Danboy71

My Opinion on the game after 2 years of playing

Danboy71
Posted (edited)

I bought this game November 11th 2018 as a birthday gift to myself, I bought the standard edition first then upgraded to Edge of Darkness 1 wipe later. I think multiple purchase options is great it gives beginner players a chance to get a feel for the game before making that commitment to any higher package. My first impression of the game was Scary, Adrenaline inducing and a all out rush. You constantly have to keep your head on a swivel and be light on your feet. This is not like any other game I have played before and I Loved that.

The trading system in this game is good the quests can be grindy but it pays out in the long run, the flea market still needs some work. Players decide the value of items in the game on the flea market which seems unbalanced at first but you later realize its supply and demand. The traders themselves are great you feel great when you get your first trader to level 4. 

Weapon modding is fantastic you get to customize your favorite Weapon just the way you want it. I Love a tactical looking M4A1 and a sig p220 as my Loadout. you get to customize the barrel size, handguard, pistol grip, foregrip, Stock, charging handle, upper receiver. And different mods can effect you Weapons recoil, handling and stability.

The Things I would like to see change is the flea market tweaked a little more to where players can't completely control the price of an item. Put in a bot or a algorithm that sets a max value on a item on what its current  Supply and demand is.

Now Before I get to my second concern I am not personally insulting the developers or Content creators if you disagree with my next concern please respond respectfully. I would like to see the developers turn tword the whole community a little more rather then focus on the content creators. The only word I can think of using is Favoritism If the Devs Are looking to make the game better, look the whole community a little bit more and not just the popular people that promote your game.

Overall this is a great game for the stage of the beta build its in, I love the community you guys are awesome I highly recommend this game to any of my friends who are looking to play something new. 

Edited by Danboy71
  • Upvote 1

DukeLander

Streamers makes hype train = more money.

But to keep them to the game they need more game content = average casual players who brings money are not important.

Best example are drops: How many online players we have with and without drops periods?

Sooner or later streamers/viewers gonna be totally bored from game and they gonna leave to something new, what brings more viewers/money.

And game gonna slide down to darkness of forgotten games...

We have seen that many times before (older players).

Personally I don't want it, but with current BSG politics... Not good for longer-term.

Danboy71
Posted (edited)

i was mainly talking about making the game better overall like look to whole community for suggestions instead of just the popular streamers, I tried to stay away from anything financial.

Edited by Danboy71

DukeLander

But you can't, that is the problem.

Something has to pay bills and we have what we have...

skyflashde
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Danboy71:

I would like to see the developers turn tword the whole community a little more rather then focus on the content creators.

The streamers are a dead-end not just for Tarkov but for gaming in general. Streamers are a temporary hype like fashion, jewelry or certain forms of other entertainment. I can almost guarantee that in some distant future people will stop watching streamers and turn to other things.

My generation had books. Then came TV. Video games. Now Netflix. Youtube. Twitch. It just rolls on... And streamers will be out of a job very fast.

Anyway, I really hope that the devs decide for a proper way of monetizing this game, so that it actually can have a future. There is no way to host tons of servers without having a constant monthly income. And box/digital sales are not a steady monthly income.

• Like 4

blueflashde
3 hours ago, skyflashde said:

The streamers are a dead-end not just for Tarkov but for gaming in general. Streamers are a temporary hype like fashion, jewelry or certain forms of other entertainment. I can almost guarantee that in some distant future people will stop watching streamers and turn to other things.

My generation had books. Then came TV. Video games. Now Netflix. Youtube. Twitch. It just rolls on... And streamers will be out of a job very fast.

Anyway, I really hope that the devs decide for a proper way of monetizing this game, so that it actually can have a future. There is no way to host tons of servers without having a constant monthly income. And box/digital sales are not a steady monthly income.

Maybe they should sell ingame money until you are level 20. Add an optional tutorial people can pay for. Also DLC and micro transactions.

• Hot 1

lls
3 hours ago, skyflashde said:

I think you modernized a little too much.

Whatever happened to buying a game and having servers for a few years? It's the only way to play the game in this case. If we have to monetize just to provide the only way to play the game after buying it at full retail triple AAA price let alone EOD + all the revolving door hacker accounts rebuying the game.  This is not a free to play game...yet.

The real question is how relevant this game will be in a few years. Nothing lasts and games like CS that go for decades can be picked up by the most ultra casual 11 year old. This will never be that.

skyflashde
vor 4 Stunden schrieb lls:

Whatever happened to buying a game and having servers for a few years?

Yes, thats possible, but those few years are already over. In that scheme they would shut down the servers right now.

Name a few big multiplayer games that are one time fee only with no other means of earning money and that are currently running live servers for 5 years or more.

There are very few of those, and in almost all cases the servers arent exclusive for the game and have another purpose to earn money on the side.

Danboy71

You guys all have great points of view and I enjoyed reading them.

GhostZ69
22 hours ago, skyflashde said:

Yes, thats possible, but those few years are already over. In that scheme they would shut down the servers right now.

Name a few big multiplayer games that are one time fee only with no other means of earning money and that are currently running live servers for 5 years or more.

There are very few of those, and in almost all cases the servers arent exclusive for the game and have another purpose to earn money on the side.

Unfortunately, Tarkov was never planned as a long term game.  It was quite literally designed as a cash cow for funding for Russia 2028. 

Bundybear

Unfortunately the game will die pretty soon, CHEATING IS RAMPANT atm and once the hacky chans and little kids that can't play games without cheating get in, it's all over. Hope GSB took the $$$$ and ran .