Scrumpsdilly

SCAV RUN BUG? Items loose "found in raid" status

Scrumpsdilly

I just got out of a good scav run. I scared someone away from a body that they killed. I looted it and made it out with amazing gear...

Every item i got from the PMC that i didn't kill is not marked as found in raid. I can not sell any of those items on the flea market. 

I don't understand, i found them in raid. I didn't kill the PMC but i did scare the guy away that did, why do those items loose "found in raid status" just because i didn't get the kill.

PLEASE FIX THIS IF IT IS NOT INTENTIONAL! I just lost out of a lot of money not being able to sell the items on the flea market. 

ss.png

Flea.png

svlewison

Same thing happens to me yesterday but I killed all I looted from. Also I thought if something is in my gamma and I extract with survived status it’s considered found in raid? New to the game maybe I’m just confused and wrong?

soldierdog

Everything that a pmc brings into a raid is not found in raid. So his gun, armor and so on is not FIR. But that key is which the pmc found in that raid.

DieselDave
On 8/8/2020 at 1:46 AM, soldierdog said:

Everything that a pmc brings into a raid is not found in raid. So his gun, armor and so on is not FIR. But that key is which the pmc found in that raid.

interesting, you would think that if you kill someone and take their stuff (regardless of where they got it) that it would have a found in raid tag because you literally found it in raid.

soldierdog

It's just to battle RMT. And what a pmc takes with him into the raid is brought into raid. Otherwise pmc friend brings valuable loot into raid drops it for you and you can sell it on the fleamarket. 

RebelBadger001

just had a similar thing with my PMC was killed in raid but none of the items I looted and got out in my case have a check mark. is this a bug or did they change that you have to survive to get the check mark? I have not played in a while so if that was a change. in the past if you got something found in raid out even if you died it counted and got the check mark. 

soldierdog

You have to survive.

• Like 1

DieselDave
10 hours ago, soldierdog said:

It's just to battle RMT. And what a pmc takes with him into the raid is brought into raid. Otherwise pmc friend brings valuable loot into raid drops it for you and you can sell it on the fleamarket. 

They could always add a check to see if the PMC was dead prior to equipment being removed from their inventory.

Something like:

If the PMC was alive at the time the items were removed from the inventory, remove the "found in raid" tag. If the PMC was dead at the time the item was removed from inventory, add the "found in raid" tag.

soldierdog

Still it would be abused. Friend pmc brings loot, you kill friend and take loot. Rins and repeat. 

RebelBadger001

so we have a magic box that can hold loot even if we die but if we die the magic loot in the magic box doesn't get check mark and is less valuable.  Man that is a real punch in the dick. FFS why even bother having the magic box its like the Devs just sit around trying to think of ways to make the game less enjoyable. 

DieselDave
8 hours ago, soldierdog said:

Still it would be abused. Friend pmc brings loot, you kill friend and take loot. Rins and repeat. 

This can be mitigated by adding yet another check to see if players are part of a group. If they are and a group member kills another, the loot doesn't get the "found in raid" tag. Sure there will be some abuse but it would be a better system than what is currently in place to handle marking items with "found in raid" and not "found in raid".

There will never be a perfect solution to balance everything out, the trick is to find the happy medium to keeps things as fair as possible.

soldierdog
5 hours ago, DieselDave said:

This can be mitigated by adding yet another check to see if players are part of a group. If they are and a group member kills another, the loot doesn't get the "found in raid" tag. Sure there will be some abuse but it would be a better system than what is currently in place to handle marking items with "found in raid" and not "found in raid".

There will never be a perfect solution to balance everything out, the trick is to find the happy medium to keeps things as fair as possible.

It's an idea. But what I understand of the FIR system is that what spawns into a raid as loot has the FIR tag. Everything that spawns in with a PMC will lose it's FIR status as soon as it's spawns in. Easy to check with a key that has the FIR tag, spawn in a raid as PMC and check de FIR tag.

And yea what is fair? That's all in the eye of the beholder. You can still make money out of PMC loot by just selling it to a trader. Yea you make a bit less money. But making some money is not that hard.