BlooDxHound

The current state of cheating is unnaceptable

BlooDxHound

I have paid 130 EUR for a product which I have supported for 3 years, which is 3x more expensive than a regular AAA title, but ok, Tarkov has a lot more interesting elements than most AAA titles nowadays, either way 130 EUR for a product where cheating is now deemed 'normal' every 1/4 raids is just unheard of in any other online shooter.

I think the devs need to put all other development on hold, and focus on the cheater problem first of all.

What is the point of adding new guns if there will be cheaters to kill people with those guns?

There needs to be also a reward and an actual statement whenever someone you reported gets banned, a message from the announcer saying ''The PMC has been exiled from Tarkov, thank you for helping clearing out Tarkov) and a 1,000,000 reward. 

Too many people have lost loot to dumb deaths and too many people reported cheaters without official responses that action was being taken.

• Thanks 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 3

JeffreyLF

A reward for reporting people? Stupid idea, then everyone will just report everyone. Yes dying to a hacker sucks, and I hate to break it you, but you aren't entitled to anything. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

BlooDxHound
Just now, JeffreyLF said:

A reward for reporting people? Stupid idea, then everyone will just report everyone. Yes dying to a hacker sucks, and I hate to break it you, but you aren't entitled to anything. 

A reward for when someone you report gets banned. ''You aren't entitled to anything'', you think regurgitating this phrase on a completely unrelated post makes you smart or something?  I paid 130 EUR for a product, which is a large sum of money, for that amount of money BSG should be investing a lot more time in fighting cheating. Welcome to ignore list, kid.

• Sad 3

JeffreyLF
1 minute ago, BlooDxHound said:

A reward for when someone you report gets banned. ''You aren't entitled to anything'', you think regurgitating this phrase on a completely unrelated post makes you smart or something?  I paid 130 EUR for a product, which is a large sum of money, for that amount of money BSG should be investing a lot more time in fighting cheating. Welcome to ignore list, kid.

Ok and? They already said they use over 50% of development time on cheating problems. If you think that isn't enough, go play something else. Also you are regurgitating the same thread 300 times over. You are a hypocrite. I want new content to be added as well, focusing only on cheating would kill the game.

chrisragnar

Until release I don't see any reason to stop development and make huge interventions against cheats.

No matter how much you hate it, we are just play testing and people need to relax. If you feel your time is being wasted with bugs and cheaters, maby take a break untill release. Play something els, instead of having meltdowns.

I'm assuming rewards and notifications for bans was a joke.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

BlooDxHound
4 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

Until release I don't see any reason to stop development and make huge interventions against cheats.

No matter how much you hate it, we are just play testing and people need to relax. If you feel your time is being wasted with bugs and cheaters, maby take a break untill release. Play something els, instead of having meltdowns.

I'm assuming rewards and notifications for bans was a joke.

Rewards and notifications for bans are not a joke, I dont see why people dont like that system. The devs actually telling you whether or not the cheater was banned and money to compensate for losing roubles? Nothing wrong with that. 

Ill tell you a reason why the devs should stop development and make a huge intervention on cheats, because just today I ran into at least 8 cheaters on saint petersburg servers alone. One cheater was cheating 2nd day in a row. Which is unnaceptable. 

• Sad 2

JeffreyLF
Just now, BlooDxHound said:

Rewards and notifications for bans are not a joke, I dont see why people dont like that system. The devs actually telling you whether or not the cheater was banned and money to compensate for losing roubles? Nothing wrong with that. 

Ill tell you a reason why the devs should stop development and make a huge intervention on cheats, because just today I ran into at least 8 cheaters on saint petersburg servers alone. One cheater was cheating 2nd day in a row. Which is unnaceptable. 

Can't ban cheaters instantly bud, otherwise the problem would be worse. Nobody should be compensated for anything, as @chrisragnarsaid. Go play something else if tarkov is SO bad. Yes cheaters are a problem, I encountered one earlier today, but you know what I did instead of complaining about it on the forums and making a huge deal of it, I got over it in like 5 minutes like any sane person should and reported him using the in-game function.

• Hot 2
  • Upvote 1

Rekonsile
24 minutes ago, BlooDxHound said:

your reward is rekitting back up to try to earn more loot the next time... cheaters outside of labs are hardly a real issue... most of the time its people who have no experience in the game that claim they run into cheaters so much everyday. i play 6 to 8 plus hours a day and hardly see even one cheater in 300ish maps? 

• Like 1
  • Hot 2

DukeLander

On which servers are you playing?

Harvg123

just hit 100 raids since wiped account, encountered 1 cheater on the 1 labs raid I played (speed hack and pre fired my eyes round corner, was definite cheater) and other than that I haven't come across any cheaters AND I've died a few absolute bullshit ways like shot in eyes across map in the middle of the night but I still dont think they were cheaters...

• Like 2

DissAbledGamer
Posted (edited)

To reduce the odds of running into a cheater, utilize these guidelines.

1. Day raid, this one is pretty obvious, they have an advantage as well has many users using thermal so it's just not worth it unless you're hatching because you end up with too many what if's and questions.

2. Avoid using juicy gear on weekends. It seems that is when the non rmt cheaters' population seem to influx greatly, so save the juicy stuff for weekdays.

3. Pay attention to the firefights. Generally if there are fights on the map you can get a feel for what type of fight is happening. To elaborate,

3a) If you hear A L O T of activity but they seem to end with the SAME gun sound with only couple shots, either you got someone that is just amazing or a cheater, one can argue what is more likely but avoid that area and get a sense of the direction that gun sound is heading.

3b) If you hear prolonged fights with various gun sounds, that's a pretty good one to go and third party and more than likely if it is taking that many shots your risk of running into a cheater is much less than the previous scenario.

4) Play around with servers one by one and see which one seems to yield you the highest survivability. I personally avoid California as much as I can because it can get... really bad. What I usually do is I have auto server selection, then judging by the ping I can get an idea of where the server is located and i start removing those cities and just hope that it decreases the odds of me running into a cheater. 

At the end of the day, you are supposed to die in this game, so once you figure out what you want to accomplish ie: Make Money? PVP? Farm? there are adjustments you can make. There are hatchlings out there for a reason because every raid is a profit as a hatchling, unless you consider the time lost when dying instantly. These are just some of the things I try to utilize, but sometimes there is no choice but to ignore some of them, like if all other servers have a 5 minute que vs california has 1 minute I'll just add california again to the server list and etc. 

Edited by DissAbledGamer
  • Like 1

short_FUZE
On 8/6/2020 at 4:28 PM, BlooDxHound said:

-stuff-

You're essentially asking the dev team to put everything on hold and rid the internet of cheaters, not going to happen. Even if they wanted to.

Yes a-holes using cheats are very frustrating and do ruin the game for the rest of us but the requests you are making are, and I'm sorry, quite ridiculous. You're obviously not really thinking about the work that would be involved to achieve what you are requesting.

BSG are working hard and doing the best they can to stop the cheats and i believe that's all we can ask. (If we are going to remain sensible)

z_Omni_z
On 8/5/2020 at 11:58 PM, BlooDxHound said:

- 20th rant about cheating this guy has posted on the forum -

If you're still playing a game that you spent any amount of money on after 3 years clearly you've gotten ROI. BSG has done a lot to combat cheating, and in my opinion the attempt to eliminate RMT is a very good way to get rid of most of them. I'm not going to sit here and say I love that I can't run Labs anymore but at the same time the game is in beta and when I look at how many hours I've spent playing this game versus what I paid for it I couldn't be happier. 

There isn't a game on the planet that's going to reward people for reporting cheaters. Anyone who has even just a toe in the reality pool would realize this would create a complete mess of false reports because people would be motivated to report excessively. You already have idiots out there reporting every other person that head/eyes them because they can't comprehend that someone could just be better at the game or have a position they've never experienced.

• Thanks 1

ImDOPE
Posted (edited)

You must have been a new player.

Right now there are extrmely low amount of hackers outside LABs.

To be honest i think i ran into 1 this whole wipe outside LABs and thats not 100% sure.

If you specificly talking about LABs, yes this is kinda unplayable.

But to be honest, you never know. And we will never know if we are not getting a deathcam.

Edited by ImDOPE

buckmg1
On 8/6/2020 at 3:16 AM, JeffreyLF said:

Ok and? They already said they use over 50% of development time on cheating problems. If you think that isn't enough, go play something else. Also you are regurgitating the same thread 300 times over. You are a hypocrite. I want new content to be added as well, focusing only on cheating would kill the game.

"focusing only on cheating would kill the game." And yet cheating WILL WILL THE GAME idiot. People aren't going to stick around for "content" when they're constantly going to die to cheaters every raid or every other raid.

• Sad 1

caszh
Posted (edited)

The cheating is disgusting. I don't post much,  I've been playing for a few wipes and at this point I only play LABS. It's generally consecutive - you spawn, 30 second in you can hear someone running towards you - try to hide and catch a glimpse of the most perfectly placed VOGs you've ever seen in your life. Doesn't matter if you run full speed or hide like a little cutie they still b-line it to you and clearly know where you are.

Without exaggeration 1 in 5 games is cheater free, or the cheater is garbage. I can die to legit players all day in good fights and not complain but when dudes are speedhacking and can kill the whole server in about a minute then whats the point? You make 5 mil just to lose it all in the next 3 games. I realize a lot of you don't grind labs, and I'm sure the experience with cheaters is a lot better. For dudes like myself, who really only want to play the high-tier PVP, it kinda ducking sucks. Demotivating isn't the word, the game revolves around risk and reward so there's a certain degree of frustration that comes with the cost of a raid and and preparation.

So me personally, I've made like 10 mil and lost it over and over to the point where I'm wondering why I'm still playing. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same. Progression is a big part of it and if the playing field isn't fair then it make for a pretty poo game. 

This is the only game I play, I grind it most every day, and I have to quit because of cheaters. Despite paying 140$ and learning everything I've learned - I still have to quit because of cheaters.

GG Cheaters, ya'll won against me at least.

Edited by caszh

JeffreyLF
1 hour ago, buckmg1 said:

"focusing only on cheating would kill the game." And yet cheating WILL WILL THE GAME idiot. People aren't going to stick around for "content" when they're constantly going to die to cheaters every raid or every other raid.

Cheating is made out to be way worse than it actually is, 99% of the time it is someone with better knowledge of the map or more skilled. I've seen 2 cheaters this wipe

caszh

@JeffreyLF I can clip me getting speed hacked over and over on labs dude, we ain't talking about losing fights to better players - were talking about dudes flying through the air at the speed of light like superman. If you've only seen 2 cheaters this wipe, you most certainly don't play labs often.

I think your "99%" legit players estimate is a fair bit off and based on nothing, where as the cheater complaints are based on dudes actually cheating and this is a real problem.

JeffreyLF
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, caszh said:

@JeffreyLF I can clip me getting speed hacked over and over on labs dude, we ain't talking about losing fights to better players - were talking about dudes flying through the air at the speed of light like superman. If you've only seen 2 cheaters this wipe, you most certainly don't play labs often.

I think your "99%" legit players estimate is a fair bit off and based on nothing, where as the cheater complaints are based on dudes actually cheating and this is a real problem.

Solution: Don't play labs

If that's where you encounter more cheaters, you'd think it'd be best to not go there right? That's where I encountered 1 of my 2 cheaters, people saying they encounter them on any other maps frequently are lying and just getting outplayed

Edited by JeffreyLF
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

DukeLander

So.... If something did not happened to me or I didn't saw, it doesn't exist and people are lying about it?

I had never saw live virus undet microscope, that means they don't exist and complete microbiology is a lie?

Are you just kid or simply retarded?

Yeap, we can play Factory, there are no cheaters at all... And no players and loot...

Customs are playable too,not so many cheaters... Loot is crappy too..

But Shoreline, Reserve,  Interchange and Labs... I wonder why people complains about those maps...

• Sad 1

LenzOA
On 8/6/2020 at 1:58 PM, BlooDxHound said:

a message from the announcer saying ''The PMC has been exiled from Tarkov, thank you for helping clearing out Tarkov) and a 1,000,000 reward. 

that would break the game for me since i would have a couple of billions now

inabearsuit

So, I've decided to just not use the flea market to buy stuff. RMTs/cheaters benefit from people giving them RUBs for items. Without that, they have no incentive because they won't have RUBs to sell for cash.

I know it may just be me, but I won't do my part to help them. I can get plenty of useful stuff from dealers and in raids.

Na0cho

I buy nothing from the flea.  I’m not even going to bother chirping in here as it’s pointless. Op will continue to be op and no amount of logic will convince him or others with his mindset likewise. 

wanna stop cheating? Stop rmt.  Stop all these people from buying. Idc if bsg has to set up an account on some site and entrap people and start banning anyone who buys poo. That will scare the people who buy off, then there will be no one to sell to making it a waste of time for the hackers.

I cannot wait until dynamic loot and having to travel to traders/flea market in game to use them. 

all these loot running flea users are gonna be raging. 

• Like 1

PeppaPigKilla
Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2020 at 8:07 AM, JeffreyLF said:

They are entitled to a cheat free game. 

I feel a feedback to any successful reports would be good, no reward though. 

Edited by PeppaPigKilla

lls
Posted (edited)

Yes let's remove RMT by not using features of the game. Stop running labs (because the gigantic clan of borg/hive mind cheaters have unanimously agreed to only run labs 🧐), not use the flea, not use the auction.... Not bring in good gear worth x amount because you don't want to beacon your fresh meat. Soon we can just stay in our hideout and sleep in that useless bed and pretend we're still playing the game as intended.

How much of the game are you willing to toss out to these low lives?

Private servers and active admins is the only way out of this mess. In 2 decades + it has been the only way to properly handle these fiends. No spawning items, no controls other than to ban fools. When it's this bad sometimes some good people gonna get sacked but overall it becomes a cleaner place. It's all about limiting admin power and we'd have a working system.

Or you can avoid 75% of the maps and 50% of the content and pretend you're still playing the game.

Also wanted to add I'm not vouching for every bogus cheater report out there. Nor am I saying it's out of control. Just that there is only one solution to the problem in general.

Edited by lls
  • Upvote 1