Sign in to follow this  
Shaktimaan

Are specialization classes planned?

Shaktimaan

Now with the specialization classes, by that I mean selecting a class among'st various different real life combat classes like being a Medic, or a Sniper or being an Assaulter, or Recon, etc while creating a character.

There would be a few key advantages which a player with the specific class specification would get.

1) Some initial skill points which would enable the characters with those classes to do things which they normally wouldn't be able to like a Medic performing a surgery with the surgical kit or the medic stopping an arterial bleeding or something like that or a sniper being able to zero their rifle correctly or an assault point man having a higher resistance to concussions and things like that.

2) Some specialized class equipment that the respective class would get. For example snipers would get a ghillie suit upon completing some class specific tasks or a medic getting some stimulants like Morphine or better aid kits from the traders and also the ability to craft some ghetto makeshift equipment in their hideout. A sniper could also craft some specialized loads.

3) This will also prevent any anyone to be a complete all rounder right from the start, so for example a player right now can be a Medic, an Assaulter and a Sniper all by themselves, so it defeats the purpose of playing tactically in a tactical game and at this point you might aswell throw the combat tactics rulebook out of the window as wounding a target literally doesn't mean anything if they have a surgical kit or suppressing fire is completely meaningless if the other player happens to carry a sniper rifle on their back and snipe you after you've revealed your position.

4) BUT, this won't prevent any player from BEING an allrounder later on in the game as they can level up the respective skills they're lacking in by performing mundane tasks like applying a bandage on their wound like any regular soldier would. They just won't be able to perform a surgery like a field medic would and they will have to work towards the ability to do so from various things like reading medical books or performing simple and quick medical procedures on themselves like bandaging themselves.

Now, I've created this thread because I haven't found any official information on this subject and if it's being planned at all or not.

Shaktimaan
Posted (edited)

@Xarc

Yes and no.

The one mentioned on the wiki can be categorized as "skills".

I'm saying that a character class would give you more skill points in those skills at the start of the game as a PMC is infact a specialized warrior/operative who is there to complete their mission and are stuck there for whatever reasons they might have.

They also will give you a boost towards leveling your specialization skills. with some additional class specific equipment available to buy through the traders.

Edited by Shaktimaan

Shaktimaan
Posted (edited)

@Xarc

I mean they've specifically said that they don't care about the lone wolves and they're not interested in catering them.

Now obviously everything is subject to change, but IMHO lone wolves can also get by because as I said, a player can always "train" themselves and it's only going to give the player some boost in terms of character creation and giving them a incentive to set a goal towards something and nothing regarding to this should be permanently locked.

A lone wolf could easily be a surgeon or a sniper by doing ingame activities and getting some specialized paid training from the traders or something like that as they've said that the trader will be offering their "services" and I think this should fit into that very well.

Also there were some talks about having some field manuals/guides which the player can read in order to get some experience in those areas.

In theory, there could also be a set of "super chad soldiers" who can do anything and everything in a group like they're already able to in the current version xD

Edited by Shaktimaan

Anton_Privalov

It will be as such that you yourself will achieve that class through your actions, similar to how Skyrim does it. The progression right now (in all senses) is accelerated, but when 1.0 comes out everything will be way slower and more scarce items. Maybe there will be a small amount of starter boost points to give a head start in one direction, but everything else will be up to you.

At least that's what can be deciphered from the dev's words.