Sign in to follow this  
aykans90

I am struggling so much with Tarkov Shooter Part 8 quest

aykans90

I had this mission on for weeks now, and I still cannot complete it. Killing 3 PMCs in woods with a Mosin seems like an extremely hard task for me. Mosin had been getting nerfed directly and non-directly for past couple of patches, and it is pretty bad to use now. 

Having the thorax HP increase to 85 has ruined every ammo except the 7N1, and it only penetrates armors up to level4. If you encounter someone with level5 armor, you will most likely not going to one shot him unless you aim for the head.

And at this late into the wipe, most people are already done with their quests in Woods, so they only go there for killing Shturman now, and use high RPM weapons. Hell, even an unmodded scav AKS can easily ruin you if you miss your first shot.

And in a map like Woods, seeing 3 PMCs, let alone being able to kill them, is very rare. I had many moments where I managed to kill 2 people but by then most people have extracted already, and seeing a 3rd person is not likely at all.

I think this quest needs to be altered somehow, because it is just tedious and a lot harder to complete later into the wipe. I would be OK with grindy kill quests that don't reset, because at the end of the day, even if you kill one guy in 3 raids, that is progress. But this quest has no progress in it, you either get it, or not get it. It is completely based on luck, and this is what makes this mission most tedious.

ferguswag

You should try to memorize all of the spawn points and kill someone at the start while everyone is running across the fields. Then you go to lumber mill and lay down in a bush waiting for a second person to kill. Then you leave lumber mill and hunt someone down who is killing Scavs you hear from far away. Good luck 👍