Sign in to follow this  
gkcx2002

1st scav run dead in 26 seconds

gkcx2002

Just purchased yesterday. Did a few offline runs do get my feet wet. My first scav run on Customs I spawned in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by trees next to a big rock. Never moved. Set up my ipad next to me with the map and checked my gear to see what I spawned with and heard footsteps charging towards me. I was able to escape out of the gear menu and tried to face my attacker and got blasted in the face. 26 seconds of game time. How? Cheater or camper? I thought scav spawns were random. 

zieft

Openning gear menu has a sound effect which can be heared by other players.

Na0cho

They are random to a point. As I there are only so many and you spawn at one of them. 

you spawned on the back wall of customs in an area that people move through frequently from your description. 

im guessing you spawned near passage between rocks and the loot stash up there. 

what time of the raid did you spawn in because that would make a huge difference to where people would be. 

It is probably just bad luck as no one hangs out up there they just push through as there’s not much loot just a few stashes. 

The only time you may get spawn camped there is if you had a late spawn as a pmc. 

if you don’t see the numbers counting down before you spawn, you spawned late. 

so if other people were to spawn at the spawns just to the left and right of your spawn they can absolutely be ready to kill you before you even see the screen. That is unfair and I really wish they would eliminate those late spawns. 

always check the time and your extracts (they pop up right as you spawn or you can press o for time and double tap o for time and available extracts)

as a scav, you already know you are spawning at random times in random areas.  It’s fine since you are spawning with a free load out. 

as a pmc late spawns suck. 

ferguswag

How did you die while alt tabbed looking at an Ipad? Lol

inabearsuit
5 hours ago, ferguswag said:

How did you die while alt tabbed looking at an Ipad? Lol

Where did he say he alt-tabbed?

OP: It happens. My best time for dying as a scav was 18 seconds. It happens. Once you get more accustomed to the map and quickly checking and moving your gear around, it likely won't happen. But when you spawn, just take a moment to find a good spot to hide while you check stuff, if need be.

gkcx2002
1 hour ago, inabearsuit said:

OP: It happens. My best time for dying as a scav was 18 seconds. It happens. Once you get more accustomed to the map and quickly checking and moving your gear around, it likely won't happen. But when you spawn, just take a moment to find a good spot to hide while you check stuff, if need be.

After the first debacle I've been doing much better. In fact it's pretty easy to just run to the extract and take the scav loot you spawned with to turn it into cash. 

inabearsuit
40 minutes ago, gkcx2002 said:

After the first debacle I've been doing much better. In fact it's pretty easy to just run to the extract and take the scav loot you spawned with to turn it into cash. 

True, but scav runs can also be a good time to practice PVP without risking anything! And to look for better loot!

DissAbledGamer
12 hours ago, gkcx2002 said:

Just purchased yesterday. Did a few offline runs do get my feet wet. My first scav run on Customs I spawned in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by trees next to a big rock. Never moved. Set up my ipad next to me with the map and checked my gear to see what I spawned with and heard footsteps charging towards me. I was able to escape out of the gear menu and tried to face my attacker and got blasted in the face. 26 seconds of game time. How? Cheater or camper? I thought scav spawns were random. 

The spawn's in general try to space you apart from other players be it PMC or another SCAV (player). I've seen my friends with slower computers spawn at different locations to those of us that spawned on time, so with that said, I'm pretty sure another player had spawned in around us that was not part of our team for that to happen. 

I usually let it go when I'm doing scav runs even if I do run into a cheater. The only time I report or even do something is let's say I do a scav run and happen to have a lab keycard and I spawn in and I hear someone running at me when I haven't even moved... that's kind of obvious that they knew I had a lab key in my inventory. Best way to look at scav runs is that you lose nothing but have everything to gain. I've been killed by cheaters as a scav and it makes no sense to me why, but hey the fact they cheat makes no sense to begin with right? It's already stressful as it is to die on your PMC to a cheater, so it's healthier to just say "F it" when you're on the scav. 

chrisragnar

Lol bought game yesterday, plays one raid and dies once, and the first thing you do is post on the forum about it..  kinda sums up this community I guess, game is broken if you die once 😛

• Thanks 1

Harvg123

Been playing the game for a while now, I had a scav run on Factory yesterday which lasted 2 seconds... died to a player scav before the screen even appeared fully. Happens sometimes. Try maps like shoreline and interchange for scav runs IMO

gkcx2002
3 hours ago, chrisragnar said:

Lol bought game yesterday, plays one raid and dies once, and the first thing you do is post on the forum about it..  kinda sums up this community I guess, game is broken if you die once 😛

Never said the game was broken. However there were plenty of helpful responses that were appreciated. 

• Upvote 1

chrisragnar
1 hour ago, gkcx2002 said:

Never said the game was broken. However there were plenty of helpful responses that were appreciated. 

No i was talking more about the overall attitude of the community. People melting down on the forums every time they die.

justinherod
14 hours ago, inabearsuit said:

thats nothing, i had a scav raid where LITTERALLY the second i spawned in i had a player looking right at me and 1 taps me in the head. i poo u not. it was the exact second i spawned in and my screen came up. my raid time said 2 seconds. from the time he shot me to my character falling.

inabearsuit
Just now, justinherod said:

thats nothing, i had a scav raid where LITTERALLY the second i spawned in i had a player looking right at me and 1 taps me in the head. i poo u not. it was the exact second i spawned in and my screen came up. my raid time said 2 seconds. from the time he shot me to my character falling.

I have a bad feeling I've done that to one or two players before too. You turn around and suddenly see a Scav standing out in the open and not moving... probably fresh player spawn. Either way, they are getting tapped!

Aazatgrabya
25 minutes ago, inabearsuit said:

I have a bad feeling I've done that to one or two players before too. You turn around and suddenly see a Scav standing out in the open and not moving... probably fresh player spawn. Either way, they are getting tapped!

Yup, same here.  But I've been on the bullet end too.  My quickest raid was 8 seconds!  As a PMC too if I remember correctly spawning in late.  It just happens, laugh it off and jump straight back in.