[Newbie] A few words of praise, but also criticism

Hey folks,

I'm new to the game and started playing about a week ago. I've been eyeballing EFT for a while now and finally decided to give it a shot.

What can I say except that I am truly impressed with the vast amount of content for a game that's still in beta. I really love the general concept of the game, its complex looting and gearing system, the extensive weapon mod system and most of all -- the mind-blowing detail that went into the level design is simply breathtaking!

Now, I understand that EFT is not kindergarten. It was purposefully designed as a hardcore shooter that's not supposed to be easy but sets focus on a most realistic combat experience. If you want easy, go play COD or BF. And that's fine with me. I also like the concept of losing any gear you brought into a raid if you get killed as PMC. It makes you think twice of what you're willing to risk, which makes gameplay even the more interesting. Have any problem with that? Git gud. lol 😁

However, after about a week of playing I sensed a few things that get so infuriatingly frustrating that I already feel myself starting to lose interest in the game. Which is kinda sad, because I really like the concept and would like to keep playing. So I thought I'd use the opportunity and list a few things that should be improved in my opinion.

• Disable Scav cooldown timer when you got killed

Sure, there's a reason why playing as Scav has a timer before you can play it again. After all, scaving is a no-risk, but potentially high-reward situation. If you die in-raid, you only lose what was generated at random before the session. But if you successfully extract, you may keep whatever you found during the raid. Obviously, if there was no cooldown timer at all, everyone would just play Scav all the time without risking the life of their PMC. Nobody wants that. But: since you get killed so easily and so quickly in EFT (especially when you're new to the game), it is a real pain having to wait 20 minutes before you can scav again, even if you died. What's the point of having to wait 20 mins when you didn't get to keep any of the loot the round before because your Hypothalamus made friendship with Mr. 7.62x54mmR? There is zero reward in terms of loot when you get killed while scaving, so why must I wait nevertheless? I think the cooldown timer is only justified when you made your exit, in order to prevent people to play the game in a "Scav-only" style.

• Allow Scav offline mode at any time (no timer)

Since offline mode is for training purpose only and doesn't change anything in your profile, it should always be available, even as Scav. But instead, when I died as Scav in an online raid the round before, I can not even play Scav offline mode without having to wait out the 20 min timer. No fun.

• Remove post-raid healing of a PMC that was KIA

I play PMC, I get killed, and then... I have to heal?!?! Why? I'm dead. I'm bleeding demised. I passed on. I am no more. I ceased to be. I'm expired and gone to meet my maker. I am a late PMC. Bereft of life, I rest in peace. I kicked the bucket, hopped the twig, run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. I. AM. AN. EX-PMC.

Honestly, the need to heal a character that was killed doesn't make much sense to me. Just a waste of money and medical supplies. The need to post-raid heal a character should only be there if you extracted while wounded. Being killed already gives you the punishment of losing all your loot. No need to give me the extra punishment of having to heal a dead guy.

• Add penalty for killing Scavs while playing as Scav yourself

We Scavs are supposed to stick together, don't you see? Our real enemy are the heavily armed PMCs. Carrying all this class A gear, they're hard enough to kill as is. That's why the Scav bots don't shoot at other Scavs, unless they do something stupid first. However, I regularly encounter other player Scavs that don't give a damn about a friendly wiggle but come at me all guns blazing. Immediately. No chit-chat first. While it should generally be possible to do, I think it would be fair to add a massive negative EXP penalty if you decide to do so.

• Fair matchmaking

As far as I can tell you get thrown onto a server with other players of any level. What chances does a newbie with a 9x18mm Makarov stand against a heavily armored dude with years of experience and a fully automatic battleship-launcher? I think it'd be wise to implement a function to allow the player to only get matched with players of a comparable level.

• And last but not least a little optional wish that'd be nice to have: add coop offline mode, so I can train with my friends against AI only

And that's all for today, folks!