TheOnly4u

To Old - To Slow! FIR is the RIP for me.

TheOnly4u

So, first of the bat:

• I love this game, but...
  • It's more then 15 years since I was a "Hardcore"-player.
  • I'm old and slower
  • I've got far advanced Carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands and work with hard manual labor 6 days a week.
    - This means that my hands doesn't get enough blood and they get very stiff and painful.
    - It's to the point where I, after 40 min round in Tarkov, sometimes have to use my left hand to pry my right hand fingers of the bloody mouse.
    - I don't mind the pain and discomfort, it just means that: "I will never ever be a reaction "Twitch-shooter" again." And even worse..I'm slooow, I will over or under correct, because I can't feel my * hand.

So what does that mean...well...I guess, in essence, that I'm stuck at Noob light level as far as aiming at players and Scavs are concerned. And that I die, a lot. On top of that, I can only play 4-6 hours a week due to work, family, exercise. 

I was gifted the basic game package, tried and liked the game, trading on the market, doing runs and died a lot. Used the secure container a lot, so I upgraded to the most expensive game package to get the gamma container in order to be able to have meds and ammo in there, together with some lot from each raid in order to not loose to much pr round. That allowed me to use slight more expensive builds.

Now we come to "Loot Found In Raid" or FIR loot. The FIR status lost on items traded through the FLEA marked, is bad enough for taking the fun out of the marked, but the lose of FIR status on loot from the Secure container if you die, is the final straw for me.

I know you're trying, and failing, to combat RMTs. And you will keep failing. The RMTs does not care about the game, or what measures you implement. They use cheats anyway. No game has ever succeeded in killing RMTs. Unless you call killing of the player base, so there is no money in it for the RMTs, a success.

I also understand your hatchling fobia, but that is not a major issue, and your FIR actions and put me into a semi permanent hatchling and pistol runner position.

To round up:

• Fantastic game - Even in this early version, one of the best I've played in years. Kudos and thx, it's was fun.
  • Your actions against RMTs via FIR, as unintended consequences for those of us with a job, family and other issues/time hogs. And we are the majority. The vocal Hardcore streamers are essentially a minute fraction of your paying base. Your smart enough to deal with this in a better manner then a chain saw massacre.
  • Your or your vocal hardcore and or Streamer minorities argument of "This is a hardcore game, so get good or get out", is short sighted and uniformed, as the £/€/$ you so desperately seek, is in the hands of NON-HC players.
  • The challenge or balance are usually found in the middle, that balanced play where the game isn't too hard to learn and progress, but it's hard to master.
  • I'm out(so good riddance to me). I'll keep checking and hoping if the game has found a middle ground, and I might even do a round now and then, since after all, I like the game.

DukeLander
Posted (edited)

I have similar problems due the old injury.

I have made changes:

Ergonomical kb and mouse but more important find table with changeable height or good chair ( to find best height for your hands ) and after 1-2 raids make pause for 15-20 mins.

Plus change games. Dont play Tarkov all day because same movements and pace makes pain.

I play 2-3 raids in Tarkov - slow pace, then 2-3 in Warzone - very fast pace ( plus makes your reflexes better ) and then 2-3 rounds in Rocket League on controller with pause's between games.

That's my experience, maybe it can help you too.

If you want, add me like friend in game and we can try to play together.

Edited by DukeLander
  • Thanks 1

DroogKris
Posted (edited)

The contempt that the devs have for non cheating players is aggravating to me.   Who the F cares if a few people RMT.  I don't.  All the stuff they did to combat it is what has a negative effect on me.  And WTF is the deal with having contempt for hatchling runs?  Get FFFFFed.  Stop trying to control people.  spoiler alert!!! Hatchlings are easy to kill.  So kill them.  Secure containers are small.  WHO CARES!!?

There is nothing about a game that is more unappealing than when the devs change rules because they don;t like how the legitimate customers use the product.  This isn't free to play.  The nerve of you to have contempt for ANYTHING i do (that isn't employing hacks).  

I'm just about on my very last straw with the "authoritative" nature of these game operators.  Reminds me of Verant back in the EQ days.  Just taking the people that pay for all this for granted and treating them with contempt.   

Edited by DroogKris
  • Thanks 1

DukeLander

Yeap, you are right but:

When new solutions came against rmt, I thought it's a good idea. Not only me, everyone.

But soon every casual player realised it has very bad  consecvences. Plus we got cheaters exponential expansion on every map (with good loot).

And that is ok, BSG tried something, it doesn't work - trial and error procedure.

What is not ok is BSG does not do anything to correct this error and they pretend everything is fine.

But rmt are still there, too many cheaters and now we have even more hatchlings and players lvl 40 who's going in raid with only mosin and few bullets and nothing else.

Complete disaster.

Only way you can really enjoy in this game is to play with someone and make some fun out of it.

• Thanks 1

ANIMAL_MOTHER_0
6 minutes ago, DukeLander said:

Yeap, you are right but:

When new solutions came against rmt, I thought it's a good idea. Not only me, everyone.

But soon every casual player realised it has very bad  consecvences. Plus we got cheaters exponential expansion on every map (with good loot).

And that is ok, BSG tried something, it doesn't work - trial and error procedure.

What is not ok is BSG does not do anything to correct this error and they pretend everything is fine.

But rmt are still there, too many cheaters and now we have even more hatchlings and players lvl 40 who's going in raid with only mosin and few bullets and nothing else.

Complete disaster.

Only way you can really enjoy in this game is to play with someone and make some fun out of it.

youre not wrong this is a game breaker. 

• Thanks 1

RainmakerM4

The moment this game becomes casual or non hardcore easy mode its going to lose its magic.

Caster89Actual
On 8/13/2020 at 12:36 AM, TheOnly4u said:

So, first of the bat:

• I love this game, but...
  • It's more then 15 years since I was a "Hardcore"-player.
  • I'm old and slower
  • I've got far advanced Carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands and work with hard manual labor 6 days a week.
    - This means that my hands doesn't get enough blood and they get very stiff and painful.
    - It's to the point where I, after 40 min round in Tarkov, sometimes have to use my left hand to pry my right hand fingers of the bloody mouse.
    - I don't mind the pain and discomfort, it just means that: "I will never ever be a reaction "Twitch-shooter" again." And even worse..I'm slooow, I will over or under correct, because I can't feel my * hand.

So what does that mean...well...I guess, in essence, that I'm stuck at Noob light level as far as aiming at players and Scavs are concerned. And that I die, a lot. On top of that, I can only play 4-6 hours a week due to work, family, exercise. 

I was gifted the basic game package, tried and liked the game, trading on the market, doing runs and died a lot. Used the secure container a lot, so I upgraded to the most expensive game package to get the gamma container in order to be able to have meds and ammo in there, together with some lot from each raid in order to not loose to much pr round. That allowed me to use slight more expensive builds.

Now we come to "Loot Found In Raid" or FIR loot. The FIR status lost on items traded through the FLEA marked, is bad enough for taking the fun out of the marked, but the lose of FIR status on loot from the Secure container if you die, is the final straw for me.

I know you're trying, and failing, to combat RMTs. And you will keep failing. The RMTs does not care about the game, or what measures you implement. They use cheats anyway. No game has ever succeeded in killing RMTs. Unless you call killing of the player base, so there is no money in it for the RMTs, a success.

I also understand your hatchling fobia, but that is not a major issue, and your FIR actions and put me into a semi permanent hatchling and pistol runner position.

To round up:

• Fantastic game - Even in this early version, one of the best I've played in years. Kudos and thx, it's was fun.
  • Your actions against RMTs via FIR, as unintended consequences for those of us with a job, family and other issues/time hogs. And we are the majority. The vocal Hardcore streamers are essentially a minute fraction of your paying base. Your smart enough to deal with this in a better manner then a chain saw massacre.
  • Your or your vocal hardcore and or Streamer minorities argument of "This is a hardcore game, so get good or get out", is short sighted and uniformed, as the £/€/$ you so desperately seek, is in the hands of NON-HC players.
  • The challenge or balance are usually found in the middle, that balanced play where the game isn't too hard to learn and progress, but it's hard to master.
  • I'm out(so good riddance to me). I'll keep checking and hoping if the game has found a middle ground, and I might even do a round now and then, since after all, I like the game.

Doesn’t matter, the devs don’t care.

they have your money already, basically if your name isn’t pestily or some other big streamer name as far as BSG is concerned you can go fornicate yourself.

they way they treat their player base is disgusting and makes me have nothing but contempt for that fat wannabe operator Nikita.