2

DatGreatKhan
3 hours ago, Thormato said:

I can do that, why shouldnt scavs be able to do the same things a player can?

I can respond to a post with no inherent value or actual logical reasoning, just like you?

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

rusyhedge

The one tap 7mm buckshot to the ai from 50-70m away does get to me.

I might not feel as strongly as you about the ai overall (@DatGreatKhan), but the buckshot gets me real quick, often.

Antmax

For me as a newbie the AI is pretty tough. It tends to see me from a far enough distance even when I'm sneaking. Cover doesn't seem to help much. I'm typically more anxious about the Skav AI than a lot of players. Most players don't notice me and I just wait for them to move on if they are too distant and small to hit with my beginner weapons without optics. With scavs they see through most things and seem to have eyes in the back of their heads since they can be running one way, spin around and shoot straight at you when they definitely didn't see me, and if they heard me, it should have taken more time for them to get their bearings and take aim.

davidj123456

Do not peek the same angles over and over, and do not give them only your head to shoot at because that is what they will shoot if everything else is behind cover.

Antmax

I did a AI only practice run of customs last night. Did the container Skavs with a busted leg so good job I had painkillers.  Was hoping the boatmen would get me out so I crossed the bridge. One of the Skavs spotted me at the end of the bridge and started taking potshots. Got him and his mate. Ducked into Ice Cream to heal up and it sounded like a Skav convention started around the back of the shack. Went out the front and peeked, two took potshots and one ran across the road to flank. Took at one, tried to get the flanker,  then took out another. Thought they were all gone, went to loot the first guy only to find a 4th had been camping the back of the ice cream shack all along. Crossed over the road figured I'd head to dorms. Found the flanker I lost track of. He died from his injuries near the stack of container boxes., quite far from where the firefight took place.

Was quite surprised.  As a newbie to this game I was quite impressed really, apart from the weird congregation behind the ice cream shack it was quite believable. Certainly better than most games. By the time I exited I had taken out 10,  which was unexpected, I'm not sure it would have been quite so hectic if there were other players on the map. And normally I don't survive that long.

DarrkDucky

I htink they need to nerf scav ai.  Why can they see in the dark so well? why do they always hit you in the one body part you DONT want them to hit you?  How do they shoot you in head eyes from behind with a shotgun?  They need to have human reactions to human things... if some guy falls from the sky in front of them they need to freak the duck out and run away instead of standing there as if thats normal occurance.  if you shoot at them they should run away because scavengers should be AFRAID for their life not fearless warriors who can't die.  they are normal people who shouldn't be able to hit poo with their guns at over 50 meters

DatGreatKhan

My post was a bit of an over-exaggeration but I still feel this way even now. I don't die to scavs more than I do to players, but the way they are it's still a coin flip. I usually have no issue killing them, and yes they should kill you - they shouldn't be useless. However they shouldn't be allowed to do stuff like lasering you in pitch black lighting or through numerous bushes which a normal player usually can't do themselves (unless they are cheating or, say have night vision). 

MrPeebles
Posted (edited)
On 8/4/2020 at 5:32 AM, DatGreatKhan said:

I can respond to a post with no inherent value or actual logical reasoning, just like you?

He did respond with logical reasoning, because just like him, me and many other players can do that just as well, it's actually pretty logical and to be honest, easy:

1 - If you see a guy behind a bush shoot him, if you wish to;

2 - If you go prone, you can see the the legs of players/scav behind cars as well, and sometimes you don't even need to go prone;

If they nerf the scav AI they will become just free "coins" for everyone, AI are supposed to be randomly selected to be easy or not, just like there are players who I will never EVER be able to defeat becuase they can one tap me from a million miles away or just make me think I'm fightint a group when in reallity he has a stupid high game sense, because they are that good.

Why don't you play a bit more, for example offline, with difficulty on "impossible" and get used to that difficulty? When you do, you will understand how much of uselessness and reterdad these AI are in reallity, in online mode.

I've played so many times with them on impossible that now, everytime I see a scav on online mode, they are just free meat for me, so stupid and boring xD

Edited by MrPeebles

ShawnWolf
On 8/3/2020 at 5:44 PM, DatGreatKhan said:

Without fixing the already annoying problems with AI in this game, EFT decides to add in the new patch the feature for scavs to rush you like a horde of zombies now, all clumped up and overlapping each other making it impossible for you to survive. Scavs still snipe you from miles away (raider or not) without engagement, and with guns that aren't good that range. Scavs still shoot you through bushes even if you never engaged them first. Scavs still decide to f*cking snipe you an in-discriminant distance away with a SHOTGUN, and instantly black/red your limbs - or instant headshot you with one of the buckshot. (This has happened to me NUMEROUS times, even when I was full gear, level 4-5+ armor and I'm 40-50 meters+ away from them)

my favorite one is when they shoot you and black both of your arms with one bullet. it's "realistic"

DatGreatKhan
On 8/20/2020 at 3:58 PM, MrPeebles said:

He did respond with logical reasoning, because just like him, me and many other players can do that just as well, it's actually pretty logical and to be honest, easy:

1 - If you see a guy behind a bush shoot him, if you wish to;

2 - If you go prone, you can see the the legs of players/scav behind cars as well, and sometimes you don't even need to go prone;

If they nerf the scav AI they will become just free "coins" for everyone, AI are supposed to be randomly selected to be easy or not, just like there are players who I will never EVER be able to defeat becuase they can one tap me from a million miles away or just make me think I'm fightint a group when in reallity he has a stupid high game sense, because they are that good.

Why don't you play a bit more, for example offline, with difficulty on "impossible" and get used to that difficulty? When you do, you will understand how much of uselessness and reterdad these AI are in reallity, in online mode.

I've played so many times with them on impossible that now, everytime I see a scav on online mode, they are just free meat for me, so stupid and boring xD

I never said nerf the scav AI, I said that the scav AI is like a 50/50 coin flip because it's not very good AI because you can get one shot by them unfairly and so on. I don't die to them often and I have a good amount of hours in the game so I went over the learning curve of survival.

You are comparing AI to players and completely misread what I said. A normal player with not laser-beam you through 5 bushes, or multiple windows with low visibility. That isn't "realistic" or "1:1" to even what an amateur/experienced player would do (unless they were thermal, but that is barely a case for scavs). Scavs are not "stupid and boring", because I include raiders too - which even good players like LVNDMARK die to (like being 1 shot by a slug through glass at impossible angles, etc.)

I play this game well enough that I kill almost two to six PMC every raid (depending on my tempo) and numerous raiders/scavs, but the times I've died to bullshit related to the AI is I'm sure relatable with a lot of people. And as I said earlier, I am not saying to "nerf" them nor did I imply that.

On 8/20/2020 at 4:42 PM, ShawnWolf said:

my favorite one is when they shoot you and black both of your arms with one bullet. it's "realistic"

This has been happening to me a lot. I'll get instant black limbs from one bullet when they are using even the shittiest ammo. i.e. shot in the thorax (with class 4-5+ armor) and instant blacked limbs lol

• Like 1

MrPeebles
On 8/23/2020 at 5:35 AM, DatGreatKhan said:

I never said nerf the scav AI, I said that the scav AI is like a 50/50 coin flip because it's not very good AI because you can get one shot by them unfairly and so on. I don't die to them often and I have a good amount of hours in the game so I went over the learning curve of survival.

You are comparing AI to players and completely misread what I said. A normal player with not laser-beam you through 5 bushes, or multiple windows with low visibility. That isn't "realistic" or "1:1" to even what an amateur/experienced player would do (unless they were thermal, but that is barely a case for scavs). Scavs are not "stupid and boring", because I include raiders too - which even good players like LVNDMARK die to (like being 1 shot by a slug through glass at impossible angles, etc.)

I play this game well enough that I kill almost two to six PMC every raid (depending on my tempo) and numerous raiders/scavs, but the times I've died to bullshit related to the AI is I'm sure relatable with a lot of people. And as I said earlier, I am not saying to "nerf" them nor did I imply that.

This has been happening to me a lot. I'll get instant black limbs from one bullet when they are using even the shittiest ammo. i.e. shot in the thorax (with class 4-5+ armor) and instant blacked limbs lol

Well, you do have a point when you refer the shooting through windows part, that is much worse than the bushes I must admit.

The raiders yeah, they are mega aim-botters, I was only stating something that you clearly already know, given that I can't kill 6 pmc's xD.

I must also say that I meant no disrespect, and I am sorry if it was taken that way, I really didn't mean to :D

DatGreatKhan
On 8/24/2020 at 11:45 AM, MrPeebles said:

Well, you do have a point when you refer the shooting through windows part, that is much worse than the bushes I must admit.

The raiders yeah, they are mega aim-botters, I was only stating something that you clearly already know, given that I can't kill 6 pmc's xD.

I must also say that I meant no disrespect, and I am sorry if it was taken that way, I really didn't mean to :D

I take no offense man, it's all good. We are just discussing a topic. :)