TacticalBazza

Dev priorities are garbage

TacticalBazza

this game has been in "beta" for 3 years so why are the devs priorities so god damn trash

hey guys we've got a cool new grenade launcher for you and like 15 new types of ammo! 

that's just great but nobody asked, how about you focus on more important things like:

a functioning lobby system
non-garbage servers
ability to cancel reload on bolt actions
rebalancing armor so it actually does something, seriously what is the point of armor in this game when basically everyone uses ammo that pens everything anyway (side note, why on earth have BSG added .366 AP which does 90 damage and pens class 5, used by a semi auto rifle and can spawn on scavs - yesterday a scav one shot me to the chest with a .366 AK through class 5 armor, what is wrong with you?)
etc.

why are your priorities adding more god damn ammo types? this game already has 200 too many, for example why does 5.45x39 need like 25 different variations?! you've had 3 YEARS to address any of this poo and you're too busy adding grenade launchers and ammo types

waste of dev time

• Like 3
  • Hot 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

ChessieSeaboard

ngl he was being a bit of a cutie about it but he's got a point. BSG should prioritize community complaints, and try to set additions as second priority (unless it intermixes with the community complaints). 

tobiassolem
4 minutes ago, TacticalBazza said:

referring to what?

the lobby system does actually work i'm just using an outdated garbage version?
the servers don't disconnect me all the time i'm just imagining it?
there is the ability to cancel reload on bolt actions, it just doesn't appear anywhere in the key bindings and nothing i've tried has worked?

so how about you go ahead and clarify what i am mistaken about

Well. You would find plenty of information, should you invest some time and do some thorough searching as to why the devs are making certain priorities. For example, they spent the past three months on devoting major resouces on dealing with cheaters.

As for what weapons and other content is added when, there's a line, and the people who 3D-model the weapons do not have the capabilities to "write a new lobby", or "change the netcode". This is being said over and over in thread after thread.

These are just some examples, but genuinely - bolts and lobbies are less important than for example finishing the maps, or implementing the main storyline for example. Things that are overdue.

• Like 1

TacticalBazza

just loaded into a scav raid with a friend, he was shooting at an invincible scav that was invisible for me, i was also invisible to him.

perhaps BSG should focus their efforts on fixing isues like these so this game isn't so god damn LIDL rather than adding 15 new ammo types?

• Sad 1

ferguswag
1 hour ago, TacticalBazza said:

that's just great but nobody asked, how about you focus on more important things like:

ability to cancel reload on bolt actions

You can already do this, you are just a noob bro.

• Like 1

TacticalBazza
Just now, tobiassolem said:

These are just some examples, but genuinely - bolts and lobbies are less important than for example finishing the maps, or implementing the main storyline for example. Things that are overdue.

anyone who plays tarkov 'for the story' is a brainlet. the 'story' isnt interesting or compelling, the quest system exists to provide players with objectives around the map incentivising them to move around and interact with each other rather than camping in a bush for 25 minutes.

i'd say things like 'my friend and i loaded into the same raid but he couldn't see me' and 'only one person can see this scav who happens to be invincible' are pretty big issues that should be more of a focus than 'hey guys we made a new grenade launcher and some new ammo types'

2 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

For example, they spent the past three months on devoting major resouces on dealing with cheaters.

oh yeah? how's that going? great success?

• Sad 1

tobiassolem
Just now, TacticalBazza said:

anyone who plays tarkov 'for the story' is a brainlet. the 'story' isnt interesting or compelling, the quest system exists to provide players with objectives around the map incentivising them to move around and interact with each other rather than camping in a bush for 25 minutes.

i'd say things like 'my friend and i loaded into the same raid but he couldn't see me' and 'only one person can see this scav who happens to be invincible' are pretty big issues that should be more of a focus than 'hey guys we made a new grenade launcher and some new ammo types'

Whether the story is interesting or not to you, it is still a part of the games' development, as it connects all the parts together. For example it explains why certain things are how they are. It is a core part of the games' universe and the role of EFT in the Russia 2028-universe.

1 minute ago, TacticalBazza said:

oh yeah? how's that going? great success?

With at least over a hundred thousand cheaters accounts banned, I would say quite a lot better with BattlEye than before. But if you measure it based on cheaters still being present in the game. Then its not a "great success". No. But then again, no multiplayer game ever has had a "great success" versus cheaters.

TacticalBazza
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

Whether the story is interesting or not to you, it is still a part of the games' development, as it connects all the parts together. For example it explains why certain things are how they are. It is a core part of the games' universe and the role of EFT in the Russia 2028-universe.

Perhaps they should consider hiring someone who can actually write English fluently then so all the quest text doesn't read like it's been put through google translate. How can I take it seriously otherwise?

Such thrilling and compelling objectives as well. 'Go here and get this item', 'place a beacon on this thing', 'find me a bunch of these things in raid', plus Jaeger's 'kill scavs under x condition'. Really the next level of storytelling. I'm hooked, I simply cannot wait to find out the next chapter in the exciting saga of the chemical containers.

Edited by TacticalBazza
  • Like 2

tobiassolem
Just now, TacticalBazza said:

Perhaps they should consider hiring someone who can actually write English fluently then so all the quest text doesn't read like it's been put through google translate. How can I take it seriously otherwise?

Do you genuinely believe that focusing efforts on rewriting the trader tasks takes precedence over - say adding the narrative for the main story?

Majlo
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TacticalBazza said:

I've been trying to get this non-existing job position for months now. :P

The Localization manager is busy working on all of the game translations at the same time, and the truth of the matter is that it's user run for the most part - players translate the game "open source" via Crowdin.

EDIT

Only parts of the localization is open for translation at any given time, unfortunately the task localization is not open for public translation as of this comment.

Edited by Majlo
More information

TacticalBazza
4 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

Do you genuinely believe that focusing efforts on rewriting the trader tasks takes precedence over - say adding the narrative for the main story?

No but my point is unless it's written fluently it's impossible to take it seriously anyway.

Do i think fixing lobby system, rebalancing armour so it's actually worth wearing, or fixing the game so I'm not literally invisible to my friend who has loaded into the same raid with me, takes precedence over the 'narrative for the main story'?

ABSOLUTELY

People play this game for the MMO FPS elements, combining FPS with persistent loot and risking your gear when you enter a raid.

Nobody gives a rats ass about the story and you're delusional if you think otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Majlo said:

I've been trying to get this non-existing job position for months now. :P

The Localization manager is busy working on all of the game translations at the same time, and the truth of the matter is that it's user run for the most part - players translate the game "open source" via Crowdin.

Damn if only they had some money to hire someone for this job. They must be really strapped for cash considering the game costs £40 for the base version or like £90 (!!!) for the pay-to-win edition

ferguswag
12 minutes ago, TacticalBazza said:

Perhaps they should consider hiring someone who can actually write English fluently then so all the quest text doesn't read like it's been put through google translate.

Why do you even read the quest text if you don't care about the lore?

• Like 1

TacticalBazza
4 minutes ago, ferguswag said:

Why do you even read the quest text if you don't care about the lore?

to laugh at it

most of the time i don't, but occasionally i will skim it for amusing excerpts. one of them uses the phrase 'arsetormenting key' which was a highlight

• Like 1

TacticalBazza
9 minutes ago, ferguswag said:

Yea I like laughing at stupid people too bro, thanks for making this post.

are you calling BSG stupid? that's not very nice, i never said they were stupid, just that the english is garbage

Hamm

TacticalBazza , everything youve said is spot on.

I tried to play this game the other night and it was a straight snoozefest. safe to say this game wont last much longer, even streamers are branching off and talk bad about the game

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

TacticalBazza
17 minutes ago, Hamm said:

TacticalBazza , everything youve said is spot on.

I tried to play this game the other night and it was a straight snoozefest. safe to say this game wont last much longer, even streamers are branching off and talk bad about the game

it's a shame cause the concept is really good, the execution is just garbage.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

TUALMASOK
6 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

Wait... There's a narrative? Or even hints of one?

tobiassolem
4 hours ago, TUALMASOK said:

Wait... There's a narrative? Or even hints of one?

As I said, there will be.

But if you look at the maps, there are plenty of hints.

behi09ma
10 hours ago, TacticalBazza said:

are you calling BSG stupid? that's not very nice, i never said they were stupid, just that the english is garbage

nope, he called you stupid for making this laughable topic. go back and read his post :D

• Sad 1

mattix

I agree with op. I'm sick of all the pointless, repetitive content. Resources could be better spent elsewhere. 

• Like 1

chrisragnar

So you know better than the Devs what is priority. 

Your priorities lies in having a playable experience right now. The Devs priority is a released game in X time.  

Right now it's more important to collect data, armor working or not now is irrelevant. It's all just testing and data collection for the final itteration. 

You can have opinions about how it works, but just saying "fix it" won't help. If the data says it's not working as intended, they will probably try something new next patch.

Make a suggestion in a civilised manner.

TacticalBazza
53 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

So you know better than the Devs what is priority. 

Your priorities lies in having a playable experience right now. The Devs priority is a released game in X time.  

Right now it's more important to collect data, armor working or not now is irrelevant. It's all just testing and data collection for the final itteration. 

You can have opinions about how it works, but just saying "fix it" won't help. If the data says it's not working as intended, they will probably try something new next patch.

Make a suggestion in a civilised manner.

idk i feel like 'i loaded into a raid with my friend and we were invisible to each other' is kind of a big deal

reminder the game has been in """beta""" for THREE YEARS. i think fixing issues like this is orders of magnitude more important than adding a grenade launcher and a bunch more ammo types.

DukeLander

EFT is money maker for Russia 2028.

If you look at eft from that angle, many things got sense and why they are like we have it now.

So you didn't buy eft, you have donated money for Russia 2028.

So relax and enjoy in half finished game till it last and don't take it to seriously.

oquiz
Posted (edited)

@TacticalBazza first thing you must admit.
theire a small team of dedicated developers. no big studio wich interact in the best way to develop fast.
Second, the unity engine is a big problem too. its limiting them in development progress and in options to include in to the game.
the engine is simply not made for such a complex game. but it is cheap. thats why they started off with this.
and sadly but on the other hand goodly wise, it is slowly getting better, as they cooperate with the engine developers to improve everything around.
and for the most part, all these netcode and quallity of life things you were talking about, would brake every time they change something around, or add new stuff. thats how development works.
and if you'd follow them, idk since 2017 or even earlier, you know that this allways happend.
they add stuff and something that worked before, is now broken again.
they need to implement everything to make it really stable.
and even cause all of that, they still try to let us have the best experiance currently possible.
there is no way they never changed anything in theire development manifesto, to make it a better experiance for us.
just look on it from the other perspective is all what i wanna say man:)

i hope its all half decent understandable, and im really sorry for the gramma mess. i trying my best:D

Edited by oquiz

Havana_Cola
Posted (edited)

its much easier to add ammo and graphical stuff than actually fixing the game, im not a game developer but  i work with software so i kinda know how hard it is to find a bug.

to make things worse, if you dont write your own game engine you can fall into performance problems you didnt even expect to happen in a zillion years.

everybody who still thinkgs that the game is making progress is living a illusion of being a fanboy.....the game idea is great, but performance is all over the place.

oh and yes, as was said before, the story ist just not worth the time.

Edited by Havana_Cola