timonenluca

New player "Rant"

timonenluca
Posted (edited)

I have been trying to play this game for the last couple off days this week trying to figure out , why it is so hard to get into?

I eventually found my answer! "'Restrictions and unbalance with lack off guidance" I could almost be certain that 45+% off summer sales are players that pick up the game and never come back , because this game does everything wrong off keeping new players!

But here is the catch why i hate Tarkov so far!

The Flea market: Locked out untill level 10! Yes we New players that buy this on a summer sale end up with CRAP , We have no decent means off gaining cash , we are forced to use Scav guns and what is the worst part you ask? The given ammo types. We have no means to defend ourself i can pull up 9+ pictures so far in my couple off days with 7 - 24 hits on a player and ridiculous amount off 250 - 400 + Damage Dealt , only to be told we got hit once with a AP bullet on the chest , we can't ever get untill we reach that level cap! I got to pray to god i get a mosin so i can load the AP i can buy from the dealer and have a decent chance to kill another player.

Armour: Laughable , I met 3+ tier 6 armoured Players YES TIER 6! With As you guessed one-shot potential , I have as much to lose as that TIER 6 theoretically , but i am the one getting entirely punished that i need UP TO 23+ Bullets  and do not get me started on just Tier 4 , that is still 11+ ducking BULLETS to even get a kill with whatever we have available , unless again it's  a mosin!

The Headphones: Another YOU MUST HAVE! But any new player has no means to get it outside a lucky scav kill or Buying it for 13k Roubles from a dealer. Biggest catch here is here again EXPENSES! For the worst headphones available in the game! Being Laughable at best!    

Guidance: Map you can buy from the stores give as much info as a tourist giving you guidance in a foreign country!  Why is this a thing? Why can't we not get a simple hotkey to pop up a static map with all exits , instead off always alt-tabbing using third party tools to guide ourself? BASICS for example , like getting ammo , scrollable loot interfaces and so-on! 

I honestly can not wrap my head around , why we get punished so hard? We literally need a new wipe to even think off having a chance. Because i so far did not meet allot off new players that's for certain! You can't even keep them in at this point!

How to Fix?

- Give us access to all the basic AP ammo types in the  dealership

- Add a static map with a simple TAB Key and all exits marked.

- Simple Written tutorial IN THE ducking GAME

I honestly will follow that 45% if nothing is done about it. I am not gonna be everyones target practice for another 35 Hours , untill i hit lvl 10 to have basic means to defend myself.

Edited by timonenluca
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 4

chrisragnar

Wait you can tell the tier of all three other players in a combat situation after playing a few days? Iv play alot more and still have no clue what the high tier armors look like on another player.

• Like 1

skyflashde

Well, you are right.

The new player experience is total crap, but it works for them because they dont earn money when you play the game, they actually LOSE money.

So it actually is in their best interest to attract people to BUY the game and then quit the game as soon as possible so less servers are needed.

Of course they still need a basic community of streamers for marketing, but thats about it.

So if you ask why those obvious game design fuckups didnt get bugfixed in the last two years... that could be the reason.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

chrisragnar

You don't need headphones.

Don't engage someone that has high tier armor unless you know you can punch thrue. You don't have to pick every fight, at the start you will have to avoid some locations and players it's that simple.

Do the quests, you will reach lvl 10 pretty fast. And then you realise you are just going to buy most stuff from the traders anyway. 

Get a friend to play with. And go in with the mindset that you are going to beat the challange, and it's fun to learn. You are going to have a bad time if you think you can just drone on and be successful most raids. You won't.

Be cheap. Use cheap stuff, but use it smart. Look at how you can use what's on the traders tabs as efficient as possible. 

• Like 4

skyflashde
Gerade eben schrieb chrisragnar:

You don't need headphones.

Don't engage someone that has high tier armor unless you know you can punch thrue. You don't have to pick every fight, at the start you will have to avoid some locations and players it's that simple.

Do the quests, you will reach lvl 10 pretty fast. And then you realise you are just going to buy most stuff from the traders anyway. 

Get a friend to play with. And go in with the mindset that you are going to beat the challange, and it's fun to learn. You are going to have a bad time if you think you can just drone on and be successful most raids. You won't.

Be cheap. Use cheap stuff, but use it smart. Look at how you can use what's on the traders tabs as efficient as possible. 

Dude, he didnt ask for help. He seems to be managing fine by himself.

He is talking about the new player experience.

timonenluca

@chrisragnar

1. You do need headphones! Stop saying i don't need it ! I played duo with my friend only to have him call everything going on in a room while i HEAR NOTHING!

2 .that's the most retarded advice given i ever read as a solution , to a problem given like this ,  It's ignorant at best ...

3. Right , easy for you to say. Again a simple sraightforward laying answer. That is again ignorant at best ...

4. I know right! my friend ragequit and actually does not want to play again! since he copes with the problem i described!

5. Yes totally , that's the only thing out off the whole list that makes sense!

• Sad 4

VS-UK_Gom3R
1 hour ago, timonenluca said:

@chrisragnar

1. You do need headphones! Stop saying i don't need it ! I played duo with my friend only to have him call everything going on in a room while i HEAR NOTHING!

2 .that's the most retarded advice given i ever read as a solution , to a problem given like this ,  It's ignorant at best ...

3. Right , easy for you to say. Again a simple sraightforward laying answer. That is again ignorant at best ...

4. I know right! my friend ragequit and actually does not want to play again! since he copes with the problem i described!

5. Yes totally , that's the only thing out off the whole list that makes sense!

Please go away! That is my advice. Because your answer to his advice is whats retarded. This is a survival rpg and not a call of duty deathmatch. The game is supposed to be hard when you have nothing. This is what I love about it. Learn and adapt from your mistakes. And yes please go away anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

timonenluca
15 minutes ago, VS-UK_Gom3R said:

Please go away! That is my advice. Because your answer to his advice is whats retarded. This is a survival rpg and not a call of duty deathmatch. The game is supposed to be hard when you have nothing. This is what I love about it. Learn and adapt from your mistakes. And yes please go away anyway. 

Taking a simple straightforward answer as a solution to a big problem , stating the obvious is indeed what is retarded. You all are avoiding the problems by giving me straightforward messages even a message from customer service would give me as automated advice. 

Stating that i am asking as a solution to create a enviroment close to Call off duty just means you barely read my post and replied firstly as fast as you could trying to defend this absolute stupid early new player problematic meta.

chrisragnar
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, timonenluca said:

Taking a simple straightforward answer as a solution to a big problem , stating the obvious is indeed what is retarded. You all are avoiding the problems by giving me straightforward messages even a message from customer service would give me as automated advice. 

Stating that i am asking as a solution to create a enviroment close to Call off duty just means you barely read my post and replied firstly as fast as you could trying to defend this absolute stupid early new player problematic meta.

Obviously not everyone is having your problem. Most people are just enjoying the game, so maby you should ask yourself if the game has a problem or just you.

Edited by chrisragnar

chrisragnar

I get that there is lacking guidence and tutorial. But honestly I dont know any game that had a tutorial before it was released. And there are plenty of content creators that make great tutorials you can watch. Better than bsg could probably, so why waste time on that now?

timonenluca
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

Obviously not everyone is having your problem. Most people are just enjoying the game, so maby you should ask yourself if the game has a problem or just you.

im pretty sure "The game is the problem"

21 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

I get that there is lacking guidence and tutorial. But honestly I dont know any game that had a tutorial before it was released. And there are plenty of content creators that make great tutorials you can watch. Better than bsg could probably, so why waste time on that now?

That was not what i was pointing out , I am very aware that i need third party tutorials and videos to learn the game The main problem remains the lack off resources available to deal with any player given the current situation.

Giving new players poo loot and scav guns  and on top ammo that is as usefull as a blunt knife trying to "Escape Tarkov" untill they reach a level cap off 10 , is the actual problem. Headphones should not even exist , as for how OP they are. I weared the headsets maybe 4x times and i could make out everything around me in a finger snap,  Killing 10 scavs like it was nothing. 

As for the flea market : all the AP Ammo should not be stored behind a level cap , as it are the only means to deal with players.  Even the shittiest off AP is fine , this is why i suggest giving atleast some sort off usefull shitty AP version for sale at dealerships. 

the whole philosophy here is making the rich richer  and the new players broke  and useless aslong as we can get whipped long enough to make it to level 10 , if our sanity allows it! 

Edited by timonenluca

skyflashde
vor 39 Minuten schrieb chrisragnar:

It isnt the lack of tutorials, the game design is just complete poo for new players.

It has been iterated over and over on these forums, there is no need to deny it or downplay it.

Everyone knows it, its just that it isnt changing in the forseeable future.

So either you have to deal with the complete crap gameplay of the first 20 levels or you just quit.

Thats it.

The game becomes decent at level 10, better until level 20, then its at its peak until level 30 and then it falls off into boredom.

We all know it and have to deal with it.

AlphaPhiAlpha

Dude you can buy PS ammo and an SKS straight away and one tap people through to level 3 faceshields. Also PS is decent at melting up to level 4 armor. Also interesting that you died to all those players, yet you know their loadout. Anyways, yes the start is harsh. But you have scav runs available every 20 minutes, meaning free looting and a possible free gearset to sell/ to play with. 

I made 2 million rubles in scav runs on the first days, so I could buy headphones everytime if I had wanted. 

Also reaching level 10 is a matter of hours if you just follow the questline and don’t pick every single fight but instead lay low and play sneaky.

skyflashde
vor 7 Minuten schrieb AlphaPhiAlpha:

Dude you can buy PS ammo and an SKS straight away and one tap people through to level 3 faceshields.

Which you cant do cause you dont have money to buy weapons until you figured out how the game works and where to find high value loot. Its shitty advice, you have to play with what you get from the Scav runs.

You cannot "choose" a weapon until you are confident enough in your ability to farm money easily.

With the knowledge I have now I can easily make 1 million rubels in one hour.

With the knowledge of a new player you can lose 1 million rubels an hour until you are broke and have to restart.

AlphaPhiAlpha

Well if you read what OP said, is that he doesn’t mind gathering extra info on YouTube/etc. So where to find valuable loot isn’t the point here. Also if you continue doing scav runs on reserve/interchange even without high tier loot you can bring out ~150k each run. Aka meaning you can buy a loadout. 

Also you have offline mode and scav mode every 20 minutes to figure out how the game works. 

Also playing as a beginner means going in, killing 2-3 scavs, grabbing their gear and trying to leave with it. And that you can do easy with whatever pistol. It does not mean go dorms and go duck up people. 

lls

Pre-10 It's an arbitrary annoying phase that pisses off a lot of new players...tons of this exact post over the years. It is what it is and its not surprising to be frustrated. People should be more forgiving of this exact complaint. Once you get your legs you can get it done in a few hours or less. One match can be 3-4 levels etc.

This is why i can suggest that you focus on your PMC and murder as many scav as you can. DO not start to be a scav free 2 play lord. It's a waste of time and learning. Buy sks + PS ammo. Load offline match and learn the spawns of your fav map with and without boss scavs. Once you can extract every time with your strategy then you can do the same thing in a live match. Your goal being to lvl as soon as possible. Try to do the quests as well. Some are easy right now as PMC avoid the spots for other higher tier spots with more loot. Fast xp and couple it with scav kills. YOu will be 10 very fast.

blueflashde
1 hour ago, skyflashde said:

Which you cant do cause you dont have money to buy weapons until you figured out how the game works and where to find high value loot. Its shitty advice, you have to play with what you get from the Scav runs.

You cannot "choose" a weapon until you are confident enough in your ability to farm money easily.

With the knowledge I have now I can easily make 1 million rubels in one hour.

With the knowledge of a new player you can lose 1 million rubels an hour until you are broke and have to restart.

All games are hard for new players though...

EFT has so much detail do you expect there to be some kind of a tutorial which spends 3 hours telling you everything?

People here are trying to teach others how to play and you complain about it for some reason.

skyflashde
vor 4 Minuten schrieb blueflashde:

EFT has so much detail do you expect there to be some kind of a tutorial which spends 3 hours telling you everything?

People here are trying to teach others how to play and you complain about it for some reason.

Yes, cause its the job of the game devs to create a game that is easy to learn and hard to master, and to provide all the proper tools for the new player experience. Also its the devs job to have a proper difficulty progression curve that rises with the players skill.

What we have here is a game that is impossible to start playing, then becomes a lot easier at level 10 and then completely easy-mode after you reach level 30+.

There is no way to describe this other than "awful design". Or rather, non-design. Its like it just happened to be.

Which is fine for a pre-alpha game, but like now it REALLY needs to start changing into something that actually makes sense.

davidj123456
3 hours ago, skyflashde said:

Yes, cause its the job of the game devs to create a game that is easy to learn and hard to master, and to provide all the proper tools for the new player experience. Also its the devs job to have a proper difficulty progression curve that rises with the players skill.

What we have here is a game that is impossible to start playing, then becomes a lot easier at level 10 and then completely easy-mode after you reach level 30+.

There is no way to describe this other than "awful design". Or rather, non-design. Its like it just happened to be.

Which is fine for a pre-alpha game, but like now it REALLY needs to start changing into something that actually makes sense.

Level has nothing to do with skill level.
Game is not easy mode at level 30. That is not even maxed traders...
Even at Level 40... does not matter what gear you have... a guy with good ammo and no armor can still clap you...
You do not pvp so I wouldn't expect you to know...

Game is in beta. Adding descriptions to stuff is the last of their problems when all the info exists on a wiki. Maybe in a year or two they will add some tutorial, but Nikita has already said he wants players to have to figure as much out on their own as possible.

davidj123456
9 hours ago, timonenluca said:

I have been trying to play this game for the last couple off days this week trying to figure out , why it is so hard to get into?

I eventually found my answer! "'Restrictions and unbalance with lack off guidance" I could almost be certain that 45+% off summer sales are players that pick up the game and never come back , because this game does everything wrong off keeping new players!

But here is the catch why i hate Tarkov so far!

The Flea market: Locked out untill level 10! Yes we New players that buy this on a summer sale end up with CRAP , We have no decent means off gaining cash , we are forced to use Scav guns and what is the worst part you ask? The given ammo types. We have no means to defend ourself i can pull up 9+ pictures so far in my couple off days with 7 - 24 hits on a player and ridiculous amount off 250 - 400 + Damage Dealt , only to be told we got hit once with a AP bullet on the chest , we can't ever get untill we reach that level cap! I got to pray to god i get a mosin so i can load the AP i can buy from the dealer and have a decent chance to kill another player.

Armour: Laughable , I met 3+ tier 6 armoured Players YES TIER 6! With As you guessed one-shot potential , I have as much to lose as that TIER 6 theoretically , but i am the one getting entirely punished that i need UP TO 23+ Bullets  and do not get me started on just Tier 4 , that is still 11+ ducking BULLETS to even get a kill with whatever we have available , unless again it's  a mosin!

The Headphones: Another YOU MUST HAVE! But any new player has no means to get it outside a lucky scav kill or Buying it for 13k Roubles from a dealer. Biggest catch here is here again EXPENSES! For the worst headphones available in the game! Being Laughable at best!    

Guidance: Map you can buy from the stores give as much info as a tourist giving you guidance in a foreign country!  Why is this a thing? Why can't we not get a simple hotkey to pop up a static map with all exits , instead off always alt-tabbing using third party tools to guide ourself? BASICS for example , like getting ammo , scrollable loot interfaces and so-on! 

I honestly can not wrap my head around , why we get punished so hard? We literally need a new wipe to even think off having a chance. Because i so far did not meet allot off new players that's for certain! You can't even keep them in at this point!

How to Fix?

- Give us access to all the basic AP ammo types in the  dealership

- Add a static map with a simple TAB Key and all exits marked.

- Simple Written tutorial IN THE ducking GAME

I honestly will follow that 45% if nothing is done about it. I am not gonna be everyones target practice for another 35 Hours , untill i hit lvl 10 to have basic means to defend myself.

Tbh the flea market should not even be in the game. I personally avoid using it. Early wipe you can't even use it at all because of ridiculous prices. Try playing early wipe when it isn't really possible to use and you will learn how to use traders instead!
If anything they should remove Flea Market. Makes the game too easy for everyone.

At low levels there are a lot of good ammo available btw!

There is tons of information available online. Official EFT Discord, Forums, Reddit, Youtube, Twitch, Wiki, etc!
The sources I recommend are:
EFT Wiki
Noiceguy on YouTube
robn_live, exfilcamper, and Veritas on Twitch.

The game is hard, yes, but just because you do not know how to play it yet does not mean it is a bad game. Once you learn I am sure you will enjoy it!
I help coach new and intermediate players with my clan! I have some info in my signature. If you need any help add me on discord and I will teach you all the basics!

• Like 2

skyflashde
vor 24 Minuten schrieb davidj123456:

Game is not easy mode at level 30. That is not even maxed traders...

Yes, because you dont need the max traders for anything.

At level 30 you got access to everything you need to kill any enemy PMC and you got enough passive income from your hideout that you can buy anything you want. Unless you play in a very dumb way of course.

Or did you after level 30 ever think something like "oh I dont have enough money to replace that meta gun I just lost", "oh I dont have enough money for class 6 armor", "oh I need to do a Scav run to get gear"?

davidj123456
4 minutes ago, skyflashde said:

Yes, because you dont need the max traders for anything.

At level 30 you got access to everything you need to kill any enemy PMC and you got enough passive income from your hideout that you can buy anything you want. Unless you play in a very dumb way of course.

Or did you after level 30 ever think something like "oh I dont have enough money to replace that meta gun I just lost", "oh I dont have enough money for class 6 armor", "oh I need to do a Scav run to get gear"?

I haven't even done a Scav run this wipe.

You have said many times you do not pvp. You do not know what you are talking about.

skyflashde
Gerade eben schrieb davidj123456:

You have said many times you do not pvp.

Learn to read.

I said I dont PvP on purpose and try to avoid it at all cost because it is a useless waste of resources.

davidj123456
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, skyflashde said:

Learn to read.

I said I dont PvP on purpose and try to avoid it at all cost because it is a useless waste of resources.

You do not know what you are talking about...
I am still rly curious to see a picture of your survival rate because you always claim that you avoid pvp 24/7 and just farm tons of money...

Saying the game becomes easy at level 30 is pure bullsh*t. You are assuming that just because someone is level 30 they will have money, a maxed hideout, so on and so forth...
You even pretend that skill and level are the same thing. They are not.

Edited by davidj123456

Tracked

ALSO THIS WTF  ???? https://prnt.sc/tup3j4