FortunateSon_Oo

Random Deaths in new customs expansion

FortunateSon_Oo

image.thumb.png.e0825e9f70d6de94d8c30ca239aadb44.png

For some reason both my friend and I have encountered this problem. In the new expansion area of customs there are the train tracks by where you can go into old gas-station, and for some strange reason, if you go down them you get shot at by what my friend and I call "God". I was loaded and I saw a hole in the gate on the left and I wondered if I could go through it, boom, invisible wall. Than, (This happened in separate raids, once to my friend and once to me) I started getting shot at by god. Its an invisible scav that apparently makes noises, since I heard him scream in front of me, but I couldn't see him, and no matter where I went, even when I went prone down in the ditch to the right of the track, I die. I was really geared that run and the fact that it has happened on more than once occasion is unforgivable. My friend read somewhere that it was the game getting scared that you were going out of the map so a random sniper shoots you from nowhere, which is outrageous. If you have the audacity to create fake holes in the walls, at least dont kill the players for simply WALKING TOWARDS THEM. what the hell are we experiencing? The first time, my friend died to god and I looted him. I still have the dogtag, it says he was killed by "nobody" with "-" even though he was clearly getting shot at, and I didnt hear the bullets. 

SgtBladeZ

I had done some testing and there is a kill barrier there.  If you look at the tracks there several signs with crosshairs and sniper warnings!  There is a kill barrier back there

Just try not to go past the second body by the wall on the left

DatGreatKhan
Posted (edited)

It was made intentionally. This is apart of Reserve too, it's a sniper zone. There are even signs that warn of snipers if you go past the signs. It's like an "out of bounds" of the map, but instead of blocking it off they decided to make it open but have warnings so you'd be shot by a "sniper" which you can't see. Kind of like a no man's land from WW2.

Edited by DatGreatKhan

Antmax
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I didn't see any signs and had the same problem. It's really easy to get lost around the old gas station when trying to get across the map. Especially when online maps haven't been updated and you have only played the game a few hours like me.

I only found out about the signs when I watched a video on Youtube. You even die when your in practice mode without any scavs. It's a much bigger map now than old online maps suggest. I just avoid the whole new area for now and try and get back to top side of that  main left to right road that passes the new gas station when I want to get across the customs.

Edited by Antmax