Sign in to follow this  
MaudDad

Moonshine Scav Box - Horrid return on investment

MaudDad

Has this been nerfed or am I just on a seriously shitty streak -  My last 5+ Moonshine scavbox runs have been blisteringly appalling, hence this thread.   Not even breaking even.   Have plenty of automobile manuals tho.   Honestly 85k runs are way better returns.

BanditMaka

Pretty sure scav box got nerfed end of last wipe. ROI hasn't been good for a minute, more of a gamble for quest items now.

• Sad 1

TheWhistler

Hey there, a friend got a 1 million plus return the other day so, it's still possible to get an amazing return. Though, I have had about the same luck as you. It has been pretty rough. Like Maka said, it's a lot more useful if you are trying to get quest/FIR items but even then, the odds of getting exactly what you need aren't the best. Hopefully things will turn around for all of us.

• Thanks 1

Na0cho

I’ve gotten poo luck. 

but I always get poo luck. 

best luck per cost  I’ve had is the intelligence report but still barely broke even. 

but this was the case for me last wipe too. I just have bad rng. 

• Like 1

LenzOA

made like 60 runs so far this wipe. the information on the wiki is not matching. i think you get back about what you put in plus some of it are quest items. so i f you go for kappa or are not lvl 40 its worth it. otherwise you have fun with it but its not for making money.

• Thanks 1

ferguswag

I watched YouTube videos analyzing all the trades and the general consensus was that you would on average get a 20% ROI. Not much of a difference to notice considering that is barely above breaking even. 

MaudDad

Its not really about the money... till I start getting piles of trash...  I also dont want to ceaselessly get 400% roi... but its been real trash of late

LenzOA
4 hours ago, ferguswag said:

I watched YouTube videos analyzing all the trades and the general consensus was that you would on average get a 20% ROI. Not much of a difference to notice considering that is barely above breaking even. 

this is old information and not matching since last wipe or high rng.

ferguswag
57 minutes ago, LenzOA said:

this is old information and not matching since last wipe or high rng.

I couldn't find any changes in the patch notes referencing the scav box... but they might've ninja nerfed it.

It seems dumb to imagine a station in the hideout requiring a huge investment and continual expense not being designed to give some small return.

• Like 1

Na0cho

It definitely feels like it’s been nerfed even with my persistently bad rng. 

I will say though I get a lot of tank shells which made the Prapor quest a breeze. 

• Like 1

MaudDad

Yeah,  It has been abysmal -  I am about to ignore it.    The crap I am getting isn't even usable, or useful. 

DissAbledGamer
Posted (edited)

Moonshine and intel is usually not in the middle, meaning you do not get a return on investment each colelction, BUT i've gotten over 5 mill once with a blue key card, it was the previous wipe, so I don't know if it's still possible this patch. 

The level of hitting the jackpot is astronomical when you hit it.

My best return on the 85,000 has been 2 tank batteries and 1 ofz in 1 collection, barely 600k if that and thats from 85k investment.

And my best return from either the moonshine/intel (200k investment) was keycard worth 7 mill atm, but in previous patch.

If you do the math a 7 fold return was best ever for myself on 85k and a 35 fold investment was best for myself on the 200kish collection.

You'll hit that jackpot, luckily the moonshine/intel is technically "free" since you can find the stuff easily in raid and craft the things needed. 

But also considering 2 hours vs 5 hours I guess you can say the potential is 14 fold vs 35 fold. 

Edited by DissAbledGamer

MaudDad

Last patch... Moonshine was worth it.    usually broke even, and then every now and then would get a grand salami, here and there a bust

I have dumped at least 40 moonshines into my box... and not a single one of them was even memorable.  

It feels like poo, and is abusive.    I'm going to ignore the stupid box from now on.

z_Omni_z

I stopped using moonshine when I got my final items for Kappa. Really the only one I find is reliable are the two lower Ruble sums which I don't even run since they're only going to make you like 20-40%. In fact, my hideout in general mostly sits inactive except the bitcoin farm these days.