Dimtiri_Vegas

Night Raid Campers.....

Dimtiri_Vegas

For the 3rd time now im trying to get this Customs mission done. And every goddamn time somebody camps in a random corner while the game is already going for 15-20 min. People just sit in 1 corner the entire raid making 0 noise. I went into the 2 story dorms. Waited there literally 5 min and heard no sounds. I checked every opened door im going downstairs and i get instantly sprayed down. Like i dont get it how can people have such a playstyle. These people just ruin the game experience. (And btw if you say now that i camped myself because i waited 5 min in the dorms then you are wrong because i was just listening for sound if a player was there otherwise i was moving around the map the whole time.)

Camping shouldnt be a viable option in this game. And dont argue its tactics its tactics and in real life people always sit and wait for targets. 1st of all dont compare a game to real life and 2nd camping isnt a "tactic" like flanking or surpress fireing. No its just doing nothing and punishing players who actually move around the map. Its not possible to check every corner in every situation on any point of the map. And camping the whole raid is just ruining the fun. 

I have several suggestions how you could fix campers. 

- Making the energy and Hydration drain faster over time. So at least at some point you will hear people maybe eating or drinking. 

- Incresing the aim stamina drain (blue bar) so that people cant hold angles for literal minutes 

- When the blue bar drains it should also make a sound to indicate that the player is "exhausted" from trying to steady the gun ( would also make sense in real life if you come with that argument)

• Sad 5

TUALMASOK

It's a valid tactic. You need to adjust your play style to suit the game, not request the game be changed to suit your play style.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

TinBear

Yeah ,they need to have it if you sit to long you get kicked from the game for  inactivity.  

chrisragnar

The other person was also just not camping. He was listening for other players. Too bad you stopped campi.. listening first.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

brian_fn

Wtf.

A raid has 40 - 50 min and during this time, everyone can do whatever he wants. This is an important part of the game - everything is possible. 

The suggestions are completely artificial and contrary to what we are discussing in the "make tarkov realistic again" threads.

Energy and hydration drain - should be lower for a camper because he is moving less.

Aim stamina drain - might be lower for a camper because he is mastering this skill(ok, doesn´t exist yet and he might not aim the whole time).

Making a sound when you are exhausted from steadying the gun - not really. What kind of sound should that be? There is a difference between exhausted from steadying a gun and sprinting for a few 100m. Furthermore, we should be able to aim without making any sound. This should take more time, but it should be implemented in the game, maybe by using the speed modifier. When in the highest setting, it is like now, aiming very quick and making a noise but when in the lowest setting, aiming should take 2-4 sec and don´t make any noise. Hopefully, we will see this in the future.

• Upvote 2

DukeLander
7 hours ago, Dimtiri_Vegas said:

For the 3rd time now im trying to get this Customs mission done. And every goddamn time somebody camps in a random corner while the game is already going for 15-20 min. People just sit in 1 corner the entire raid making 0 noise. I went into the 2 story dorms. Waited there literally 5 min and heard no sounds. I checked every opened door im going downstairs and i get instantly sprayed down. Like i dont get it how can people have such a playstyle. These people just ruin the game experience. (And btw if you say now that i camped myself because i waited 5 min in the dorms then you are wrong because i was just listening for sound if a player was there otherwise i was moving around the map the whole time.)

Camping shouldnt be a viable option in this game. And dont argue its tactics its tactics and in real life people always sit and wait for targets. 1st of all dont compare a game to real life and 2nd camping isnt a "tactic" like flanking or surpress fireing. No its just doing nothing and punishing players who actually move around the map....

Well, in real life combat  ( if you already mentioned it) you have simple rule: security vs mobility. More you move, less secure you are.

Try it like me:

If you have some specific stupid quest, play it stupid.

Bring some cheap gear, like lvl 4 armor,cheap weapon like vepr 136, cheap ammo like PS and bunch of grenades and clear out you way with grennades in dorms.

There is no camper who's gonna stand still if you drop grenade near him.

Or even more better: bring some mates with you and you gonna have even fun in game :)

inabearsuit
1 hour ago, DukeLander said:

Well, in real life combat  ( if you already mentioned it) you have simple rule: security vs mobility. More you move, less secure you are.

Try it like me:

Bring some cheap gear, like lvl 4 armor,cheap weapon like vepr 136, cheap ammo like PS and bunch of grenades and clear out you way with grennades in dorms.

Or even more better: bring some mates with you and you gonna have even fun in game :)

Wouldn't you need like a dozen grenades just for one building though haha, so many damn corners in those buildings!

Van_Hellspit

How is it not a valid tactic, you died and they got your loot. Its a perfect tactic if you ask me. Sorry fam but its, kill by any means necessary in this game. Camping is called good tactics. If you arrive late to dorms, i would either suggest bringing in some flash bangs and flash your corners or wait a wee bit longer to see if anyone is running away.

• Sad 1

ferguswag
10 hours ago, Dimtiri_Vegas said:

And btw if you say now that i camped myself because i waited 5 min in the dorms then you are wrong because i was just listening for sound if a player was there otherwise i was moving around the map the whole time.

So waiting for 5 minutes in silence isn't camping but waiting for 6 minutes is camping, got it.

10 hours ago, Dimtiri_Vegas said:

- Incresing the aim stamina drain (blue bar) so that people cant hold angles for literal minutes 

- When the blue bar drains it should also make a sound to indicate that the player is "exhausted" from trying to steady the gun ( would also make sense in real life if you come with that argument)

People should really have to take a game knowledge questionnaire before posting on the forums

Dimtiri_Vegas
vor 10 Stunden schrieb TUALMASOK:

It's a valid tactic. You need to adjust your play style to suit the game, not request the game be changed to suit your play style.

Its not a valid tactic lol. So you think that players who sit in 1 corner the whole game making 0 effort to actually do something or engage in real firefights is a valid tactic. Man you must have never been killed multible times by that.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb chrisragnar:

The other person was also just not camping. He was listening for other players. Too bad you stopped campi.. listening first.

He was listening for other players 20 min into the raid yeee sure. Meanwhile i moved around the map 15 min of those. What he did is sprinted into the dorms and waited there in a corner for players. And he didnt make any noise before so he was holding that angle a REALLY long time. 

Theres a difference between sitting in a room and listening for noises and holding an angle in dorms for 20 min my dude 

Dimtiri_Vegas
vor 3 Stunden schrieb brian_fn:

Wtf.

A raid has 40 - 50 min and during this time, everyone can do whatever he wants. This is an important part of the game - everything is possible. 

The suggestions are completely artificial and contrary to what we are discussing in the "make tarkov realistic again" threads.

Energy and hydration drain - should be lower for a camper because he is moving less.

Aim stamina drain - might be lower for a camper because he is mastering this skill(ok, doesn´t exist yet and he might not aim the whole time).

Making a sound when you are exhausted from steadying the gun - not really. What kind of sound should that be? There is a difference between exhausted from steadying a gun and sprinting for a few 100m. Furthermore, we should be able to aim without making any sound. This should take more time, but it should be implemented in the game, maybe by using the speed modifier. When in the highest setting, it is like now, aiming very quick and making a noise but when in the lowest setting, aiming should take 2-4 sec and don´t make any noise. Hopefully, we will see this in the future.

Uhm no i said the energy and hydration drain should be "generally" lowered and getting drained faster then it is now so people cant sit in building the whole game without at least making some sort of eating noises or they loose health from dehydration. Its perfectly realistic lol

If someone holds an angle he is generally aiming lol thats the premise when holding an angle xD 

Dude you know how much a assault rifle weighs ? So you tell me you could just steady a gun and aim for 20 min without letting it down ok i want to see that 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb DukeLander:

Try it like me:

But i cant bring like 10 grenades with me all the time xD

And i dont like to play with mates im playing solo

Dimtiri_Vegas
vor 39 Minuten schrieb Van_Hellspit:

How is it not a valid tactic, you died and they got your loot. Its a perfect tactic if you ask me. Sorry fam but its, kill by any means necessary in this game. Camping is called good tactics. If you arrive late to dorms, i would either suggest bringing in some flash bangs and flash your corners or wait a wee bit longer to see if anyone is running away.

So if you argue like that cheating should be a valic tactic too. "You died they got your loot". Could literally say the same to cheaters xD. Noone is calling camping a good tactic lol. Nobody is happy about them. Because these people dont play the game right. Tarkov is about engaging adrenaline pumping firefights, questing, modding out guns. Not sitting in corners the whole game just to punish a player who moved around the map sweat his as....s of in firefights just to get killed my a guy who did nothing all game. 

vor 36 Minuten schrieb ferguswag:

So waiting for 5 minutes in silence isn't camping but waiting for 6 minutes is camping, got it.

People should really have to take a game knowledge questionnaire before posting on the forums

Ye theres a difference. I was waiting for 5 min with my door closed to hear any noises around there. He sit in that dorms for 20 min and held an angle. Yes there is definetly a big difference. Like i said out of the 20min in raid i was moving around 15 min of those he ran straight to dorms and camped there for 20min. 

And everybody can post on the forum whatever they want besides insults and other forms of discrimination

ferguswag
2 minutes ago, Dimtiri_Vegas said:

And everybody can post on the forum whatever they want besides insults and other forms of discrimination

Yea but then we get a horde of game knowledge illiterate people making ranting posts to fix things that aren't broken or already implemented.

DukeLander
37 minutes ago, Dimtiri_Vegas said:

But i cant bring like 10 grenades with me all the time xD

And i dont like to play with mates im playing solo

Why not? Or kill some raiders, they have a lot always.

Find right mate for you and no problems.

Van_Hellspit
52 minutes ago, Dimtiri_Vegas said:

So if you argue like that cheating should be a valic tactic too. "You died they got your loot". Could literally say the same to cheaters xD. Noone is calling camping a good tactic lol. Nobody is happy about them. Because these people dont play the game right. Tarkov is about engaging adrenaline pumping firefights, questing, modding out guns. Not sitting in corners the whole game just to punish a player who moved around the map sweat his as....s of in firefights just to get killed my a guy who did nothing all game. 

Ye theres a difference. I was waiting for 5 min with my door closed to hear any noises around there. He sit in that dorms for 20 min and held an angle. Yes there is definetly a big difference. Like i said out of the 20min in raid i was moving around 15 min of those he ran straight to dorms and camped there for 20min. 

Its ok fam, i'll sit and wait to take your loot, check your corners next time.

DroogKris
12 hours ago, Dimtiri_Vegas said:

Camping shouldnt be a viable option in this game.

Dude, come on.  get over it.  It is, and it should be.  This is the one game that is supposed to be emulating reality.  in reality, people would camp.  they would camp because of the terminal dynamic of error.  This game is replicating that terminal dynamic and adding real tangible consequence for failure.  It's simulating reality.  Go play CoD if you want to run around playing paintball.  That's not ho gunfights work

DroogKris

They should just make it so everyone takes turns winning.  This round you have to run out in front of my gun, next round I'll run out in front of yours.  why isn't every game exactly like Warzone?

--Derp

Snowflakables
Posted (edited)

I like how most of the people that are posting that camping isn't a massive problem are coping so hard, If a tactic becomes so vital to game play that it becomes the sole meta way to play doesn't mean this game is "Realistic" it means it's anti fun which is why this game will be dead within 2 years of its peak. This is a loot and shoot not a sit in a bush for 45 minutes with Eco gear and a Mosin so you can camp high traffic areas players are required to cross with no real way to counter you whatsoever. This game wouldn't be so trash if ambient noise like footsteps weren't so obnoxiously loud, this game is blatantly defender biased and intentionally hard neutered gun play so its even easier to camp than ever. Camping is so easy in this game you can literally alt tab and just wait for footsteps because they are like nuclear bombs going off on the map every time you make a single step and give you away from insane distances.

If you aren't sitting in a bush or rushing a key room the game isn't worth playing because the game panders to these people and the developers do nothing about it. Gunplay and skill will always be secondary and intentionally so. Imagine making a shooting game were the guns don't actually matter at all.

Ps. The fact key rooms don't have scavs guarding them goes to show how brainless these devs actually are.

Edited by Snowflakables

chrisragnar
3 hours ago, Dimtiri_Vegas said:

Its not a valid tactic lol. So you think that players who sit in 1 corner the whole game making 0 effort to actually do something or engage in real firefights is a valid tactic. Man you must have never been killed multible times by that.

He was listening for other players 20 min into the raid yeee sure. Meanwhile i moved around the map 15 min of those. What he did is sprinted into the dorms and waited there in a corner for players. And he didnt make any noise before so he was holding that angle a REALLY long time. 

Theres a difference between sitting in a room and listening for noises and holding an angle in dorms for 20 min my dude 

How do you know what he did before?

traumacode

The solution is to lower the raid time.  It takes 5 minutes to get across most maps full sprint.  There's no need to take 45-50 minutes to complete a match.  Shorten it to 30 minutes.  It'll force people to come out of their holes sooner and similar to battle royal (because that's all this game really is at the end of the day), make the perimeter shrink faster so everyone needs to move.

Alternative option, add heart beat sensors in the game like in rainbow 6.  This will reward players for actively having testicles or female equivalents and hunting down other players and encourage other players not to camp for 40 out of 45 minutes of the match.

N1shazu
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Dimtiri_Vegas said:

Like i dont get it how can people have such a playstyle. These people just ruin the game experience. (And btw if you say now that i camped myself because i waited 5 min in the dorms then you are wrong because i was just listening for sound if a player was there otherwise i was moving around the map the whole time.)

Camping shouldnt be a viable option in this game. And dont argue its tactics its tactics and in real life people always sit and wait for targets. 1st of all dont compare a game to real life and 2nd camping isnt a "tactic" like flanking or surpress fireing. No its just doing nothing and punishing players who actually move around the map. Its not possible to check every corner in every situation on any point of the map.

You can actually cover 360 every single sector of the map you move in if you play in a full squad. Said that, there is nothing to argue about...it is a tactic.Holding a position is pretty common. I think you’re a bit confused about Tactics. If you die. It’s your fault, your mistake, learn from it. If you need help request a Sherpa, I am sure you can learn something.

Edited by N1shazu
  • Sad 1

Dimtiri_Vegas
vor 4 Stunden schrieb chrisragnar:

How do you know what he did before?

Because at the start of the raid he was shooting in there and i assumed after 15min he went out 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Snowflakables:

I like how most of the people that are posting that camping isn't a massive problem are coping so hard, If a tactic becomes so vital to game play that it becomes the sole meta way to play doesn't mean this game is "Realistic" it means it's anti fun which is why this game will be dead within 2 years of its peak. This is a loot and shoot not a sit in a bush for 45 minutes with Eco gear and a Mosin so you can camp high traffic areas players are required to cross with no real way to counter you whatsoever. This game wouldn't be so trash if ambient noise like footsteps weren't so obnoxiously loud, this game is blatantly defender biased and intentionally hard neutered gun play so its even easier to camp than ever. Camping is so easy in this game you can literally alt tab and just wait for footsteps because they are like nuclear bombs going off on the map every time you make a single step and give you away from insane distances.

If you aren't sitting in a bush or rushing a key room the game isn't worth playing because the game panders to these people and the developers do nothing about it. Gunplay and skill will always be secondary and intentionally so. Imagine making a shooting game were the guns don't actually matter at all.

Ps. The fact key rooms don't have scavs guarding them goes to show how brainless these devs actually are.

Finally someone who understands it dear god....

Dimtiri_Vegas
vor 5 Stunden schrieb DroogKris:

Dude, come on.  get over it.  It is, and it should be.  This is the one game that is supposed to be emulating reality.  in reality, people would camp.  they would camp because of the terminal dynamic of error.  This game is replicating that terminal dynamic and adding real tangible consequence for failure.  It's simulating reality.  Go play CoD if you want to run around playing paintball.  That's not ho gunfights work

"emulating" not BEING reality. It is still a game. Just because a simulator simulates something you cant say its like that in real life thats complete stupidity. Otherwise all people who played Flying Simulator for 5000 hours would be pilots. 

The only thing Tarkov does is trying to recreate what guns could be like and how they could shoot and stuff like that. Thats it.

The stupidity from your comment is just as magnificent as the contradictions in your post. You say camping is viable. But then you say thats not how "GUNFIGHTS" work. FIGHTS. Btw fights is plural. You know what plural means more then 1. Do you have a GUNFIGHTS when you got camped upon NO jesus xD

vor 32 Minuten schrieb N1shazu:

You can actually cover 360 every single sector of the map you move in if you play in a full squad. Said that, there is nothing to argue about...it is a tactic.Holding a position is pretty common. I think you’re a bit confused about Tactics. If you die. It’s your fault, your mistake, learn from it. If you need help request a Sherpa, I am sure you can learn something.

Oh wow what a Sherlock we got here damn i didnt know you could cover all angles in a full squad facepalm. Im playing solo. And learning from what exactly?. From the mistake i had. So its really interessting how do you learn from getting 1 tapped from anywhere. Are you just dissapearing next time or you become invincible...I gotta say really interessting point there. Definetly ye next time when you see an extract you need to check all corners throw grenades at all possible angles and wait for sound too. But you do that anyway i mean you learn from your mistakes already right? cough cough

• Upvote 1

Dimtiri_Vegas
vor 6 Stunden schrieb DroogKris:

They should just make it so everyone takes turns winning.  This round you have to run out in front of my gun, next round I'll run out in front of yours.  why isn't every game exactly like Warzone?

--Derp

Warzone has the same camper problem lol. 

N1shazu
11 minutes ago, Dimtiri_Vegas said:

"emulating" not BEING reality. It is still a game. Just because a simulator simulates something you cant say its like that in real life thats complete stupidity. Otherwise all people who played Flying Simulator for 5000 hours would be pilots. 

The only thing Tarkov does is trying to recreate what guns could be like and how they could shoot and stuff like that. Thats it.

The stupidity from your comment is just as magnificent as the contradictions in your post. You say camping is viable. But then you say thats not how "GUNFIGHTS" work. FIGHTS. Btw fights is plural. You know what plural means more then 1. Do you have a GUNFIGHTS when you got camped upon NO jesus xD

Oh wow what a Sherlock we got here damn i didnt know you could cover all angles in a full squad facepalm. Im playing solo. And learning from what exactly?. From the mistake i had. So its really interessting how do you learn from getting 1 tapped from anywhere. Are you just dissapearing next time or you become invincible...I gotta say really interessting point there. Definetly ye next time when you see an extract you need to check all corners throw grenades at all possible angles and wait for sound too. But you do that anyway i mean you learn from your mistakes already right? cough cough

Ok.. I rarely comment on rant posts but since I did..The word camping does not apply to Tarkov. If you think getting ambushed is a problem in this game you probably bought the wrong game. That aside, welcome to my ignore list. Farewell kid, learn how to check your corners.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1