GraveyardDoctor

Extracting when time runs out

GraveyardDoctor

I recently had a very good run on factory, time was running out so I headed to my extract and took two seconds too long to clear it. I was only two seconds away from full extracting when the gametime ran out. My question and suggestion is, if the game time runs out when someone is in the extraction zone, count it as an extraction. It was frustrating to have played all my cards right only to lose everything because of a two second difference.

This is a fantastic game and I think that this change will only make it better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MrPeebles
1 hour ago, GraveyardDoctor said:

I recently had a very good run on factory, time was running out so I headed to my extract and took two seconds too long to clear it. I was only two seconds away from full extracting when the gametime ran out. My question and suggestion is, if the game time runs out when someone is in the extraction zone, count it as an extraction. It was frustrating to have played all my cards right only to lose everything because of a two second difference.

This actaully makes sense, at least to me (and you of course xD)

SR_Madruga
On 8/12/2020 at 8:53 PM, GraveyardDoctor said:

I don't think this will work as intended. People will just duck some locations and will hold position till the end, it will be the heaven for campers... But I understand your point, It has happened to me too. I think this system is temporary, they have in mind an open-world, and the extraction system will be very different in this scenario.

• Upvote 1

MrPeebles
21 hours ago, SR_Madruga said:

I don't think this will work as intended. People will just duck some locations and will hold position till the end, it will be the heaven for campers... But I understand your point, It has happened to me too. I think this system is temporary, they have in mind an open-world, and the extraction system will be very different in this scenario.

It could be made to work, for example, setting a timer, if a person stays put longer than, for example, 10/15 seconds, it means that person is camping and waiting to extract, in that case it wouldn't work, and also it could be made that this suggestion would only work for the extractions listed for you only, so if you don't have, say Crossroads as an extraction point, then it wouldn't count as well.